Options

Attention: the protomen still exist! cover album available now!

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am about 10 feet from the stage at PAXAUS

Protomen starting any minute

so

fucking

hype

• Options
    HOLY FUCK

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ugh, cleaning out my apartment and it looks like I still have those fanfics the girl left at the show
    I wish I had a giant Raiders-style warehouse to stick these in and lose forever

Have you tried fire?

Give them to me

I will complete the ritual that you failed to complete, reading them to the Internet with whole-hearted earnestness

Thus freeing us from their dreaded curse

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Ugh, cleaning out my apartment and it looks like I still have those fanfics the girl left at the show
    I wish I had a giant Raiders-style warehouse to stick these in and lose forever

Have you tried fire?

Give them to me

I will complete the ritual that you failed to complete, reading them to the Internet with whole-hearted earnestness

Thus freeing us from their dreaded curse

Yes. That will work and is in no way the scene from the middle of the horror movie where the trick to "stopping" the demons turns out to just be what they want, empowering them to plunge the Earth into a new age of darkness.

Fire. It's fast, it's clean, it works.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Turns out the fanfiction houses a fire demon

what a twist

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

what a twist

well if it summons an efreet there's a 10% chance you'll get some wishes out of it!

and a 10% chance you'll die horribly

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I threw those fics away the day I posted that
    They've almost certainly fallen into the wrong hands by now

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

what a twist

well if it summons an efreet there's a 10% chance you'll get some wishes out of it!

and a 10% chance you'll die horribly

What's the other 80% for

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    you summon a harmless imp that will do menial tasks for you for the day

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    HOLY FUCK

So how was it? What was the encore?

• Options
    okay so I think I've recovered enough

I have seen a lot of concerts

big, small, mid-level venues and bands

that may have been the best concert I have ever seen

I may skip or mix a couple things in the setlist but they opened with Will of One and Vengeance, then Breaking Out, then I thhhiiinnnkkk Father of Death and The Hounds (holy fuck Turbo Lover is so good), then Don't Stop Me Now which was insane, then Light Up The Night followed by The Fall complete with Panther climbing up their amps and falling off onto (presumably) a mattress, then Hope Rides Alone which really surprised me but fuck yeah Hope Rides Alone, then the Act 3 song which is sounding pretty good, and they closed with Bohemian Rhapsody and Due Vendetta and also Kilroy stage dived

and then Kilroy took his fucking mask off

• Options
    I'm not sure "awesome" is really good enough for that but I clicked on it anyway.

I need to make sure I see them at Prime this year.

• Options
    I touched Kilroy's mustache

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I touched Kilroy's mustache

You and I are like this

At the show I went to, Kilroy deadlifted me into the air

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Do you feel more powerful now?

I did, for about a week

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Gosh now I'm reminiscing about seeing them at MAGFest

I need to make another Proto men concert, gah damn

Also @Lost Salient, if you're still stuck in Charlottesville (I know you made that post three months ago but I didn't read this thread for a while wooooops) then we could maybe chill at some point, because I'm going to college just over the hill in Harrisonburg.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh hay

I am in fact still living in Charlottesville, so just shoot me a message via PM and we can work out details. When are you going to be in Harrisonburg? I'm guessing around September when the semester starts?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    Nothing but a bunch of Wahoos and Dukes in here. You guys should definitely consider making the drive to Richmond next time they play here. Admittedly it won't have the charm of being in a duck pin bowling alley anymore, but the last place they played was still pretty good.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    SOMEONE SAID BOWLING

If I could bowl AND see the Protomen in a single day I would LOSE MY SHIT in CAPITAL LETTERS.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Oh shit if we could have a Central VA Proto-thread meet up that would be the greatest

• Options
    So apparently there was a prize for coming to every one of their shows in Australia

The Prize? Panther's aviators and Commander's clip-ons

winner.jpg

• Options
    So apparently there was a prize for coming to every one of their shows in Australia

The Prize? Panther's aviators and Commander's clip-ons

winner.jpg

Now you really can be protoman

Protoman_without_helmet_by_Protoman7206.png

• Options
    Hey so I saw them at Prime!

They were great as usual, the sound system less so. They did two Act III songs but hell if I have any idea what the lyrics were or what they were about. They said the new album was "coming soon" though.

• Options
    Another Act III song????

Also the next album is almost certainly just the cover album

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I thought that came out already?

But yeah, they had Commander do a song where his voice was run through a synthesizer to sound like a robot.

Edit 2: also he said that if you ask nicely you can hear song through headphones at their booth.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Nah they put out a cassette that had I Drove All Night and part of Silent Running but the full cover album is yet to appear

• Options
    Ah, I was thinking of the Queen album then? Speaking of which, they did "Don't Stop Me Now". Their other cover of the night was "Mr. Roboto".

I'm trying to remember the set-list but they really mixed it up this year.

• Options
    Almost certainly wrong, incomplete, and out-of-order setlist.

Unrest in the House of Light
    The Will of One
    New New Act III song

Father of Death
    The Hounds
    Don't Stop Me Now
    Light Up the Night
    The Fall

New Act III song from last year
    Hope Rides Alone
    Mr. Roboto
    Due Vendetta

No encore

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    okay so I think I've recovered enough

I have seen a lot of concerts

big, small, mid-level venues and bands

that may have been the best concert I have ever seen

I may skip or mix a couple things in the setlist but they opened with Will of One and Vengeance, then Breaking Out, then I thhhiiinnnkkk Father of Death and The Hounds (holy fuck Turbo Lover is so good), then Don't Stop Me Now which was insane, then Light Up The Night followed by The Fall complete with Panther climbing up their amps and falling off onto (presumably) a mattress, then Hope Rides Alone which really surprised me but fuck yeah Hope Rides Alone, then the Act 3 song which is sounding pretty good, and they closed with Bohemian Rhapsody and Due Vendetta and also Kilroy stage dived

and then Kilroy took his fucking mask off

Wait, so this is super late, but is kilroy taking his mask off a big thing? Because when I went and saw them in sydney after pax, kilroy was fronting(?) (doing music stuff and getting involved) for MC Frontalot without his mask before the Protomen part of the concert started.

• Options
    Kilroy takes that thing off all the time
    He frequently does DJ sets too

• Options
    There's a show in Springfield VA (my hometown, at Empire, a club I used to frequent that was called Jaxx once upon a time) on October 10th. Come to it so we can be friends.

It's not on their official page yet so tickets are still available and cheap. Get 'em soon.

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    Ugh, NoVA without good metro access. I think I'd rather slam my genitals in a kitchen drawer than have to drive up there during rush hour.

Hopefully they stop in Richmond on the way up.

• Options
    Springfield's not *too* bad with regards to traffic. Usually.

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I thought that came out already?

But yeah, they had Commander do a song where his voice was run through a synthesizer to sound like a robot.

Edit 2: also he said that if you ask nicely you can hear song through headphones at their booth.

Was it this, or am I dumb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0tlXr5HKk

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    HOLY SHIT WHAT

• Options
    That's pretty rough, and very different from the Act II sound, but I think I can dig it once it's polished up a bit

• Options
    Is there a good bootleg of the Gambler Jam around anywhere? Because she straight up rocks the Heart sound on that song (perhaps a touch of Benatar as well) and it's perfect.

• Options
    I just realized that the first Act III song premiered at the last PAX, and this one shows up a full year later

We are never getting this album

• Options
    Hey, the Breaking Out demo landed a pretty good while before anything else Act II, so it's not *too* unusual for them.