As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Attention: the protomen still exist! cover album available now!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    A little bird may have whispered to me that Act III will hearken back heavily to the rougher quality of Act I

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    that makes sense since it's ostensibly gonna be the same time period

• Options
    I forgot to mention the cover they played this time

It was... out of their usual wheelhouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DkcQ09h2Vo

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Attention:

I keep singing Built to Last to myself but instinctively replace the phrase "built to last" with "born to dance"

that is all

• Options
    why do i always think that this thread being bumped means there's news on the cover album or act 3

there's never news on the cover album or act 3

• Options
    Tentative date for the covers album is mid-March

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize the warped tour was still a thing, but that's cool that they're getting on a larger bill like this, especially as a featured band.

Could be a big deal for them!

• Options
    Warped Tour ain't my scene, but I'm excited for anything that gets them more exposure

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    ah warped tour

4th 5th and 6th grade me was a fan

4th grade me went to see sum 41 and simple plan

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I forgot to say anything when the last email went out but they promised that some stuff is coming
    And finally, here's a list of things that are still happening, even if we don't talk about them all the time (in no particular order):
    1) Covers Album
    2) Act II Vinyl
    3) Light Up The Night video.
    4) Documentary
    5) --- --- (use your imagination)
    6) Seeecrettss
    7) More seeeeecrettss

#5 is pretty clearly A C T I I I

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Look at all those secrets!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    How in the sweet bloody fuck did I miss this update
    VANS WARPED TOUR and COVER UP EP
    It's been a long time coming, but that long time has finally led to now. If you're planning on coming to Vans Warped Tour Presented By Journey's this summer, you'll finally be able to get a glimpse of the longest gestating covers record in the history of rock and roll. We're releasing a 4 song downloadable EP exclusively at the Warped shows. The jams will come in the form of a tour laminate/lanyard/download ticket situation for what we're officially calling the Victory World Tour…pt. 1… North America: Cover Up EP (it's 4 sweet cover jams that you can only get at Warped Tour, but we can't legally call it Vans Warped Tour, so hence our Victory.) The tour laminate (which will cost only 5 American Dollars) includes a commemorative movie ticket stub for The Cover Up movie (not to be confused Dolph Lundgren and Louis Gossett Jr.'s 1991 cinematic masterpiece), and that ticket includes a download code. If you buy the laminate and get the ticket, not only can you impress your friends with your snazzy new tour laminate and download the 4 songs, but you'll also be able to use that same download code for a 5 dollar discount when the full soundtrack becomes available. It's soon. We promise. And this time it's for real.

laminateandticket2.jpg

If you can't make it to VWT (Victory World Tour……. pt. 1... North America), don't fret, just ask a friend to get a lanyard for you. We heard on the street that friends like mailing things to friends.

COVERS TRACK LISTING:

1. Danger Zone
    2. No Easy Way Out
    3. The Trooper
    4. Drove All Night

Aside from the lanyard/download ticket situation, we have a fancy new tour shirt that I think you should want. I also heard on that same street that it's pretty fun to own like 3 or 4 of them.

snipershirt.jpg

You'll also be able to get a sweet poster, too!

victory_poster_small.jpg

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    I skipped out on seeing them when warped tour came through Houston because I'd basically be paying like 60 bucks just for protomen.

One day I'll get this damn Kilroy hammer signed. One day.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I made this thread 5 years ago.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    It's been longer since Act 2 than it was between it and Act 1 by now and people thought that was a long time

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I missed that bit about the EP too.

But damn do I like that new poster design.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I really hope they come back to Australia. It's a goddam long shot, but I would love to see them again.

• Options
    Hey guys hey if you wanna hit up the Soundmachine store they have some extra download codes for sale for the 4 track cover EP you could get at Warped Tour

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    And shirts depending on your size.
    Sad they had like 10 posters left over but I guess the show in Austin in October will make up for it.

• Options
    Listening to the covers right nooooooowwwwwwwwwww

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    And shirts depending on your size.
    Sad they had like 10 posters left over but I guess the show in Austin in October will make up for it.

Maaaaaan I wanna go to that Austin show so bad but it's on a frickin Tuesday.

Never gonna get this Kilroy hammer signed.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Just uhh

Just gimme the hammer and I'll get it signed.

andnevergiveitback

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just uhh

Just gimme the hammer and I'll get it signed.

andnevergiveitback

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooope

(I actually thought about asking if you could do it when I saw your tweet but I wanna be there when they sign it.)

rhylith on
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I got a chance to see them at Warped this year. There was at least one or two other bands I didn't mind seeing out there so it definitely wasn't wasted. Got one of the lanyards and a T-shirt. It was an awesome, awesome time. A few pics of the setup and my signed lanyard.
    q4uUmr4.jpg4sTiQex.jpgX0KMltS.jpgzZvMeTF.jpg

Azraith on
    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    I have decided that these covers please me and I will allow them to continue to exist

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have decided that these covers please me and I will allow them to continue to exist

Did you order off the website? I haven't gotten a download link or anything...

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

If you bought from the website they will send you the physical lanyard with the download code printed on it
    mine came in today

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

If you bought from the website they will send you the physical lanyard with the download code printed on it
    mine came in today

Aaahhh duh.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Everyone shut up! Shut up, Lutz

The covers album is done and if you're at MAGFest you can go get it right now

If not then you can pre-order the vinyl or cassette tape tomorrow morning from their new merch site
    http://protomen.gomerch.com

You'll get a download code as soon as you place the order too

Various combos are available in the different formats with a t-shirt and also one combo pack that will include an actual vintage Walkman for you to play the cassette on

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hey @Chincymcchilla‌ update dat thread title

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Track listing!
    Pick Up
    Because The Night
    Princes Of The Universe
    Mr. Roboto
    No Easy Way Out
    Last Stop
    In The Air Tonight
    I Drove All Night
    Total Eclipse Of The Heart
    Hunted
    The Trooper
    I Still Believe (Great Design)
    Results
    Danger Zone
    Silent Running (On Dangerous Ground)

1, 6, 10 and 13 seem to be spoken interludes

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    CosCos Registered User regular
    Finally.

That's definitely an apt email title.

Looks like someone realized they screwed up and yanked down the track listing and Super Duper Pack listing, which rang in at $63. Here's hoping the vinyl + shirt combo comes in significantly cheaper than that?

• Options
    Well that vinyl combo won't include an actual Walkman that they had to get from god knows where
    And you know those autographs are worth CASH

• Options
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Oh shit I missed this thread entirely when I posted my MAGFest set summary

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Man, this cover album is pretty excellent. I haven't had a chance to see The Protomen live, so a lot of these tracks are entirely new to me. The transition from Hunted to The Trooper, oh man.

Edit: Also, what is going on with their ordering page? Earlier I preordered a Super Cassette bundle that didn't come with a t-shirt, but did come with the Walkman. Now that option isn't on the website, but there's a Super Duper bundle with a t-shirt and is sold out? I got a confirmation for my order.

jgeis on
  • Options
    CosCos Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Edit: Also, what is going on with their ordering page? Earlier I preordered a Super Cassette bundle that didn't come with a t-shirt, but did come with the Walkman. Now that option isn't on the website, but there's a Super Duper bundle with a t-shirt and is sold out? I got a confirmation for my order.

It's a brand new site that they just launched today, I'd be surprised if there weren't some bugs in there somewhere. I'd shoot them an email if you wanted to double check and make sure your order is right. The Super Duper Pack sold out really quick this morning.

I really can't wait to figure out what exactly the speaking parts are; clips from the movie or from the people who made the movie?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What are the protomen?

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Cos wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »

It's a brand new site that they just launched today, I'd be surprised if there weren't some bugs in there somewhere. I'd shoot them an email if you wanted to double check and make sure your order is right. The Super Duper Pack sold out really quick this morning.

I really can't wait to figure out what exactly the speaking parts are; clips from the movie or from the people who made the movie?

Yeah, I shot off an email to the gomerch support email. My CC has already been charged and everything, and like I said, I did get a correct confirmation email that contained the appropriately labelled download link (Super Cassette Pack, vs. Super Duper Pack). I'm actually looking forward to getting the vintage Walkman, I was born a hair too late to have experienced them.