[Chat]wipe

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Motorboats are inferior to sailing yachts

they are only good for sort-of-shitty weather

If the weather is fine, why hurry? Just turn off the engine, put up the sails and just chill out, we'll arrive when we arrive

But if it isn't, sailing vessels can handle just fine the kind of weather you'd have to be insane to go out in in a motor boat

You are correct and I use basically these same reasons to argue why Zeppelins are superior to airplanes. :lol:

edit: Though Zeppelins obviously have engines, but you know... They're more fun.

Sail boats have engines too. Zeppelins are way superior to jets.

Like, I hate flying for over an hour. The food is the worst it is possible to be, it's cramped, it's uncomfortable, there's bitch who won't strangle her kid no matter the decibel output, it all feels like fat american tourist in a hawaii shirt

zeppelins were flying luxury hotels, godamnit

and notice I didn't include "in comparison to modern commercial jets"

they were better than most hotels today

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Japan your wife is adorable.

I told Cesca that my wife is adorable (we are living in sin, you see).

japan on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki, are you living in chicago now?

No, Nashville. Much better than Iowa City.

Ahh, yeah, because I was confused for a bit. You've been in Nashville for a year now, right?

I've been in Iowa City for a few month, and a year in Murfreesboro (outside of Nashville) before that. Before that it was Nashville proper.
    Didn't you drop a bottle of Cristal off a roof in Nashville?

Haha, yeah. Probably wouldn't have appreciated the taste anyways (yes I would).

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I woke up at like 10 am, and Sarks was gone

then i went back to sleep and woke up at 11:30

Wait, this implies that he spent the night.
    O-ho-ho-ho! :winky:

Bow chicka wow-wow

Yeah, totally :P

no, he crashed on the couch. I went out like "hey you want some eggs before you leave--oh. Ok....:?"

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Bow chicka wow-wow

And hasn't she already had sex with another [chat]ter? A-something-or-other?

I'm not sure...if so it was probably before I came to [chat].

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

If the weather is fine, why hurry? Just turn off the engine, put up the sails and just chill out, we'll arrive when we arrive

But if it isn't, sailing vessels can handle just fine the kind of weather you'd have to be insane to go out in in a motor boat

You are correct and I use basically these same reasons to argue why Zeppelins are superior to airplanes. :lol:

edit: Though Zeppelins obviously have engines, but you know... They're more fun.

Like, I hate flying for over an hour. The food is the worst it is possible to be, it's cramped, it's uncomfortable, there's bitch who won't strangle her kid no matter the decibel output, it all feels like fat american tourist in a hawaii shirt

Go Amtrak. Get a room with the fold-down beds. It takes 5 times as long as a flight, and probably costs 3 times as much, but man, it's glorious.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Japan your wife is adorable.

I told Cesca that my wife is adorable (we are living in sin, you see).

Yes yes yes I know that's Cesca and I know you're married. I'm sleep frazzled, gimme a break.
    You're still living in sin, though.
    :winky:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Bow chicka wow-wow

Yeah, totally :P

no, he crashed on the couch. I went out like "hey you want some eggs before you leave--oh. Ok....:?"

So he crashed on the couch after all the hot, sweaty love making? :P

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Uh, I spent the night because I didn't want to drive three hours after having three beers.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2009
    Oh wiggin, You silly boy.

I had the nicest pork crackling last night. Crunchy and tasty but not so hard it chipped a tooth.

Bogart on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

Sooo true.

Did you know that the Graf Zeppelin I & II had showers in all cabins? It is really the shame of a century that the Hindenburg blew up. It's been possible to build perfectly safe Zeppelins for quite a long time now.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn Sarks the old hit and run huh? Fuck 'em and leave 'em before they even wake up?

That is ice cold dude.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/99940/saturday-night-live-update-mrs-ahmadinejad

Oh god, why do I love this

and who is that actress?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Uh, I spent the night because I didn't want to drive three hours after having three beers.

REAL
    GOOD
    BIG
    DICK

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Sooo true.

Did you know that the Graf Zeppelin I & II had showers in all cabins? It is really the shame of a century that the Hindenburg blew up. It's been possible to build perfectly safe Zeppelins for quite a long time now.
    We seem to value speed over comfort unfortunately. Nobody takes time to do anything any more.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

He crashed on the couch after the hot lovemaking because she drugged him!

Hakks, you fiend!

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Go Amtrak. Get a room with the fold-down beds. It takes 5 times as long as a flight, and probably costs 3 times as much, but man, it's glorious.

I'm in Norway. Going to the capital is a 45-minute flight, a 9 hour train trip.

Going to denmark or britain is also about 45 minutes from here if it's a direct flight, while going by sea takes maybe a day

so, much much more than five times as long. But it is cheaper though.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bogart wrote: »

I had the nicest pork crackling last night. Crunchy and tasty but not so hard it chipped a tooth.

I'm still not over convinced by crackling. It's a flaw.

However, I am now watching Bond become acquainted with ninja while wearing a very manly pink shirt.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hakks, you fiend!

Dun dun duuuuuuuuun!

Gonmun on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Sooo true.

We seem to value speed over comfort unfortunately. Nobody takes time to do anything any more.

Yeah, business flights pretty much died when the airlines found out that the money was in transporting lots of people instead of just a few rich ones

I want society to be more divided again

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Going to denmark or britain is also about 45 minutes from here if it's a direct flight, while going by sea takes maybe a day

I wish it were cheaper here to take the train long distances. Having actual commuter rail in Chicago is so nice, just getting to sit and zone out for an hour on the way to work.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hakks, you fiend!

I MAKE GREAT ART

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO JUDGE ME

I'M GOING TO FRANCE

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

REAL GOOD

BIG DICK

It saddens me that there are very few people left who understand this joke.
    cass

i remember that night

it was awesome

MikeMan on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »

However, I am now watching Bond become acquainted with ninja while wearing a very manly pink shirt.

Bond-san!

Bogart on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »

REAL GOOD

BIG DICK

It saddens me that there are very few people left who understand this joke.
    cass

i remember that night

it was awesome

totally one of the best D&D nights

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Bond-san!

He now looks like something between a Romulan and some Hollywood idea of Japanese.

It's funny.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Bond-san!
    Oh god that's such a horrible part of that movie. Fake eyebrows+bad bowl wig=Japanese!

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I wish it were cheaper here to take the train long distances. Having actual commuter rail in Chicago is so nice, just getting to sit and zone out for an hour on the way to work.

what are long distances? the US is ridicolously huge compared to Norway, but alot of it is way more traversable

that the railroad kinda follows the coastline, but was built far enough from the coast to be safe from bombardment from the sea does not help things, since there's fuck all that far into the country

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So when did you wake up, Sarks? :P

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    also: GODFUCKINGDAMNIT i am having another gout attack

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hakks, you fiend!

I MAKE GREAT ART

I'M GOING TO FRANCE

Ummm....

SO DO I

I CAN JUDGE WHOEVER I DAMN WELL WANT TO

CAN I COME WITH YOU?

ALSO, WHO ARE YOU REFERENCING?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just so everyone is on the know on this:

There were Zeppelin aircraft carriers! We were this close to actually living in a steampunk world. And it was all taken away from us.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ummm....

SO DO I

CAN I COME WITH YOU?

Roman Polanski

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=101935

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

what are long distances? the US is ridicolously huge compared to Norway, but alot of it is way more traversable

that the railroad kinda follows the coastline, but was built far enough from the coast to be safe from bombardment from the sea does not help things, since there's fuck all that far into the country
    Like from Chicago to New York. It's about a 20 hour trip, and a room with two beds is $668. It includes 3 meals though.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hakks, you fiend!

I MAKE GREAT ART

I'M GOING TO FRANCE

Ummm....

SO DO I

CAN I COME WITH YOU?

POLANSKI WHO DRUGGED AND RAPED A MINOR BUT CANNOT BE JUDGED BECAUSE HE MAKES GREAT ART AND WAS ALSO IN FRANCE BUT THE SWISS WOULD HAVE NONE OF IT SO NOW HE'S GONNA GET RAPED BY THE AMERICAN LEGAL SYSTEM

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    also: GODFUCKINGDAMNIT i am having another gout attack

Oh dang was it the burrs D:

You know my roommate was gonna ask you about the gout but she forgot to evidently

her knees hurt after she drinks

is it a sign?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Burrs?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Like from Chicago to New York. It's about a 20 hour trip, and a room with two beds is $668. It includes 3 meals though.

Is there a lounge wagon where they serve whiskey and my monocle and high hat is not bad form? Because I would totally go on that trip if there was.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hakks, you fiend!

I MAKE GREAT ART

I'M GOING TO FRANCE

Ummm....

SO DO I

CAN I COME WITH YOU?

POLANSKI WHO DRUGGED AND RAPED A MINOR BUT CANNOT BE JUDGED BECAUSE HE MAKES GREAT ART AND WAS ALSO IN FRANCE BUT THE SWISS WOULD HAVE NONE OF IT SO NOW HE'S GONNA GET RAPED BY THE AMERICAN LEGAL SYSTEM

THANK YOU

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just so everyone is on the know on this:

There were Zeppelin aircraft carriers! We were this close to actually living in a steampunk world. And it was all taken away from us.

Why is it all of a sudden I think that Gadget from Chip 'n Dale's Rescue Rangers was steampunk?

Gonmun on
This discussion has been closed.