As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West Coast Train Trip 2007!

• Options
    galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    West Coast Supertrip...
    A summary...
    :P
    The train idea is definitely a good one...I wonder if we can charter out an entire train section, ala Final Fantasy VIII (Square, tm). Maybe if we did it that way, we could save some money and all distribute inexpensive "BAWLS" samples?
    8-)

Also, and just really quick...there is no reason for vicious "in-fighting" amongst the people on these forums, so let's start using more team work and ingenuity and make this convention the best it's ever been!
    K, thanx! ^-^

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm jumping onto this come next pay check so the designated times as in the first post are the times where most PA'ers will be boarding right?

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I believe the times are when the train departs. Best not to show up 10 minutes later to find out.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I believe the times are when the train departs. Best not to show up 10 minutes later to find out.

Well I kinda figured that, kinda.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heh. You're welcome on the train, so long as you pay your ticket. Lemme know where you're boarding, so I can add you to the list.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So my group and I are taking the 5:45 am Casacades from Eugene instead of the 9:00. We'll get into Seattle a lot earlier and have more fun time. I was wondering though if anyone else is taking this early train or are we going to be yelling WOOT PAX and just getting a bunch of strange looks?

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Big Guy wrote: »
    So my group and I are taking the 5:45 am Casacades from Eugene instead of the 9:00. We'll get into Seattle a lot earlier and have more fun time. I was wondering though if anyone else is taking this early train or are we going to be yelling WOOT PAX and just getting a bunch of strange looks?

Don't think you'll find anyone here that is, when the whole point of this thread is that we're taking the same train so we can geek out on the way up. Who needs to get to Seattle earlier when you get to hang out with the PAX crowd the whole way there?

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well, for one, I bought the tix way back in april before i knew when everyone was going....
    and two, I wanted more time to explore the area around the hotels and convention center before the pre-pax concerts. We have a group of 4 going together so it'll still be fun on the train...just a few less PAXers.

is it PAXers?...or PAXees? or PAXites?....

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    babelfishbabelfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PAXicans.

babelfish on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    babelfish wrote: »
    PAXicans.

i like it

Big Guy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Aye. Anyhow, those in Eugene would be on a different train as it was, as the Coast Starlight doesn't stop anywhere Eugene northward anymore.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    Nitram250Nitram250 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So it looks like I'm probably going. Only thing is that my dad is coming along. He wants to make sure I don't touch all the free flowing booze that going to be around and we're celebrating My High School graduation and his 40th graduation which happened at around the same time. woot! I know that he may seem lame and a wet blanket, but he really is a cool guy. He took me to Ozzfest when I was 14 and people my age seem to like him. (I'm 19) So I don't think he would ruin the fun.

But I'm still a bit worried it might be akward with him there, at PAX and this supertrip. He kind of wants to go early, but I want to hang out with you guys. It doesn't seem like we have to go early. It seems like it's up to me. So guys should we go with you or on our own? I would like to meet you guys but I dunno. That's why I'm asking you.

Just to clarify I'm still going to go to PAX but I'm checking to see if it's cool if I go on this supertrip with you guys. With dad in tow.

edit: After thinking it over, I really want to go with you guys. So unless there are some major objections you'll seem me there. I still would mind your feedback though.

Nitram250 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Why the hell would we mind? We're glad to have you along, accompanied or not! Hell, give us half a chance and we'll make a gamer out of him!

What station do I add you at?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nitram250 wrote: »
    So it looks like I'm probably going. Only thing is that my dad is coming along. He wants to make sure I don't touch all the free flowing booze that going to be around and we're celebrating My High School graduation and his 40th graduation which happened at around the same time. woot! I know that he may seem lame and a wet blanket, but he really is a cool guy. He took me to Ozzfest when I was 14 and people my age seem to like him. (I'm 19) So I don't think he would ruin the fun.

But I'm still a bit worried it might be akward with him there, at PAX and this supertrip. He kind of wants to go early, but I want to hang out with you guys. It doesn't seem like we have to go early. It seems like it's up to me. So guys should we go with you or on our own? I would like to meet you guys but I dunno. That's why I'm asking you.

Just to clarify I'm still going to go to PAX but I'm checking to see if it's cool if I go on this supertrip with you guys. With dad in tow.

edit: After thinking it over, I really want to go with you guys. So unless there are some major objections you'll seem me there. I still would mind your feedback though.

Hey, man, don't worry about it. Last year when I went to PAX, I had parental ground control at the hotel room, too. Welcome aboard.

By the way, on a completely unrelated subject... Anyone up for some Worms DS on the train? Comes out in early August.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Nitram250 wrote: »

Hey, man, don't worry about it. Last year when I went to PAX, I had parental ground control at the hotel room, too. Welcome aboard.

By the way, on a completely unrelated subject... Anyone up for some Worms DS on the train? Comes out in early August.

Oh damn, I forgot that was coming out, it has Wi-Fi play too right? I may have to pick that up even though I'm broke.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Nitram250Nitram250 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ok cool. We haven't got the detail squared away quite yet. The min. we figure it out I'll tell you.

Nitram250 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    okie day!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    georobgeorob Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    Hey folks,

I'm new around here and this will be the first time I go to PAX. Some RL friends and a lot of my friends from another forum I frequent will be going also but they already had travel arrangements set up.

So I saw this thread, and since I hadn't bought a plane ticket yet I jumped on this. I'll be boarding the train on Aug 22, at 10:12pm at Emeryville. I look forward to meeting you guys.

(Oh, and my birthday is Aug 23rd :) )

georob on
    XboxLive: georobGWJ
    WoW - Cinster
  • Options
    jonarajonara Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    Hello to everyone! I'm also brand spanking new to PAX and the PA forums. My friend and I were going to try and hop aboard the train in Emeryville and join the party.

It's not for sure yet; we're going to work out the details tonight.

Hope to see all you guys in a couple weeks!

jonara on
  • Options
    LindygamerLindygamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    georob wrote: »
    (Oh, and my birthday is Aug 23rd :) )

Dammit what an awesome time to have a birthday. I do believe you wont have to pay for anything that day. Well, if we like you that is.

On another note, I totally forgot about worms 2 coming out. I was just thinking to myself this morning. Yay paycheck! What do I get to treat myself to this time.

Lindygamer on
    The opinions I don't have are the opinions I don't got.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MaxSteeleMaxSteele Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey everyone,

I'm hopping on Amtrak in Portland, OR at 8:45am on August 24th. It's the 500 Cascades train. I wanted to see if there were going to be any other PAXers on this train. I'll have my DS with me!

MaxSteele on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Nah, we're all on the later train (the 506)! You can still change your ticket! Do so at once!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Haha!

Nah, I wanna get there before PAX opens since I'll have to leave a few hours before it closes on Sunday.

Thanks for the info though!

Any other pre-stragglers on my train? :)

MaxSteele on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MaxSteele wrote: »
    Haha!

Nah, I wanna get there before PAX opens since I'll have to leave a few hours before it closes on Sunday.

The train everyone is on arrives 3:55 PM on the 23rd which is a Thursday. Are you riding up on Friday or something?

Also do you have a place to stay yet? I need a roomie coming Thursday and leaving Sunday that I want confirmed ASAP.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    MaxSteele wrote: »
    Haha!

The train everyone is on arrives 3:55 PM on the 23rd which is a Thursday. Are you riding up on Friday or something?

Also do you have a place to stay yet? I need a roomie coming Thursday and leaving Sunday that I want confirmed ASAP.

Yup, I'm coming up on Friday. That's why I was asking if there was anyone else on the train I'm coming in on.

And nope, don't need a room.

MaxSteele on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Boarding in Scaramento. So wake your asses up then.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Boarding in Scaramento. So wake your asses up then.

My friend who doesn't post on these forums will be boarding there too.

Also, I don't know why he hasn't posted here, but Highfire is boarding with me in San Jose.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey, has anybody thought to throw that WCTT logo on something at Cafe Press to make a little booze money for the train yet?

Three weeks...
    Bounce
    Bounce
    Bounce!

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    AugustusAugustus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey, attended PAX every year, never really been on these forums. Posting to say count me in on the train trip, tickets are already booked. Is anyone doing anything for shared hotel rooms? Because if not I gotta worry about that too.

This is so much cheaper than a plane it's ridiculous. I've driven there once from Orange County, flew there twice (must burn LAX... JUST KIDDING MR. FBI AHAHA PLEASE DON'T SEND ME TO GITMO), might as well go for a train too.

Augustus on
    I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Here's the threads for hotel sharing
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=25930

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    PikeGodPikeGod Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Got myself a ticket, headed out of Sacramento.

PikeGod on
    Failure is the art of mastery. Thusly, I am a master. In many, many things.
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/am2Copy/Simple_Copy_Popup&c=am2Copy&cid=1178294019616

Dammit-- Somethings messed up now. No checked baggage? you better believe I'm going to call and confirm this.

** EDIT **

NO CHECKED BAGGAGE

It seems the trains they were using had it, and since this issue they can't use it anymore. I hope you can take 2 bags that are less then 28inches tall, 22inches wide, and 14inches deep. Because If you can't it will suck.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    MaccyMaccy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So Viscountalpha, is our train still going to be at the same time and stuff? I'm confused.

That aside,
    Hello WCTT peoples! I've been in the USA for a month and a half now, and it's been all cool and stuff. I'm coming to LA on the 16th August and I'll be staying there until PAX. Does anyone want to hang out before then? Give me a shout.

Maccy on
  • Options
    kazuokazuo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hi kids

I got a ticket for the ho-train, see you guys on it

PROTIP: You will know when I have boarded, I will make my arrival known with fireworks

PS - Boarding in Oakland

kazuo on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Maccy wrote: »
    So Viscountalpha, is our train still going to be at the same time and stuff? I'm confused.

That aside,
    Hello WCTT peoples! I've been in the USA for a month and a half now, and it's been all cool and stuff. I'm coming to LA on the 16th August and I'll be staying there until PAX. Does anyone want to hang out before then? Give me a shout.

I might still catch the train. If I win anything larger then I can carry, I will mail it to myself. It would be nice to come to pax with 2 light bags.

Ya-- I think I'll still get on this train.
    kazuo wrote: »
    Hi kids

I got a ticket for the ho-train, see you guys on it

PROTIP: You will know when I have boarded, I will make my arrival known with fireworks

PS - Boarding in Oakland

Uh, If you want to get kicked off for fireworks-- thats your prerogative.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    SilverwispSilverwisp Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's getting closer now and I have my train tickets and my pax stuff. I'm ready to party with the train crew!
    Also, I'm bring teh booze. =)

Silverwisp on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Hope the warranty on your sarcasm detector is still good.

kazuo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    kazuo wrote: »

Hope the warranty on your sarcasm detector is still good.

My sarcasm detector works well :P

Oh.. I finally booked my train ticket. A word of advice, if your traveling from eugene northward, check your tickets and see if any changes have been made. I heard something happened to the talgo trains so thats why the whole train change thing happened.

I also got a superliner roomette for the way back. I want a comfortable ride back from pax to sleep in. Heck, I could even get a shower. Too bad I don't have a female companion for that :winky:

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    LindygamerLindygamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    9 (bleep)ing days people. I dont know about all your guys but im filled to the brim with anticipation, stress, and dread. Anticipation of the all the awesomeness of the weekend. Stress from wanting to make sure all my travel plans are in order. As well as dread that I may not be able to sleep, sleep in friday morning and not get into line until noon. As well as dread that the train wont get in til past midnight and have to make a new sleeping arrangements for that night.

Mostly its anticipation, but im a pessimist and the thought that I will miss the train completely is also a fear. Both my trains actually.

On a lighter note I picked a handgrip/batterypack thing for my DS. Happily I will probably not need to charge my DS until all of you have recharged yours. Also I was wondering if I should pick up picross. I played it this weekend and enjoy it, but not enough to buy a copy if I can play it time to time in download play.

Lindygamer on
    The opinions I don't have are the opinions I don't got.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Lindygamer wrote: »
    9 (bleep)ing days pe

blah blah blah

Relax dude. As long as you got your pass, your train ticket, and your wallet, you'll survive.

Take it as it comes. :)

kazuo on
This discussion has been closed.