As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - Recruitment finished, thanks to those who applied

• Options
    residueresidue Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The wizard looks happy and surprised. He's alive, and unhurt, despite the pesky kobold charging him, and despite the violence and carnage going on all over the place. Mindartis breaths a sigh of relief as the swordmage dispatches the enemies nearby and then runs off, leaving Mindartis to call out a brief "Thank you brother!" before he turns around.

First target he sees is one of the kobolds left standing after the dragonborn spewed fire over the group. With a dire grin the Eladrin raises two hands, formed into fists, and a shot of magic blue flashes from them, dispatching the last minion.

Movement on the right hand side of the road causes him to frown in sudden worry. "Thud? How you hanging in there?" he shouts, moving to assist the dwarf.

Standard action: Magic Missile at Kobold Minion C.
    Attack roll: Magic Missile at Kobold Minion C (1d20+5=21). Hit! No damage roll necessary, minion only got 1 hp. He be dead.

Minor action: none.
    Move action: move to L3.

I was torn between what to do. But I figured the minion had to be taken out before he could strike at Akarr... sorry.

Next up: Thud.
    On deck: Kobold Slinger

residue on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Moradin's beard!" Thud swears, bringing his Craghammer back around for another blow. A slight trickle of blood seeps from his wounded shoulder, but the dwarf's having none of it. The holy symbols eteched into the head of his hammer flare with divine flame. "May the All-Father burn your soul!" Thud shouts.

Bringing the hammer around, its head now flaring with Moradin's anger, Thud slams it into the wily kobolds shoulder. Instantly, the flames leap from the hammer to the kobold. And the smell of sizzling flesh fills the air.

Thud notices Mindartis approaching with a quick glance over his shoulder, "Hah! It'll take more than a pokey stick to worry me, pointy-ear! But even I can see over this one's head....and there's still more fun to be had!"

Minor Action: None
    Move Action: None
    Standard Action: Avenging Flame Daily Power on Kobold Skirmisher at N4
    Attack Roll: 23 - HIT!
    Damage: 14 + 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

Hmm. Weak damage roll, but I'll take it. This Kobold is bloodied I beleve. Ongoing fire damage will help too. Thud can bottle up the Kobolds coming up on his side of the rocks, if someone wants to circle around and stab these jerks in the back.

Oh, and can I annouce that I'm finally getting used spelling "colour" in the American way? Yay for fewer edits!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kobold Ambush: Round 2

Seeing the demise of some of his fellow Kobolds after Akarr's blast of lightning, the slinger withdraws an object from it's belt and places it in the sling. Whirling it around it's head it sents a clay pot flying through the air which shatter's upon the dragonborn's armour, setting him aflame.

residue, you can attack the kobolds behind rocks, your attack roll just gets a -2 due to them having cover.

I'll track the ongoing damage from the firepot and Steel's daily into account. I've adjusted Akarr's health so that he's taken the damage for this turn, leaving him at 10.

Moves:
    Kobold Slinger (F15):
    Moves to C7.
    Attacks Akarr with the a firepot from it's sling.

Attack roll: 1d20+6 vs AC. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d6+3= 7.
    The firepot explodes on Akarr, dealing two ongoing fire damage at the start of his turn. (Save ends)

Initiative:
    Akarr: (H5)
    HP 10/27 (Ongoing 2 Fire damage at start of turn. Save ends) 1d20, roll higher than 10 at end of turn to end.
    AC 18; Fort; 14 Reflex; 13 Will; 14

Victor: (F2)

HP 21/27
    AC; 15 Fort; 14 Reflex; 12 Will; 17

Nex: (L1)
    HP 21/21
    AC; 18 Fort; 11 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

Kobold Skirmisher: (N4) Bloodied.
    HP 13/27; AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 14, Will 13 (Ongoing 5 fire damage, save ends)

Malorian: (G5)
    HP 26/26
    AC; 20 Fort; 13 Reflex; 16 Will; 14

Kobold Dragonshield A: (C7)

HP 36/36; AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 13
    Dragonshields also resist the first 5 fire damage they receive.

Kobold Dragonshield B: (N6)

Thud: (N3)
    HP 27/28
    AC; 16 Fort; 13 Reflex; 10 Will; 15

Mindartis: (G3)

HP 21/21
    AC; 15 Fort; 10 Reflex; 15 Will; 13

Kobold Slinger (F15)
    HP 24/24; AC 13; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12

Map:
    KoboldAmbushRound2A.jpg

Features:
    Illumination: Bright light.

Road and Grass: The road is made of dirt, crushed rock, and occasional loose bits of ancient cobblestone from the original roadbed. Squares that contain road or grass do not hamper movement or affect visibility.

Boulders: Scattered boulders sit along the side of the road. They provide concealment and possible cover for creatures hiding behind them. They also serve as obstacles to movement; a creature can’t move directly into a square that contains boulders. The boulders are 5 feet high. Climbing onto the boulders requires a DC 15 Athletics check and costs 4 squares of movement. A character atop the boulders can move onto other boulder squares; treat them as difficult terrain.

Foliage:
    Thick foliage grows near the road in several places. These areas are lightly obscured and provide normal cover for those attacking from or into the area.

Up Next: Akarr
    On Deck: Victor

Edit: Enemy co-ordinates corrected.

Kelor on
  • Options
    BonusBonus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The positions for the kobolds don't match up on the map and on the initative list. Is that OK or is that an error? For instance, is Dragonshield A on B8 or C7? Also, is Dragonshield B on K12 or N6?

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bonus wrote: »
    The positions for the kobolds don't match up on the map and on the initative list. Is that OK or is that an error? For instance, is Dragonshield A on B8 or C7? Also, is Dragonshield B on K12 or N6?

My bad, I forgot to adjust them. Always go by the map if you're unsure of co-ordinates.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Alrighty then! No problem.
    His heart pumping fast, Victor runs ahead to get a better view of the kobold that's next to Malorian. He yells "Malorian, watch out!" and extends his left arm toward the kobold, sending off a vile-looking mass of acid flying towards him. As Malorian ducks, the ball of acid hits the kobold directly in the face as it shrieks loudly. The kobold looks very angry and Victor looks very satisfied, almost smug.
    Move action: Move to F5
    Standard action: Acid Orb on Kobold Dragonshield A

Attack roll: 1d20+5 vs. Reflex Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d8+8 = 16
    Next Up: Akarr
    On Deck: Nex

Bonus on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Out of nowhere a pot of fire pot smashes onto Akarr's armor, the burning oils penetrating through the chain and searing his scaly flesh. He let loose a terrible bellow somewhere between agony and rage. He felt the old blood stirring up in his veins as he regained focus and maneuvered to the cover of the large rocks near the dwarf. Catching sight of yet another runtling kobold as he rounded the edge of the rock to meet the side of the dwarf, Akarr barked out to it, "A LITTLE FIRE WON'T STOP ME FROM CLAIMING YOUR HEADS", with a sadistic cackle, his eye alight with fury.

Akarr bore down on the creature making a vicious swing,
    Status: 10/27HP--Bloodied, Dragon Born fury active (+1 attack rolls)

]Move Action: Move to M3

Standard Action: Rousing Assault on Kobold Skirmisher

Attack Roll:1d20+6+1=11, MISS

Saving Throw VS Fire Pot ongoing:1d20=16

but despite his determination it seems the kobolds' deft movements still prove too difficult to overcome.

Up Next: Nex
    On Deck: Kobold Skirmisher

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cover penalties only apply to ranged attacks, not to melee. If you mean you want to attack the Dragonshield from M3 it will have cover and you'll draw an attack of opportunity for using a ranged attack in melee range of the Skirmisher.

To work out if an enemy has cover from you, you pick a corner of the square your character is in and draw lines to each of the corners of the box the enemy is standing in. If one or more of those lines is blocked by an obstacle then it has cover.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for clearing that up. Still a whiff though :(

Scosglen on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Frustrated with himself for missing the attacker, Nex still inwardly smiles to himself as he sees his Dwarven companion neatly brain the monster with a flaming hammer. Moving in to assist, Nex swings up directly behind the Dwarf, throwing a second wisp of lethal shadows around the creatures neck to take advantage of his sudden distraction. This time the shadowy noose files true, and when it wraps around the Kobold's throat Nex pulls it violently and it flies to the ground, it's neck askew as it chokes out a dying breath.

Nex then shifts his attention to the Dragonshield flanking behind the rock. He summons down the shadows to enshroud this fighter, highlighting the weaknesses of his body and preparing to strike...

Actions:
    Attack Skirmisher, Executioner's Noose: 21 v Fort Hit, 15 Damage, Dead Dead Dead
    (My first roll on Orokos; thanks IC for doing website maintenance at 2am!)
    Move to N2
    Drop a Shroud on the N6 Dragonshield in preparation for Violence

Up Next: Malorian
    On Deck: Rapidly Dwindling Bad Guys

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    JourneymanJasterJourneymanJaster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Weaving back and forth while exchanging blows, the kobold and Eladrin make no ground on each other. He caught a glance of a flaming projectile firing from the rocks and bushes ahead. Before he could follow its path Malorian heard a call from behind him. Blade flashed forward as the skilled swordmage withdrew. Though the strike fell short it accomplished its goal by letting the acid projectile pass where he had just been and smash into the kobold. Seizing the moment of distraction Malorian disengages from the dragonshield and makes his way towards a more dangerous foe, the kobold lobbing fire into their ranks.

"I'll be back for you." he mutters to the dragonshield as he breaks around the brush ahead. As he notices the kobold slinger, he slips quickly to the side behind cover to catch his breath before the next assault.
    Rolls: 1d20+8 =13 ; 1d8 = 2

Standard Action: Luring Strike (1d20+8 = 13 vs AC = 18)
    Miss, Shift to E7 (Luring Strike allows me to shift before or after the attack)
    Move Action: Move to D12
    Minor Action: None
    Up Next: Kobold Dragonshields
    On Deck: Thud

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I know The Dragonshield at N6 will act before Thud, and I can only assume it will move forwards and attack Thud. But thats okay, I don't think it will change my actions unless something goes horribly wrong. But I want to post this tonight. (If this is some sort of pbp faux pas, let me know)

Satisfied that Nex has finished off the Skirmisher, Thud splits his attention between the Dragonshield moving towards him and his flaming companion to his right. Akarr looked hurt, bloodied even, and that is never good. In fact, thats why Moradin ordained battle priests - just for this situation. Thud roots his feet into the ground and drops into a slight crouch, ready to take whatever stinging hit the kobold has in mind for him.

Here's where the kobold takes its turn; assuming its still in square N4, and Thud is still able to retaliate...

The self-carved runes on Thud's craghammer glow with divine power, leaving a faint trail behind it as Thud brings it up in a viscious uppercut, smashing into the Dragonshields left flank, the sound of ribs cracking bringing a smile to Thud face. The divine glory resonated from the hit, bathing Akarr in Moradin's light and easing his burns.

Still smiling grimly, Thud shifts back and to his left. The less crispy Dragonborn in front of him, and the Changling to his right. Clearing the way for Akarr and Nex to finish off the Kobold Dragonshield.
    Minor: None
    Standard: Healing Strike Encounter Power on Kobold Dragonshield in N4(?) Attack: 1d20+5=23: HIT! Damage: 2d10+5=16 Akarr can also spend a healing surge +3HP (from Healers Lore)
    Move: Shift 1 square to M2 to avoid any opportunity attacks

Up Next: Mindartis
    On Deck: Slinger

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That's ok, I've been at work and haven't been able to update the map. And IC has been screwy and I can't access Orokos from here. But yes, he'll be attacking Thud.

After this combat what I am considering doing is running fights within blocks of initiative to speed things up. So all of you will take your turns, then all of the enemies take theirs.

It's up to you which you would prefer to use though.

Freed of his foe as the Eladrin chases after the slinger, the Dragonshield turns his scaly eyes upon the closest spellcaster. Moving forwards towards the human it swings it's short sword in a lethal arc, however arcane bonds draw the blade towards Malorian and while it slices open Victor's shoulder, the damage is not as brutal as it could have been.

To the right the other Dragonshield uses the rocky cover to it's advantage and starts towards the stout dwarf. Lunging forward it makes a wicked slash at him. The dwarf is quick to react and avoids the blow however.

Moves:
    Kobold Dragonshield A :
    Moves to E5.
    Attacks Victor with it's short sword.

Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs AC = 20. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d6+3 = 9 Damage is reduced by 5 due to Jaster's Warding mark.
    Victor is now marked by the Dragonshield and takes a -2 to attack rolls against other targets.

Kobold Dragonshield B :
    Moves to N4.
    Attacks Mindartis with it's short sword.

Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs AC = 14. Miss

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'll go ahead and do my turn then as well, assaulting same Kobold as Thud. I'll be leaving for work in a little bit so it's probably best if I get my turn in before that.

Mindartis moves a bit further to the right, slightly crouched. He winces a bit upon seeing the Kobold with its brains on the outside lieing on the ground, but right behind that corps is another of those bastards. No time for sympathy, it is life and death on the line here, and he's much too pretty to get his brain punched out.

Again, his fists are raised, and he stands up straight to lob the missile over the dwarf's head.

Move: Move to N2.
    Standard: MM at Dragonshield near Thud.
    Minor: None.

Attack roll: 9! Miss.

The wizard lets out a short string of curses that would probably earn him a scolding from a pieous mother, as the magic missile flies awry, thudding into the ground behind the Kobold dragonshield.

Next up: all the little fellas
    On deck: Akarr

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Dragonshield's attacking Thud, eh?... Big mistake... :twisted: I'll post my action now; shouldn't interfere.

The Changeling watches the Kobold attack his new friend and takes action to make sure he never attacks again. Rechanneling his focus, Nex further empowers the shroud over the Dragonshield and then collapses it with a violent wave of psychic energy that shatters the monster's mind. Pain and fear flash through the warrior's eyes, and then they lose focus, his legs give out, and he collapses to the ground stone dead.

That battle won, Nex runs across the road to aid his friends against the surviving enemies.

Up Next: Dragonshields
    On Deck: Akarr

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You won't be able to move that far Res, the Dragonshield is moving adjacent to you and Bonus, unless you take an Attack of Opportunity.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    You won't be able to move that far Res, the Dragonshield is moving adjacent to you and Bonus, unless you take an Attack of Opportunity.

Meep?

But if the dragonshield moves adjacent to me, I'll shift back and away from it instead and MM from there. My move action was assuming that the dragonshield keeps itself behind-ish that boulder, so I wanted to go a bit further to the right avoid any concealment.

Umm, you did get that Mindartis moved to L3 end of his last turn?

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Edit: I'm just about to put the updated text block up now.

Edit 2: You're right, I did miss that somehow. He'll make the attack against Victor then.

You're currently in N2 then.

Edit 3: Gaaaah my beautiful initiative order.

I will end you all! The slinger can stay where he is I'm not doing the map a third time.

END YOU ALL WITH BURNING ACID AND FLAMES AND DRAGONS AND SHIT!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Seeing the swordmage advancing towards him the slinger pulls another pot from out of his belt and hurls it at the eladrin, but it lands wide and shatters amongst the rocks leaving a sticky, glue-like residue.

I'm assuming Scos wants the healing surge, so topping him up by 11.

Moves:
    Kobold Slinger (F15)
    Standard Action: Attack Malorian with Gluepot.
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6 vs AC = 14. Miss.

Initiative:
    Akarr: (M3)
    HP 21/27

Victor: (F5)
    HP 18/27

Malorian: (D12)
    HP 26/26

Kobold Dragonshield A: (E5)

Thud: (M2)
    HP 27/28

Mindartis: (N2)
    HP 21/21

Kobold Slinger (F15)
    HP 24/24; AC 13; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12

Nex: (H4)
    HP 21/21

Map:
    KoboldAmbushRound2C.jpg

Features:

Road and Grass: The road is made of dirt, crushed rock, and occasional loose bits of ancient cobblestone from the original roadbed. Squares that contain road or grass do not hamper movement or affect visibility.

Boulders: Scattered boulders sit along the side of the road. They provide concealment and possible cover for creatures hiding behind them. They also serve as obstacles to movement; a creature can’t move directly into a square that contains boulders. The boulders are 5 feet high. Climbing onto the boulders requires a DC 15 Athletics check and costs 4 squares of movement. A character atop the boulders can move onto other boulder squares; treat them as difficult terrain.

Foliage:
    Thick foliage grows near the road in several places. These areas are lightly obscured and provide normal cover for those attacking from or into the area.

Up Next: Akarr, Victor, Malorian
    On Deck: Kobold Dragonshield B

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Malorian sprints from his cover just after the pot smashes into the rocks. He springs lightly into the air as he closes the distance between him and his foe rotating mid-air in the last few feet.

"Hrrrah!" he shouts as the longsword glints in the afternoon light and the swordmage reverses his grip to plunge the weapon behind him. The blade impales the poor kobold, critically wounding him. For a long moment Malorian stands slightly crouched with his back to the kobold, blade hidden with-in its scaled body. A wet sucking sound accompanies the blade as he quickly withdraws in a single turning motion. The Eladrin runs his free hand just over the blade causing a sheen of arcane runes to appear in its wake, reptilian blood burning away.

"Yield..." Malorian growls as he extends his arm and levels the now clean blade at the throat of the kobold.
    A good round for me! I threw the intimidate in to force the kobold to yield, however this IS a standard action and I don't intend on dropping an action point for it. SO your discretion on whether you accept the intimidate or not. Either way, I got to be badass =D

Rolls: Attack:1d20+8 = 28 Intimidate:1d20+5 = 16 vs Will = 12 (Success)

Standard Action: Foesnare (1d20+8 = 28 vs AC = 13) CRITICAL HIT! [Kobold Slinger is Immobilized until the end of my next turn, most likely from excruciating pain.]

Damage = 13

Move Action: Move to E14
    Minor Action: Sweet Pose (none)

Up Next: Akarr and Victor
    On Deck: Kobold Dragonshield B

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Victor screams with anger and frustration as the Kobold's short sword makes a gash in his shoulder. Just who do these Kobolds think they are? Do they think they can just bring me down with their crude weapons? Dying here is not my destiny, far greater things await me! Invigorated by the arcane rage flowing through his veins (and his own sense of entitlement), Victor decides to do everything in his power to kill the remaining Kobolds. He feels more focused than ever.

The sorcerer's hands light up with an electric charge and in one fluid motion, he steps away from the Dragonshield and extends both his arms towards him. A bolt of electricity jumps from his hands and hits the Kobold, whose knees seem to buckle a bit from the pain before he manages to catch his balance.

Victor darts farther away from the Kobold, determined to keep a safe distance from himself and the Kobold's sword.
    Scales of the Dragon: I get a +2 bonus to AC now, which lasts until the end of the encounter. My AC is now effectively 17.
    Standard Action: Storm Walk: Shift to G5 and attack the Dragonshield.
    Attack Roll: 1d20+5 = 20 vs. Fortitude Hit!
    Damage Roll: 1d8+8 = 13

Move Action: Move to J2

Up Next: Akarr
    On Deck: Kobold Dragonshield

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    After this combat what I am considering doing is running fights within blocks of initiative to speed things up. So all of you will take your turns, then all of the enemies take theirs.

It's up to you which you would prefer to use though.

Thats cool with me, seeing as how thats my RL players and I do it, The players roll initiative and the DM rolls initative and all his monsters go on that turn (aside from Boss fights and other dramatic exceptions). That way I think it might be easier for you, posting updated stats and updated maps only once per round as opposed to 2 or 3 times. I know that would get annoying for me! :)

Also, while we're OOCing here... there was a question earlier that I think I missed the answer to: What was in the pouch that Douven's wife gave us?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BAH you edited in the dragonshield's attack! I didn't even notice it. I thought you swapped the initiative around to start the block thing now. I guess it's too late to wallop the thing in the back of the head for not following me =/. In the future, if you are going to edit an OOC post to IC and I happened to have business with that character (being that it was marked), would you PM or something?

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I'll second (fourth?) doing initiative blocks; this is getting a might bit confusing to track. Also, what's everyone's thoughts on Kelor rolling our initiatives for us? I'd save us a day's worth of rolling and let us get to the head-smashing all the quicker.

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Aye for initiative blocks AND for DM to roll our initiatives.

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Thats cool with me, seeing as how thats my RL players and I do it, The players roll initiative and the DM rolls initative and all his monsters go on that turn (aside from Boss fights and other dramatic exceptions). That way I think it might be easier for you, posting updated stats and updated maps only once per round as opposed to 2 or 3 times. I know that would get annoying for me! :)

Yeah, depending on the fight we may do it this way again to make it more intense for the boss fights but for the rank and file we'll do it in blocks then.

Steelhawk wrote: »
    Also, while we're OOCing here... there was a question earlier that I think I missed the answer to: What was in the pouch that Douven's wife gave us?

There was 10 gold coins in each pouch to cover travel expenses basically. Food, lodgings and the like.

Will do Jaster.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Invigorated by the dwarven heretic's healing ritual, Akarr whirls around to find a new target. Catching sight of his comrades closing in on a kobold across the trail, Akarr charges headlong towards the creature and readies his longsword, preparing it to strike and finally get a taste of kobold blood.
    Move Action: Charge to F4
    Standard Action: Melee Basic Attack on Kobold Dragonshield

Attack Roll: 1d20+6+1=10, MISS

Once again hitting nothing but empty air, Akarr began to despair at his inability to strike these pesky creatures.

Up Next: Kobold Dragonshield
    On Deck: Thudd and Mindartis

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Startled by the dragonborn's furious attack and still smoking from the sorceror's assault the kobold screams in rage and strikes back at Akarr but the attack rebounds, blocked by the warlord's shield.

I'm at work so I can't change the map, but the Dragonshield and Slinger are in the same position as earlier.

Moves:
    Kobold Dragonshield
    Standard Action: Attack Akarr with Short Sword.
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6 vs AC = 11. Miss.

Initiative:
    Thud: (M2)
    HP 27/28

HP 21/21

Kobold Slinger (F15)
    HP 11/24; AC 13; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12

HP 21/21

COLOR="Lime"]Akarr: (M3)[/COLOR]
    HP 21/27

Victor: (F5)
    HP 18/27

Malorian: (D12)
    HP 26/26

Kobold Dragonshield A: (E5)
    HP 23/36; AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 13

Map:
    KoboldAmbushRound2C.jpg

Features:

Foliage:

Up Next: Thud, Mindartis
    On Deck: Kobold Slinger

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mindartis looks across the road at the remaining Dragonshield and he pulls out his wand, not at all reflecting over its phallic nature as he points at the Kobold with it, his left hand not holding the wand but formed into a fist again. Aiming between his two compatriots he lets the magic loose once more, hitting the kobold square in the chest with a sickening sound effect. That hurt. That hurt a lot.

The elf doesn't let out any whoop of joy over his success, but his lips merely twitch into the parody of a smile.

Move action: none.
    Minor action: pull wand.
    Standard action: MM at Dragonshield A (roll says B but that's a mistake, really).

MM at Dragonshield A, with wand of accuracy (1d20+6=26) That's a critical hit. Kobold gets 13 points of force damage.

Next up: Thud.
    On Deck: Kobold Slinger

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thud took a hard look at Victor, ready to lay the blessings of Moradin on the sorcerer, but the human looked hearty enough. Cranky, but fit to keep on fighting. "Easy, Lad. Yer fine for the moment. I'll find ye after we finish these bastards off."

(I even rolled the dice for the extra 1d6 HP for a healing word, but then changed my mind)

Thud looks at Mindartis, "Nice shot. Maybe ye should go an' see if yer cousin needs any help with that other cowardly rat. The one with the bad aim throwin' glue at us. I'll catch up." as he moves to the middle of the road, past the fight with the Dragonshield, making sure his line of sight is clear of any Dragonborn. Thud raises his (now glowing) Holy Symbol and growls out more pleas to Moradin. The first is a prayer for his divine favour, the second has to do with the smiting of his foes. This time its answered by a Lance of Faith, that strikes the Dragonshield and sears him with golden radiance. It also has the benefit of giving Akarr a nice glowing target to lay into. "Finish him off, boys! I'm off to see to the other one."
    Minor: None
    Move: Move 5 squares to H7
    Free: Divine Fortune = +1 to Attack

Standard: Lance of Faith @ Dragonshield = 1d20+4+1=19 HIT! for 7 Points of Damage. Also, I grant Akarr a +2 attack bonus on his next attack against the Dragonshield.

Next Up: Kobold Slinger
    On Deck: Hopefully his killer...

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Squealing in pain from the deep cut inflicted the slinger tries to escape but finds itself held in place by magical bonds. Panicking from his wound and the slaughter of his in the kobold shrieks out a call for aid from the Dragonshield farther down the road as it finds itself without a suitable weapon to strike with or the possibility to run.

Moves:
    Kobold Slinger
    Free action: Calls for help from the Dragonshield.

Initiative:
    HP 21/21

COLOR="Lime"]Akarr: (F4)[/COLOR]
    HP 21/27

Victor: (J2)
    HP 18/27
    AC; 15 (17 till end of encounter) Fort; 14 Reflex; 12 Will; 17

Malorian: (E14)
    HP 26/26

Kobold Dragonshield A: (E5) Bloodied
    HP 3/36; AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 13

Thud: (H7)
    HP 27/28

HP 21/21

Kobold Slinger (M19) Bloodied
    HP 11/24; AC 13; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12

Map:
    KoboldAmbushRound2D-1.jpg

Features:

Foliage:

Up Next: Nex, Akarr, Victor, Malorian

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Victor gets a huge grin on his face and supresses an outburst of laughter as he realizes that they have probably won the battle. He's intent on dealing the killing blow to that annoying Kobold. With a quick (almost non-chalant) motion from his hand, a vulgar looking acid projectile flies towards the Kobold. However, Victor's aim is off and the blob of acid flies over the Kobold's head. A little too careless there, chap. Still, with what he's seen just now, Victor has full faith that his compainons will make short work of that reptillian looking thing.
    Standard Action: Acid Orb vs. Reflex @ Kobold Dragonshield
    Attack Roll: 1d20+5=10 Miss!
    Up Next: Nex, Akarr, Malorian

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Akarr's blade finally struck true as he brought it down on the pummeled Kobold, spilling its lifeblood everywhere as it chittered and rattled its last.
    Standard Action: Rousing Assault against Kobold Dragonshield(Bonus +2 attack from Thudd)
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6+2=21 vs AC, HIT!
    Damage Roll: 1d8+3=6 (Kill)

Move Action: Move to G9

Up Next: Nex, Malorian
    On Deck: Thudd, Mindartis

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Moving quickly and cautiously to get a flank in on the final Dragonshield, Nex hurries behind the warrior, marks it with shadows, and slashes with his sword at the exposed weaknesses. His swing is rushed, however, and glances harmlessly off the fighter's mail. Taking a defensive stance and doing his best to distract the monster, Nex shouts over the Kobold, "Akarr, finish him!"
    Move to D4, taking the long way to avoid OAs
    Mark Dragonshield with Shroud

Attack: 16vAC Miss

Up Next: Akarr, Malorian

EDIT: And he does!

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gonna hold my action 'til tomorrow morning (my time), give Malorian a chance to finish or otherwise subdue the Slinger.

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If you'll allow it I'll just use the intimidate I 'attempted' this round.

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Och! Stop playin with yer runt and stab 'im in the eye!" Thud yells from down the road, as he gives his companions the once over...checking for any grevious injury. Satisifed that everyone will make it to Winterhaven in one piece, Thud makes his way towards Malorian and the Kobold, hoping to hurry things up a bit.

These Kobolds are making Thud thirsty.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Seeing his last ally fall the kobold slinger falls to it's knees, defeated and drops it's weapon. "Cursss you elfff!"

It has certainly given up the fight, though it glances around looking for some way it might be able to effect an escape.

Sorry for the wait between updates guys. Long day at work.

Feel free to use some healing surges if you want to top yourselves up. Picking among the corpses of the kobolds that were in ambush you'll also find 72 silver pieces between them all.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No worries DM. Work is more important than D&D (or so I've been told).

Mindartis visibly relaxes as he sees that all the kobolds are either dead, bleeding profusely to indicate that they're soon to be dead, or has given up. He smiles briefly and opens his mouth to say something, but it so happens that he catches a glimpse of bits of kobold lieing a bit here and there, and he swiftly turns his back on the others, puts his hands on his knees, and regurgitates violently.

"Oh my..." he mumbles, spitting out bits of breakfast, and repeats the process.

The elf stands up straight and fumbles around with a canteen of water, trying to act nonchalant despite evidence pointing the other way.

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh I should point out that he knows you're an Eladrin Jaster, but he's not too happy at the moment and calling you an elf is about all he has left to work with right now.

Kelor on