As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - Recruitment finished, thanks to those who applied

• Options
    residueresidue Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm. I use "elf" instead of Eladrin at times, as I'm sure you guys have noted. Am I breaking a sacred rule here?

residue on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    residue wrote: »
    Hmm. I use "elf" instead of Eladrin at times, as I'm sure you guys have noted. Am I breaking a sacred rule here?

Not really. Eladrin are even more poncier than regular elves is all.

They're basically High Elves.

Kelor on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yoink! 12 silver pieces end up in Thud's pocket. Dwarve's gotta get his share, ya know.

Yeah, no worries on the delay here either. If it feels like Thud was rushing, its because he has no desire to parlay with runt Kobold bandits. He wants to get on to Winterhaven and celebrate his first real battle with a nice cold draught of ale.

EDIT: I don't understand why they included the Eladrin at all.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    JourneymanJasterJourneymanJaster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Cursss you elff!" the kobold hissed.

"Indeed..." Malorian speaks to himself as he goes about disarming the surrendered foe. He pulls a length of rope from his pack and binds the creature's hands. Satisfied with the knot the Eladrin begins the short walk back to the bulk of the group with the kobold in tow. Malorian yanks the runt forward and trips him to the ground before his fellow adventurers.

"Now whelp, why were you ambushing travelers? And where is your camp?" he inquired with sword pointed to throat.

Why not have Eladrin? Honestly I feel them to be more magical and alien to the regular world as they exist mostly to the Feywilds. Like Elves are Eladrin that evolved from being stuck out of the Feywilds too long. So Elf might be an insult to some but not all.

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [QUOTE=JourneymanJaster;12198240
    Why not have Eladrin? Honestly I feel them to be more magical and alien to the regular world as they exist mostly to the Feywilds. Like Elves are Eladrin that evolved from being stuck out of the Feywilds too long. So Elf might be an insult to some but not all.
    [/QUOTE]

Oh, don't misunderstand me. There's nothing wrong with the Eladrin. And you're right, they do have a neat hook to them. I just don't think its enough of a hook to have them be separate from traditional D&D elves, thats all.

Don't mind me, I'm still getting used to 4e. While I like the combat rules of 4e, some of the things they did with the world kinda bug me. Personal preference, thats all. I don't even know what a Feywild is. I mean, I figure that it is Fey. And probably Wild too. But thats enough for me. :)

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My understanding is that the Feywilds are kind of like a plane of positive magics that crosses with the 'regular' world. Its crossings always in some section of deep forest or area wrought with magic. Supposedly it's like the Positive Energy Plane or has some background references to it.

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thats just Fey. And what was wrong with the High Elves being from deep within ancient forests, heirs to ancient magics, and just being the Elfiest of elfs? Why did they gave to give me something even more silly than that? They'd probably try and sell me a book that explains and whole new subset of races to explain.

Anyway....I'm sure people on these boards discussed the heck out of this a long time ago. Has someone killed that Kobold yet? :)

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Feywild's not so much a plane of 'Positive Energy' as it is a plane of just 'Energy'. Wild, untamed, uncontrolled energy, the stuff of dreams and nightmares. You're as likely to find a floating Eladrin city made of glass there as you are to get your face ripped off by an evil blood-drinking shrub. Pretty neat place to adventure, actually, though I always empathize more with Goblins and Orcs than Elves, truth be told.

Nex grins humorlessly as he strides up toward the last living Kobold. His sword is tucked casually under one arm as he takes a pair of white riding gloves from a pocket, sliding them on and pulling them taught over his fingers. He loops behind the Slinger and pulls out rope, tightly binding its hands and legs together, while whispering in its ear, "The shorter you struggle, the longer you live, and the more truth you speak, the less pain you feel."

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nex is leaving Malorian's rope as a lead or you forgot them or he removes them? The kobold's hands are already bound so just wondering if you are hog tying him and leaving the first bind as a way of...dragging it I guess. Or if you just overlooked it.

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Honestly I overlooked it, though I shall choose to say that I'm jury-rigging some kind of dragging-noose thing that leaves him nice and helpless should we choose to take him with us or... 'Leave' him.

susan on
  • Options
    BonusBonus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Victor sits on the ground, holding his head with both hands and then decides to just lay back on the grass and regain his bearings. Still, he has a smile on his face, because he saw battle for the first time and it was good. To be able to put his gift to good use! Finally!
    After a while, he sits up, ready to continue the journey with the group. They seem like an interesting bunch, and the tricks they can pull off are quite impressive.
    He notices the tied up kobold but doesn't think too much of it.
    "Well, that was fun! Is everyone okay?"
    I spend 2 healing surges, bringing my health up to 27/27 and the number of my surges down to 4.

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mindartis is slowly regaining his composure, and has already begun to convince himself that what just happened never happened. He's cool, in control, sharp as a knife. Yessirree.

"Great. You going to keep him as a pet I assume?" he says to noone in particular whilst gesturing towards the tied-up Kobold. "You'll have to walk him yourself." he finishes, a bit of lame joke always good to lift the spirits. He sighs and shakes his head, taking in the carnage once more, but avoiding any mishaps this time. "Good work people. Real impressive."

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Ha, you were jusst lucky thisss time. The last few groupss through were not."

The kobold glances at Nex, but does not seem fazed at his claim.

"Your threatsss mean nothing to me, if I tellls you more of my kin will be butchered! Perhaps you should assssk shorty over there if he's not too ssssodden with drink he might be able to hear thems, his earsss are low enough to the ground."

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    By the way, great work y'all, and especially the DM, I'm really having fun here, woot! As a bonus, here's a (bad) artist's rendition of Malorian and the surviving kobold.
    malorian.png

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Ah, so there are more of you near here, thank you." Nex stands and starts to concentrate on the Kobold, layering shadow shroud after shadow shroud over the monster and making sure he feels every one drape over him...

Place 4 Shrouds over him over the course of 24 seconds
    Intimidate Assist for whomever wants it: 6... *cough*

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Malorian kneels down next to the kobold giving him a concerned look. "As you might be aware, we aren't mere travelers. And you know we weren't just lucky." He spoke in an informative tone.

"You know we were aware of you before you attacked. You've nearly directly told us your kin are not far from here. If we were to search for a camp to slaughter we would easily find one to oblige us." He paused "No, we don't seek a slaughter." he shook his head and muttered "Even though you have brought us one."

"Regardless, you or your band might have information that would be useful to us. We are looking for a man who has come to Winterhaven in the last few weeks. As he is missing, perhaps you have killed him and his belongings are with your camp. So, you can lead us to this camp, let us see your 'loot', and perhaps we can part ways without further bloodshed." Malorian bargained as he stood back up.

"Or I can let my friend here do what he wishes with you..." He said as he nodded towards Nex.

Diplomacy: 1d20+0 = 20...lol

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bonus wrote: »
    By the way, great work y'all, and especially the DM, I'm really having fun here, woot! As a bonus, here's a (bad) artist's rendition of Malorian and the surviving kobold.

Agreed! Go team!.

"Ha! Little runts got spunk, I'll give him that." Thud laughs, coming up on the group. Eyeing his companions, "But he gets on me nerves. Finish him and be done with it."

Thud plonks himself down on a nearby rock, and proceeds to clean Kobold spatter from him weapons and armor, staying out of his friends way. Thud cares nothing for the Kobold, and is sure that Moradin would forgive his part in the slaughter and wherever this line of questioning leads. But...a clean death in a fight would have been a better way to end its life.

But if they leave it alive, trussed up somewhere in these woods, chances are it would escape and indeed return to its warrens. And where there are a few Kobolds, there are many. Espcially if they were brazen enough to hijack travelleres on the road.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Pretty wordsss elf. But if you want answerss itss the Keep you sshould look for. Perhapss if you wish to meet my kin so badly you should ssstay here till they come looking for me."

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Well more information that I'd hoped for..." Malorian said mostly to himself as he straightened himself. He pulls the kobold up on his feet and unties his rope leaving the kobold bound by his feet and hands from Nex's rope. Effectively the kobold could probably hop.

As the swordmage neatly coils his rope he looks over to the dwarf, "Well I'm done with him. What does Moradin say should be done with this evil-doer?"

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Moradin says we should have killed him when we had the chance!" Thud barks. "But murdering the poor sod is in poor taste. Lets gather up all the spare weapons and equipment, they might fetch a few coins in town. Leave the runt to hop away to his kin. Maybe he'll get eaten by a bear."

Thud fixes the Kobold with a baleful stare. "Don't make me regret this runt. Tell your clan to stay away from Winterhaven, or I'll find me a way to cook Kobold stew and feed yer sorry carcass to the sheep!"

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Catching up with the others, Akarr smugly stares down the bound kobold.

Kneeling down to his level, Akarr nonchalantly brushes some char and ash from off his shoulder.

Bringing his gaze back up to the kobold's beady reptilian eyes, Akarr took a pregnant pause before suddenly slapping the creature across the snout with his shield. Not hard enough to kill him but he would certainly be seeing stars.

"A less sporting adventurer might have paid you back in kind for setting him on fire. If I ever see you again you'll wish I had", growled Akarr, hoping the Kobold didn't realize that he couldn't tell one from another if his life depended on it.

Wiping his hands and cleaning his bloodied sword on a patch of grass, Akarr rose back to his feet and said with a clap of his hands "Right then! Onward, yes? Less hidden armies of kobolds this time hopefully." as he made motions to begin moving down the trail once again.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Standing a bit to the side of the interrogation, Mindartis watches patiently, his arms crossed over his chest. On the suggestion of leaving the kobold alive he raises an eyebrow questioningly, but relents from commenting out loud.

"Off we go then." he mutters, looking down the trail. A glance at Akarr is followed with a grin. "Aye, no more delays I hope. I'm getting hungry. Fighting makes me peckish." he says, a bit of chestthumping there.

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "I'll meet up with you in a sec, I've just got to take him off the road and untie him."

Bluff: 16

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Fah! Sssso even though you are closer to our masssters than we you have no resspect for them?" The kobold hisses back at Akarr.

As the last of you walks away you hear a howl of "You willsss regret thisss! Jerab will pay you back for your inssolence!"

As the adventurers continue off down the path they can see the kobold struggling to rise to its feet while bound hand and foot. Eventually it gives up and stretching forward begins to gnaws at the rope around its legs with it's teeth.

The party's journey is uneventful after the encounter with the kobolds and The rutted King’s Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nestled in the
    southern foothills of the Cairngorm Peaks. The walls are weathered stone topped by defensive palisades.

Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each fronting a small piece of farmland or pasture. Beyond the farms to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain peaks.
    Winterhaven.jpg

Famers and their carts are trundling in and out of the village's gate as the guards prepare to lock the gate for the night.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Do you want to off him? Let me know and I can edit the text to take it into a account if you want.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Finally!" Thud shouts, happy that they've finally arrived at Winterhaven. "Who's for a drink, lads? First rounds on me!" He shakes the small purse containing his share of the Kobold loot. "Rather, the runts are buying the first round!"

Thud walks upto the gates, "Hail, good guardsmen of Winterhaven. I be Thud Barrelhead, Moradin's Chosen, at yer service." He boisterously proclaims, "Me friends and I have walked the Kings Road for three days, and are looking for lodgings, food and good drink!"

As an aside, he mentions to one of the guardsmen, "Did ye know you have a Kobold problem? A half-dozen of them ambushed us on the road. Brazen little runts. They won't be bothering anyone again, but there's always more than one."

"Which way is the tavern?"
    Kelor wrote: »
    Do you want to off him? Let me know and I can edit the text to take it into a account if you want.

If I wasn't playing a good cleric of a lawful good diety, I would have offed the bastard in a heartbeat. Its usually not a good idea to leave enemies behind you, IMHO.

Maybe one of our less savoury members can do it. or the DM can rule that he actually was eaten by a bear. For sure, Thud will gather up all the kobolds weapons. Two reasons: 1) So the kobold can't crawl over to one and cut himself free, and defend himself from bears and 2) They may be worth something? (nudge, nudge)

BTW: Great pic of the town!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Aye, nice picture. I assume the numbers stand for locations of interest?

And are we "on hold" until it's been decided wheter the kobold lives or dies? I do think Nex means to off him but I don't really want to put words into another player's character's mouth :)

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »

If I wasn't playing a good cleric of a lawful good diety, I would have offed the bastard in a heartbeat. Itusually not a good idea to leave enemies behind you, IMHO.

I meant susan more. I saw the post right after I'd put the Winterhaven description up. It's going to take Jerab a while chew through that rope though, a traveler might kill him in the meantime.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    As the party gathers themselves and readies to leave, Malorian nods and makes one last comment to the kobold.

"Today people who you would have killed have taken your life and carefully handed it back to you. Perhaps this will give you some understanding of how the world could be." His whisper was low and most likely only overheard by the Changeling.

"I'll meet up with you in a sec, I've just got to take him off the road and untie him."

Malorian stands and eye's Nex for a moment then pats him on the shoulder and catches back up to the rear of the group. He sets his pace to even out with the rest of the party then abruptly teleports several feet in front of Akarr without bothering to look back at the group. As before he takes his voluntary lead.

Upon arriving at Winterhaven the Dwarf rushes forward in search of lodging and ale. Malorian stand idle beside him taking in the surrounding area, looking for oddities. Looking for a Keep.
    Insight vs Bluff: 1d20+5 = 13 vs 16 Miss

Passive Perception: 15
    Rolled Perception: 1d20+5= 12

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Victor looks around him. He sees no Keep, just a lot of houses with straw roofs. "How quaint!" he remarks.

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I was kinda planning to off him. Leaving an enemy behind us + even if he'd left us alone he'd attack other travelers + he lit some of us on fire + well, I'm an assassin = 44 Damage. No need to alter text, though; that can be the official story that everyone saw.

Nex walks behind the rest of the group, rolling and tying his rope back into a tight bundle for his pack, as they enter Winterhaven. His eyes scan the buildings and faces, then he grins as the Dwarf starts his quest for ale. "A nice tavern would be nice right about now. I've been dreaming of fresh eggs for days..."

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    A heavy grumble echoes forth from Mindartis' stomach. "Indeed. Some food. A *bed*. Some rest." he proclaims. "We can start looking for Staul tomorrow." he finishes, looking towards the rest of the gang for approval. "Small town like this, someone's sure to know who he is... if he passed through here."

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    One the guards at the gate steps forward as you approach in response to Thud. "Ah so you've run into our neighbors then. There is a band of kobolds that have been giving travelers and some of the surrounding farms trouble over the last year but we lack the man power to deal with them." From his demeanor you get the impression it is less to do with man power and more to do with him not wanted to leave his comfortable guard post. "If you're seeking a meal and bed than Wrafton's is the place to go. You'll find no finer inn than there."

Overhearing this the guard on the other side of the gate speaks out. "What do you have to compare it to Erl? You've never been more than a few leagues from here."

"Ha, you'll have to ignore Nat over there sirs, you see, he was born the next town over and thinks he's worldlier than the rest of us folk. You'll get a good meal and the rooms are clean at Wraftons and most of the other traders stay there if they don't have a home nearby. You'll find it just down the street."

None of you notice a keep in the town.

Jaster, you don't notice anything particularly out of place for a village of this size.

Places of interest in Winterhaven: (As per the map numbers)

1. Outer Gate and Walls.
    2. Wrafton's Inn.
    3. Market Square.
    4. Stables.
    5. Blacksmiths.
    6. Wizard's Tower.
    7. Bairwin's Grand Shoppe.
    8. Warrior Guild.
    9. Tenements.
    10. Temple.
    11. Inner Gate.
    12. Winterhaven Siege Supplies.
    13. Winterhaven Barracks.
    14. Manor House.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nodding to each of the guards as he passes the gate, Nex turns to the Dwarf and smiles, "Even if we look tomorrow, no reason we can't ask today. We're heading for an inn; for all we know he could be asleep right now in one of the rooms and we can spend the rest of our little trip playing cards."

Striding down the street and entering Wrafton's Inn to their right, Nex waves at the barkeep and plants himself in a stool near him, letting out a long sigh. "My good man, I need a drink. We all do, actually, and some eggs, sausage and bread if you have it." Reaching into his coin purse, he pulls out 4 gold coins and slides them across the counter, half turning to the group and saying, "First round's on me."

Stretching his neck a little bit, Nex just lets himself melt into the chair, letting the past three days wash out of his mind. Turning to the Barkeep with a smile, he speaks up again, "So what's the good word around these parts? Anything new and exciting to speak of, any sights to see? We're also looking for a friend, passed through here not too long ago name of Stouven Staul. Fancies himself a treasure hunter, probably stayed here a few nights."

Streetwise (if necessary): 14

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Licking his lips in anticipation, Thud eagerly reaches for his Ale. First a sniff or two. Then Thud swirls it around a bit, peering so intently into his mug that it looks like his right eye is about to pop out of its socket. What he can see of the ale itself beyond the sloshing head, is unknown. Finally, Thud upends the mug and slams the whole thing down his throat. It was....passable. But a good dwarf is nothing if not a good guest.

"Ahh. That hits the spot!" Thud remarks, leaning back in his chair and belching. "Keep them coming! Ye've got a thirsty dwarf and his friends in town tonight! Ha! Is there a minstrel? Play something fitting for us! We're mighty adventurers! HA!" Two or three more Ales in, with hopefully some fine music playing, you begin to realize that there ain't no party, like a T.Barrelhead party. Not suprising, from a clan of dwarves who's life's work it is to make fine ale.

At one point in the night, Thud will end up on top of a table, Craghammer out, pantoming axe and hammer blows, (calling out to Moradin to revive that poor sod in the corner who passed out so he can drink some more), making "pew-pew" noises mimciking Magic Missles, tip-toeing and skipping like his pointy-eared new friends (Ha! Dwaves don't tip-toe or skip...that'll probably be funny to see) across the table. In a complete re-enactement of the fight with the Kobolds

Thud will continue to drink, eat and generally carouse the night away. He'll keep abreast of his companions efforts to track down Staul and makes note of any interesting patrons that might be worth talking too. In the morning, before setting off to find more adventure, Thud wants to unload the pile of Kobold gear and maybe do some shopping.

After consuming a good 9 or 10 ales, and 2 or 3 plates of food. Thud thinks he's got the measure of this ale, and begins rhyming off the ingredients. "Wrafton! Me an' you need to have a sit down! Mebbe ye've heard of Barrelhead Brewery? World Famous Ales, crafted by the finest Dwarven brewers! Crafted by me own Clan in fact! HA! Now, I know fer a fact that ye brew some fine ale yerself! but -burp- but Moradin knows there's no harm in comparing Ales. In fact, its nigh considered Holy Water! Me an' you need to chat. Me kin are sure ta pass this way from time to time. I'll have them bring over a keg fer free! Let ye try it yerself instead o' listening to me ramble on..."

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mindartis cheerfully accepts the ale and the food from the barkeep, and the food is devoured quickly, followed by some greedy gulps of the ale. After he finishes the first he settles in and makes himself comfortable, nursing a second tankard. He doesn't avoid company, but neither does he seek it out, keeping himself skimming the fringe of any group of people, laughing at jokes, nodding solemnly to anecdotes, and cheering on any drunken escapades that may or may not be performed by, say, drunken dwarfs.

If and when he finds himself alone with any of the Winterhaven citizens he speaks softly and carefully, asking about kobolds, and wheter anyone knows about this man Staul. He does this managing to look rather uncomfortable about the whole situation, as if he'd rather be somewhere else.

Streetwise roll at Wrafton's. (1d20-1=13)

Mindartis has some shopping planned as well, if such is possible.

residue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Victor drinks the ale that Nex bought in large gulps. He feels really good, having found not only his calling but also a good tavern in which to drink and make merriment. "Thanks, Brian! You're not bad at all!" he exclaims as he brings the pitcher down on the counter.
    The sorcerer makes it a point to grandiosely tell the locals of their encounter with the Kobolds, exaggerating freely. He even does a little fire trick which seems to impress the patrons.

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    As Nex opens the door to Wrafton's Inn, a gust of warm air blows out the door warming the group.

The interior of Wrafton's is large, with tables dotted throughout the floor and two massive fireplaces burning at either end heating the room. Patrons are scattered across the room, some just drinking and talking, one table seems to be involved in some sort of card game and in about corner two men are singing, badly off key, while holding up a third between them who appears to have passed out mid song.

A woman is serving drinks at the bar and moves across to Nex as he takes a seat. One of men sitting at the bar raises his head at this. "Hey Syl, what about my next drink? You know I'm good for it!"

"You're good for nothing Lenth, that's why you only get what you can pay for right now. And don't you go pestering my waiters for another round, they know not to serve you anything either unless they see some coin first." Turning back to Nex she greets him with a smile. "Greetings traveler, I'm Sylvana Wrafton. Owner of this fine establishment. What can I "

Sylvana Wrafton is a human who appears to be in her mid-30s, of medium height with dark hair tied back behind her head. She banters back and forth with both the staff and patrons and seems very much at home in the setting.

Taking Nex's order for the party down she ducks through the doors into the kitchen, then returns to the bar and begins pouring drinks for the group. "The word? Well its harvest season at the moment, so merchants are as thick as fleas on a hound at the moment. You don't appear to be the normal sort we see at this time of year though."

Shortly after the meals arrive, venison, vegetables piled up with slabs of bread and a platter of butter to the side. Sylvana takes a seat at the table and chats with the party as you eat your meals. Or devour it in Thud's case.

"Of course, it isn't all good. Kobold attacks on caravans passing through the area have become more and more frequent of late, the bastards are becoming more and more bold. Lord Padraig has organised patrols to check the area but he can't spare the soldiers to run them frequently enough for the merchants. If you're looking for work you might try speaking with him, either to guard a caravan or deal with the kobolds after you dispatched that band this morning."

At this point a particulary loud thump comes from behind the group and conversation pauses as they turn around to see Thud skipping along the longest table in the bar, reenacting Mindartis' role in the skirmish earlier that day. A group of a dozen farmers stand around him watching, asking questions and cheering as he describes a particularly fierce blow.

"Now, the reason of your trip, Douven Staul. I thought the name sounded familiar and checked the register. He arrived here three weeks ago. Absolutely mad on dragons and seemed to think there was one buried here somewhere, he spent a lot of time talking to Eilian over there in the corner." At this Sylvana points over to an elderly man in the corner who has been nursing a tankard for the last half an hour.

"I sent him on to Valthrun, he knows a little about everything around here and he's the most learned man in the area. Since then he's made a couple of trips back here for supplies. I haven't seen him though in, oh, almost a week now. One of those two would be the best place to start. Now, if you'll excuse me I had best get back to my duties."

At this she stands up and returns to the bar.

susan, res: You overhear the patrons talking, most is either farmers about the harvest and traders and a few soldiers discussing the actions of the kobolds recently.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well, as I stated earlier, Thud is having a grand old time boasting, drinking and eating. But obviously someone should talk to this Eilian and Valthrun. Find out what they know about our missing mister Stahl. Point us in the right direction for adventure. I mean, he's not going to be fast asleep in his room. Where's the fun in that?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nex makes a mental note of the Kobold issues, thinking of the possibility for after the current mission is complete. There are certainly worse ways to make a living than hunting Kobolds... But that's for later, Staul is now, and almost a week is a lot of time for things to go wrong...

Nodding and listening intently to the Bar Matron, Nex smiles and says, "Thank you good Lady, that is exactly what we needed to know." Nex drops a couple more gold coins on the counter, saying, "I'm sure we'll be back before too long, but now I have a man to talk to about a friend." Nex stands, takes his half-empty drink and starts walking towards Eilian in the corner. He glances to his companions to see if they want to follow him as he proceeds.

We'll see what Eilian has to say now, and talk to this Valthrun to fill in any holes.

Might have missed it, but is Valthrun in the Wizard's Tower or the Manor House?

Making his way to the corner with his companions, Nex takes a seat near the old man, "Mr Eilian, my name's Brian, pleasure to meet you. I hear we have a mutual friend, Douven Staul. Douven's wife has sent us to look for him; he's not in trouble, she's just worried about him, poor thing, and we were hoping you could tell us where he went off to to help ease her fears."

susan on