As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - Recruitment finished, thanks to those who applied

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't suppose there's cover around here to hide behind and slowly sneak around the encampment?

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "Enough games Agrid! Deal with these interlopers and let me be done with this farce." Commands the shade from the slope, it's voice laced with disdain.

At this the gnome draws himself up to his full height (all of about four feet) and looks at the humans standing near the center of the excavation. "You heard the master! Take them or face his wrath!" The humans drop their shovels and pick up pieces of wood and begin to make their way towards the party.

Agrid pulls out a whistle and lets loose a long blast which you cannot hear. At this the two lizardlike animals go wild, making hisses sounds and also begin to lumber towards the party.

I'm just posting before work, so I won't have the map finished for a while yet. I'll load up what it looks like so you can get an idea of what you want to do. You're currently in the section where the two big strands of roots stick out in the bottom right corner.

Kelor on
  • Options
    BonusBonus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Throughout this exchange of words, Victor was silent, still careful not to mess things up so that he doesn't look bad in the eyes of his fellows, who he had grown to like over their journey. Especially the changeling and the dwarf. They seem nice.
    But this was new. A battle with, well, humans? Well, I guess it'll be self defense. Yes. I'll unleash some self defensive fire and lightning all over them, just let them lay a hand on me or my comrades.
    Victor tenses and bites his lip as he prepares for battle.

Bonus on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Akarr's scales bristle as he reaches for his crossbow and starts counting heads.

I haven't got much in the way of heavy guns. I'm actually a little regretful of my power selections but we'll have to make do. Brash assault and Diabolic stratagem let me make myself a target but gives nearby allies the ability to make attacks of opportunity when they come for me, so having us fighty types stick together for extra AoO's would be best to use that.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Encounter 2: The Dig Site

Map
    Enemy Stats
    HumanRabbleSmall.png
    Human Rabble:
    HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
    Movement: 6
    AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11
    Mob Rule: +2 to all defenses while at least two other Human Rabble are within 5 squares.

GuardDrakeSmall.png
    Guard Drake:
    HP 48; Bloodied 24
    AC 15; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
    Immune to fear when within two squares of another Guard Drake.
    Deals 1d10+9 instead of 1d10+3 when within two squares of another Guard Drake.

AgridSmall.png
    Agrid Gnome Skulk
    HP 34; Bloodied 17
    Movement: 5
    AC 16; Fortitude 15, Reflex 15, Will 13

ShadeSmall.png
    Spectral Apparition
    HP 40; Bloodied 20
    Movement: 6, Phasing (Can move through obstacles and other creatures)
    AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 17

Initiative Order:
    Features:
    Illumination: Bright light.

Steep Slope: A steep slope surrounds the site indicating a difference between the higher and lower ground. A character can climb the slope with a DC 15 Athletics check but moves at half speed.

Cover: Squares with a tree in the upper right corner provide cover.

Difficult Terrain: Squares with a triangle in the upper right corner are difficult traverse and take two movement to move through. You may not shift through difficult terrain unless you may shift a multiple of two.

Next Up: Bad Dudes
    On Deck: Akarr, Thud, Malorian, Mindartis, Nex, Victor

Kelor on
  • Options
    residueresidue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    For future reference; if Mindartis strength value allows, he'll carry Thud in front of him at all times. Thank you, please come again.

residue on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Digsite: Round 1

I shifted you guys back a little farther to give you some more time before the rabble gets to you. Watch out for the Drakes as they do additional damage when near each other.

If one of you hits Agrid, hold off your turn if you wish to attack him too as he has a reaction ability he will use upon being hit. Take your turns in any order you like. I was going to find another picture of a gnome but that garden gnome is actually pretty fucking creepy.

The dark shadow on the other side of the mine moves along the slope, in order to keep it's eye on the battle about to erupt. Pulling out his crossbow, the gnome unleashes a bolt at Nex, striking him cleanly across the battlefield.

"Quiet short stuff" mutters one of the diggers upon hearing Agrid's exhortation. With a fearful glance at the apparition on the slope the humans pick up their weapons and head up the slope towards you shouting and jeering. "First to drop one gets their coin!" one says to his companions as they approach.

Mad with pain at the sound of the whistle, the lizard-like creatures swarm at Malorian, snapping and slashing at him. One manages to break past the ward and bites down with it's razor sharp teeth. The other howls in frustration at it's inability to reach him.

Moves:
    Spectral Apparition (F15):
    Moves (Phasing) to I17

Agrid (M15):
    Move to P15.
    Minor Action: Ready crossbow.
    Attacks Nex with it's crossbow.

Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs AC = 21. Hit
    Damage Roll: 1d8+3 = 10.

Human Rabble A (M13):
    Move to Q11.
    Minor: Ready club.

Human Rabble B (P15):
    Move to S12.

Human Rabble C (R15):
    Move to T10.

Human Rabble D (R17):
    Move to W11.

Guard Drake A (T12):
    Move to Y7.
    Attacks Malorian with it's bite.

Attack Roll: 1d20+6 vs AC = 23. Hit.
    Damage Roll: 1d10+3 = 11.

Guard Drake B (T10):
    Move to Z8.

Attack Roll: 1d20+6 vs AC = 10. Miss.

Current Stats:
    Akarr: (Z6)
    HP 27/27
    AC 18; Fort; 14 Reflex; 13 Will; 14

Victor: (AA4)
    HP 27/27
    AC; 15 Fort; 14 Reflex; 12 Will; 17

Nex: (Z4)
    HP 11/21
    AC; 18 Fort; 11 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

Malorian: (Z7)
    HP 24/35
    AC; 20 Fort; 13 Reflex; 16 Will; 14

Thud: (AA6)
    HP 28/28
    AC; 16 Fort; 13 Reflex; 10 Will; 15

Mindartis: (AA5)
    HP 21/21
    AC; 15 Fort; 10 Reflex; 15 Will; 13

Spectral Apparition (I17)
    HP 40/40

Agrid (P15)
    HP 34/34

Guard Drake A: (Y7)
    HP 48/48

Guard Drake B: (Z8)
    HP 48/48

Human Rabble A: (Q11)
    Mob Rule: +2 to all defenses while at least two other Human Rabble are within 5 squares.

Human Rabble B: (S12)

Human Rabble C: (T10)

Human Rabble D: (W11)

Map:
    DigSiteRound1A.jpg

Features:

Steep Slope: A steep slope surrounds the site indicating a difference between the higher and lower ground. A character can climb the slope with a DC 15 Athletics check but moves at half speed.

Difficult Terrain: Squares with a triangle in the upper right corner are difficult traverse and take two movement to move through. You may not shift through difficult terrain unless you may shift a multiple of two.

Next Up: Akarr, Thud, Malorian, Mindartis, Nex, Victor
    On Deck: Bad Guys

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so that hurt. I'll stay off Mindartis' action for a while, see how you guys deal with the dragons, otherwise contemplating moving back and to the side, other side of those cliffs right next to us, and AoE the minions before they get to us. How does that sound?

I have a daily that can target three of them, an at-will that can target two (as those rabbles are positioned right now). I could AoE the dragon's two but... not without hurting Malorian (eh, two Eladrins is one two many...)

residue on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    See? I knew anything that looks like a Dragon was bad news. Luckily, we've got our own Dragon-looking thing too. PC's can move through friendly occupied squares, yes? If not, let me know and I'll change my actions. Now lets hope these things suck at opp. attacks.

Thud ducks under Akarr's swordarm as he slips past him, hammer out and at the ready. Positioning himself into a flanking position to the Guard Drake (Y7), hopefully avoiding the beasts snapping teeth. Thud winds up and drops a Righteous Brand on the Drake's noggin, shouting Moradin's name. The craghammer makes a satisfying crunch. The holy glow spreads, giving Malorian a nice glowing target.
    Move Action: Move to X7, pray to Moradin that Opportunity attacks miss
    Standard Action: Righteous Brand on Drake @ Y7 = 23! HIT! Damage: 15! Woot! Also, Malorian gets a +3 bonus to attacks until the end of my next turn.
    Forgot to add the bonus' for flanking, but whatever...

Jaster, assuming you don't die on the next round, stab something and then get clear of the Drakes!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    JourneymanJasterJourneymanJaster Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have 35 hp...minus 11...meaning 24 hp currently, I'm not too bad off. Not sure where you keep getting that 26 from. Also why am I getting clear of the drakes? Especially if you just moved into them! I'm the tank, they can drop their aoes in the back we'll kill these two the old fashion way. I'll edit it my actions and stuff when I get some time in a bit.

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh. I wanted you clear because I thought you were down to 15HP, which meant that if I was DM and had you surrounded by two monsters that did 1d10 damage each....I'd eat your face. :)

How did you get 35HP at first level? Thats a neat trick.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "Aargh!" Nex yelps as the bolt plants itself in his side. Shaking his head and willing out the pain, he quickly assesses the situation and realizes they need to start evening the odds. Fast. Inhaling deep and working against his better judgment, Nex steps through the shadows and appears behind the nearest Drake, lashing out at him with a rushed blow that lacks his full strength but still finds a mark and cuts deep. Turning his head towards the rest of his companions, he shouts, "I'm going to be in a bad way real soon, could use some help!"
    Move: Shadow Step to X6
    Free: Layer a Shroud on Drake Y7
    Attack: Leaping Shade v Drake Y7 with Shroud - Hit, 11 Damage (crappy damage roll, and ignore the extra +2 to hit; I thought I'd be in a flank when I rolled, but I got an 18 anyway, so *shrug*)

Minor: Beg for healing

susan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have 35 hp...minus 11...meaning 24 hp currently, I'm not too bad off. Not sure where you keep getting that 26 from. Also why am I getting clear of the drakes? Especially if you just moved into them!

The character builder lists 1st level swordmages as getting 15 hit points + their constitution score (11 for you) for a total of 26 HP.

Steel: You can just go around Akarr if you want and end up in the same square without having to worry about opportunity attacks. But yes, you can go through squares occupied by friendly players.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah, that would be because I took a background of "Auspicious Birth". Can I not do that? For reference, it takes your highest ability score and substitutes it for Con to determine your initial HP...In this case intelligence, 20+15=35.

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah, that would be because I took a background of "Auspicious Birth". Can I not do that? For reference, it takes your highest ability score and substitutes it for Con to determine your initial HP...In this case intelligence, 20+15=35.

Ooooookay, I've got you now. You can absolutely do that.

Backgrounds don't show up on the character sheets so threw me off. I'll update your stats on the page.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok, this'll be a gamble. Noted that the rabble have +2 to defenses right now (Mob Rule), and since this spell targets fortitude which is higher than their reflex.. eh. We'll see :) Even if I miss, the rabble in the cloud will take another attack starting their next turn. Yay me.

Mindartis flinches as the dragons charge. Luckily his frail frame is safely tucked in behind more bulky targets and thus he's safe where he is right now. As the dragon's get pounded on in return by the others he spots the approaching rabble in the background. The Eladrin moves back and to the side to get a clear shot, raises one hand high above his head and a tiny shot of blue particle gets spat out from his palm.

Entering cinematographically pleasing bullettime the particle flies lazily into the depression, and upon hitting the ground betwixt a trio of the rabble, a bass thud is followed by a crackle, and a cloud of fine ice expands to envelop everything within two squares of the impact, causing three of the rabble to meet their instant demise due to serious cold damage.

"Damn I'm good." exclaims the young wizard as he pulls out his wand. "You want more?" he taunts the remaining rabble, grinning widely.

Move: to CC8 (via BB4->CC5, and the onwards)
    Standard: Freezing Cloud at U11
    Minor: ready Wand.

Freezing cloud at U11, targeting Rabble in T10, S12 and W11: 1d20+5 16 1d20+5 18 1d20+5 15, all vs Rabble's fortitude (13), which is 2 higher due to Mob Rule. That's three hits, is it not? No damage roll necessary, Rabble being minion, Rabble being dead.

The dice wuvs me! :mrgreen:

residue on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Please note that there's a freezing cloud now, at U11, expanding two squares out in every direction. Please don't rush into the cloud, unless you want to take an attack...

residue on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Jaster, I stand corrected. That background IS a neat trick, wish I had noticed that, so bash away!

Susan, on my next turn I'll see what I can do. I might have to blow an encounter power already, but that IS my job.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    As he sees the humans drop like (very cold) flies, he can't but be really impressed by the Eladrin's attack. "Wow, you are good! Nice going there, Mindy!" Can't let him get complacent though, a little teasing is good for the character.
    Determined to give the crowd a good show, Victor decides to move in closer to the drakes and give them a run for their money.
    "Hey Malorian, hold your breath!" he shouts. The sorcerer inhales and then releases a black gas of poison as he exhales. Malorian takes heed and holds his breath as he covers his face for additional protection. One of the guard drakes sees him and does the same, while the other one ignores Malorian's precautions. The drake grabs its throat and starts coughing wildly, tears coming out of its eyes.
    Move action: Move to BB8
    Standard action: Tempest Breath on Guard Drake A, Guard Drake B and Malorian.

Damage roll: 2d6+8 = 13
    Attack roll:
    vs. Guard Drake A: 1d20 + 5 = 10 MISS!
    vs. Guard Drake B: 1d20 + 5 = 19 HIT!
    vs. Malorian: 1d20 + 5 = 15 MISS!

Guard Drake B can't gain combat advantage until the end of my next turn. I also gain concealment until the end of my next turn, so my AC is effectively 17 until then.
    Next Up: Akarr, Malorian

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Malicious intent felt as if it surged solely for Malorian as all before him turned and came to attack. He wasn't exactly surprised but more unsettled as he felt very alone for that moment. He hadn't even realized danger was upon him when he went for his sword. The first dragonthing already tearing at his side. By the time the second had come he had raised a proper defense. Just as sudden as the wave of attack had come so did the support of his comrades as frost, poison, blade, and...dwarf flew into battle.

Recovered from the blow, Malorian retaliates as he makes a thrust gashing the drake in front of him. As the strike lands green flame bursts to the right to splash over the other drake. Within the flames an arcane rune appears over the second drake's head for a brief moment before dissolving into the dyeing flames.
    Rolls: 1d20+13 = 20; 1d8+5=7
    Fight Music
    Attack: Greenflame Blade vs Drake A (20 vs 15) Hit!
    Damage:

Drake A - 7
    Drake B - 2

Move: None
    Minor: Mark Drake B

Up Next: Akarr

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Akarr contemplated for a moment blasting the rabble with a round of dragon breath the same as he'd done to the kobolds prior, but the assault was on him and their lines had met before he knew it, as volleys were exchanged and two drakes swooped in to meet him face to face.

No situation for a crossbow, Akarr reached for his longsword. Noticing Nex catch a bad bolt, he knew he had to act soon or one more stray blow might fell his comrade.

"We'll pay them back for our spilt blood, brother!" shouted Akarr, as he launched into a wreckless attack on the nearest Drake.
    Minor Action: Switch to longsword
    Standard Action: Rousing Assault against Drake A (Y7)

Attack Roll:1d20+6=16 vs AC 15, HIT
    Damage: 1d8+3=6

The swing connects and a splash of blood flew from the side of the drake as it shrieked in pain.

"Steel yourself, there's more blood to repay yet" Akarr said, as he gave Nex a toothy grin from over his shoulder.
    Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Nex
    +3 Bonus Healing from Rousing Assault, +3 Bonus Healing from Improved Inspiring Word Feat.
    Nex is healed for
    1d6+6=11

Up Next: Bad Dudes

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Digsite: Round 2

The apparition moves along the cliff once more and lifts it's arm. Shadowy claws burst from the ground around Akarr in a howling gale, scraping along his armour but finding no purchase (think nails on a blackboard) in it.

Agrid crabs sideways, loading another bolt into his crossbow and takes aim at his shadowy opponent again through the icy mist. Pulling the trigger, the bolt flies across the field, piercing the fog and burying itself into the ground at his feet with a loud thud.

Seeing his fellow humans frozen with ice, the remaining thug works his way around the cloud, making sure to give it a wide berth.

Back near the party the two drakes continue their assault on Malorian. The one to his right roars with fury at the ringing in it's ears and the pain from it's wounds and turns it's gaze towards it's most recent attacker. It snaps it's jaws at Akarr, attempting to get a hold of his leg and only the dragonborn's quick reflexes at the last second prevent it from clamping down. The other drake continues to attack the Eladrin but is unable to find his flesh.

Dodged a bullet with those drake's, both of them rolled for max damage, but didn't manage to touch you. Have at them! I've also updated the Features to include res' Frost Cloud.

Moves:
    Spectral Apparition (I17):
    Moves (Phasing) to N19
    Cast Shadow Claws on Akarr

Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs Reflex = 9 Miss.

Agrid (P15):
    Move to S14.
    Minor Action: Reload Crossbow.
    Attacks Nex with it's crossbow.

Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs AC = 12. Miss

Human Rabble A (Q11):
    Move to V14.

Guard Drake A (Y7):
    Attacks Akarr with it's bite.
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6 vs AC = 16. Miss.

Guard Drake B (Z8):
    Move to Z8.

Attack Roll: 1d20+6 vs AC = 9. Miss.

Current Stats:
    Akarr: (Z6)
    HP 27/27

Victor: (BB8)
    HP 27/27

Nex: (X6)
    HP 21/21

Malorian: (Z7)
    HP 24/35

Thud: (X7)
    HP 28/28

Mindartis: (CC8)
    HP 21/21

Spectral Apparition (N18)
    HP 40/40

Agrid (S14)
    HP 34/34

Guard Drake A: (Y7)
    HP 9/48 Bloodied

Guard Drake B: (Z8)
    HP 31/48

Human Rabble A: (W14)

Map:
    Features:

Frost Cloud: Mindartis' spell still lingers. Upon entering creatures are attacked, 1d20+7 vs Fort and take 1d8+6 cold damage. Half damage on a miss. If a creature starts it's turn in the cloud they are attacked again.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rejuvenated by Akarr's words, Nex strikes out furiously at the Drake in front of him and slashes its throat wide open. Ducking and running past the group while dissolving into shadow, Nex throws a quick wave at the Dragonborn, saying, "Thank you friend! DIBS ON THE LITTLE ONE!"
    Attack vs Drake Y7: Crit! 14 Damage, Dead Drake
    Free: Place a Shroud on the Gnome
    Minor: Shade Form
    Move: Go to X9, provoking an attack of opportunity from the other Drake

susan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The wizard is still grinning over the success of his freezing cloud. One dragon thing drops as well and he cheers on the Changeling as Nex runs forward. "Yeah, go get him!" He swirls his arms a bit where he stands and forms his free hand into a fist. He makes a jabbing motion in the air and a blue missile shoots forth, hitting the last rabble straight in the chest, obliterating another target. "And your mother!" he shouts, exctatic from the, so far, positive flow in the battle.
    Magic Missile at Rabble A (W14): 1d20+5 21. Hit! Rabble dead.

Standard: MM at Rabble.
    Minor: Dismiss freezing cloud. (edited to add this)
    Move: Nothing.

residue on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    After moving away to a safer distance, a vile green ball of acid materializes on Victor's hand as he moves his arm back. He then swings his arm in an arcing motion and the ball of acid flies towards the guard drake, hitting it straight in the face. There's a splash as the ball makes contact with the drake's face, followed by a loud cry from the drake as it covers its face with its hands. The drake must really hate Victor by now, first a faceful of poison gas and then a ball of acid in his face. The sorcerer is glad he put some good distance between himself and the drake.
    Move action: Move to CC14
    Standard action: Acid Orb vs. Guard Drake B

Attack roll: 1d20+5 = 13 vs. Reflex 13 HIT!
    Damage roll: 1d10+8 = 13

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    At Nex's movement the drake lashes out with it's tail, whipping it around in a arc towards his head but the blow misses as he nimbly steps of reach.
    Attack of Opportunity against Nex:
    Attack roll: 1d20+6 -2 (Marked) vs AC = 10. Miss.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thud grins as Nex fells the Drake, and steps forward to take a swing at the remaining Drake. This time, Thud's Righteous Brand misses its target. Thud is sad.

Move to Y7
    Rightous Brand on Drake B = 7 MISS!!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Before the final blow was dealt the drake in front of Malorian made a fierce snap with its jaws that surely would have shattered his bones had it caught him. With one of the drakes already defeated and the small horde of human workers, there was only the small matter of the gnome, drake, and hopefully small apparition.

Turning to his next foe he bring his blade down to gash the beast's head but it bobs away. In a similarly dodging fashion, Malorian slides gracefully back making the missed strike seem almost like a flourish for his slight retreat.
    Rolls: 1d20+8=11 ; 1d8+5=6

Standard: Melee Basic vs Drake B (11 vs 15) Miss

Move: Shift to AA 6
    Minor: None

Up Next: Akarr

On Deck: Remaining Bad Guys

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mindartis listens to the crickets.

residue on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Quick heads-up: I totally just fried my Laptop. I should still be able to post some, but might take me a bit of extra time.

susan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Narrowly dodging the hail of attacks while his comrades shifted past him to surround the remaining drake, Akarr regained his composure and pressed forward once more.

Slipping over to the Drake's side, Akarr took a wide and boisterous stance and slapped his sword against his shield. Swinging his sword around in circles above his head, he occasionally lashed out at the drake.

"Let's see what you've got, beast!" he roared, taunting the Drake into opening himself up

Move Action: Move to Y8 via X7
    Standard Action: Diabolic Stratagem against Drake B

Attack Roll: 10 vs Reflex MISS : 1d20+6 10 1d8+3 10

Unfortunately, Akarr's attempts at goading the drake were unsuccessful and the creature was unfased by his brash move.

Up Next: BAD DUDES

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "What are your men doing Agrid? Finish these fools!" Raising it's arm once more, the shadowy claws explode from the ground around Nex this time, latching on and holding him fast to the ground. "Must I do everything myself?!"

On escaping grabs as per the PHB: As a move action, you can attempt to escape from an enemy that has grabbed you. You make can make an Acrobatics check vs. grabbing enemy’s Reflex (15 in this case) or an Athletics check vs. grabbing enemy’s Fortitude (14). If you succeed, you escape the grab and can shift 1 square.

Seeing Victor skirting the edge of the pit Agrid cranks another bolt into his crossbow and pulls the trigger, firing it at the human. The sorcerer has no time to evade and the projectile scores a glancing blow against him.

The drake continues it's pursuit of Malorian, bunching down the ground to use it's scale to their best effect for it's defense however despite it's best efforts it is unable to draw blood against the agile foe.

Moves:
    Spectral Apparition (I17):
    Cast Shadow Claws on Nex
    Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs Reflex = 25 Hit.

Agrid (S14):
    Move to N17.
    Minor Action: Reload Crossbow.
    Attacks Victor with it's crossbow.

Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs AC = 24. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d8+3 = 5.

Guard Drake B (Z8):
    Shift to Z7.

Attack Roll: 1d20+6 vs AC = 16. Miss.

Current Stats:
    Akarr: (Y8)
    HP 27/27

Victor: (CC14)
    HP 22/27

Nex: (X9)
    HP 21/21 Grabbed

Malorian: (AA6)
    HP 24/35

Thud: (Y7)
    HP 28/28

Mindartis: (CC8)
    HP 21/21

Spectral Apparition (N19)
    HP 40/40

Agrid (N17)
    HP 34/34

Guard Drake B: (Z7)
    HP 18/48 Bloodied

Map:
    DigSiteRound3A.jpg

Features:

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "Moradin's beard!" Thud swore as he saw the spectral hand burst from the ground and entrap Nex in its grasp. What foulness was this? He needed to be away from this Drake, and see what he could do about the spectral apparation. Its very sinisterness grated on the Thud's bones. But first, the scaly beast before him needed to fall.

Once again, with a prayer to Moradin on his lips, Thud smashes his hammer into Drake's flank. Its tough hide cushioned the blow, but its spleen is probably ruptured. Moradin's glow suffuses the Drake giving Malorian a nice target to strike the Drake down.

Thud takes a measured step back from the beast, trusting that Malorian and Akarr can finish it off. Readying his holy symbol, Thud looks to the spectral apparition as his next target.

Standard Action: Righteous Brand on Drake = 17 HIT!! Damage: 8hp. Malorian gets +3 to attack the Drake until my next turn. Get him Jaster!
    Move Action: Shift to X7
    Minor Action: Ready Holy Symbol +1

Kelor, would Thud know if the Spectral dude is undead or not? Being all cleric-y and whatnot..

UP NEXT: Good Guys
    ON DECK: Bad Guys

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The dwarfs blow staggered the drake to the side cause it to weave lazily, predictably. Malorian's sword glowed with a faint golden hue from the blessing Thud had given. It left a wisping trail as the Eladrin spun the blade and stabbed straight down on the drake's head. The blow pinned scale to soil and finished the beast.

Still in the motion of his strike he started the journey towards the last of their foes. His sword slipped free with little protest from the fallen drake. "Let us be finished with this." he said as he moved past Akarr and Thud making his way towards the remaining attackers.
    Rolls: 1d20+13 = 20 ; 1d8+5 = 12

Standard: Basic Melee vs Drake B
    (20 vs 15) Hit
    Damage: Drake B - 12 (Deceased)

Move: V12
    Minor: None

Up Next: Victor, Mindartis, Akarr, Nex

On Deck: Gnome and Apparition

JourneymanJaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "Excellent." says Mindartis as he sees the last drake go down. He looks over the grounds at the gnome and the apparition. Those... things... that burst through the ground. Nasty. Nasty things. His eyes narrow as he aims at the opposite spellcaster. "Look out!" he shouts, mockingly, as he punches the air again with his free hand, another bolt of magic blue flashes across the battlefield, earning him a decent hit.

He lets out a whoop and moves forward, agreeing with Malorian. "Aye brother, lets send these foul creatures onward."

MM @ Apparition - 1d20+5 20: vs Ref 15, HIT!
    Damage: 2d4+5 9

Standard: MM at Apparition.
    Move: Y11

Up Next: Victor, Akarr, Nex
    On Deck: Gnome and Apparition

residue on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Gripped by the black insubstantial claws, Nex's mind steps into overdrive, trying to find a way free from them before they tear him apart. Glancing about quickly, he spies Akarr's shadow a mere foot away from him, almost within reach and ready to provide a route of escape. Nex reaches towards it, fighting against the claws... And is then tumbling through the shadow, reappearing a dozen feet away behind Malorian.

Not resting, Nex rushes forward on the battlefield, positioning himself to strike the attackers and calling another shadow shroud over the Gnome with a Crossbow. Through insubstantial lips, Nex chides, "Don't bother running, you'll just die out of breath."
    Move: Shadow Step to U12
    Standard: Move to O15
    Free: Drop another Shroud on the Gnome (2 now)
    Minor: Drop a witty catchphrase

susan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "Agh! What the hell!" Victor cries as the crossbow bolt hits his shoulder. Visibly angry, Victor shouts an insult at the gnome as he hurls an orb of acid at him. The sneaky gnome manages to dodge the orb at the last second. Curses!

Standard action: Acid Orb vs. Agrid

Attack Roll: 1d20+5 = 7 vs. Reflex --- MISS!
    Next up: Akarr
    On deck: Baddies

Bonus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The second drake felled, Akarr turns his attention to the remaining Gnome and Spectre.

Pulling up his crossbow once more, this time at appropriate range, Akarr advances toward his targets while lining up a shot.

Minor Action: Wield Repeater Crossbow
    Move Action: Move to T13
    Standard Action: Ranged Basic Attack on Agrid

Attack Roll: 1d20+2=11 vs AC, MISS

The bolt flies too high and buries itself harmlessly in the edge of the crater wall behind the gnome.

Go Go Baddies

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A arcana, dungeoneering or religion check will give you more information on the apparition Steel. Some may give different information to others.

Mindartis' magic bolt pierces clean through the apparition and out the other side, doing only superficial damage. It is Insubstantial and takes half damage from damage from all sources and ongoing damage.

The cloud of grasping claws swirls around the area Nex was in, then swarms towards Thud and engulfs the sturdy dwarf in a screaming hail of darkness that prevents him from moving. You are grabbed.

On escaping grabs as per the PHB: As a move action, you can attempt to escape from an enemy that has grabbed you. You make can make an Acrobatics check vs. grabbing enemy’s Reflex (15 in this case) or an Athletics check vs. grabbing enemy’s Fortitude (14). If you succeed, you escape the grab and can shift 1 square.

Dodging arcane blasts and projectiles, the gnome follows its master along the base of the dig site cliff and stowing it's crossbow away proceeds to nimbly clamber up the steep slope to the top near it's master.

Moves:
    Spectral Apparition (N19):
    Cast Shadow Claws on Thud
    Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs Reflex = 22 Hit.
    Moves to H17

Agrid (S14):
    Moves to I14
    Minor Action: Stow Crossbow.
    Standard action: Coverts to extra movement, climbs excavation wall to G14. (Athletics check of 15 needed: 1d20+0 = 19)
    [/COLOR]

Current Stats:
    Akarr: (T13)
    HP 27/27

Victor: (CC14)
    HP 22/27

Nex: (O15)
    HP 21/21
    Insubstantial

Malorian: (V12)
    HP 24/35

Thud: (Y7)
    HP 28/28 Grabbed

Mindartis: (Y11)
    HP 21/21

Spectral Apparition (H17)
    HP 36/40
    Insubstantial

Agrid (N17)
    HP 34/34

Map:
    Features:

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    A arcana, dungeoneering or religion check will give you more information on the apparition Steel. Some may give different information to others.

What kind of action would a check like that count as? Standard or minor?

residue on