As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: Don't post here.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Grohl band? Grohl band.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nooooo! I don't have any cash after the wallet rape that was Abbey Road and Queen!

Not enough lime in the world.

Best of You and The Pretender are so bought. I still haven't listened to that new single.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yessssssssss

I will take any and all Foos I can get. Pretender and Best of You are mine.

Dave Grohl must have either bought millions in HMX stock or he has HMXSean's mom locked up in his basement.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    NO RECESS!

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This is relevant.

2vmzu2u.jpg

Arikado on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The only sad thing about more Foos is that we're running out of Foo for future RB releases.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sweet Jebus that's a lot of Foo. I'm buying it.

By the way, are the new Nirvana tracks pre- or post-Nevermind? I forget.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bleach is their first album. A lot of people call it the grungiest of their discography. You might remember "About a Girl" the Unplugged version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Ft1aQJscc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvwzCobcxTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpMt_YqVbhw

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ah, thought so.

Well, looks like we won't have to wait for RBN for Bleach stuff.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone have any idea what "Word Forward" by the Foos sounds like? I love "Wheels", but am just curious what the other unreleased track is in the vein of...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Grohl band? Grohl band.

They arent even trying to hide this fact anymore.

More Foos!!!

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what "Word Forward" by the Foos sounds like? I love "Wheels", but am just curious what the other unreleased track is in the vein of...

"THEY'RE JUST FUCKING WORDS!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyFmOWUQY7A

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In case you care, the surprisingly good port of Rock Band for the iPhone is on sale for seven bucks this weekend.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm starting to think Dave Grohl really is either Satan or Jesus. So much good music that makes me want to spend money.

toolbert on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    He's played as the devil a few times, so there's that.

Arikado on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just woke up, so it took me a couple of seconds to realize that not only does more Foo Fighters make this Grohl Band, but also the fact he is in Nirvana. Did he play on any of Bleach?

Does anyone have a running tally of all the songs now in game that feature Grohl?

Endaro on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is there a consensus on Lego Rock Band?

Yes/no/maybe so?

And are all the songs exportable to Rock Band 2?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dave did not drum on Bleach.

Chad Channing and Dale Crover did the drums.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am probably a horrible person because of this but the only Nirvana song I give a shit about is Smells Like Teen Spirit.

And they keep not releasing Smells Like Teen Spirit!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Yes/no/maybe so?

Yes and yes.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Yes/no/maybe so?

Yes and yes.

I suppose that makes it a song pack with achievements and digital Bowie, which I am surprisingly okay with.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yes/no/maybe so?

Yes and yes.

Who doesn't want to battle a sea monster with music? I may miss work that day :D

toolbert on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Endaro wrote: »
    I just woke up, so it took me a couple of seconds to realize that not only does more Foo Fighters make this Grohl Band, but also the fact he is in Nirvana. Did he play on any of Bleach?

Does anyone have a running tally of all the songs now in game that feature Grohl?

Off the top of my head, the songs that feature Ghrol are:

All 4 Tenacious D songs
    "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails (Im pretty sure...)
    Obviously all the Foo Fighters songs
    All current Nirvana songs
    At least 1 of the Queens of the Stone Age songs, I think.

and if you want to span it out and include the Foo Fighters in general, Taylor Hawkins, thier drummer, is on:
    "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria
    All 3 Alanis Morresette songs.

I feel like there's more...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Hand that Feeds I believe was inspired by dave grohl or something. Wasn't actually played by him. Well... this was wikipedia info anyway.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited October 2009

All 4 Tenacious D songs

and if you want to span it out and include the Foo Fighters in general, Taylor Hawkins, thier drummer, is on:

Taylor Hawkins didn't drum on "Welcome Home." He drummed with C&C on the album Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow, which doesn't have "Welcome Home."

Arikado on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anybody else like the little thing about how this week we got a song called Best of Me and next week we get a song called Best of You?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And apparently there's some big push of people bitching that this wasn't the week that Pantera was released as DLC. I think we might have discovered the new 'Where's Texas Flood?' Of course, Where's Pantera? will have to compete with Where's the rest of Nevermind? this week.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    More Foos?

Sigh...

They're okay and all but it seems like whenever we're unsure of DLC, you could just guess Foo Fighters and there's a 50% chance you'll be right.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

All 4 Tenacious D songs

Taylor Hawkins didn't drum on "Welcome Home." He drummed with C&C on the album Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow, which doesn't have "Welcome Home."

I have to stop myself from finding and running in front of a nearby bus whenever I read that slbum title. It has to be one of the most pretentious-sounding combinations of words ever imagined.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    More Foos?

Sigh...

They're okay and all but it seems like whenever we're unsure of DLC, you could just guess Foo Fighters and there's a 50% chance you'll be right.

You do realise that the last time the Foo Fighters appeared was in August? And before that December '08. The full album of The Colour and the Shape really skewers the number in their favour, but they aren't released as often as people might think. (TCatS came out in November '08 and nothing before that.)

Don't be that guy...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wow, a whole two months ago!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    darleysam wrote: »

All 4 Tenacious D songs

I have to stop myself from finding and running in front of a nearby bus whenever I read that slbum title. It has to be one of the most pretentious-sounding combinations of words ever imagined.

Yeah but that album fucking rules (along with all their other albums) so you would do well to listen to it.

Retarded titles though, yeah.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh man, I'd totally get up to stream Nirvana and Foo, but I don't get paid until the Friday after it comes out..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wow, a whole two months ago!

Pedantically, next week makes eleven weeks. So nearly three months. Also, it means 7 total songs this year by a single band. In between both releases we saw a lackluster album release by a band already in the game with a different full album, ten songs by a highly awaited group that hadn't appeared in a Rock Band game yet.

Seriously, don't be that guy.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wait, there was Pantera announced? Or is it the official forum herd jumping to conclusions again?

Also, I'll agree that album title is ludicrous and nearly as irritating as You Can Probably Guess.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Uh

Sickhands?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It was in the Gamerscon announcement or something.
    Additionally, the companies have revealed a number of the artists that will be contributing to the holiday goal, including Queen, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Elton John, Iggy Pop, The White Stripes, Pantera, Talking Heads, Korn, and The Raconteurs, as well as the ever elusive "and more."

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wait, there was Pantera announced? Or is it the official forum herd jumping to conclusions again?

Also, I'll agree that album title is ludicrous and nearly as irritating as You Can Probably Guess.

Back on August 19th for Gamescom...
    hmxsean wrote:
    Harmonix and MTV Games Make Major Music Announcements at Gamescom 2009

Details for the Three Downloadable Albums Coming to
    “The Beatles™: Rock Band™” Music Store Revealed

“All You Need Is Love” Available on 9/9/09 for $1.99

Tracks from Queen, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Elton John, Iggy Pop, The White Stripes, Pantera and More Coming Soon to the “Rock Band™” Platform

Rock Band Catalog Surpasses 800 Songs Available to Date
    Scheduled to Hit 1000 Songs by Holiday 2009

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Also, I noticed that the album title you're actually referring to is Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow.

But that's nothing in comparison to the album preceding that one: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    But that's nothing in comparison to the album preceding that one: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness.

Wow. Agreed on that one.

Oh yeah, forgot the Gamescom thing. And naturally the forum gits obsess about the lack of Pantera compared to the lack of, well, every other artist on that list we haven't gotten DLC on yet. But apparently, it don't mean a thang if it ain't got that [strike]swing[/strike] note vomit.

cloudeagle on