816 Downloadable songs as of January 5th, 2010.
55 of 58 Rock Band 1 tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
84 Rock Band 2 on-disc tracks
18 AC/DC Live tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
6 Exclusive tracks imported from the Country Track Pack (360/PS3)
6 Exclusive tracks imported from the Metal Track Pack(360/PS3)
45 Lego Rock Band tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
1028 Total tracks available for Rock Band 2
This Week's DLC
Going Country 02
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
- Alan Jackson – “Good Time”
- Cross Canadian Ragweed – “Cry Lonely”
- Jason Aldean – “She’s Country”
- Keith Urban – “I Told You So”
- Kenny Rogers – “The Gambler”
- Martina McBride – “This One’s For the Girls”
- Shania Twain – “Any Man of Mine”
$10.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (880 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Going Country Pack 02”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
Next Week's DLC
Paul McCartney: New York City Pack 01
Blink 182 Pack 02
- "Band on the Run (live)"
- "Jet (live)"
- "Sing the Changes (live)"
The Psychedelic Furs – “Love My Way”
- “Adam’s Song”
- “First Date” +
- “I Miss You”
The Psychedelic Furs – “Sister Europe”
The Ramones – “Rock ‘n’ Roll High School”
These tracks will be available for purchase as “Paul McCartney New York City Pack 01” or “Blink-182 Pack 02”, as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. These tracks will be available Jan. 14 for PlayStation3 in the United Kingdom and Europe. Tracks marked with a “+” will also be available in the LEGO® Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content.
Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Paul McCartney New York City Pack 01” or “Blink-182 Pack 02”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
Unreleased tracks from the Track Pack series
Country Track Pack
"Gone" by Montgomery Gentry
Metal Track Pack
"Me and My Gang" by Rascal Flatts
"On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson
"She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" by Kenny Chesney
"Swing" by Trace Atkins
"Suds in the Bucket" by Sara Evans
"Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine
ROCK BAND RELEASE DATES
"Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth
"Killed by Death '08" by Motörhead
"Levitate" by I Mother Earth
"Master of the Universe" by Hawkwind
"Transmission MC" by Blue Öyster Cult
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now in most countries for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii depending on the store/location
Rock Band 2
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now for the Xbox 360, PS2, PS3 and the Wii
Australia: No release date yet
Rock Band Unplugged
North America: Available now for the PSP
Europe: Available now for the PSP
Lego Rock Band
North America:Available now for PS3, Xbox 360, the Wii, and the DS
UK: November 27th, 2009 for PS3, Xbox 360, the Wii, and the DS
The Beatles: Rock Band
International: Available now for PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
The podcast is linked
up on the 'Zine page of the RockBand.com page. Subscribe via iTunes
Rock Band DLC list via WikiPedia
Rock Band Unplugged DLC list via WikiPedia
Happy Holidays rockers! We've got a little present for you this week – it's the Friendship Bread episode! We've got a podcast that's a little longer and chock full of soul-nourishing segments like:
* 1:14 - An insightful sitdown between Mr. Pope and Bryn from Bang Camaro
* 20:43 - HMXThrasher chats with YRDaddy about his succesful Rock Band Bar night
* 25:51 - TheBestSteph brings back "Stuff We Think is Cool"
* 32:51 - And finally, a very special DLC roundtable ripe with trivia and secrets galore!
See you next year folks!
"Assumed By You" by Spirit Kid
"Swallow the Razor" by Bang Camaro
Albums available for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance
by Judas Priest
by the Cars
by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Blood Sugar Sex Magick
by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
by Mötley Crüe
The Colour and the Shape
by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003
by No Doubt
by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
by Pearl Jam
by Guns 'n Roses
by Jane's Addiction
Back from the Dead
by Spinal Tap
by Pearl Jam
PLAYING WITH PA FOLKS
If you're on Xbox LIVE, go ahead and add Rock Band PA
as a friend. Then look at that gamertag's friends list and send out messages to people to coordinate a band or you can post in this thread. If you want to find people with DLC, it helps to know what you have and you can go to DLC Quickplay
and make your own list (and tag it in your sig like some people). It is generally accepted to play in your difficulty range (i.e. not constantly failing out) and it's cool if you have a headset to be able to talk to people.
IF YOU WANT YOUR HANDLE HERE, PM ME
Forum Handle / PSN Name
midgetspy / Fiddlehumper
Ketar / Ketar
toolbert / toolbert
Junior Yank / junioryank
Wii Number Insanity
Homestar Gunner 3336-5117-8458
The Beatles Rock Band
Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii
- Compatibility - Due to restrictions by Apple, on-disc and DLC tracks for the Beatles Rock Band will not be compatible with any other Rock Band game.
- Harmonies - Two additional people can sing back up vocals. All microphones are tied to one controller allowing for any combination of singers, potentially up to 6 people (3 singers, 3 instruments) can play because of this.
- Overdrive/Beatlemania! - Due to restrictions by Apple, it seems the freestyle drum fill to activate Overdrive/Beatlemania! on drums no longer exists. Instead, you're given a glowing green gem to hit to activate it minus the drum fill.
- Effects - Guitar switch effects are disabled in-game. Whammy doesn't always produce a modified noise. Most of this has to do with the lack of split tracks. Opening/Closing drum fills are silenced as well.
- Unlockable media - Never before seen videos, photos, and other neat goodies relating to the Fab Four.
- Dreamscapes - While the game follows the Beatles' career at the start, they end up being cooped up in Abbey Road Studios in the later half. In order to present better visuals than just strumming in the studio, Harmonix has gone ahead and created these dreamscapes - imagined cinematics of the song that plays out while you play.
- Downloadable Albums - Abbey Road has been announced to be the first full album with more full albums to come after the game's release. See below for release dates and albums.
- New Instruments - Based on the Beatles' own gear:
- John Lennon’s Rickenbacker 325 guitar
- Sir Paul McCartney’s trademark Höfner bass
- George Harrison’s Gretsch Duo Jet guitar
- Ringo Starr’s drums with classic black oyster pearl finish and Ludwig-branded Beatles kick drum head
Unlock some hidden photos that show some bonus Beatles photos along with development artwork and planning by quickly entering this at the start menu:Blue, Yellow, Orange, Orange, Orange, Blue, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Orange.
* I Saw Her Standing There
* Do You Want To Know A Secret
* Twist And Shout
* I Wanna Be Your Man
* I Want to Hold Your Hand
* A Hard Day’s Night
* Can’t Buy Me Love
* I Feel Fine
* Eight Days A Week
* Ticket To Ride
* Day Tripper
* Drive My Car
* I’m Looking Through You
* If I Needed Someone
* Paperback Writer
* Yellow Submarine
* And Your Bird Can Sing
* Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
* With a Little Help from My Friends
* Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
* Getting Better
* Good Morning Good Morning
* I Am The Walrus
* Hello Goodbye
* Back In The U.S.S.R.
* Dear Prudence
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
* Helter Skelter
* Hey Bulldog
* Don’t Let Me Down
* Come Together
* Octopus’s Garden
* I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
* Here Comes The Sun
* Dig A Pony
* I Me Mine
* I’ve Got A Feeling
* Get Back
* Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
* The End
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks
• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “Her Majesty”
In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Release Date: November 16th, 2009
• “Fixing A Hole”
• “She’s Leaving Home”
• “Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite”
• “Within You Without You”
• “When I’m Sixty Four”
• “Lovely Rita”
• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
• “A Day In The Life”
Release Date: December 15th, 2009
• “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
• “You Won’t See Me”
• “Nowhere Man”
• “Think For Yourself”
• “The Word”
• “What Goes On”
• “In My Life”
• “Run For Your Life”
Lego Rock Band
11/03/09 (NA) and 11/27/09 (UK)
Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and DS
45 Master Tracks
- Exportable - The entire setlist will be exportable to your hard drive (just like Rock Band) for about $10 (PS3 & 360).
- Importable - Some current Rock Band DLC will be playable in Lego Rock Band once it goes through a content filter.
- Difficulty - The game is targeting the younger crowd and/or families. As such the difficulty curve is set much lower. This includes Super Easy mode.
- Gameplay - While the music sections maintain the usual Rock Band gameplay, there are Lego specific challenges that have your band create/destroy buildings. You will also collect Lego Bricks to build and customize your avatars and your "rock den."
- Nintendo DS version - The handheld version for the DS will be quite similar to the PSP's RB Unplugged. You will switch between the four instruments and play with four buttons.
- Downloadable content - There was mention of downloadable content but to what extent and in what form has yet to be revealed.
- No Online multiplayer - Console versions have no online multiplayer. The DS version offers local, cart required multiplayer.
- Lego-ized Rockers - Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Blur, Spinal Tap, Queen and others appear in the game.
* = song appears on DS version
"A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend*
"Accidentally In Love" by Counting Crows*
"Aliens Exist" by Blink 182
"Breakout" by Foo Fighters
"Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings*
"Crash" by the Primatives*
"Crocodile Rock" by Elton John
"Dig" by Incubus
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by the Police
"Fire" by Jimi Hendrix
"Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty*
"Dreaming of You" by the Coral
"Grace" by Supergrass*
"Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.*
"Girls and Boys" by Good Charlotte*
"I Want You Back" by Jackson 5*
"In Too Deep" by Sum 41*
"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas*
"Let's Dance" by David Bowie*
"Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts*
"Make Me Smile" by Steve Harly
"Monster" by the Automatic*
"Naïve" by the Kooks
"The Passenger" by Iggy Pop*
"Real Wild Child" by Everlife
"Ride a White Swan" by T. Rex
"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" by Lostprophets
"Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs*
"Short & Sweet" by Spinal Tap
"So What" by P!nk*
"Song 2" by Blur
"Stumble and Fall" by Razorlight
"Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall*
"Summer of 69" by Brian Adams
"Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects*
"The Final Countdown" by Europe*
"Thunder" by Boys Like Girls
"Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives
"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors*
"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves*
"We Are The Champions" by Queen*
"We Will Rock You" by Queen*
"Word Up!" by Korn
"You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi
Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 - All features
PS3 & Wii - Limited DLC from RBN after it goes on LIVE, PS3 might get the full RBN later on
WHAT BANDS ARE DOING THIS?
The Rock Band Network is a system designed by Harmonix Music Systems with the help of Microsoft to allow musical artists and record labels to make their music available as playable tracks for the Rock Band series of rhythm video games. The Network was designed to allow more music to be incorporated into Rock Band than Harmonix themselves could produce, and it is seen as a way to further expand the games' music catalog into a wide variety of genres. The Network is set to start beta testing in September 2009, with it becoming publicly available to all Xbox 360 players in November; Harmonix hopes to be able to also bring these songs to the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles.
The Rock Band Network is based on the XNA Creators Club model and uses peer review to check songs for playability, copyright violations, and profanity. Harmonix has developed a suite of software tools, including a modified version of REAPER, a digital audio sound tool, and Magma, a metadata packaging tool, for use by artists and labels. In addition, Harmonix has helped to spawn the creation of several third-party companies, based on the previous hacking environment for the creation of custom songs, that will author an artist's song into a Rock Band track. Artists retain full control on their songs, and receive 30% of the sales from the Network. Several artists and labels have already committed to expanding the distribution of their music through the network.
This obviously gives smaller, indie bands a venue for some cash. There is a list up on the Rock Band forums
of bands and labels who may be putting songs up on the Rock Band Network. Expect to see more from Harmonix bands like the Main Drag and Speck, nerd favorite Johnathan Coulton, and even Penny-Arcade's own band (well, mostly Tycho), the Sex Generals.
I HAVE A BAND!
Great! Have a look at the process and tool you will need over on the RBN page