Options

ROCK BAND: Don't post here.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Karrmer wrote: »
    Then, I suggest the next time you say something like 'I don't care for their music and the game based on a single band does not interest me'. Or 'I would prefer to play a game with a larger selection of songs'. Instead of, you know, 'it's slow and boring'. That last one? Not gonna get positive responses...it looks like trolling.

These threads are full of people going on about how awful the music is from each DLC pack pretty much every week so I didn't realize it'd make you that upset to learn that the Beatles are, indeed, pretty slow.

Well, shit. I guess the B:RB game sucks... Good to know.

Now that we have that cleared up, the next soapbox I'll get on will be about how much B:RB sucks. Everybody else should use this time to prepare their rebuttal. I think I'll start with 'slow and boring' and move from there.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Then, I suggest the next time you say something like 'I don't care for their music and the game based on a single band does not interest me'. Or 'I would prefer to play a game with a larger selection of songs'. Instead of, you know, 'it's slow and boring'. That last one? Not gonna get positive responses...it looks like trolling.

These threads are full of people going on about how awful the music is from each DLC pack pretty much every week so I didn't realize it'd make you that upset to learn that the Beatles are, indeed, pretty slow.

No, you're just taking a game that had a lot of time, effort, design, and heart put into and just calling it "slow" because it doesn't compare to something that is challenging for you. If you're the type of person who only plays for the challenge, then more power to you. But you're missing out.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    is abbey road worth it you guys
    is it

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arikado wrote: »

No, you're just taking a game that had a lot of time, effort, design, and heart put into and just calling it "slow" because it doesn't compare to something that is challenging for you. If you're the type of person who only plays for the challenge, then more power to you. But you're missing out.

The initial post was in response to everyone wondering why the Beatles game didn't sell enormously more, and I was stating my opinion that it was because even though the Beatles are popular, there is no challenge there so you'll lose out on a lot of the players that are into that kind of thing. Following up, in the same post, I also stated my opinion that the fact that there are only songs from one single band also makes it seem a bit boring.

I just think adding Beatles songs as DLC for RB2 would make a lot more sense. I'd actually buy that - or even letting the songs be exported into RB2. But when myself (and my friends) get together for Rock Band sessions we like to jump back and forth from all types of genres and having to switch discs just to play one band seems a little ridiculous

Karrmer on
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    AggroChan wrote: »
    is it

Yes.

Playing through the medley is great.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    To be fair, Beatles songs are very slow and, well, boring.

I love me some Rock Band but I can't imagine having an entire game of only slow boring Beatles songs. How is that even fun? One band?

Zero interest in that

Nope. Not seeing it. Where is there specific mention that B:RB probably sold poorly due to many people finding it less than challenging. Maybe the second post on the subject:
    I just can't imagine any song on there providing any challenge when my friends and I are doing Yngwie, Visions and the like on expert drums/guitars on RB2.

I'd love to see an example of any Beatles song that is anything other than a medium RB2 song

No. Still not seeing it. Shall we try the third post?
    I just don't find the Beatles enjoyable, but even if it was a game consisting of only music from a band that I do enjoy - including my favorites - I wouldn't buy it. I just don't see the appeal of a Rock Band game with only one single band to choose from, when I have RB2 with 600 songs, and I think that has a lot to do with the poor sales. Even my friends that are big on the Beatles didn't buy it because it's a lot of money to toss down on such a singular experience

Ahh... Found it in the second sentence in the third post, following a bunch of stuff mainly about how slow and boring it would be because the music is slow and boring.

And the reason is buried in a poorly structured sentence and is about how a separate game of a similar nature isn't that interesting because of a lack of song selection.

Problem solved!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    is it

Yes.

Playing through the medley is great.

fffffff so conflicted

on one hand 17 dollars, and i still haven't played flower
    on the other hand the medley

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    is it

It's Abbey Road.

Edit: Also, thank you PA RB thread for reminding me that yes, some people do just have wrong opinions.

Endaro on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    Darian wrote: »
    I'm thinking about picking up Lego RB Wii to play with my family (including a 7 year old nephew), but I haven't owned any of the full-band games, yet, just GH3. Unfortunately, they aren't releasing a bundle for Lego RB, just the software.
    To save me from having to dig back through all the old threads, do the instruments from RB:2 Special Edition hold up well/are they high quality? Or would I be better off picking up Band Hero or RB: The Beatles for the second guitar, drums, and mic that I need?

2gen RB gear is pretty solid. GH drums I've heard are iffy, but the WT/5 guitar holds up well.

glithert recently complained of some worn out WT gear... So, your mileage may vary and so forth.

To be fair, it was mad easy to fix. 10 minutes, tops.
    Unless you're an idiot like me and lose your torx screwdrivers, in which case it'll take you an hour

glithert on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    glithert wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Darian wrote: »
    I'm thinking about picking up Lego RB Wii to play with my family (including a 7 year old nephew), but I haven't owned any of the full-band games, yet, just GH3. Unfortunately, they aren't releasing a bundle for Lego RB, just the software.
    To save me from having to dig back through all the old threads, do the instruments from RB:2 Special Edition hold up well/are they high quality? Or would I be better off picking up Band Hero or RB: The Beatles for the second guitar, drums, and mic that I need?

2gen RB gear is pretty solid. GH drums I've heard are iffy, but the WT/5 guitar holds up well.

glithert recently complained of some worn out WT gear... So, your mileage may vary and so forth.

To be fair, it was mad easy to fix. 10 minutes, tops.
    Unless you're an idiot like me and lose your torx screwdrivers, in which case it'll take you an hour

10 minutes and then a not-so-veiled threat to Kotick, you mean.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Somebody can't read!
    1 hour spent looking for a screwdriver
    10 minutes spent fixing it
    Then I threaten Kotick

glithert on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    To be fair, Beatles songs are very slow and, well, boring.

I love me some Rock Band but I can't imagine having an entire game of only slow boring Beatles songs. How is that even fun? One band?

Zero interest in that

Nope. Not seeing it. Where is there specific mention that B:RB probably sold poorly due to many people finding it less than challenging. Maybe the second post on the subject:
    I just can't imagine any song on there providing any challenge when my friends and I are doing Yngwie, Visions and the like on expert drums/guitars on RB2.

I'd love to see an example of any Beatles song that is anything other than a medium RB2 song

No. Still not seeing it. Shall we try the third post?
    I just don't find the Beatles enjoyable, but even if it was a game consisting of only music from a band that I do enjoy - including my favorites - I wouldn't buy it. I just don't see the appeal of a Rock Band game with only one single band to choose from, when I have RB2 with 600 songs, and I think that has a lot to do with the poor sales. Even my friends that are big on the Beatles didn't buy it because it's a lot of money to toss down on such a singular experience

Ahh... Found it in the second sentence in the third post, following a bunch of stuff mainly about how slow and boring it would be because the music is slow and boring.

And the reason is buried in a poorly structured sentence and is about how a separate game of a similar nature isn't that interesting because of a lack of song selection.

Problem solved!

Slow = not challenging.

Not sure if you weren't aware of that, but a slow simple song in a music game is not going to be hard.

You seem really upset with the fact that the Beatles aren't that big of a deal.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Somebody can't read!
    1 hour spent looking for a screwdriver
    10 minutes spent fixing it
    Then I threaten Kotick

And here I thought you were smart enough to threaten him from the beginning. It should only be saved for the final step for people convinced that nothing can go wrong with GH equipment.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Karrmer wrote:
    the Beatles aren't that big of a deal.

Not all musical opinions are subjective. You can say that you yourself don't like The Beatles, but to say that they aren't a big deal is just...well,.. dumb.

And here I thought you were smart enough to threaten him from the beginning.

Technically, I never threatened him. I figured it'd be harder to get into his house if he knew I was coming.

glithert on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    obvious troll is obvious...

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    And here I thought you were smart enough to threaten him from the beginning.

Technically, I never threatened him. I figured it'd be harder to get into his house if he knew I was coming.

Well, I'm keeping the message around. In case anything happens in the next 25 or so days.
    If it does, I'll just have to give you negative feedback...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

heh.

Aheheh.

PffffHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone else think this is the N'synch guy just with a different account? Because statements like these simply can't be said without deliberately being ignorant. I swear.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Unlucky wrote: »
    Does anyone else think this is the N'synch guy just with a different account? Because statements like these simply can't be said without deliberately being ignorant. I swear.

If you're talking about maximumzero, then it'd be unlikely. He forswore all rhythm games because they all had music he hated. I think DJ Hero might qualify as something he'd like.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dude just doesn't like the Beatles alright?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    True nuff, if he'd just added "to me." at the end of that statement, none of this would be happening. :P Hell, it's what I do whenever huge sums of Beatles chat comes up in this thread. :P

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Citizen Kane wasn't that important of a movie, guys.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Where is this Karrmer

I will crush him with my hand

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I like the Beatles Rock Band. I have FC'd 38 out of 45 songs and I was having a blast redoing a bunch of them last night with the proper paths. Challenging != fun and Easy != fun.

Fun == Fun

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »
    Hey Twitter Shitters: The official RB Twitter account will be doling out free Abbey Road and Queen pack codes at some point in the next few days. These things go like mad, but if you want to try your luck, have fun!

holy shit those went fast. like, 5-10 seconds after posting.

If I would've participated I'd have been refreshing constantly with the "Redeem code" section of Xbox.com already open in another tab. You can get those things entered pretty quick as I learned from trying to limit my time on the Pepsi Rock Band site.

Late as shit, but this is exactly what I was doing, and they were still gone in seconds.

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bots. Gotta be bots.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well for anyone that isn't/didn't buy Abbey Road, you can have this. It was one of my free 3 DLC tracks that I got for pre-ordering, but I wanted the medley, so this code became sort of worthless.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer:
    TV6Y9-3R4WX-KV7QH-87TJX-KWFRT

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Now, I love a good challenge in a rhythm game, but there is much more to a good song than just having a chart that will give you workout.

Yes, a lot of the Beatles songs are on the easy side of things, but that doesn't change the fact that the music was groundbreaking at the time, or the fact that they influenced more people than god. I'm not a huge fan, but I tried Beatles: Rock Band and enjoyed it, even though my main tastes lean more towards the heavy metal side of things.

I hate this argument. I don't give a shit about the Beatles and had never heard 90% of the songs on B:RB until I bought it. After playing the game and learning the songs I really don't see what the big deal is at all. I mean I definitely didn't dislike most of them but I really don't get why everybody worships them like their songs are the greatest songs ever made, lol. How influential or groundbreaking they were when they were released means absolutely nothing about how good the songs are now... and they're OK now. Sure, the Beatles were maybe important for music history but looking back at their MUSIC now I just don't see how it's miles ahead of everything else - it's just pop music. It's catchy and fun and not very musically intricate or advanced... and how groundbreaking it was has nothing to do with that.

</rant>

Back on topic, though, TBH I haven't played B:RB since the week I bought it. There's just not enough reason for me to put B:RB with 50 songs in it instead of RB2 with 500 songs on it. They're not 10x better than all other songs ;-P If it weren't for the vocal harmonies it's possible I'd never play it again *shrug*

midgetspy on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't quite understand how "not musically intricate or advanced" = "pop music".

They were definitely not writing pop music in the later half of their group's history.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's actually VERY musically intricate and advanced anyway.

Not that it means I like the game. I find it pretty boring. The songs, while I love them, just aren't that interesting to play for me.

And the game is garish and hurts my eyes.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Someone on ScoreHero has posted pictures of his TV watching MTV/VH1 with the ad box in the bottom right corner.

It apparently advertises "Foo Fighters Pack 03" coming on Nov. 3rd, the same day as the Greatest Hits CD. It also says "Play 4 more of thier Greatest Hits!"

I personally am hoping for this to be true, but jeez, thats a ton of Foo Fighters...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I personally am hoping for this to be true, but jeez, thats a ton of Foo Fighters...
    I wouldn't mind having the entire bands back-catalogue available for Rock Band. Just means I need more points....a lot more points.

But yeah, it's a lot of Foo. Obviously Foo Fighters stuff must sell well and frankly, it's pretty fun to play on all instruments.

Also, I highly doubt we'll be seeing Foo Fighters in Guitar Hero anymore due to the Kurt Cobain incident, so the more Foo in Rock Band the better. :D

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If it's true then there's not a whole lot of possibilities for what we could be getting.
    1. "All My Life"
    2. "Best of You"
    3. "Everlong"
    4. "The Pretender"
    5. "My Hero"
    6. "Learn to Fly"
    7. "Times Like These"
    8. "Monkey Wrench"
    9. "Big Me"
    10. "Breakout"
    11. "Long Road to Ruin"
    12. "This Is a Call"
    13. "Skin and Bones"
    14. "Wheels" (Previously unreleased)
    15. "Word Forward" (Previously unreleased)
    16. "Everlong (Acoustic version)"

5 of the "Greatest Hits" that Rock Band doesn't have, and 7 if you count the previously unreleased tracks, and 8 if you think there's a chance of putting an acoustic version of a song that's already on-disc up for DLC.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Calling it:
    Best Of You, The Pretender, Big Me.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Calling it:

The ad specifically said 4 pack.

So Im going with those 3, and the new single "Wheels" that is on the radio constantly.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Calling it:

The ad specifically said 4 pack.

So Im going with those 3, and the new single "Wheels" that is on the radio constantly.
    Oops. Sorry, I got Foo Fighters 03 and "Play 4" mixed up. Easy mistake.
    If you're retarded.
    Which I am.
    :(

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yesterday, Third Eye Blind's twitter said "Stay tuned tomorrow for a big surprise..."

DLC?

mxmarks on
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Best of Me is one of the best songs in GH:VH so I will be happy if that is announced.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nooooo! I don't have any cash after the wallet rape that was Abbey Road and Queen!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    dont see the official announcement on the forums yet but here is next weeks DLC:

Xbox 360, PS3, Wii:

* Foo Fighters – “Best of You”
    * Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”
    * Foo Fighters – “Wheels”
    * Foo Fighters – “Word Forward”
    * Nirvana – “About a Girl”
    * Nirvana – “Blew”
    * Nirvana – “School”
    * Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – “Fake Friends”

Rock Band: Unplugged:

* Bullet For My Valentine – “Waking the Demon”
    * System of a Down – “Toxicity”