Options

Modern Warfare 2: Out now! Removal of pants advised.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    wait wait wait... this game comes out.. tonight?

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh yeah P.S. I HAVE FUCKING MODERN WARFARE 2

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Also I'm now rocking an Infinity Ward gamerpic.

EDIT: Oh shit the disclaimer for the "offensive mission" comes on before you even start a new game and asks if you want to do it.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haikira wrote: »
    *irrelevent text*

dude...your sig...awesome...sentences can't....form....uhhhh.....sunshine

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Went back into the office to do a little paperwork as Walmart is right across the street. Just a little bit longer...

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Damn

The obstacle course in this is way harder than the one in COD4.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Modern Warfare 2 GET!
    Gamestop was giving out free Monsters the whole evening. I got me a free poster. They also had two competitions, one for the fastest time in the opening training course and one for the fastest time on the snowmobile. I won both! They had prizes for the top 3, and for the first one I got a free movie ticket and a $5 gift certificate to a local restaurant and the second one got me two free movie tickets.
    I gave the gift certificate to a Marine that just got back from deployment last week. He barely came in 4th.

For the record, I got 30.5 seconds on the obstacle course and 1:06.45 on the snowmobile.
    :D

YardGnome on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Was number 93 and 94, out the door by 12:09am. Got mine, installing now after playing with the nightvision goggles for far too long.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh well, when I get home tomorrow there will be a bundle of happiness from Amazon sitting in my mailbox

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Was number 93 and 94, out the door by 12:09am. Got mine, installing now after playing with the nightvision goggles for far too long.

how are they?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The game manual is 5 ages long. That is terrible.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    GENOCIDIN CIVIES AND CHUGGING ENERGY SHOOTERS BABY ALL UP INSSSS

get

edit: This post has been brought to you by MONSTER™ Hitman energy shooter beverage. The power of diabetes fits into the palm of your hand!

Also brought to you by killing dudes™ Now, with less death-smell.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    watching that stream... i really hope you can turn off the stupid metal riff that plays when i guess an objective is completed or whatever

get out

tofu on
  • Options
    JudgementJudgement Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The game manual is 5 ages long. That is terrible.

Well, it should just be 2 pages.

Pg. 1: Controls
    Pg. 2: Shoot stuff and learn to tolerate matchmaking.

Judgement on
    309151-1.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    WOOO!

And now back to playing this game.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    by the way that monster energy shot they give you is the worse fucking thing anyone could ever come up with. It's like melted jello and cough syrup from hell.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009

unless you bought it on steam, then it's friday.

Morkath on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Caved and picked up the PC version. Installing now, I did notice one thing, though: When I put in my CD key, I was told the game hadn't released and would be locked until 12:00 AM November 12. Post on the Steam forums say "retail users will be able to register their key and play the game on retail release (Nov. 10th)" but the rest of the internet can't make up it's mind.

I'll find out either way in about 5 minutes when disk 2 finishes, but damn this is going to hang over my head until then. I was kind of hoping to hammer out the single player tonight and have it out of my system when my raid week starts tomorrow.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Snake101stSnake101st Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The guns... they've stopped!

(this thread has gotten a lot slower since so many people picked up their copies at midnight and are now busy... or are just normal and sleeping :P)

Snake101st on
    Snakesig123.gif
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Morkath wrote: »

unless you bought it on steam, then it's friday.
    I would hate to be Steam Support right about now. The combined nerd rage they must be getting.

MW2: "OMG, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I REFUSE TO PAY FULL PRICE FOR A LATE GAME, I WANT A REFUND."
    L4D2(Aus\Germany): 'OMG THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. CENCORSHIP WTF?! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!"

Of course, anyone who uses Steam Support is automatically reduced to the emotional level of a five year old.

Including me. 8-)

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So I just did that controversial mission.

It was surprisingly a lot of fun! Very cinematic. As a shitty COD player, it was satisfying to take down so many targets without constantly having to take cover and such.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    UnbreakableVow, that is kind of disturbing considering who those targets were.

I got a copy of the game though :) Really liking it so far, it's going to be my big game for the next 6 months or so, definitely.

Black Ice on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It was surprisingly a lot of fun! Very cinematic. As a shitty COD player, it was satisfying to take down so many targets without constantly having to take cover and such.

yeah, what the fuck? :P

I thought it was powerful. The first time I got pissed off and shot all my team.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    McCly wrote: »

how are they?

This is the most important question ever asked in the history of everything.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Getting shot all the time warfare 2

Dsmart on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    IT HAS BEGUN

rsz_1random_pics.jpg

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MegaDoomerMegaDoomer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i shall be also one of the people shooting mans in about 1 hour

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Black Ice wrote: »
    UnbreakableVow, that is kind of disturbing considering who those targets were.
    How the fuck is this game not banned in Australia?

Clearly the OFLC don't actually play the games they rate, they just look at the box art and judge.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    3 hours till midnight here :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Arg, the PS3 System Update keeps on stopping mid-download.

Darlan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So after playing this games multiplayer its pretty lackluster. I mean its good and all. But it's the exact same fucking game as cod4,3,2,1....they improve nothing except for graphics, physics, and added some toys. I would have thought they'd maybe try to innovate something by now. I don't know a cover system maybe? leaning at least? Anything? Anything at all besides what you have been doing over and over and over. No? Ok. This will get boring fast.

Still looking foreward to SP though.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    so having not really played cod 4, 3, 2, 1 i'm in for an awesome time. awesome.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    anyone care to spoiler what this "offensive mission" business is all about?

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    so having not really played cod 4, 3, 2, 1 i'm in for an awesome time. awesome.

Yeah pretty much.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    McCly wrote: »

how are they?

This is the most important question ever asked in the history of everything.

Really good. For as cheap as they are theyre fucking sweet. I got the game and ended toying around with them for a good hour before finally realizing I got a game in the box too. At that point I played that shit. And am still.

I also did the controversial mission and it was definitely something. I just felt like "wow, just fucking STOP!" the whole time. Wanted to kill my teammates and then man. That mission is great. I just kept thinking what itd be like if it really happened and is a scary fucking scenario.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Zephos wrote: »

In case you couldnt tell. Spoiler Alert.
    You go in an airport and gun down shitloads of civilians in cold blood and watch as they scream and try to help each other and run away and shit. Before playing it I was all like "oh come on shut the fuck up about that its just a game." But its actually pretty powerful stuff.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited November 2009

SPOILERS

LIKE SERIOUS FUCKING SPOILERS IF YOU DON'T KNOW
    You play an undercover operative that's infiltrated the enemy's terrorist outfit. You walk into a Russian airport with automatic weapons and gun down hundreds of civilians, then the police that come to stop you after you've taken out the whole airport.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    He treats objects like women, man.

I once dabled in pacifism....not in Modern Warfare 2 of course....

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    so anyone has any PC impressions? I've heard on neogaf that, gasp IW net actualy works and that there is little lag, would like to hear some comments from this place (given that the IW forums are useless like always)

Enosh20 on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

SPOILERS

LIKE SERIOUS FUCKING SPOILERS IF YOU DON'T KNOW
    You play an undercover operative that's infiltrated the enemy's terrorist outfit. You walk into a Russian airport with automatic weapons and gun down hundreds of civilians, then the police that come to stop you after you've taken out the whole airport.
    i dont get why you dont just kill the terrorist guy instead of killing hundreds of civilians. i mean whatever, its a game. but still... him and all his buddies are standing in front of you and youve got this huge machine gun...

also, why did i resist playing COD4 for so long? this game is really damn fun.

edit: also i suck terribly at multiplayer. like just so much.

Ah_Pook on
This discussion has been closed.