Options

Modern Warfare 2: Out now! Removal of pants advised.

• Options
    JazzBlackJazzBlack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Photon wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    JazzBlack wrote: »
    anyone else manage to pick this game up for about £13 pounds less than most of the retards that pre ordered and had to wait outside blockbuster or game for hours?

Just went to adsda at 11 where there was a small que they gave us a ticket said come back at 12. did my shopping got my game. too easy. then laughed at my flat mates who got back 2 hours later when id practicly completed the campaign and they had to pay full price. fools

I posted earlier in the thread, I got the 360 version for £24.09

Wish my asda experience had been that easy, I went to the one at longwell green, bristol ... hundreds and hundreds of people there queuing the length of the store, and once they did start selling things didnt move quickly. Got my copy and was out of there by 1ish, after waiting from 11. Thankfully met some cool people in the line to talk to, so it wasnt all bad.

gutted, luckly when i got ther at 11 ther was just a few of us so they gave us tickets and when the late comers got ther they had to wait until we got ours. was pretty sweet.

JazzBlack on

Wynne%20Warrior.jpg
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already - does Veteran in this one seem easier or harder than MW1 or WaW?
    I've heard "harder, but shorter." But that's just like, an opinion, man.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    fuck i hate living in an isolated small town in australia, one hour drive for me to get the game at double the price D:

deadlydorito on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    fuck i hate living in an isolated small town in australia, one hour drive for me to get the game at double the price D:

That sucks. You should totally move to America (fuck yeah!).

aBlank on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Okay, i just read that party-chat was disabled in MW2. I'm assuming (and hoping), that it's disabled only for certain gametypes.

Could anyone clear this up for me?
    Don't have the game yet, but I'm pretty sure it's disabled for pretty much every mode except Mercenary modes, since you can't choose your teammates anyway in those modes. Bummer, I agree.

moocow wrote: »
    So I apparently forgot to preorder this. I thought that I had, but I guess that I didn't.

God damn it.

You can walk into any Target or Best Buy and just pick one up off the shelf.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    PhotonPhoton Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Any Uk/europe people going to be up for some games this evening? (on 360)

I know there is that gamertag in the OP but might be nice to find some local people what with timezones/pings/etc

Photon on
    PSN: photon_86
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I get to go buy this during my lunch break today.

...and then have it sit there and mock me for another good four+ hours. ..

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    I told you guys, i told you the campaign is full of awesome, no matter how short.

Also, now that it is finally out I can say this:

Real Spoiler:
    SUR-PRICE MOTHERFUCKER

:^:

Anywho, just finished up a couple of hours of MP madness, and it's good to get back into the groove. M4A1 Silenced is so good.

Also, Tactical Insertion has been very helpful so far, especially with the

1emhjb.jpg

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, definitely disappointed hearing what I've heard re: the single-player -- that it's shorter than COD4 and the story isn't very cohesive/compelling. I loved COD4's story, very compact, exciting, well-told, and at some points actually emotional. Maybe I'll just rent this...

hottoq on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tactical Insertion is way more useful than any grenade could ever wish to be.

I can't tell how many flags I defended/took over just because I dropped it down, killed a dude, died, knew where the dude who killed me was and took him out after respawning a few meters away.

Hell,I once dropped it down, got killed before I had my weapon out again then respawned immediately and shot the dude. Got me the "JACK IN A BOX" title/challenge.

Also, I am in Europe and will be playing this tonight. I want to get a nice big party going, will have to kick some old friends for that though, my list is full.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hottoq wrote: »
    Hmm, definitely disappointed hearing what I've heard re: the single-player -- that it's shorter than COD4 and the story isn't very cohesive/compelling. I loved COD4's story, very compact, exciting, well-told, and at some points actually emotional. Maybe I'll just rent this...

2x.

Sounds like the meat and potatoes is the multiplayer component. I'm not huge on the Gold thing, plus my connection isn't the best either. However I will definitely rent.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Idx86 wrote: »

2x.

Sounds like the meat and potatoes is the multiplayer component. I'm not huge on the Gold thing, plus my connection isn't the best either. However I will definitely rent.

I'm going to do the same thing I did with the first one; buy it, try to play multiplayer for like a week until I realize playing on Live is only slightly more fun than crushing my hand in a vice, and then let the game collect dust. I'm excited.

Fats on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I can't tell how many flags I defended/took over just because I dropped it down, killed a dude, died, knew where the dude who killed me was and took him out after respawning a few meters away.

Hell,I once dropped it down, got killed before I had my weapon out again then respawned immediately and shot the dude. Got me the "JACK IN A BOX" title/challenge.

Got that title as well, it's so hard to decide which one to use.

Also, The great thing is if someone decides to destroy it, then you know where they are. The chances of it being camped shouldn't be too high since people who do that are leaving their own ass vulnerable hoping that the person who used it dies. I fear for when people unlock claymores, though D:

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Also, The great thing is if someone decides to destroy it, then you know where they are. The chances of it being camped shouldn't be too high since people who do that are leaving their own ass vulnerable hoping that the person who used it dies. I fear for when people unlock claymores, though D:

What does it look like when it's... thrown or whatever? Can it be thrown or is it dropped?

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    aBlank wrote: »

What does it look like when it's... thrown or whatever? Can it be thrown or is it dropped?

It takes a couple of seconds to activate, at which point it is dropped at your feet, regardless of where you're looking. I'm fairly sure it can't be thrown, but take that with a grain of salt. On being dropped it glows green.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So i'm officially the only person who doesn't own this game. Yeah, fuck you Activision!

*feels somewhat lonely*

WMain00 on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fats wrote: »

2x.

I'm going to do the same thing I did with the first one; buy it, try to play multiplayer for like a week until I realize playing on Live is only slightly more fun than crushing my hand in a vice, and then let the game collect dust. I'm excited.

This might make it easier to justify buying (I know it has for me!): Trade in 2 select PS3/360/Wii games, get MW2 for $20.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ahhh. It's paid off, and I'm picking it up later today. I want it nowww.

Question. Are the different skins back for the guns? Like the digital camo, blue, red, gold, etc.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    WMain00 wrote: »
    So i'm officially the only person who doesn't own this game. Yeah, fuck you Activision!

*feels somewhat lonely*

Nope.

I never got the CoD series really. I bought 4, played it for a weekend with friends, and didn't like it (for the price). $45 for a used copy, and to me, playing with my friends felt just like playing Halo did, or Rainbow Six Vegas 2. It actually made me WANT to play those games more. So I returned it for a new copy of Burnout and used copy of Overlord.

Not bashing the game, and Im reading this thread out of curiosity because obviously the franchise is doing SOMETHING right to be this successful. But seeing people saying it's not really living up to the expectations makes me think I'm not missing out on much by skipping this one as well.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    JazzBlack wrote: »
    anyone else manage to pick this game up for about £13 pounds less than most of the retards that pre ordered and had to wait outside blockbuster or game for hours?

Just went to adsda at 11 where there was a small que they gave us a ticket said come back at 12. did my shopping got my game. too easy. then laughed at my flat mates who got back 2 hours later when id practicly completed the campaign and they had to pay full price. fools

I got my copy for £32 off Amazon, my friend paid £50 for his from a local game shop.

Hah.

Cristo on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow, you saved like $7. Your friend however got hosed. hard.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Beat the campaign in one sitting on Hardened, there was a few places that were just like pure bullshit to get through. I enjoyed the game, but I wasn't expecting a video game adaption of the best stories ever made. The story was full of action, and badass characters, which is all I want from a FPS.

The NVGs are actually really good. They're not exactly super long distance, but they work wonderfully for seeing in the dark of an apartment you turn all the lights off in for no real reason. They do however fubar your depth perception something fierce. Anyone else around you sees a ring of red lights on the front of your goggles though, so they're not exactly inconspicuous.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

How can it be hard to decide?

PUBLIC ENEMY is the right answer. It has a fucking SHARK as it's graphic!!!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    So, almost had an issue at the GameStop last night where some guy waited in line for 4 hours, but didn't do a "pre register" or whatever and had to go waaaay back to the end of the line. Ended up just getting his money back and going to WalMart across the street to get his game.

Games good.

Fun.

Yay.

Played nothing but TDM last night and it's already leagues better than W@W.

Sheep on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Reading the kit setup thats basically ninja makes this game way more appealing to me then it was a few days ago. I'm still on the fence since generally kit based fps and realistic fps aren't my thing, I'm more an arcade style weapon pick ups and over the top fantastical style weapons over realism person.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Reading the kit setup thats basically ninja makes this game way more appealing to me then it was a few days ago. I'm still on the fence since generally kit based fps and realistic fps aren't my thing, I'm more an arcade style weapon pick ups and over the top fantastical style weapons over realism person.

It's still very very arcadey, especially with all the bonuses popping up everywhere.

Sheep on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

It's still very very arcadey, especially with all the bonuses popping up everywhere.
    Yeah the only realistic thing about the game is the setting.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    But I didnt like MW1 mostly because I dislike the whole spawn with what you're best with aspect I feel that takes an element of strategy out of the game. I also should note I prefer deathmatch to objective and generally don't enjoy team games at greater than about 6 on 6 and like ffa the best. Still worth a look?

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    just had modern warfare delivered, but i have way to much work to play it

i'll just leave it there by my xbox

i have iron will

Nuzak on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    anoffday wrote: »

Question. Are the different skins back for the guns? Like the digital camo, blue, red, gold, etc.
    Anyone?

anoffday on
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Anyone?

Yup they are :)

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Helloween wrote: »

Anyone?

Yup they are :)
    Awesome.

Also, I do agree that the single player seems too short, but they added a new mode. And aren't most of you psyched about the multiplayer? Or are you mostly single player gamers. Personally, I've been waiting for a good multiplayer shooter ever since I realized how screwed up and worthless GoW 2's multiplayer was.

anoffday on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got ghosts name/face design.
    Gaz!

Leitner on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just finished the campaign. Holy fuck that was awesome, short but every second was pretty much BANGZOOMWHIZBOOMCRACK.

Gonna head online for some multi now.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    WMain00 wrote: »

*feels somewhat lonely*

Nope, I don't have it either. Between Forza 3 and Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed 2 next week, no time for CoD.
    Wren wrote: »
    oh you modern consumers, paying ten dollars over the normal price for a five hour game. you silly, trend-setting bastards

Nobody goes to Hooters for wings

Nobody reads Playboy for the articles

Nobody buys CoD for single player

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Fats wrote: »

2x.

This might make it easier to justify buying (I know it has for me!): Trade in 2 select PS3/360/Wii games, get MW2 for $20.

What games are on that list for the PS3? I'm at work and can't go to that link. I only have Batman: Arkham Asylum, COD: World at War, and Metal Gear Solid 4 available to trade in.

hottoq on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    hm. is it normal to shoot a gun and a second later hear the bullet? i think my game or TV might be lagging :|

That's really weird. I don't think your tv can give you this big of a desynch between audio and video
    Oh ho? we have a disbeliever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqDUmXzykbo
    No comments on how terrible my video/audio sync is? It was a HDMI for both audio and video

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man the manual for the PC version is a joke.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man the manual is a joke.
    There ya go

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My COD Xbox is sitting beside me here at work. Taunting me.
    Picked it up 8am on the way to work. This sucks.

Also, the manual for the xbox version is also a joke. It's three pages long. But that doesn't matter, the tell you how to play the game usually in game anyways.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
This discussion has been closed.