Options

Modern Warfare 2: Out now! Removal of pants advised.

• Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm not going to be one of the "OMG I AM SO OFFENDED"people.....but c'mon. Couldn't we have just had a cutscene there? there are many other ways that could have been presented better than the route they chose to go. I think the game is amazing thus far but I'm just kinda disappointed in that design choice.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's probably the first time I've heard someone ask for something to be done by cutscene rather than playing it.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'll admit, the "scene" got to me more playing it than it did watching it.
    What got me even more is *STORY SPOILERS*
    When you first start playing in Northern Virginia, because this is where I live. As I play, I'm looking around and realizing this is my home state, this is where shit is going down, and if this were real, I would probably be dead right now. It's surprisingly shocking.

YardGnome on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Zephos wrote: »
    anyone care to spoiler what this "offensive mission" business is all about?

SPOILERS

LIKE SERIOUS FUCKING SPOILERS IF YOU DON'T KNOW
    You play an undercover operative that's infiltrated the enemy's terrorist outfit. You walk into a Russian airport with automatic weapons and gun down hundreds of civilians, then the police that come to stop you after you've taken out the whole airport.
    i dont get why you dont just kill the terrorist guy instead of killing hundreds of civilians. i mean whatever, its a game. but still... him and all his buddies are standing in front of you and youve got this huge machine gun...

also, why did i resist playing COD4 for so long? this game is really damn fun.

edit: also i suck terribly at multiplayer. like just so much.
    Probably so it doesnt seem like a direct attack from the US on the crazy ass Russian guys. Thatd be bad since when at the end of the mission he kills you they obviously already knew you were American. So thatd start shit when they wanted to infilatrate and gain trust. Just killing that one guy wouldnt have solved everything. If he did it wouldve set off a giant fuck you attack on us.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's probably the first time I've heard someone ask for something to be done by cutscene rather than playing it.

I never thought I'd be for something like this. But after playing that scene I really do feel it would have been better. All you need to do is establish that this is the bad guy and this is why.

I mean, it's over now. I played it, and the game went on to be amazing. But in hindsight it really seems unnecessary.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh. My. God.

I just started playing and the textures in the Playstation 3 version are...hideous. Like, way, WAY worse than MW1 on the 360/PS3. Some textures look right out of the PS1 generation/early PS2. It's staggeringly piss poor at times.

Really should've waited for the Steam release. :cry:

Darlan on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man the Spec ops missions are so good. I've rarely had this much fun with an FPS. The claymore and predator drone one was so much fun.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also:

jesusmw2.jpg

This is at four in the morning, my time.

Tomorrow is going to be insane.

YardGnome on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also my flatmate got the game working, he is very happy with it thus far.

Edit: He is playing it on PC. The lack of dedicated servers actually doesn't seem too bad, but there is a clear zero ping advantage that really shows.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I wish now that I would have went to the midnight release. Get to sit here for four hours waiting now.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sainsburys still the best at £26, Or has Morrisons beat or matched that?

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had a quick search online, and it turns out i'm not the only person who is having a problem with trophies. I found claims that while patched on 1.1 some people can't unlock trophies, but when they roll back it's fixed.

-sigh-

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Is it all of them you jeeerks. Or just select stores. If select is the Cambridge branch one of them? I googled but it didn't help much.

Leitner on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haikira wrote: »
    I had a quick search online, and it turns out i'm not the only person who is having a problem with trophies. I found claims that while patched on 1.1 some people can't unlock trophies, but when they roll back it's fixed.

-sigh-

everything i read about it said that it had to do with the patch and it being before the official release date. i saw some people saying that if you set the time forward on your ps3 it would work, or if you delete the patch it would work. my trophies have been working fine since i started playing at 12:30 or so, personally.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Leitner wrote: »

Is it all of them you jeeerks. Or just select stores. If select is the Cambridge branch one of them? I googled but it didn't help much.

Not sure. I rang Morrisons now and apparently there is a queue at the tech booth, which bodes well. Also a quick google search apparently turns up £25.99 for Morrisons.

Gonna head down now and see, hopefully they wont be sold out when I get there.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    my motherfucking charged battery pack died out real fast on me tonight, only got like 3 hours of multi play in. gonna have to buy a cord tomorrow i guess.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Haikira wrote: »

-sigh-

everything i read about it said that it had to do with the patch and it being before the official release date. i saw some people saying that if you set the time forward on your ps3 it would work, or if you delete the patch it would work. my trophies have been working fine since i started playing at 12:30 or so, personally.

Cheers for the tips, but both of them didn't work. I think i'll just wipe all the MW2 files after i complete the campaign.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bluh. 11:40pm. no idea why i'm at wal-mart waiting to buy one. i'd say there's like 30 people waiting in line here

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ArgonomicArgonomic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just started playing and the textures in the Playstation 3 version are...hideous. Like, way, WAY worse than MW1 on the 360/PS3. Some textures look right out of the PS1 generation/early PS2. It's staggeringly piss poor at times.

They should be considerably better than MW1. Could you take some screen caps so I can see if something is going wrong on your ps3?

PS3 trophy patch is coming.

PC Players: Send me a PM if bad things happen.

Thanks.

Argonomic on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I gave in, I couldn't help it. Should have an overpriced game later, CANNOT WAIT.

Snare on
  • Options
    PhotonPhoton Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Got this at midnight, played for 2 hours before bed, and now Im at work, this is going to be a looooooong day D:

Photon on
    PSN: photon_86
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Snare wrote: »
    I gave in, I couldn't help it. Should have an overpriced game later, CANNOT WAIT.

Sell out.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finished the story.

My thoughts (SPOILERS):
    It was quite short, but I still had a lot of fun.

The airport scene largely left me speechless (probably would have had more impact if I didn't know about it, thanks a lot internet.) The hardest part was when those guys with riot shields turned up and I didn't have much choice but to join in.

Riot shields are fucking awesome, I love the visual and audio effect when you're deflecting a hail of bullets, it's quite intense.

I guess all the people who claimed that Price was still alive were right after all.

I loved the joke at Microsoft's expense when you're loading the data, very clever.

Roach :(

Enjoyed the final showdown, I was expecting a similar ending to to COD 4, and I was not let down. I'm sure any Fridge Logic moments will pop up tomorrow, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Had a couple of MP matches too, very impressed so far. I'll probably do some more before I go to bed.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    41956602.jpg

^Me getting MW2 on the 360 for £24.09

LewieP on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also:

707743737_9t9ZR-L.jpg

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    so whats the pc multiplayer situation like?

deadlydorito on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Argonomic wrote: »

They should be considerably better than MW1. Could you take some screen caps so I can see if something is going wrong on your ps3?

PS3 trophy patch is coming.

PC Players: Send me a PM if bad things happen.

Thanks.

Lens of Truth / Kotaku says they are the same as the 360 ones

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    TBH, while they were much better than CoD2, I always thought the texture work was a bit low res and blocky in MW1.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    geeeEEEEeez. got at wal-mart 11:40pm like I said. about 25 people there. started selling at 12:01, bought a system bundle and left around 12:10, there were about 40 people in line behind me. they were also handing out the monster shots, but I didn't get one :(

and lol i think i heard some ooohs and aaahs in the background as people noticed I was buying the bundle

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    come on pc users, especially aussies... is it teh lagzor??

deadlydorito on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've only played cod2, no others. My mw2 elite bundle gets here tommorow. I hope this game lives up to the hype, and amazon delivers my package AFTER I go to work, heh. If it comes early, I could feel a cold com g down.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hmmmm when booting my xbox does the woosh noise but at the end instead of the beep it goes bzzt. :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Damn it Lewie you beat me to it.

Also my local Morrisons (Blackburn) still had loads left, becuase when everyone was calling for prices yesterday they were quoting RRP of £55, they only lowered it today.

So if youre still on the fence, go get it!

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    am i the only one with patience to load the game onto the HD before playing? I bought this 250gb hard drive gosh i'm going to use it

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    am i the only one with patience to load the game onto the HD before playing? I bought this 250gb hard drive gosh i'm going to use it

I'm installing now.

Quite excited.

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    so whats the pc multiplayer situation like?

I don't think any PC users have actually bought it yet... we're all logged onto forums asking each other what the multiplayer is like.

Grenn on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone know of good sites (like the ones mentioned in the savygamer article) that export internationally? Currencies at the moment mean that I can import from England for less than half the Aussie retail price, but every place I know seems to have jacked up its price for CoD.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »

I'm in the same boat as you. Upgrading from a 20gb release HD to the 250gb elite, I'm definately installing! How long does it take? This will be my first game installed to the HD. I don't know what I'm looking forward to more at this point, mw2, or the hard drive so I can dowload femos again besides all my rockband dlc lol!

Tommatt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Just completed the campaign in pretty much one sitting, which explains my headache. Campaign was pretty awesome. Though is it just me, or is normal mode much harder this time around?

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i dont care about how the servers ar ehosted or anything, as long as i can play lag free like before ill be happy :D.
    Thats the whole point of IWnet rite?

deadlydorito on
This discussion has been closed.