Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADLands] It's Glossolalia's first birthday today!

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    sick bioware burn

Squall on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haha, oh DE?AD

Also DE?AD not sure if you missed it but Husc and whoever follows him is heading for the parking lot.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    VIDEO

GAME

JOKES

I did miss it. I've only been paying half-attention to Mayfield, I'll admit.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I guess that makes Mayfield the semi-special, less loved child.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    CRABBY opens and closes its storage hatch rapidly

>Imitate CLAM to establish REPORT

Squall on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    CRABBY follow me goddamnit.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the two alpha robots should order conflicting things and cause massive hardware failure

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    man I am trying to my character interaction on

right now most of our group is kind of 'ho hum oh who are you well lets just follow each other'

Squall on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Goddamn, why is there always a flurry of posts when I'm out for the day? Though I'm not sure if it'll do any good at this point:

Third Heat

The Ocean King leans over a makeshift desk constructed from some artfully arranged raider corpses, furiously scribbling on a pepsi-stained piece of paper. Some chicken-scratch up at the top looks like an attempt at writing from someone who had only heard of writing second-hand.

However, a quick glance at the rest of the parchment reveals it to be some sort of schematic. Though it leans a little less toward Frank Gehry and a little more towards crude stick-figures, it appears as though the conqueror has managed to envision a fairly sturdy and easy to construct wall, which he sends via Wolf over to the Hangedman, who seems to have taken over as overseer for the project.

He then glances up at Irmin, "I saw, what it was, you were doing with my vassals. It is good! But, you go about it all wrong! They do not need to spar now! Set them up in ranks, like a proper army. Drill them until dusk, I can show you some routines."

Essentially I'm going to use Master Planner to bump up the rolls for the construction of a wall and the training of the diners. I figure a montage would be useful here.

Also:
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Quick question,

Would I be able to use intimidate to inflict social wounds in combat?

e: or bruises?

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, when you think about it the apocalypse happened just the other day. It's not too unusually for a ragtag team of desperate people who have the same goal to team up without too much deep relationships between them, at least from the get go.

These things grow. Of course, I don't mind argh-pee at all. I just don't want Mayfield to get left too far behind and even DE?AD's not paying that much attention because we're sort of just sitting around.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh and DE?AD I asked about robots being mutants, because the Ad doesn't specifically say they can't be mutants, only psychers.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    mayfield has the most ragtag team

Shabooty on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Watch]
    Sticks ignores the temptation to punch the crazy-driving spider mutant.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dusty's pretty much your craftsmen for metalworking

that one rank in profession: fabricator goes a long way

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    VI you make a good point, I just want a little character interaction before we all trudge forward. Things are moving just as slow in Mayfield now as they were in the other campaigns when there wasn't any action.

Squall on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [The Third Heat]
    R.B. looks rather disconcerted, like something has just ruined his immersion in the role-playing experience. He recovers quickly however, and pats Leo on the shoulder sympathetically. "Saargh."
    He digs in a jean pocket with a finger, pulling out a couple of old, slightly mashed bottle caps and a twist-tie. "Targle targ?"

de?ad, I would give you something were the balance of my debit account over five bucks right now

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Here's a couple new ads I tried to cook up

Cryoimmune [Robot/Mutant] [1]: Through reliable circuitry or an astonishing circulatory system, you can withstand exposure to temperatures as low as 100 K.

Out of the Frying Pan... [Robot/Mutant] [1]: You can take the heat. Temperatures up to 1000 K are no problem for you. Any hotter than that and you still get a slight burn though. Flame based damage only incurs bruises, not wounds.

I'm trying to think of some other benefit to put into the first one to balance the second one. Ideas?

Squall on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dancing Machine [4]: Your moves are out of this world. All onlookers must make a Mental roll equal to or greater than your Physical roll to avoid taking one point of Mental damage.
    this may be a joke

Antimatter on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch]

I carefully ignore the van's sudden transmutation, and instead try to enjoy the simple pleasure of riding around in a motor vehicle.

The sudden subneural connect/scan/disconnect worries me, the ticks are either someone doing something odd via the network or a problem with the connection, neither of which is pleasant to consider. I must still be logged on, is it impolite to be logged on all the time? I'll figure that out later I guess.

With the cold infringing on my sense of peace, I pull my jacket off my arm, and reach over to place it on the sleeping kid, Jimothy.

"Okay, the city seems a bit... different then it was before. I think if we head down Stacks street to Gophers, then take a right there and go all the way up to Palley's that should be about where the doctor lives. Unless you've got somewhere more important to be I mean." I consider how to make this side trip more palatable to the others, "he had biscuits and tea last time I was there."

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Hail To The Watch]

Jack leans against the side of the D+-Team van as he sits on the ground and waits for the rest of the team to finish their naps. Jack wonders if it's dangerous to wake people while they're sleepwalking or if that counts for all times people are asleep. Jack decides that it is best to err on the side of caution and lets them zzz.

And besides, he found a sweet book in the glove compartment. The Complete LETTER-Team Training Manual (vol 1). It's actually rather good, talking about how to shoot the ground around badguys, do barrel rolls in minivans, and describing ways that the common person may be able hire said teams, provided said person has a problem, nobody else can help, and they can find them.

Good stuff!
    And there's diagrams!

All this info plus the events of the last few hours have really been an education.

Hmm
    It's actually quite nice under this glacier. Serene, really.

Itchy, though. Jack reaches around to scratch his backlegs. These things have been itching up a storm lately.
    What's with these things anyway, it's not like you fuckers are useful

Jack sighs as he finishes the manual. He sets it beside him and closes his eyes.

Ugh this place is too smelly and ominous-sounding to get any sleep. How do these guys do it?

Jack looks over to Jimothy and Styx
    Shame about his arm, kid took one for the team on that one, hell of a raw deal. And that robot's probably not going to be fond of crowds for a while

and these FUCKING legs are itching the SHIT out of me

ah well, no use sitting around all day

Jack opens his eyes and reaches for the manual to put it back in the glove compartment. Someone else might want to read it! How considerate he is.

But Jack's hand hits rock and concrete. Huh weird. He looks around himself, under the van, and checks his kit. Hm, it's gone.

Jack stands up and checks around. The manual is definitely gone. For a second Jack thinks he can make out a faint green shimmer where he believed he'd put it.... but no... no it's not there.

The legs on Jack's back tingle and shudder.

Like fucking dowsing rods for DICK ALL

Suddenly a tear from Jack's back sounds across his senses. Pain crosses Jack's mind as he falls forward onto the concrete.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Jack lays still until his back stops throbbing. He raises himself up slowly.
    That hurt like a BITCH what the HELL was that?

Jack realizes he is not using his arms.
    shit shit shit shit shit

Jack looks around and races over to an unbroken window to check his reflection. On the way he has a district lack of feeling of movement from his legs.

Jack approaches the window and stares at his reflection. He sighs and lowers the bandana from his face.

"oh"

"super"

JackHelical2.png

Jack Helical gains:

Wall-Crawler [Robot/Mutant][1]
    (Profession : Soldier of Fortune) [1]

Raneados on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's fucking awesome.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And then Jack was the spiders

Raneados on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cool dude

god I need to figure out what to spend my points on

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cool dude

god I need to figure out what to spend my points on

waitwaitwait

we get points?!

how many?

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »

B]Mission Accomplish![/B
    Grade: D+
    Deaths: 0 (1)
    Kills: 1
    Time: 3 Hours
    Reward: 2 Ad Points
    Ads Unlocked:

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    FUCKYEA

GONNA DO THIS LATER, THOUGH

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am ashamed and in awe with how much better Rane is at this than me.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    And then Jack was the spiders

Hold up a sec.

Rane are you gonna pull a Brundle on us?

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i don't know what a brundle is

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i don't know what a brundle is

Jeff Goldblum in "The Fly"

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    maybe if I get more ad points/something happens I will get even more horrifying

it'll be an adventure

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    maybe if I get more ad points/something happens I will get even more horrifying

it'll be an adventure

D:D:D:D:D:

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cecil screams cause he knows what Jack will be.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    diggin the character dev, rane

Squall on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ooh I just thought up an AD!
    Sonic Boom[1] You yell really loud and everything in a 15ft. radius with ears drops to its knees in pain. One mental wound(bruise?)

eh? EH?

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    drops to its feet?

also

2jeus01.png

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh hell cowboy dan is in a wheelchair?

i have to draw a wheelchair

oh no!

Raneados on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ooh I just thought up an AD!
    Sonic Boom[1] You yell really loud and everything in a 15ft. radius with ears drops to its knees in pain. One mental wound(bruise?)

eh? EH?

I don't think auto-damage is going to be allowed.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    aw fuck how did I miss that

YOU HAPPY NOW RANE!?

god dammit theres something underneath the N key on this keyboard and its super annoying

SONIC BOOM wouldn't be able to tell friend/foe so one of you would have to chuck me like a grenade!

eh? EH? EEHHHH?!

E: >:[

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i dunno i don't think de?ad will go for possible friendly fire

Raneados on
This discussion has been closed.