We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

[Chat] Dog Man

• NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow, that was quite possibly the most painful sneeze ever.

Nocturne on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I always liked the idea of alarm triggered smoke and strobe systems.

Dye systems like some places use for safes are pretty cool as well.

japan on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Did you suck up a ball?

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    It isn't illegal in "most places"

It isn't here, at all

And in the US as someone said you'd get harassed by the police for it probly, but bump keys are not illegal

Bump keys are illegal in many states. Texas isn't one of them but almost all lockpicking tools fall under that.
    Do you guys do custom security systems?

Like, say I wanted a system to not only alert me of intruders, but also to spray them with glue and feathers.

Not stuff like that at all. But I did have the plans for a PTZ head mounted BB gun. I stole the trigger mechanism from the guy running the online hunting site. Management did not approve.

There are states where unauthorized entry into property you don't own by means of a device that is specifically designed to facilitate swift and efficient illegal entry is legal?

Alecthar on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Is it a monitored system? If the answer is yes, then tell the monitoring company first. If the answer is no, then the easiest method would be to cut the wires to the external bell box first. Usually those don't have a backup, but double check. After that you just disconnect the battery from the panel and then cut the power. If it's a monitored system, it can get a little more complicated.

It's not a monitored system, those aren't actually all that common in the UK (for residences, at least). People live close enough together that someone is going to check it out if an alarm goes off.

Then just cut the power to the bell. Most likely it's powered by the panel so it should just be one set of wires running to it. And then take down the panel. You most likely won't be able to program it at all.

Thomamelas on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Chanus wrote: »

Did you suck up a ball?

:?:

Edit: OOOOOOOooooooooohh. No, thankfully.

Nocturne on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Put one in a warehouse and confuse the shit out of rave kids.

Chanus on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

Hmn?
    *cuddle attack*

why is life booey

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was going to stay until 630, but when two supervisors in an hour can't be bothered to even try to do their jobs, I'm done.
    _J_ wrote: »
    Ok, two girls. Girl A, Girl B.

Girl A thinks Girl B is evil.
    Girl B thinks Girl A is evil.

I KNOW that girl A is evil.

From this can I derive whether or not girl B is evil?

stalin-and-hitler.jpg

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Alecthar wrote: »

I'm going to say yes, because if Girl A is evil, and sees Girl Bs behavior as evil, it's possible that this means that Girl B is making reasonably good decisions. Additionally, Girl B's correct assumption of Girl A's evil is a further indicator that her reasoning skills are sound.

All told, Girl B sounds like a very non-evil potential mate.

This sounds reasonable. Girl A is good and can identify evil and evil hates her good.

The difficulty I have is in discerning whether or not these girls think the other is evil because they have identified "she does what I do; so she is evil".

So there IS a chance that girl A is not evil. Hmm. I need more information.

_J_ on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

The one time in 100 you get an epileptic burglar makes it all worth it.

Starcross on
  • Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    I really should get motivated and see if there's a Toronto urban expo group.

There is, they meet monthly

See, I figured there was!

I've yet to go to a meeting.

I am, however, lucky enough that my town had big industry sucked out of it by force of being smack dab between cities with much larger industry. I particularly like the old foundry.

Phil G. on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Hmn?
    *cuddle attack*

why is life booey

*hug counter attack*

Because you keep refusing my advances.

Passerbye on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There are states where unauthorized entry into property you don't own by means of a device that is specifically designed to facilitate swift and efficient illegal entry is legal?

No, but there are states in which possession of a bump key or picks is. Many states however have statues that make possession of lockpicks by anyone other then a licensed locksmith a crime.

Thomamelas on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There's realtivelty few abandoned buildings, there's mostly all kinds of underground stuff that no-one really knows what is and construction sites

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Whenever I hear the terms "urban exploration" or "guerilla art", I want to punch everyone I see wearing a headband.

I saw some kids "doing Parkour" when I went to visit Halifax this summer.

It was a thing.

You went to Hali??

Yah it was my vacation this year. Took the Cat ferry up to Yarnouth from Bar Harbor Maine.

:shock: Dear god you most likely drove right by my hometown! Dear god, it would appear that people can actually come up this way. Guess I better watch what I say from now on.

In all seriousness how was your vacation up here?

I liked it a whole lot. Halifax is a lovely city. A lot of hills and people were pretty nice all around. You Nova Scotians have funny accents that are like a hybrid of Irish and Canuck. The public gardens are nice.

I thought it was strange how many 19 year-olds were fucking panhandling (aggressively!). For the most part in the US our panhandlers are, like, washed-lout wrecks of humanity and mind-addled veterans and such.

Yarmouth was kind of a dump. It was really foggy when I was there and it reminded me of a Lovecraft story. Like all the Canadians were going to mill about my window after dark and murmur Dagon.

Canadian food is bland and has too much bacon, gravy and maple syrup on everything.

I stopped by some maritime town on the way back. The one that is famous for the Bluenose? It was cute and quaint but I cannot imagine living somewhere like that.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nerissa wrote: »

Are we playing Phalla?

The old "vote for the fellow mafia member in case I die so it makes them look innocent" gambit, AHA!

until the OTHER mafia group takes you out because you're acting like a good special (my very first Phalla death ever)

Nerissa on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I was referring to the interest rate on your condo, dude, not your savings account. :P

I assume you've maxed out your matching contribution towards your 401k?
    Yeah I max out matching and contribute another 2% or 4%.

My mortgage is 5 1/8% fixed. Pretty good rate.
    Given that your interest is tax-deductible, you're almost certainly going to be way better off putting your money into retirement instead of dumping it into your condo mortgage (which is really probably 3.5% interest, when you consider the tax savings). Frankie is in school? Have you guys considered getting married? I think you'd get some pretty serious tax advantages out of it.
    Frankie's not in school. She just doesn't make much money so I end up taking care of most of the expenses. She pays the cable, power and gas.
    You could still see some serious tax advantages out of getting married if there's a considerable income discrepancy there. Do you have an accountant or financial planner, man?

Thanatos on
    edited November 2009
    too much bacon, gravy and maple syrup on everything.

This is a nonsense statement.

Chanus on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

No, but there are states in which possession of a bump key or picks is. Many states however have statues that make possession of lockpicks by anyone other then a licensed locksmith a crime.

Huh. Learning something new everyday and all that I guess.

Alecthar on
    edited November 2009
    Starcross wrote: »

Some people fit them in high-end cars (without strobe) so that the car can't be driven away.

japan on
    edited November 2009

Hmn?
    *cuddle attack*

why is life booey

*hug counter attack*

*Snuggle parry*

is that really all it takes to produce sunshine and butterflies

Hakkekage on
    edited November 2009

Some people fit them in high-end cars (without strobe) so that the car can't be driven away.

It would also fuck with a CCTV system if you have it in place.

Thomamelas on
    edited November 2009
    Me and a friend found a way to potentionally steal money from banks risk-free. The system sucks.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    You could still see some serious tax advantages out of getting married if there's a considerable income discrepancy there. Do you have an accountant or financial planner, man?

I don't - really just haven't looked into one and whenever I consider it I kind of get bleh about it because apparenly there are so many sources of really bad advice from financial planners. Do you know of any reliable firms that would be appropriate for my income bracket?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2009

Hmn?
    *cuddle attack*

why is life booey

*hug counter attack*

*Snuggle parry*

Stop it you two you are giving me a bellyache.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Speaking from personal experience? No.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    *Snuggle parry*

I wish.

You just need better self-esteem and more freedom from your sillypants family. I'm sure a cute boy wouldn't hurt either.

Passerbye on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I'm going to say yes, because if Girl A is evil, and sees Girl Bs behavior as evil, it's possible that this means that Girl B is making reasonably good decisions. Additionally, Girl B's correct assumption of Girl A's evil is a further indicator that her reasoning skills are sound.

All told, Girl B sounds like a very non-evil potential mate.

This sounds reasonable. Girl A is good and can identify evil and evil hates her good.

The difficulty I have is in discerning whether or not these girls think the other is evil because they have identified "she does what I do; so she is evil".

Well or Girl A is simply a hypocrite and believes girl B is evil for the same things girl A pulls. Or Girl B is simply a different kind of evil.

HappylilElf on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I logged into my BofA account, and saw on the list of accounts $181,106. For a split second I thought I was rich. Then I looked to the left on the screen and realized they'd just finally gotten around to adding my mortgage to my BofA account screen.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited November 2009

Stop it you two you are giving me a bellyache.

Wait until i actually punch you in the belly

Hakkekage on
    edited November 2009
    If we find that that plan is impossible, we can atleast order new cell phone plans to the prime minister until he fixes this

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    In fact, Evil Girls are quick to recognize their own, to draw attention away from themselves.

Silas Brown on
    edited November 2009

It would also fuck with a CCTV system if you have it in place.

Where I've seen them they tend to be concentrated in specific areas. Like a warehouse will have them surrounding security cages for high value stock to make it much more difficult to figure out how to gain entrance to it quickly.

japan on
    edited November 2009
    I logged into my BofA account, and saw on the list of accounts $181,106. For a split second I thought I was rich. Then I looked to the left on the screen and realized they'd just finally gotten around to adding my mortgage to my BofA account screen.

I did this exact thing after I set up my mortgage.

japan on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

There is also another possibility.

Both girls engage in behaviors that are evil.

However, neither girl sees the consequences of her own behavior. Furthermore, neither girl sees the causes of the other girl's behavior.

Consequently, each girl engages in actions that they believe are for good reasons without seeing the negative repercussions. However, each one does see the negative repercussions of the other's behavior. Therefore, they identify each other as evil without recognizing the similar tendencies in themselves.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited November 2009
    *Snuggle parry*

I wish.

You just need better self-esteem and more freedom from your sillypants family. I'm sure a cute boy wouldn't hurt either.

whinging within, click at peril
    jew tried to hide behind a post when i got off the bus today (he was waiting for it)

:? i wasn't gonna talk to him and now i'm just upset because I am apparently so much of a crazy I have this effect on people

[tiny]rubbing drunken snot and tears on his shirt would be a good reason to avoid me of course[/tiny]

Hakkekage on
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Phil Collins is the shit, you guys need to go check out this vid I found of clapton and collins, great shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krA-MArKly4

weather man bob on
    edited November 2009
    For fun I found out how to pass through a CCTV surveilled parking house armed only with large stickers

it would be really cool especially since some of these swivel around, meaning we'd have to time it ocean's eleven style

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.