We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

[Chat] Dog Man

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, I'm retarded. It was from Venture Brothers.

Winky on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    F-f-f-fried pepperoni? Whaaaat?

Inquisitor on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Kabob? Christ I know some of the folks in Halifax are dense but that's new to me. It's pretty much what you guys call a gyro if I recall correctly only it has a different sauce and you can get spicy pepperoni on it as well as onions, tomatoes and that sort of stuff. Yeah, poutine, while it is Canadian is only truly enjoyed in Quebec I guess.

Did you have Keith's or Moosehead at all? Both of those are made in Halifax, that and some of the pubs downtown have micro-breweries that aren't as well known but have some pretty awesome suds. Labatts is sort of our "cheap" brand around here.

Keith's was all right. The whole Red beer thing was all right. I was not so wild about Moosehead - it reminds me of bland Heineken for some reason. I went to a few of the microbreweries. Rogues' Roost was good. There was a little upscale lounge called Minstrels that was nice as well. Also a hotel restaurant called Sage I think.

I did really like the local L'Acadie Blanc white wine. It was tart and dry and delicious. Perfect for warm weather.

Maybe I am wrong about the kabob part. I think I am confusing that iwth a friend in California who likes donair kabob. I like gyro and would probably like donair as well, though the Canadian fascination with pepperoni (including fried pepperoni!) is strange to me.

Pan-fried pepperoni is great. Cook it and have a little honey mustard on the side and...*drools*

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    will, doner kebab is fan fucking tastic and i have half a mind to smack you

*high five*

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    herr Jones

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah but J you seem to attribute moaning to manipulation because "she may be faking" so I don't trust your definition

True. However, consider the following statement / question and the three possible replies.

Guy: I like you. I would like to date you. Would you like to date me?

A) Yes
    B) No
    C) I am not ready to date right now, I am taking time off from dating in order to find myself and work on some things in my own life. But, in the future I might want to date you and I can see that working. For the moment, however, I just want friendships.

To me, C seems to be vaguely evil or, at least, open to the interpretation of its being evil.

I have put forth a great amount of effort to make my intentions to date known to this girl and to try and enforce those intentions through action. She seems to be containing all of this intention to "things friends do" without focusing upon future implications towards dating or exclusivity. So if I help her grade tests, give her backrubs, cook dinner with her, or snuggle with her we each seem to have different interpretations:

Her - These are fun things friends do.
    Me - These are fun things individuals who are interested in dating do.

So, within this particular context, in discerning whether or not this girl is "evil" my question regards the true meaning to C. Is that a verbose way of saying "no" or a way of maintaining the utility she gets out of this relationship by feigning an interest in me?

I think she is interested to some degree. She does not hate me; she likes hanging out with me. But with regard to the question of futurity she can offer no solid answer except "I am not ready to date". Which is fine; I am willing to wait. But I really do not want to wait three months only to get a call one day from her saying "I found a hot guy; fuck you."

That would be shitty and EVIL.

If she will not give a yes or no I would like some means of discerning the degree to which the reply she gives is evil.

_J_ on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the sauce is made from evaporated milk, sugar, vinegar, and garlic

Uh huh....

japan on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Hmn, should probably eat something.

So little to choose from, though.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the dining hall after i finish outlining this chapter

on the one hand, i'm hungry

on the other, i may over eat

on the other other hand, holy shit i have 3 hands

If you eat slowly then you'll feel full faster and end up eating less.

Passerbye on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    japan wrote: »
    How would you eat donner except in a kebab?

A Donner Kebab is what you eat when your group of immigrant families gets their covered wagons trapped by a snowstorm in the Sierra Nevadas.

You guys are thinking of Döner. That's spit-roasted lamb, which you eat on a kebab or in gyros

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited November 2009
    the sauce is made from evaporated milk, sugar, vinegar, and garlic

Uh huh....

It's delicious! Seriously it's something you should try.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Ah, you stopped in Lunenburg. It's on the south shore of the province. I grew up in Annapolis Royal which is right by the Bay of Fundy and about 2 hours from Halifax. Yarmouth is a dump. Nobody really likes it there. I've only been there twice myself.

I hear the Bay of Fundy was cool but we were too hung over most of the time to get our shit together enough to actually drive somewhere.

I walked around the boardwalk looking at the cruise ship and some townie kid was trying to pull some kind of strange scam on me and Frankie. I think he was just trying to sell a tour one of his buddies did, but he kept insisting that he was from New York even though he knew nothing about New York and talked like a fucking leprechaun.

It's a better drive on the New Brunswick side but if you drove down past Digby you could see it really well. They do whale watching there in the summer and it's quite a sight to behold.

Sadly Halifax has had a bit of a problem over the past couple of years with teens beating up folks in the downtown area. Swarming's become a concern and now they've got...fuck if I can remember the name of them. Some group that they have in Boston or something that wear red commando hats or something stupid like that.

Guardian Angels? Those people are such a joke.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Yeah but J you seem to attribute moaning to manipulation because "she may be faking" so I don't trust your definition

True. However, consider the following statement / question and the three possible replies.

A) Yes
    B) No
    C) I am not ready to date right now, I am taking time off from dating in order to find myself and work on some things in my own life. But, in the future I might want to date you and I can see that working. For the moment, however, I just want friendships.

To me, C seems to be vaguely evil or, at least, open to the interpretation of its being evil.

I have put forth a great amount of effort to make my intentions to date known to this girl and to try and enforce those intentions through action. She seems to be containing all of this intention to "things friends do" without focusing upon future implications towards dating or exclusivity. So if I help her grade tests, give her backrubs, cook dinner with her, or snuggle with her we each seem to have different interpretations:

Her - These are fun things friends do.
    Me - These are fun things individuals who are interested in dating do.

So, within this particular context, in discerning whether or not this girl is "evil" my question regards the true meaning to C. Is that a verbose way of saying "no" or a way of maintaining the utility she gets out of this relationship by feigning an interest in me?

I think she is interested to some degree. She does not hate me; she likes hanging out with me. But with regard to the question of futurity she can offer no solid answer except "I am not ready to date". Which is fine; I am willing to wait. But I really do not want to wait three months only to get a call one day from her saying "I found a hot guy; fuck you."

That would be shitty and EVIL.

If she will not give a yes or no I would like some means of discerning the degree to which the reply she gives is evil.

Force her to say yes. Next time, ask this question: "If I were to ask you on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?"

Premier kakos on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Man, fake black dude. Fake black dude!

Like wiggerness, but awesome.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

A Donner Kebab is what you eat when your group of immigrant families get their covered wagon get trapped by a snowstorm in the Sierra Nevadas.

You guys are thinking of Döner. Which you eat on a kebab or in gyros.

:lol:

Nocturne on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

A Donner Kebab is what you eat when your group of immigrant families get their covered wagon get trapped by a snowstorm in the Sierra Nevadas.

You guys are thinking of Döner. Which you eat on a kebab or in gyros.

Meh. Regional spellings. Here I always see it spelled as donner or doner.

japan on
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

A) Yes
    B) No

HAhaHAAHahaHaHaHa WHAT?

get help.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »

What?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    J...

Oh J.

I worry about you.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2009
    It's a better drive on the New Brunswick side but if you drove down past Digby you could see it really well. They do whale watching there in the summer and it's quite a sight to behold.

Sadly Halifax has had a bit of a problem over the past couple of years with teens beating up folks in the downtown area. Swarming's become a concern and now they've got...fuck if I can remember the name of them. Some group that they have in Boston or something that wear red commando hats or something stupid like that.

Guardian Angels? Those people are such a joke.[/QUOTE]

*snaps fingers* That was it. Thank you. Yes, they are considered a joke here as well. Basically all the ones that joined are the types of people who failed their military tests for violent tendencies or figure they are at par with the police. *eyeroll*

Gonmun on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man I'm reinstalling AVG
    avirafail.jpg

TL DR on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the idea of J dating amuses me

what is this hoo-man affection?

Pony on
    edited November 2009

What?

DeaconBlues. White guy.

As far as I'm concerned this will never stop being funny.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    J...

Oh J.

I worry about you.

I don't. I worry more about the world due to his continued existence.

Premier kakos on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Maybe I am wrong about the kabob part. I think I am confusing that iwth a friend in California who likes donair kabob. I like gyro and would probably like donair as well, though the Canadian fascination with pepperoni (including fried pepperoni!) is strange to me.

Pan-fried pepperoni is great. Cook it and have a little honey mustard on the side and...*drools*

Man it just sounds awful. Frankie was fascinated with it because she loves honey-mustard but she's still not eating red meat and was really hung up about her diet when we were there anyways.

I hate honey-mustard and fried pepperoni just sounds like too much to me.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2009

A) Yes
    B) No

HAhaHAAHahaHaHaHa WHAT?

get help.

I was always under the impression that C was basically a girl's way to politely reject a guy.

But that could just be me.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

What?

DeaconBlues. White guy.

Because African heritage gives the impression of credibility on a host of issues that DB has terrible opinions on.

TL DR on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    how is that evil

how

how

what

evil

fffffffffffff

dude, that is just normal goddamn human bounded rationality and inability to know the future and she is just hedging her bets on this one

also her concept of what behavior means is understandably not going to line up with yours

EVIL it is not, bitchy maybe, indecisive definitely, overly cautious perhaps, evil, no

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited November 2009
    the Guardian Angels tried to start up a chapter in my hometown

it did not go over well with the regional police, who said outright that they would classify them as a gang and bust them under regional laws about "gang colors"

so they never ended up setting up their chapter

Pony on
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
    edited November 2009

Are you going off on Sammy Sosa?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    J she's not evil she's just being honest with you. Not everything is as simple as 'yes' or 'no' when you're dealing with human beings.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2009

What?

DeaconBlues. White guy.

It was pretty obvious. The guy was arguing as to why you shouldn't vote for Obama and then suddenly he's black?

Winky on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh, I'm retarded. It was from Venture Brothers.

Waaait a minute! You guys are nazis, aren't you!?

Silas Brown on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

What?

DeaconBlues. White guy.

Wait... what?

How did you find this out?

Nerissa on
    edited November 2009
    Johnny 5 is ALIVE!!!!

091110-wheelchair-03.jpg

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i mean goddamn my mind is exploded and dripping off walls and shit i can see my amygdala

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    J she's not evil she's just being honest with you. Not everything is as simple as 'yes' or 'no' when you're dealing with human beings.

bleep bloop

does not compute

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2009
    Nerissa wrote: »

What?

DeaconBlues. White guy.

Wait... what?

How did you find this out?

SE++, where awesome happens.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited November 2009
    i mean goddamn my mind is exploded and dripping off walls and shit i can see my amygdala

I find that highly unlikely.

Winky on
    edited November 2009
    J is doing that thing that kids with Asperger's do

where they don't understand social interactions and verbal cues and therefore just assume a person is being malicious towards them.

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.