Options

Playstation Store - NA: Valkyria Chronicles 2, Castle Crash PAL: Alien Breed, FM3

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TurboGuard wrote: »
    Kainy wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    So, it is possible to do the following:

1. Buy a PSN game on my account on my PS3.
    2. Go to a friend's house where there is a different PS3.
    3. Log into that PS3 and the PSN Store with my account.
    4. Download and play the game I bought in step 1.

I'm planning on getting the SP game and I hang out with some friends who want to play it on Fridays. I'd rather not move the gathering and my PS3 if possible.

That should work just fine. This is how people share games with other people. You get 5 activations, and (except for Final Fight: Double Impact) you can play the game on either console as long as your account is on both. You don't even have to be logged in to play it on your friends console - just have your account on there, log in as you, download it, and then your friend can play whenever he wants on his own account. Like I said, just make sure you leave your account on his PS3.

Also this violates the PSN Terms of Use, so keep it on the down-low.

Found this out the hard way.

Source for this?

Please reconfirm this. I was about to share some PS1 Classics this way.

I'm pretty sure Sony's stance on that hasn't changed at all. In fact, Jack Tretton encouraged it.

So no, game sharing won't get you banned.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    PrincepeachPrincepeach Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'm planning on getting the SP game and I hang out with some friends who want to play it on Fridays. I'd rather not move the gathering and my PS3 if possible.

That should work just fine. This is how people share games with other people. You get 5 activations, and (except for Final Fight: Double Impact) you can play the game on either console as long as your account is on both. You don't even have to be logged in to play it on your friends console - just have your account on there, log in as you, download it, and then your friend can play whenever he wants on his own account. Like I said, just make sure you leave your account on his PS3.

Source for this?

Please reconfirm this. I was about to share some PS1 Classics this way.

Yeah, there's the jack tretton thing, and i've been an unrepentant "sharer" for years. I don't know how they could even tell which PS3s you have regular access to. I mean, they give you 5 "licenses" and are incredibly anal about deactivating systems, so I don't get why'd the punish you for using them.

Princepeach on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    C:TR > Mario Cart.
    Oh. And Scott Pilgrim is so bought.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Source for this?

I emailed them about getting an account activation removed from my friend's original generation PS3 that YLOD'd. They responded by saying that having your account activated on any PS3 not in your possession is against the TOS and can get your account banned.

Of course, that might just be a middle-level support person saying things that aren't true.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crash Team Racing?

CRASH TEAM RACING?!?!

YYESSSSS

Kami on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So does CTR hold up? I remember thinking it was amazing when it released.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the info.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, I forgot to mention, but Velmeran, I added you to the PSN ID list in the OP.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh neat, Pixeljunk Racers: 2nd Lap is free if you own the first Pixeljunk Racers. So buying that game wasn't a complete waste of time and money, thanks Q-Games. It's a PS+ exclusive for 2 weeks but it's not like I was dying to play it anyway.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thank you Darth_Mogs.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Mafia 2 demo is fantastic. If you haven't given it a try, you definitely should.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So, PAL Heads-up.
    PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

PlayStation Plus

* PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap (Plus subscriber 20% discount – £5.05/€6.49)

This content will be free if you already own the original version of PixelJunk Racers

Special Offers

(Available until the 18th of August)

* High Stakes on the Vegas Strip (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
    * Switchball (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
    * Section 8 (was – £19.99/€24.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
    * Flock (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
    * 1942: Joint Strike (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
    * Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon (PSP) (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
    * WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (PSP) (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £17.99/€21.99)
    * R-Type Tactics (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
    * Stellar Attack (mini) (was – £3.49/€3.99 now – £2.49/€2.99)

-(PS3) Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (£7.99/€9.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Mafia 2, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

-(PSP) Madden NFL 11 (£23.99/€29.99)
    -(PSP) Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (£19.99/€24.99)
    -(PSP) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (£15.99/€19.99)
    -(PSP) Bejewelled 2 (£6.29/€7.99)
    -(PSP) Playenglish (€26.99)

-(Minis) Fly Fu (£1.99/€2.49)
    -(Minis) Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter (£2.49/€2.99)

So, everybody on PSN gets the Scott Pilgrim love this week. Excellent.

Comic Store:
    * 2000AD Prog # 1692
    * Archie # 606
    * The Authority # 5
    * Bayou # 7
    @ * Bottle of Awesome # 3
    * Breathe # 2
    * Deadly # 2
    * DMZ # 17
    * Eternal Descent # 3
    * Ex Machina # 4
    * Fables # 19
    * Gen13 # 25
    @ * G.I. Joe # 19
    * Green Lantern: No Fear # 1
    * Growing Up Enchanted # 1
    * Hit Monkey (2010) # 1
    * Jonah Hex # 17
    * Justice League: Generation Lost # 7
    * Mickey Kid and Goofy Six Shots # 1 & # 2
    * Murder of King Tut # 2
    * Mystery Society # 2
    * Planetary # 6
    * Powers (2000) # 19 & # 20
    * Powers (2000): Annual # 100
    * Rockerduck and the Summer of Revenge
    * Safe Inside # 1
    * Scrooge McDuck and the Awesome Cradling Sand
    * Stormwatch PHD # 17
    * Venom: Dark Origin (2008) # 1 – # 5
    * Wildcats # 5
    * Wizards of Mickey II # 1
    * X-Mickey # 17
    * Y: The Last Man # 1 & # 2

So, I wonder if they're ever going to do more bundles.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh neat, Pixeljunk Racers: 2nd Lap is free if you own the first Pixeljunk Racers. So buying that game wasn't a complete waste of time and money, thanks Q-Games. It's a PS+ exclusive for 2 weeks but it's not like I was dying to play it anyway.

am i the only person in the world who loved pixeljunk racers? seems that way...

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i keep getting modnation racers and pixeljunk racers mixed up

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

am i the only person in the world who loved pixeljunk racers? seems that way...

Nah, there are a couple of you. I gave it a play for about 15 minutes before giving up, it just didn't catch my interest like Monsters, Eden and Shooter did.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone else playing the Valkyria Chronicles 2 demo? How the hell do you move from area to area?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capture the first base. The triggers allow you to swap between maps. Once you've capped the area one base, you can spawn into the second area. You'll have to pull back troops and redeploy them.

Litany on
    Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah. Once you have a troop reach the bridging base, when you have a troop in it, you'll get an option that'll pull them from the field. Then you have to redeploy them in the base in the next map, where they instantly take a turn. It's the one thing I'm not really too happy with, but I imagine it's something you get used to rather quickly.

Speaking of Demos, the one for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World? Amazing.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So, this week's version of The Drop went up, and I was wondering. Should it be a weekly thing here to post it as well? I mean, I have no problem doing so or not doing so. Just up to you guys. But for this week, let's give it a shot.
    PlayStation 3

Toy Story 3 Hybrid Premium Edition – Pixar delivers the original Toy Story film in high definition while packing in Toy Story 3: The Game, all on one single Blu-Ray disc. Emperor Zurg is my personal favorite villain, and having him as an exclusive playable character on PS3 in Toy Box mode gives me a perfect excuse to don my black cape and conduct my symphony of villainy.

PlayStation Network

Top Gun – Jack Epps, Jr., the original Top Gun screenwriter, maintains the attitude of the classic 1980s pop-culture film when he returned to write the Top Gun video game. Dodge missiles and return enemy gunfire while piloting your F-14 Tomcat to the sweet nostalgia of “Danger Zone.” Senior Game Designer for Doublesix, Ollie Barder will be on the blog tomorrow with more details. Stay tuned.

Tom Clancy’s HAWX 2 Demo –There’s an alternative for all your air combat needs. Ubisoft evolves aerial warfare with Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X 2 demo, putting you in the pilot seat of an ultra-sophisticated aircraft. Dominate the skies early when the demo drops on Tuesday.

Joe Danger Demo – Not convinced that Joe Danger is a must-have PS3 exclusive? You’re in luck — you can download the free demo Tuesday, and brace yourself for awesome.

PlayStation Portable

Ys: Seven – Begin your adventure in Altago City and trek all the way to the Holy Precints of the Wind where the Kylosian people worship the Great Wind Dragon. Sounds pretty epic, huh? That’s because Tom Lipschultz of XSEED Games gave us a one-on-one guided video tour of their ambitious portable title earlier this week. Make sure you ask him about the Segramites, I hear they’re big on lava and brimstone.

PlayStation minis

Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunters – This new PlayStation mini from Tatem Games is redefining big game hunting by letting players explore huge non-linear locations as they attempt to track down a variety of dinosaurs. But if you’re not careful, the hunter can become the hunted! The full game includes 15 dinosaurs across five environments including pine forests, muddy marshes and rolling hills.

Joe Danger demo is a very good thing, for sure. I've wanted to at least play some of it, just had a hard time with the pricetag.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    So, this week's version of The Drop went up, and I was wondering. Should it be a weekly thing here to post it as well? I mean, I have no problem doing so or not doing so. Just up to you guys. But for this week, let's give it a shot.

Why not? I mean, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want more information to be posted, even if it's mostly irrelevant for some of us that don't live in NA. Even then though, we still have access to free content like demos and most of them will probably be appearing on the PAL store as well.

Anyway, I recommend everyone pick up the Joe Danger demo. The game is super fun, though it gets crazy hard later on in the game.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is Constructor any good? I've got $6.45 left in my wallet, and I can't find anything else for the retarded amount of change I always seems to get left with. :P

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Whoops, Late update from me tonight.
    Updates

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite – Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)

-(PS3) Top Gun ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for NHL 11, Joe Danger and Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2

-(PSP) Ys Seven ($29.99)
    -(PSP) Demo for Phantasy Star Portable 2

-(Avatars) Street Fighter III: Third Strike Avatars ($0.49) (x3)

Not that much was missed, I guess. Sheesh. Good demos at least.

Edit: @Unco: Er, I just didn't word it right. In my head I meant it more like "Do you guys want the whole post, or just a pointed list", and somehow I managed to not write that at all. Whoops.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MHFU is tempting, but do I really need a 100+ hour game right now?

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I don't think it's something that I'd be able to get in to. At least, the demo didn't really exert any hold on me.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Glad they're finally dropping a Joe Danger demo

I hear great things, but the art style and price tag really don't do it any favors

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I don't think it's something that I'd be able to get in to. At least, the demo didn't really exert any hold on me.

The demo is awful. The game simply is not like that. It basically just drops you into a high level hunt with high level gear. So much of the game is about item hunting - killing the monsters is just how you go about item hunting.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh hey, my initial assessment about Joe Danger was right

It's like Trials except not nearly as fun, with a really off-putting lack of weight to the bike, and with a terrible art style and annoying soundtrack to boot

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh hey, my initial assessment about Joe Danger was right

It's like Trials except not nearly as fun, with a really off-putting lack of weight to the bike, and with a terrible art style and annoying soundtrack to boot

Yeah but Vow, you're looking at the game with your horrible taste goggles on.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If there were any weight whatsoever to the bike, I could easily forgive the rest

It is like driving an weightless bicycle that is made of magic carpets

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You ever play that Spongebob flash game with the boat?

Is it like that?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone know if Front Mission 3 is in today's update of the European store? Glad it's hitting PSN at last, really loved FM3 back in the day. Still think it's a shame they're converting the series to action/shooter.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Haikira wrote: »
    Anyone know if Front Mission 3 is in today's update of the European store? Glad it's hitting PSN at last, really loved FM3 back in the day. Still think it's a shame they're converting the series to action/shooter.

Nope. Mike (Kebby) is saying there'll be a requested PS1 game up next week but seeing as Square Enix hasn't even submitted FM3 for a PEGI classification, I'm going to guess it isn't it. Sony recently submitted Spyro 2, Spyro 3, [strike]Tekken 3[/strike] and Twisted Metal for PEGI classifications so it 'll probably be one of those.

Edit: Joe Danger's physics are pretty similar to LittleBigPlanet's. They're a bit floaty but they work well with the game.

Edit #2: Okay so they (Ross McGrath, not Mike) have said a bit more about upcoming PS1 games on the PAL Stores. A game is coming next week and then Tomb Raider will be coming the week after. Tekken 3 can be crossed off the above list too, he indicated that it wasn't coming anytime soon.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Joe Danger is not as much fun as Trials HD at its best, but I still think its a pretty fun game, you shouldn't go in expecting it to be trials, its more like exitebike++ HD. (Also Trials doesn't have multiplayer)

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    Hockey JohnstonHockey Johnston Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, in honor of Top Gun, let me ask you PS3 peoples: what's the best multiplayer-focused flight combat game going on the PS3 that isn't Warhawk? DD or retail.

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Has anyone tried out Top Gun yet?

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As much as I'd like to see FM3 on the PSN, there are so many other Squenix games that I'd much rather see first.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maaan where's my castle crashers.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Know what PS1 game they should put up on the PSN?

Valkyrie Profile.

Every time I throw that game in, or take it anywhere, I'm terribly afraid I'll break my disc and be out like $130.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, in honor of Top Gun, let me ask you PS3 peoples: what's the best multiplayer-focused flight combat game going on the PS3 that isn't Warhawk? DD or retail.

Me and my friend really like HAWX.

But I'm pretty sure we're in the minority.

adytum on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    adytum wrote: »

Me and my friend really like HAWX.

But I'm pretty sure we're in the minority.

conveniently the HAWX2 demo came out this week, so dude can try it out for himself.

Ah_Pook on