Options

Playstation Store - NA: Valkyria Chronicles 2, Castle Crash PAL: Alien Breed, FM3

• Options
    PalomPalom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I never played Crash Team Racing, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. As long as they aren't going to overprice it at $9.99 I may get it. Now, if Konami would just put up Suikoden II....

Palom on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crash Team Racing really is awesome. A lot of people will tell you that it's better than Mario Kart and a lot of people would be absolutely correct.

The only thing that would suck about playing it on a PSP as opposed to a PS3 is that you would be missing out on the multiplayer. CTR is one of the few PS1 games that support 4-player gameplay using the multi-tap.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is probably a stupid question, but I just kinda thought about it now and can't really test it. And googling it is entirely too logical.

If you get a PSOne Classic and play it on your PS3, will it work, MP-wise, as it would if you had the disk? I understand why you can't really MP PSOne Classics on PSP, but I just never thought about it for the PS3 side.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got a question for anyone who grabbed Metal Gear Solid as a PSOne classic - how does it control on PSP? I remember one boss fight where you needed to swap controllers to beat him.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Got a question for anyone who grabbed Metal Gear Solid as a PSOne classic - how does it control on PSP? I remember one boss fight where you needed to swap controllers to beat him.

There's a controller swap function in the system menu. For all PSOne games, I think.

Renzo on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ah, good news. I was thinking of grabbing it, since Peace Walkers gotten me back into the series. Even though I've already beaten it half a dozen times.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Today's the last day for the Summer sale, right? I'll have to try to remember to pick up what I wanted of it tonight.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CTR? Shit, I may actually turn on Go.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man Shooter was so incredible, I think I may even go for broke and try to get all the trophies like I did for Flower. Can't wait for the next Shooter.

Also, does the Scott Pilgrim game come out tomorrow? I am fiending.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, when does the PSN store update with new releases?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    tuesdays, but the time is a total crapshoot. usually its really late in the afternoon at the very earliest, sometimes it can be like 7 or 9 at night even (EST).

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh man Shooter was so incredible, I think I may even go for broke and try to get all the trophies like I did for Flower. Can't wait for the next Shooter.

Also, does the Scott Pilgrim game come out tomorrow? I am fiending.

It does indeed! It was mentioned in that "The Drop" article I linked for CTR. I'll just go ahead and quote the rest of it; it's not very long.
    PlayStation 3

Madden NFL 11 — Twenty-Two years in the making, Madden NFL 11 promises to deliver a list of new features and improvements, according to the EA Tiburon team. They promise an authentic approach to situational game planning, one play at a time with GameFlow. Also, faster game times, a new locomotion animation system, a new audible system, and a brand new kick meter, just to name a few. EA Tiburon is determined to deliver a genuine NFL experience with Madden NFL 11. But, let’s not forget my personal favorite; official NFL team fights songs — hear that? “Miami Dolphins #1!”

PlayStation Network

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game — Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim series turns its comic-book pages into a side-scrolling beat’em up, coinciding with this summer’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the World film. Play as Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Stephen Stills or Kim Pine and defeat Ramona’s seven evil exes. There’s also a demo you can download for sneak peek.

Mafia II Demo — The sequel to Mafia: The City of Lost Heavens; Mafia II, is nearly upon us (read our impression on the exclusive PlayStation 3 DLC, The Betreyal of Jimmy,) 2K Games is giving you early access to Empire Bay when the demo drops this week.

PSOne Classics

Crash Team Racing — When classic kart racers are brought up, PlayStation fans think Crash Team Racing. The 1999 ragtag team racer returns as a PSOne Classic title this week. Race against the Nitrous Oxide villains by using fifteen Crash-series characters to save their planet from disaster.

PlayStation Portable

Madden NFL 11 — Take Madden NFL 11 with you wherever you go this football season. Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth call the action on the field as you fight for fumbles, design your own plays and rock out like an NFL star, all packaged on your PSP. Don’t have a PlayStation Portable? We have you covered when we unveiled a new Madden NFL PSP bundle earlier this week.

There'll even be a demo for it! Wonderful.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yay no work tomorrow should allow me to fully soak in this game.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i guess i should download the madden demo. i havent played one in years, i used to like them a lot back in the ps2 days though.

edit: earthworm just be prepared for a long and terrible wait for the store to finally update. hones

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Shit, gotta remember to buy Lunar tonight while it's still on sale.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CTR finally yessssssss

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alrighty, picked up Lunar, Patchwork Heroes, Tetris, Monsters PSMP, and Dracula for $29.95 total. Not bad. Lunar would have cost that alone prior to this sale.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there a list of upcoming PSOne classic releases? I've been on a Dragon Quest kick since the release of 9 and I'd insta-buy DQ7 if they released it on PSN.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is there a list of upcoming PSOne classic releases? I've been on a Dragon Quest kick since the release of 9 and I'd insta-buy DQ7 if they released it on PSN.

Square-Enix seems to be of the mind that they should only release a PS1 classic every 6 months, so I wouldn't expect DQ7 any time soon since they have several higher profile games that they could release instead like Xenogears & Chrono Cross.

It'd be nice though. Despite my disappointment with the game at the time, I'd be willing to give DQ7 another try as a portable game for $10.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've never made it through the three hour intro to DQ7. Squeenix is balls about getting their stuff on the marketplace, though.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Already bought the SP game so hopefully it's good, but...yay demo?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've never made it through the three hour intro to DQ7.

Same here

Before I played DQVIII and found out the series just wasn't for me, I was stoked when I found a copy of Dragon Warrior VII

Man, just

Man. Seriously slow.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Some things deserve to be bought sight unseen, based on principle

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is one of those things

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some things deserve to be bought sight unseen, based on principle

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is one of those things

Well I only bought it cause it's cheaper on the UBI site and because I saw the movie already and I'm on a SP kick.

Seriously, I'm also listening to the streaming soundtrack and film score right now.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's cheaper? Won't be $10 on the Store?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So will there be more games added to the summer sale tomorrow or is what we got it?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Pretty sure it's completely over tomorrow.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I figure the summer sale's gonna be done and over with. But we'll just end up getting sales on other things, anyway, like normal, just not as big a variety.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i guess i should download the madden demo. i havent played one in years, i used to like them a lot back in the ps2 days though.

edit: earthworm just be prepared for a long and terrible wait for the store to finally update. hones

I downloaded the demo last night but haven't yet played it. I have a 10% coupon for a local store so I might go ahead and pick up this year's iteration. I borrowed one on the PS2 from a former boss years ago while his PS2 was getting repaired. Played the heck out of it.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, it is possible to do the following:

1. Buy a PSN game on my account on my PS3.
    2. Go to a friend's house where there is a different PS3.
    3. Log into that PS3 and the PSN Store with my account.
    4. Download and play the game I bought in step 1.

I'm planning on getting the SP game and I hang out with some friends who want to play it on Fridays. I'd rather not move the gathering and my PS3 if possible.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'm planning on getting the SP game and I hang out with some friends who want to play it on Fridays. I'd rather not move the gathering and my PS3 if possible.

That should work just fine. This is how people share games with other people. You get 5 activations, and (except for Final Fight: Double Impact) you can play the game on either console as long as your account is on both. You don't even have to be logged in to play it on your friends console - just have your account on there, log in as you, download it, and then your friend can play whenever he wants on his own account. Like I said, just make sure you leave your account on his PS3.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jclast wrote: »

That should work just fine. This is how people share games with other people. You get 5 activations, and (except for Final Fight: Double Impact) you can play the game on either console as long as your account is on both. You don't even have to be logged in to play it on your friends console - just have your account on there, log in as you, download it, and then your friend can play whenever he wants on his own account. Like I said, just make sure you leave your account on his PS3.

Also this violates the PSN Terms of Use, so keep it on the down-low.

Found this out the hard way.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just picked up a PS3, not a lot of games yet but if someone could add my name to the list it is: Velmeran

Is it kosher to just start going through the list and sending friend request so I have some people to possibly play with later?

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just mention you're from PA when inviting people and I don't think there's any problem. Otherwise people will probably just ignore the invites. :)

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kainy wrote: »

Really? I didn't realize that. I mean, I knew it probably wasn't their favorite thing, but I didn't know it was actually against TOS. Good to know.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So I heard we're getting the Valkyria Chronicles 2 demo today.

Neat if true.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    TurboGuardTurboGuard Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Source for this?

TurboGuard on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TurboGuard wrote: »

Source for this?

Please reconfirm this. I was about to share some PS1 Classics this way.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Square-Enix seems to be of the mind that they should only release a PS1 classic every 6 months, so I wouldn't expect DQ7 any time soon since they have several higher profile games that they could release instead like Xenogears & Chrono Cross.

It'd be nice though. Despite my disappointment with the game at the time, I'd be willing to give DQ7 another try as a portable game for $10.

So now that they got through the FF releases (not including the collections) they should get on releasing their other stuff. Einhander and Chrono Cross would be must buys for me.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Update brought to you faster than....well, pretty fast.
    PlayStation Plus

Qore Episode 27: August 2010 (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $2.99)
    File size: 1.43 GB

Red Faction Guerrilla Game Trial (Free and Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
    File size: 5.86 GB

PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap (Early Access for PlayStation Plus Subscribers; PlayStation Plus price $5.24, regular price $6.99)

High Velocity Bowling (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)

WipEout Fury DLC (PlayStation Plus price $7.99, regular price $9.99)

UNCHARTED Eye of Indra Comic Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $1.25, regular price $2.49)

Aero Racer – Minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Nebula Tunnels Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Updates

1942: Joint Strike – Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Section 8 – New Sale (now $24.99, original price $29.99)
    Matt Hazard: Blood Bath And Beyond – Permanent Price Change (now $9.99, original price $14.99)

-(PS3) Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game, and Mafia 2

-(PSOne) CTR: Crash Team Racing ($5.99)

-(PSP) Madden NFL 11 PSP ($39.99)
    -(PSP) Demo for Valkyria Chronicles 2

-(Avatars) Super Street Fighter IV Avatars ($0.49) (x5)

So, not a -big- week, but a pretty quality week. Scott Pilgrim, CTR and some good demos. Strange that there's absolutely no Minis, though. Oh well.

Darth_Mogs on