As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Japanimation] ITT B:L shows how small our penises really are compared to his

• Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This Thanksgiving I've been marathoning Gurren Lagann. Even though I've seen it all before, it still has me on the edge of my seat.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Jesuits wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just doing some digging, and it seems it'll have a six-part movie deal starting sometime in 2010. Done by Production I.G. and XEBEC. Cue Aero Duck showing up to say those studios suck. (Oh god, please don't. ...suck, that is.)

Production I.G. is like, the anti-suck.

XEBEC I have no idea.

But considering IG alone has all of Ghost in the Shell under their belt, Moribito and a bunch of other things, I'd say the property is in safe hands

Oh, damn, I had no idea. Awesome.
    Heh. We had a brief discussion about XEBEC last thread (or one back?). Suffice it say that they have fucked up in hilarious ways in the past.

Still, they made Fafner and Stellvia, so I can't entirely hate them.

Nadesico was also fun. Not sure about the movie for it, though.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Someday Production I.G. will just give up and make a new Ghost in the Shell series like everyone wants them to

I yearn for that day

Totally with you man.

When they DO get it right, they make some spectacular stuff. It's says a lot about them that they have one of the best animated shows this season, Kimi ni Todoke. The only show I'm also watching that sometimes overtakes them is FMA:Brotherhood, and that's only when they amp up the quality for the fight scenes.

Also I am such a weeaboo.

I managed to convert some of my files with Format Factory so they can play on my iPod. I'm oddly proud of this fact.

Edit: It's Ichigo Mashimaro, too... I have far too much time on my hands some weekends.

Falx on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Episode 8 of Nyan Koi was downright hilarious

Some choice quotes:
    "GO FOR IT JUNPEI, BANG THEM BOTH"

"You've got tits that are outrageous 365 days a year"

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU PUT A HOE BEFORE A BRO!"

I began watching seto no hanayome, which proved to be as ridiculously hilarious as people have told me.

In other news, my buy.com sale items arrived--big o seasons 1 and 2 as well as char's counterattack.

I have nothing to do tomorrow, so I might just watch unhealthy amounts of anime.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just doing some digging, and it seems it'll have a six-part movie deal starting sometime in 2010. Done by Production I.G. and XEBEC. Cue Aero Duck showing up to say those studios suck. (Oh god, please don't. ...suck, that is.)

Production I.G. is like, the anti-suck.

Sisters of Wellber, xxxHOLiC, Idaten Jump, World Destruction, Chevalier and at least half a dozen more.

There's a reason that every single Production IG trailer begins with "By the studio that brought you Ghost in the Shell."

Which isn't to say that they don't also often do a good job, but they've made a rather lot of total crap too.
    Hey, I liked Chevalier. Well, that parts I saw, I never went too far with it for some reason.

I absolutely <3 the Chevalier manga, which is a totally different story, though.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Falx wrote: »
    Also the new batch of Railgun manga suddenly got dark.

Holy fuck. You were not kidding.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I love how much more personality the sisters have, but it just makes what happens to them so much worse D:

Also, biribiri shows just how much she holds back when fighting Touma. Hell if she pulled half the moves she did in that last fight on Touma he'd be a wet stain on the ground.

Falx on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Looks like the One Piece thread did what you motherfuckers couldn't.

Godfather on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh hey, a Break Blade trailer with some animation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZG8LQdrHQQ

Zandracon on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I love how much more personality the sisters have, but it just makes what happens to them so much worse D:

Also, biribiri shows just how much she holds back when fighting Touma. Hell if she pulled half the moves she did in that last fight on Touma he'd be a wet stain on the ground.

That's the problem; she can't beat him without reducing him to paste.

Also, latest anime ep:
    I know this arc is fairly dark in the manga, but the episode was hell of ominous. All off-centre camera angles and whatnot, even for just normal conversation. Weird.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    DTB 8:
    Yay Hei back to his giant eating habits~

D'awwww. I know it won't, but I can't but hold out hope that somehow things work out between Tanya and Suou.

Dude what the hell you are such a pedo. ...at least you're honest about it? No, still terrible.

;____; Yeah, that ended about as expected.

OH WAIT SHION YOU ASSHOLE

Oh hey, Gai's back.

Also, looks like Hei KTFO'd the Section 3 support girl.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DragonPup wrote: »
    This Thanksgiving I've been marathoning Gurren Lagann. Even though I've seen it all before, it still has me on the edge of my seat.

Been marathoning Initial D. Now I'm up to chapter 518. It's been an awesome ride so far.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZG8LQdrHQQ

Not much animation, but animation all the same. To my untrained ears, Rygart's actor sounds a little like Emiya Shirou's. Would fit personality wise, too.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    snip

Not much animation, but animation all the same. To my untrained ears, Rygart's actor sounds a little like Emiya Shirou's. Would fit personality wise, too.

Lygatto, whatever his name is, is voiced by Souichiro Hoshi (Kira Yamato, Sanada Yukimura) according to ANN.

Ahahaha, I love the Umineko episode previews.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    I think you will find all those series are well-liked.

Also, Cromatrie and SZS are already on the list.

No need for hostility.

But Nanoha and A's are on the list but only have one :^:

Hostility is warranted.

macigal.jpg

Seriously though, it's not a poll.

I think it'd be better for the :^s to be removed. It'll be less confusing that way.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It would be nice if people understood that the number of times a show is rec'd is not necessarily correlated with quality. In fact, this is exactly how the "thumbs up" worked on At The Movies. A 2 thumbs up movie was not necessarily better than a one up, one down movie, because Siskel and Ebert had different tastes. You had to know how your preferences matched up with theirs.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

Talk about One Piece?
    It would be nice if people understood that the number of times a show is rec'd is not necessarily correlated with quality. In fact, this is exactly how the "thumbs up" worked on At The Movies. A 2 thumbs up movie was not necessarily better than a one up, one down movie, because Siskel and Ebert had different tastes. You had to know how your preferences matched up with theirs.

Yeah it probably wouldn't hurt for this fact to be right before the list in the OP, probably would avoid some confusion (as well as a mention that obvious shows like Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, etc aren't mentioned because pretty much everyone has at least heard of them).

Slicer on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Tacitly admit that Naruto was more awesome than One Piece this week?

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Tacitly admit that Naruto was more awesome than One Piece this week?

oh shit...

Falx on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Controversy! It was something I did on a whim. I didn't think people would take it seriously. Plus, if you don't think Azumanga Daioh should be at the top then you are <insert cliche adjective>.

edit: There. Better?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Chen wrote: »
    Controversy! It was something I did on a whim. I didn't think people would take it seriously.

I wasn't taking it seriously. The problem is that it only has one :^: even though more than one person recommended it :P

I'm on to you, Chen.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    And I added most of the recommendations through various posts, and so forth. Look, it's all a bit technical, but the important thing is that every character in Nanoha is a raging lesbian.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I think that would be slightly difficult for the men.

Falx on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Has any of Deadman Wonderland been translated after ch. 25? I checked out the raw of ch. 26, I guess horrible things do happen to Ganta pretty much forever.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Controversy! It was something I did on a whim. I didn't think people would take it seriously. Plus, if you don't think Azumanga Daioh should be at the top then you are <insert cliche adjective>

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    huh...

I forgot about Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu.

Looks like no one who spoke English cared to sub it until now. Meh, I'm not even curious anymore. Off the list.

Falx on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You know what show really sucks? Azumanga Daioh. One of the most boring 'things' i have ever seen that tried to pass itself off as entertainment.

NotYou on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    And I added most of the recommendations through various posts, and so forth. Look, it's all a bit technical, but the important thing is that every character in Nanoha is a raging lesbian.
    Well, Hayate and Nanoha are probably more bi than gay, but the point stands.

That said, what point? Where's the problem? :lol:

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    NotYou wrote: »
    You know what show really sucks? Azumanga Daioh. One of the most boring 'things' i have ever seen that tried to pass itself off as entertainment.

You are a terrible, terrible person :P

Well, it certainly ruined things for Yuuno.
    I believe Nanoha, Fate, and Vivio are now canonically the Takamachi family.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Well there is that joke where a guy tries to pick up a lesbian which ends with him going "Then I'm a lesbian too."

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »

Well, it certainly ruined things for Yuuno.
    I believe Nanoha, Fate, and Vivio are now canonically the Takamachi family.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    setrajonas wrote: »
    Umineko 6 portrait / cover / various screenshots. Spoilers, obviously.

http://d-stage.com/shop/detail.php?seq=11975

Portrait 6 is so god damned hot.....

....Um. .... *cough* sorry.

As a side note, Witch Hunt has mentioned that the Episode 5 patch should be out before the end of the year. Which is close enough I suppose, but still..... the wait is killing me :( .

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Today I watched the Ideon movies and even knowing ahead of time the gist of what was coming the second movie was just what the fuck.

Still, it was fairly enjoyable, though I think that I'd probably have enjoyed the 2nd movie more had I seen the series since apparently there is a gap between the first movie and second movies.

Slicer on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So can anyone recommend a couple decent dubs from the last few years, outside of the super obvious stuff that gets talked about every ten pages or so?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Black Lagoon's dub was far and away better than the Japanese.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I thought this was fairly well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EoYbiOmM5w

Falx on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Haha, not bad.

The funniest part is, naturally, Nanoha mostly no-selling the huge attack.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Slicer wrote: »
    Today I watched the Ideon movies and even knowing ahead of time the gist of what was coming the second movie was just what the fuck.

Still, it was fairly enjoyable, though I think that I'd probably have enjoyed the 2nd movie more had I seen the series since apparently there is a gap between the first movie and second movies.

I was watching the series then it kinda petered out. Ended up just watching both movies. The second one was quite a ride, depressing as it was.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Slicer wrote: »

I was watching the series then it kinda petered out. Ended up just watching both movies. The second one was quite a ride, depressing as it was.

Yeah the last 20 minutes or so of the second movie are definitely pretty crazy. I think the part that's going to stick out most in my mind is when
    Ashura gets her head blown off by a laser. I really didn't expect something that messy to happen to a little girl, jeez. And so sudden too.

Slicer on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    So can anyone recommend a couple decent dubs from the last few years, outside of the super obvious stuff that gets talked about every ten pages or so?

Desert Punk has a good dub, mainly because they wear helmets most of the time, which also shows in the budgeting of the show.

I'm watching the Bleach movie, and I love the subtlety of changing the ribbon color in both her forms. It's such a clever hint.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
This discussion has been closed.