Options

Battlefield: Bad Company 2: PC beta/360 MP demo out now!

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've had some really enjoyable matches where both teams are balanced, and each one is struggling to reach their objectives, only to have 2 assholes join in and jointly start using C4 on the stations. Ruins it for everyone.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I've had some really enjoyable matches where both teams are balanced, and each one is struggling to reach their objectives, only to have 2 shining, heroic figures who have broken this bitter stalemate and rallied their squad to victory using the utmost of cutting edge asymmetrical warfare tactics. (Also one is called Goombsy G)

Fixed.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Even in BC1 I never saw why they let you use C4 on the objectives. It destroys them so fucking quickly it feels broken.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was taking care of a 100% health point, and I left it alone just to place 2 mines on the path to it, it didn't even take me 10 seconds to do so, when I'm running back to it, I see a recon guy running away and the MCOM blowing up behind him.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was taking care of a 100% health point, and I left it alone just to place 2 mines on the path to it, it didn't even take me 10 seconds to do so, when I'm running back to it, I see a recon guy running away and the MCOM blowing up behind him.

we did have some fun during, though!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah yes we did, I was mostly referencing to other days I've played. Some incredibly fun matches, where both sides are having fun, then some people leave, and the C4 people join in. Even people in their own team started apologizing to the defenders.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    anyone who plays regularly, if you could add me that would be awesome, I want to get some actual coordination going on instead of pubbies

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sinjun

Urian on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has posted it, but apparently the single player will start in WW2 before going to a modern day setting. Some Bad Companyesque WW2 shenanigans?

Hah! I told ya!

Mechanical on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Our Bad Company Steam Group should be added to the op so people looking for others to play with know where to go. Still looking for guys wanting to be admins btw.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PABC2

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Our Bad Company Steam Group should be added to the op so people looking for others to play with know where to go. Still looking for guys wanting to be admins btw.

I would admin the shit out of that group.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »

I would admin the shit out of that group.

Bam

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Joined!

Man, getting 7K points in a single round is awesome. We were defenders, getting steamrolled - they had 90 reinforcements left when we had the one M-Com station left (A in the last area). We held them off! Fuckin' rad. I picked up some nice medals in that one. A few dog tags, too.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, if you're going to make a list of the PC people, just do it on the forums rather than cluttering up the steam group's comments. Here's the list from the end of January again:
    ash-housewares
    sonelan
    peewi
    digitalsyn
    jaunty
    klyka
    catharsis
    satsumomo
    dracil
    spoit

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Man, if you're going to make a list of the PC people, just do it on the forums rather than cluttering up the steam group's comments. Here's the list from the end of January again:
    ash-housewares
    sonelan
    peewi
    digitalsyn
    jaunty
    klyka
    catharsis
    satsumomo
    dracil
    spoit

Is PC Friends working yet?

(soldier) DiannaoChong

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Urian wrote: »
    It's either a beta-only thing or just a badly optimized port. There is no difference in framerate between all low 1xAA and all high 8xAA, for me at least.

The game is very CPU intensive, not necessarily a sign of poor optimization.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ash-housewares
    sonelan
    peewi
    digitalsyn
    jaunty
    klyka
    catharsis
    satsumomo
    dracil
    spoit

Is PC Friends working yet?

(soldier) DiannaoChong

Kinda, sorta is. It doesn't report online very well, but when someone is online (despite it not saying so) you can still join on them properly. If it can, it puts you in their squad, which is neat.

Edit: Also, someone get the dude who made the OP to update it to a list of names or something. Or the second post.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Urian wrote: »
    It's either a beta-only thing or just a badly optimized port. There is no difference in framerate between all low 1xAA and all high 8xAA, for me at least.

The game is very CPU intensive, not necessarily a sign of poor optimization.

I can run Crysis better than this, and that game looks far better. I call it bad optimization.

Urian on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ash-housewares
    sonelan
    peewi
    digitalsyn
    jaunty
    klyka
    catharsis
    satsumomo
    dracil
    spoit
    syphonblue

Don't forget me!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Don't forget me either.

Game name: Sceptre

(SURPRISE)

Sceptre on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ash-housewares
    sonelan
    peewi
    digitalsyn
    jaunty
    klyka
    catharsis
    satsumomo
    dracil
    spoit
    syphonblue
    subedii

Added myself to the list.

subedii on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    And me. :u

Just had a few games with Subedii, Alabaster and Fathom. Nice job, guys, even if we did get raped and VOIP stopped working. Was fun reviving you all. ;)

Warcry on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    And me. :u

Just had a few games with Subedii, Alabaster and Fathom. Nice job, guys, even if we did get raped and VOIP stopped working. Was fun reviving you all. ;)

Sorry about the sound in Vent. Usually when I play with guys in Vent they can hear me fine, I don't know what the problem was there. And I don't think it's my windows mic settings since you could here me when VOIP was working in-game.

Man I hope they get around to announcing that 4-pack deal soon.

subedii on
  • Options
    Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Add Winnie the Pooh if you would please.

After spending all of about 5 minutes with the xbox version it's hard for me to play on the PC with the horrendous hit detection. I hate trying to burst and watching bullets completely whiff. Or watching someone run between teammates stabbing away while I try to click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click instead of just holding down since hes two feet away.

Winnie The Pooh on
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Hopefully they have the option for servers to turn off stations being destructible by C4 and such. If you have a friend with you, you can just C4 a UAV and blow up any station you want with almost an 100% success rate. It's pretty god damn cheap.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sorry for sort of neglecting the thread for a bit. Stuff came up.

Added that PC list to the OP

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Add me to the list please, vet here since the original 1942. Me rapin some manz!

PC name : Masume

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    YontouryuYontouryu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [soldier] Yontouryu

Yontouryu on
    a3968.png
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Medics need to have a fucking limit to how many times they can res the goddamn same person

It'd be nice if they did the L4D "three times and you're permadead" thing.

I think I was feeding the other team kills as my idiot team failed to kill a Bradley. I was constantly reviving 2 guys as soon as they died (basically as soon as my paddles recharged) so many points for me.

Arrath on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Medics need to have a fucking limit to how many times they can res the goddamn same person

It'd be nice if they did the L4D "three times and you're permadead" thing.

I think I was feeding the other team kills as my idiot team failed to kill a Bradley. I was constantly reviving 2 guys as soon as they died (basically as soon as my paddles recharged) so many points for me.

Well apparently tickets are refunded for revives, so at least you weren't screwing your team or anything.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    One, add me to the PC Friends list (DietarySupplement)

Two, running into more and more people who, while playing defense, blow up your own MCOM stations.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    Molly MillionsMolly Millions Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PC (EA) name: Bobby Newmark

Molly Millions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Argh, one of the groups of friends I play on Live with pretty much won't do anything but go for the helicopters and tanks. It's like playing with pubs, but with the added bonus of loud, friendly arguing continuously spewing from the mic.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Neva wrote: »

Hopefully they have the option for servers to turn off stations being destructible by C4 and such. If you have a friend with you, you can just C4 a UAV and blow up any station you want with almost an 100% success rate. It's pretty god damn cheap.

Well, for the PC they can rely on admins to do their job. Since the only way to get a dedicated server is to rent one, I'd assume the majority will have admins. Set up rules and boot anyone who doesn't follow them.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    anyoen up for some gaming?

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    ShalashaskaShalashaska Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    The demo is pretty sweet. Sniping is immensely satisfying in this game.

Shalashaska on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just played a shitload of rounds with Jaunty. I kept getting slammed by T-90s and he kept reviving me. Fortunately, I was a badass and went running up the hills cleaning entire squads up with the Saiga. And we each got a sizable amount of knife kills.

Good job :D

Warcry on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the penny arcade space program is up and running!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Listening to these guys on Vent, and apparently they're blasting ATVs into orbit with C4. Wish I knew the server, I'd fraps it.

Warcry on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok this is driving me fucking nuts, 90% of the time I cant fire the UAV or the heavy tanks machine gun using the right button on 360. I know its that button because ive pressed it and its fired a machine gun. But the majority of the time it just doesnt work. What the hell?

Prohass on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm starting to wish the 40mm GL had an arming distance on it.

I'm getting a lot of guys just popping out from behind a corner and shooting down to get an one shot kill.

TwistedJester on