As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

christmas in the ER (gross pictures on page 11)

• zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was helping make Set Pieces for a play I was in and I accidental slit down my wrist vertically with a box cutter.

It was pretty deep and it looked gross and boy did it bleed. But it didn't really hurt.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    B.C. wrote: »
    Worst I've ever done to myself was slicing my thumb open in Boy Scouts.

This happened due to a dull knife. Always keep your cutting utensils sharp and properly maintained folks!

I tripped over on a hike in boy scouts

and I put out my hand to break my fall

and my hand drove itself down onto a quarter inch stick which went about 3 inches into my wrist at the base of my palm

that was pretty bad.

#pipe on
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy crap Pipe!

Jesus!

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've only been rushed to a hospital twice in my life. Once when I was 5 or 6 years old, playing in standing racks of clothing at a Kmart, eventually pulling the entire thing over on myself, clonking myself in the head so hard with the laden rack that it required several stitches.

And the second time was when I apparently didn't learn my lesson the first time and did the exact same fucking thing again. In the same god damn store.

I'm kinda surprised my mother and I weren't banned from that store forever.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    luckily it was a fairly straight, clean stick with no little twigs or anything

didn't really do any damage at all amazingly. They just cleaned it out and stitched up the entry and all was good. Didn't even get infected.

#pipe on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I once tore out a fingernail by falling strangely
    The kindergarden teacher drove me to hospital, and the doctor told me "indians don't cry!"
    I was never a fan of indians

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Oh man, I've torn a toenail out by getting it caught in a seam of concrete while running

that was bad

#pipe on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    hey

hey listen

i havent read shit in this thread but

heres the thing. i am in japan and i dont know shit from my elbow and this has been this shittiest, least christmsas chrismas i have ever had

and once i had to ehlp my girlfriend cuz she cut the shit out of her thumb with a paring knife once and i had to go to the hospital with her and she was laughing like a deranged fucking lunatic when they clenaed it and sewed it up and what the fuck

and now i am stuck here in a fucking place where they wouldnt know christmas if it fucked them in the ass and goddamn i know the rules about drunk posting but i just watched the episode of it's always sunny where frank hits a bong and goddamn if it wasnt serendipitity

so you know, fuck you

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited December 2009
    Houk why was this christmas so bad

you are in Glorious Nippon, I thought everything was panties and vending machines and giant robots

#pipe on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Houk why was this christmas so bad

you are in Glorious Nippon, I thought everything was panties and vending machines and giant robots
    man there are giant robots everywhere but that doesnt make a great christmas

for example, NO FUCKING SNOW

nowhere

also, no presents. sure, they got the music and shit at the malls. but come christmas day, they dont know shit

Houk the Namebringer on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is a shame Houk, on the bright side you get to experience it from another culture, and next year you could have a really big Christmas that you plan yourself, with artificial snow and presents. Plus, you get to enjoy all the other cool days in the Japanese calender.

Liiya on
    edited December 2009
    Liiya wrote: »
    That is a shame Houk, on the bright side you get to experience it from another culture, and next year you could have a really big Christmas that you plan yourself, with artificial snow and presents. Plus, you get to enjoy all the other cool days in the Japanese calender.
    no actually, as much as this xmas was unlike any other xmas ive ever experienced, i wouldnt trade it for the world. tonight i got made amazing japanese food, and i have a perspective i never wouldve seen otherwise. its not what i would have hoped for, but its also very much a once-in-a-lifetime thing, as cheesy as that sounds

Houk the Namebringer on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well then, that sounds like an awesome time that you'll never forget :D

Liiya on
    edited December 2009
    Liiya wrote: »
    Well then, that sounds like an awesome time that you'll never forget :D
    assuming i stop drinking right now, youre absolutely right

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    can i just say that

knives are knives are knives

I am walking to england to kick you in the nads as we speak

I'm already here, have you got an address?

Teslan26 on
  • AsiriyaAsiriya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sort of on topic; woke up yesterday to a grandma who had no clue who any of my family is, who couldn't work out how to use a kettle and could barely lift toast to her mouth. 8 hours in a hospital waiting for a bed because she'd had a stroke and needed to be kept for observation. Best christmas present ever coming home from work and seeing her with a mug of tea. Thankfully it was only a temporary thing, horrible thinking that she wasn't even dead, just unable to function.

Asiriya on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    D:

but also :D

Fugitive on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Were you able to give her the same presents all over again and she was just as surprised?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    does she still know how to play rummy?

my grandma had been playing rummy for like 60 years and she had a stroke

totally forgot how to play it and she had to learn all over

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why would you say scoop of meat?

I mean, piece, chunk, tear, gash, those things I can understand.

But when you say scoop

that just sounds creepy as fuck.

Because the hole in my neck looks like someone took a scoop out of it.

Do you know what?

I cannot argue with that.

I knew a guy who had a stroke once (well, I knew a guy who's uncle had had a stroke once), and afterward he moved really slow and the only word he could say was "shit".

One time I was visiting him at the care center he was at with my friend and my friend left for a couple of minutes to get something and the guy kept trying to open the drawer in this dresser, so I'm helping him out and and asking him what he's looking for and he keeps putting his fingers to his mouth, like a smoking motion, and I see a pack of cigarettes in there, but it's empty, so I show him but he keeps motioning like he's looking for something and getting upset and saying "shit" over and over again, and I'm like "man, I really want to help you, but I have no damn idea what we are looking for if it's not cigarettes or gum or something like that because there is nothing in this drawer that goes in people's mouths".

My friend comes back and explains that he's looking for his money, so he can go to the little cafe and get a cup of coffee.

I hope I never have a stroke.

SmokeStacks on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    as soon as I figure out how to get these photos off my camera I am going to post them and I am just warning you now not to click on the spoiler

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i think i speak for everyone when i say that i want to see your zombie finger.

Clint Eastwood on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    i think i speak for everyone when i say that i want to see your zombie finger.

Yes. I must see.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my boyfriend's grandma has alzheimer's disease, and sing jankee doodle all the time and says 'down down down down down oh yeah'. she's trying to sing that 'down, down down, down down down, down-be-doobie-down' song but can't quite do it.

she doesn't know who anyone but his grandpa is, but she gives everyone a hug whenever we see her and says 'you look so good.' taps her head with her finger and says 'i sure do hope i get better!'

heartbreaking.

my grandpa was even worse, he forgot how to speak english during the last few years of his life and only spoke mumbled broken spanish and couldn't control his basic functions. he never knew where he was or who anyone was. he was the only grandparent that gave a crap about me and of course he is the one we lose.

getting old is terrifying. my bf's grandma was in the ice capades and loved music, my grandpa was a boxer and a very accomplished man, he did a lot in his life, then poof, he can't even communicate anymore. check out this handsome devil

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My grandfather is getting there.

I feel for ya Bel.

More importantly ZOMBIE FINGER.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited December 2009
    yes bring forth zombie finger

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    all right

please don't click this link if you don't want to see my zombie fingertip

don't come crying to me when you have nightmares
    finger1.jpg

finger2.jpg

finger3.jpg

finger4.jpg

I took these just an hour or two ago; it is looking vastly improved since christmas

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    frankenfinger

Clint Eastwood on
  • pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It has blue hair!

pillow on
    edited December 2009
    D: icky!

it looks painful, and so swollen! did you get cap to kiss it better?

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited December 2009
    I'm still learning how to use my awesome new digital camera

the christmas present that doesn't bite

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elllllllliot

SmokeStacks on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ohh Dear, You definitely got yourself.

The biggest of hugs.... while avoiding your creepy undead appendage

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Belruel wrote: »

he has been tenderly kissing the bandage but I can't say I want anyone's mouth near it at present

he has also been helping me change the bandage, because (embarrassing) I get a little lightheaded when I do it

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wam have you had any strange craving for human brains in the last couple days

TheySlashThem on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ohohohohooooo

those are some wicked pictures

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited December 2009
    I desaturated them to give them more of a zombie movie feel

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    so dawn of the dead up in here

it honestly doesn't look as bad as I thought it would!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited December 2009

he has been tenderly kissing the bandage but I can't say I want anyone's mouth near it at present

he has also been helping me change the bandage, because (embarrassing) I get a little lightheaded when I do it

haha man i bet i would too. when do you get the stitches out?

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited December 2009

haha man i bet i would too. when do you get the stitches out?

they said two weeks. I have to call and make an appointment tomorrow

I cannot wait to see how much this all costs without insurance

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png