As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Grand Theft Auto IV - How Drive Car Good? (Parts 61/62 - Finished 9/08)

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    At 0:20 or so in that video he does some kind of spinny-around punch. How do you do that?

LaCabra on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's one of the after-counter knockout punches.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have no idea what that means

LaCabra on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is fantastic.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Actually, Niko's hat and glasses just disappeared sometime between when he launched out of his car on the way to pick up the truck, and then dropping off the truck. He still had them after the launch, it looked like. Though you -do- lose glasses or hats from being ejected in the game.

Edit: Also, come on you guys with the radio stations. I can't be the only one who really liked Massive B.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LaCabra wrote: »

You can hit A to dodge, and during the dodge, if you hit X to punch to do a counter. If you continue said combo, there's a unique finisher. (360 controls)

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LaCabra wrote: »

You can counter a punch by ducking with the block button during melee combat. If you then immediately press an attack button, Niko/Johnny/Luis will do a combo that knocks out/kills the guy outright. One of them's a roundhouse kick, one of them's the spin punch thing you saw - there's a whole selection.

So I've picked up Gay Tony again, and holy shit, I just threw three different people off three different things in three different missions. If it ain't broke, I guess?

Willeth on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Adus on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can't help but notice the number of poster girls Mallorie has all over her walls.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, perhaps she is bisexual? *shrug*

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    To clarify something I say early on about the police circle... watch at 1:06 into the video - the circle moves away from where he is as he's approaching the end.

Henroid on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "Thank God you're okay, both of you!" "WE'RE FUCKED."

Henroid on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    To clarify something I say early on about the police circle... watch at 1:06 into the video - the circle moves away from where he is as he's approaching the end.

I have no idea what the fuck, that cop car despawned is the only thing I can think of.

Also, this marks the end of my initial run of guesting and my first Let's Play commentary. In retrospect, I probably should have cracked more jokes instead of living in the fear of talking over the stars (so to speak). Maybe less random GTA4 tidbits, given the nature of the LP.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's no "stars" man. You should have been a bit more vocal,yeah, but when you did say something,it was always funny, so that evens it out.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    henroid needs a button to slap klyka whenever he interrupts him

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't know why but Henroid and me ALWAYS talk at the same time.

I don't even MEAN to interrupt him,it just happens.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you share the same sense of comic timing

i might suggest making some sort of cue as to when you are about to speak, like a sharp intake of breath, something like that

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I let Klyka have the right-of-way, because aside from being a funnier guy he doesn't have the speech impediment I do ('ch' sounds aren't exactly my thing). Plus, crappy mic on this end.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you're just going to let a german walk all over you?

this is why they take all our beach chairs by putting towels on them, henroid

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    First they came for the Henroids. And I said nothing.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    First they came for the Henroids. And I said nothing.

Then they left for the Hemroids. And you laughed.

Also,I am not a funnier guy :( And my mic is a bee hive.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Germans aren't known for their humbleness.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well ok, IF IT WASN'T FOR ME YOU WOULD BE NOTHING! I MADE YOU HENROID! I MADE YOU!!!!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That's more like it. :cry:

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    klyka is a fake german

he's a japanese guy in a german's body

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    klyka is a fake german

Gomenasai, am I kawaii?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    klyka is a fake german

Gomenasai, am I kawaii?

Bist du kawaii?

Henroid on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Klyka I'm waiting to see this lengthy post titled "Henroid shut the fuck up". I've always wanted to know what was meant by "many independent businessmen".

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Klyka I'm waiting to see this lengthy post titled "Henroid shut the fuck up". I've always wanted to know what was meant by "many independent businessmen".

Truly one of the great mystery's of our time. Any of your considerable German wisdom and insight is appreciated Klyka.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have to be honest I don't even remember what you guys are talking about. I basically just say whatever random stuff comes into my head and shout real loud.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    God fucking dammit there's a mission in Gay Tony on a rooftop with like fifty fucking guys throwing grenades at me and god damn

You know there's always that one fucking mission in a GTA game where the designers were like 'oh shit, this is far too easy, trap them in a small space and force them to shoot in five different direction at once'?

argh argh ragh rage ragr

it took my parachute away from me so i couldn't even just jump off the building

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    God fucking dammit there's a mission in Gay Tony on a rooftop with like fifty fucking guys throwing grenades at me and god damn

You know there's always that one fucking mission in a GTA game where the designers were like 'oh shit, this is far too easy, trap them in a small space and force them to shoot in five different direction at once'?

argh argh ragh rage ragr

it took my parachute away from me so i couldn't even just jump off the building

you talking about the sniper mission against a few guys with assault rifles and one guy with the grenade launcher?

man up, you have GTA's most ridiculously powerful sniper rifle, and grenade launcher guy can't hit for shit

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think so. The one that starts out with the birthday cake box on the roof.

I guess I'll come back to it and breeze through it. It's just the initial jump to my doom while frantically cycling through my weapons to get my parachute out was irritating enough, and then I loaded it up again, aimed my RPG at the chopper, and hit the fucking wall directly in front of me.

Usually I'm used to missions taking one, maybe two tries. The fact that this took seven so far is just annoying.

Willeth on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What the fuck, why is Roman blaming Niko for shit Roman did? He would have been beaten by mobsters anyway. In fact, he'd be dead if Niko didn't fight them off.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    He might be beaten up by loan sharks and pushed around by Vlad some more. Loan sharks can't get their money from dead guys, after all.

Niko's arrival has pretty much put them both on a hit list, but given Roman's lifestyle before, you can't exactly argue that he's entirely worse off now.

Also I appreciate Henroid's commentary a lot because he's the guy who hasn't played the game nor seen the videos beforehand, so therefore has the most genuine reactions. I can only basically recite how I reacted. He also remembers to ask questions when I might forget to explain something, helping out people who may be watching and haven't played it.

Anyway, I just recorded some more gameplay. Even after adding 200 more songs to the radio, it's still in love with Scar Symmetry, Gamma Ray and Dark Tranquillity.... and Sirenia.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What the fuck, why is Roman blaming Niko for shit Roman did? He would have been beaten by mobsters anyway. In fact, he'd be dead if Niko didn't fight them off.

niko killed vlad

roman had debt problems, sure, but niko got him in a whole heap of bigger shit with the russian mob, not just some two-bit abanian loan sharks

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Didn't we already talk about how they are actually Albanian APPLE employees?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    they are plainly turkish people, explaining why klyka's voice becomes strained and lusty around them

Nuzak on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Maybe it's cause I live here in the real life Liberty City, but I find Mallorie only slightly annoying.

edit: No wait, I thought about it. More annoying.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dm4mfc.jpg

Nuzak on