As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LEGO thread!

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Broke down and went to TRU today. I checked the website beforehand and brought it pre-loaded on my phone. The Museum Break-in set is $20 cheaper than the TRU list price online. At first the lady did not want to do the pricematch which I could not believe. It is their own goddamn website for christ's sake. Finally the store manager came over and I showed him my phone and he agreed to do it. I have never had to go through all that to get a retail store to pricematch something on their own website. This, to me, confirms everything I feel about TRU. Both the CSA and the manager would have been more than happy to let me walk out of the store paying the inflated price. The fact this is a store that caters only to kids makes me want to burn it down all the more. Still even with tax the set was less than the base price on the lego store.

So snagged that and I also snagged this at walmart.

0067341916834_500X500.jpg

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    If you don't like their policies or practices, don't give them money. Your post just comes off as passive-aggressive, complaining about them making you jump through one hoop to get a lower price.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    If you don't like their policies or practices, don't give them money. Your post just comes off as passive-aggressive, complaining about them making you jump through one hoop to get a lower price.

I don't mind jumping through hoops at all. I should not have had to argue with a CSA + store manager to price match something on TRU's own website. If I was stamping my feet over a price at another store that TRU did not pricematch then yeah I'm causing a problem. Why is their in-store pricing not correct in the first place?

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    How do you guys keep your modular buildings clean and dust free? Just dust them regularly?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I only go to TRU for the exclusives, and sadly I recognize that the markups on their exclusives are insane. Given that I feel Lego are already fairly expensive, that means I likely won't be buying any there.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    How do you guys keep your modular buildings clean and dust free? Just dust them regularly?

Lick them.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Julius wrote: »

Lick them.
    Sure if you want to do it the easy way.
    Really, you should be disassembling them piece by piece and cleaning each brick with a q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol at least once a week.
    Then licking them.

see317 on
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Lick them.
    Really, you should be disassembling them piece by piece and cleaning each brick with a q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol at least once a week.
    Then licking them.

Realistically you should lick them before the rubbing alcohol, that stuff's bitter.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Each year when I finish the new modular I take all the previous buildings off the shelves to connect them together. They get a complete dusting then.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

Lick them.
    Then licking them.

Realistically you should lick them before the rubbing alcohol, that stuff's bitter.

Then how do you suggest he clean the rubbing alcohol off his bricks?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Lick them.
    Then licking them.

Then how do you suggest he clean the rubbing alcohol off his bricks?

Duh, more rubbing alcohol.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    I noticed that Argos (Uk) new catalogue shows the next set of Mini Figures (blind bags) to be of the Simpsons. Leading me to believe that the House might be a 1 off set for now?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Got the Riddler Race set today, and put it together after work. The Riddler's car is ok, but I quite like Batman's. feels nice and chunky. And of course you get The Flash, who is awesome.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I wasn't happy with the Riddler part of the set outside of The Riddler Minifig.

Everything else rocked though. I love the bulky Bat-mobile.

Seeing the Flash made into a minifig gives me hope that they will make a mass market Green Lantern.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Is this the appropriate place to share the Lego/Chrome collaboration? Build virtual Legos on Google Earth/maps! (Lego Movie tie in):

www.buildwithchrome.com

nusu on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    this was such a blast. I love it. The wheels on the diorama are so slick.

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    That terrain is not red.

• Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    The Angry Beige Planet

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    The Angry Beige Planet

"What makes a man turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Turns out the rust red rocks the original designer used to make his terrain are super rare, so the LEGO team had to use gray bricks instead.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    ....doesn't lego make the bricks?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    ....doesn't lego make the bricks?

They do these things with the stipulation of using as few new bricks as possible. Like the Modulars.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    12212546323_f3f7e0ab38_c.jpg

• Options
    D=

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wonderful time to get a new job. :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I. Will. Have. It.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I. Will. Have. It.

It will be mine.

Oh yes.

It will be mine.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    That is such a perfect ship for an 1980's something space guy to have.
    It makes me long for a revival of that line. Maybe throw in some Blacktron and M-tron guys.

• Options
    I love the fact that it feels blocky and old-school Lego, and yet it is full of modern touches and updates.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would kill ten puppies for an entire line of that.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Not to give away the next Cusoo set but I think Timspork will be quite happy. As will every kid who lived in the 1980s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QT5zu1x65Q&feature=youtu.be
    Ghostbuster set!!!
    Yes, yes, 1000 times yes

GaryO on
  • Options
    I wonder if 80s space guy comes with a pre-broken chin strap on his helmet.

• Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    Cusoo broke my heart when the portal sets got smacked down. Not even time can heal this wound, only little lego turrets can do that.

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    GaryO wrote: »
    Not to give away the next Cusoo set but I think Timspork will be quite happy. As will every kid who lived in the 1980s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QT5zu1x65Q&feature=youtu.be
    Ghostbuster set!!!
    Yes, yes, 1000 times yes

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    I hope they make unique proton packs and wands for the minifgures. I got some from, I think, brickforge and they are super high quality and really make them look like Ghostbusters.

My dream set would be the four Ghostbusters, maybe some kind of Ghost, doesn't have to be Slimer, and an Ecto-1 that all four can fit in.

I will probably be buying two of these and turn one into Ecto-1A.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Damn, I was hoping for the building + car set; granted, it would've been expensive, but it looks the same scale as the other town sets and wouldn't have that been the best?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    Ghostbuster set!!!
    Yes, yes, 1000 times yes

Okay, okay, awesome--but the next ones:

Sherlock (just figs?)
    May-cross Valkyrie VF-1 (yeah, good luck with that one...)
    Zelda Iron Knuckle Encounter (looks pretty good, but licensing...?)
    Japanese Classical Architecture (very 'mature' in theme)
    Adventure Time (!!!)
    BTTF: UCS DeLorean Time Machine (hmm. It moves! ...?)

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    I do not see Nintendo going for Lego any time soon. Even though it would probably print money. I would loooove some Sherlock Lego.

This discussion has been closed.