As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LEGO thread!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    The Duel comes with a sword as well, it's hard to see in that picture, but it's hung on MBs back (the small black ball over his shoulder the sword pommel).
    2914002_zps82437cd3.jpg
    Also, look at the shoulders/arm connection on the Duel MB as opposed to the SeaCow MB (specifically, compared to head/treasure chest size). On the SeaCow one the shoulders/arms connect lower, and much closer to the head piece.
    Also, the SeaCow one appears to be missing the Shark Fist.

Soon enough, the Sea Cow will be released and we'll be able to see the two Metalbeards side by side.

see317 on
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Honey, where are my paaaannnntttss?

Lego Movie: Funny, and surprisingly full of feels.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Is there just an Emmet/couch combo? I would totally get that for my desk at work, but slinging the money for that huge ship set is more than I'm willing to do.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Bursar wrote: »
    Is there just an Emmet/couch combo? I would totally get that for my desk at work, but slinging the money for that huge ship set is more than I'm willing to do.

Not as of yet. It's fairly simple, though, so you should be able to pick up just the parts needed once someone reverse engineers the design, or once the Sea Cow is available.

Cheapest theoretical option to get an Emmit is in the blind bags - it's him with his hard hat and some hair molding. Cheapest guaranteed Emmit is in the Melting Room set.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    My kids each picked a blind bag for fun the other day. One got Emmit and the other got Bad Cop.

Pretty good luck I'd say, they were both excited when their respective "guys" came on screen.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Lego needs to deliver my Rescue Reinforcements. It also comes with a little extra polybag with Emmet. I should probably get the castle set at some point as well as the melting room. Then I will have all of the first wave plus all the collectible minifigs.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The modular fire station has been retired. Better get the Grand Emporium soon, as I think that's the next oldest one.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Marathon wrote: »
    Pretty good luck I'd say, they were both excited when their respective "guys" came on screen.

We did it the other way around, so they'd know who they'd got if they didn't get the main characters, and wound up with one Emmet and one barista guy. My older kid had already converted a standard construction guy into Emmet with some silver pen and Sharpie to tweak the outfit (and made the barista guy into _me_, as I drink coffee), so now they both have an Emmet and are having lots of fun with that.

djmitchella on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I got a spare Lincoln to use for an eventual emancipatormech. He now sports a crossbow and a skull and hangs out with the fellowship of the rings guys.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    So I was up in my grandparents attic earlier hunting for the rest of my childhood Lego because despite having a large box of the stuff in my mums attic I know there's still a ton missing. I've got like, maybe six minifigs at my mothers which seem to be really old ones such as Vikings and original Space, none of my pirate, castle, police, fire, city, M-tron, Blacktron, etc figs are there so I'm stumped as to where they've all gone. I did however find this Catalog from 1991:

http://www.docdroid.net/file/view/91lz/legocatalog1991.pdf

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I love old catalogues like that, and spent hours poring over them in my youth. The foldout thing you got with every Transformer that showed the current line got a lot of wear and tear as well.

I think I have all the M-Tron stuff in that catalog. The big thing is pretty fancy.

• Options
    Man that weird period where we had Space Police 1 but Blacktron 2.

I have every one of those pirate sets, castle set, blacktron 2, space police 1 and most of the Mtron in the catalog. Also the Airport, the smaller cargo dock, police dock, hospital, hospital plane, and my brother had that Technic helicopter.

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    I had Port Jamaica, Shark Island and Treasure Island and I'll be fucked if I can find any of the pieces, the baseplates or the minifigs. I also had the Haunted Castle and I can't find the baseplate for that either.

• Options
    Now I'm looking at Bricklink to try and get the special movie polybag figures like the robot DJ and pj Emmet. PJ Emmet has a whole different face!

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    I feel the need to post this.

treasure.jpg

• Options
    I miss getting all those coins. I always used the piece of plastic that connected the coins and a huge chunk of gold.

• Options
    AnteaterAnteater Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »

treasure.jpg

I officially want a Scrooge McDuck vault set. Also for Lego to inexplicably decide to make Duck Tales sets two decades after the relevance of the show to the world.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Anteater wrote: »

treasure.jpg

I officially want a Scrooge McDuck vault set. Also for Lego to inexplicably decide to make Duck Tales sets two decades after the relevance of the show to the world.

i'd buy em

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

treasure.jpg

To be fair, they did just rerelease the remastered Ducktales video game fairly recently. So, it's not completely lost all relevance.

To be honest, I'd want Ducktales sets just for the GizmoDuck figure.

see317 on
  • Options
    I officially want a Scrooge McDuck vault set.

Right this way, sir
    14368900_large3.jpg

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    So I was up in my grandparents attic earlier hunting for the rest of my childhood Lego because despite having a large box of the stuff in my mums attic I know there's still a ton missing. I've got like, maybe six minifigs at my mothers which seem to be really old ones such as Vikings and original Space, none of my pirate, castle, police, fire, city, M-tron, Blacktron, etc figs are there so I'm stumped as to where they've all gone. I did however find this Catalog from 1991:

When I was a stupid teenager I sold all my Lego that I had as a kid at a yard sale but I still have that base plate and the two large translucent yellow panels from that Blacktron Spy Base. Wish I had kept what I had, so much 90's space, castle, and pirate Lego sets.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular

treasure.jpg

Here you go:
    thumb640x360.jpg
    thumb640x360.jpg

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    The Bermuda Triangle that is my local Target's stockroom paid off again tonight--I found a ton of series 7 Minifigures just hanging out in the display that had been emptied of Movie Minifigs. Scored a bunch that I'd been considering shelling out on ebay for, like the Computer Programmer, Ocean King, and Bunny Suit Guy. I've now seen every series from 6 on up make an appearance at this place in the last 3-4 months, it's pretty great.

• Options
    The Lego Movie was awesome. Saw it this afternoon and once it gets going it is nonstop amazing.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I think.

I think I am genuinely not able to deal with The Lego Movie.

It's simply so good I got a frigging headache and stomach butterflies. I'm not getting a flu or anything, I just underwent a slight shock because holyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• Options
    I know right? I left the theater feeling downright giddy. I haven't had this feeling upon watching a film since the criminally underrated Speed Racer.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    I have seen the Lego Movie. I am now going to buy all the remaining sets when they release. Including the huge ass ship.

Things I did not expect.
    Lego Milhouse, and Star Wars with real C3-P0 and real Lando.

• Options
    I have seen the Lego Movie. I am now going to buy all the remaining sets when they release. Including the huge ass ship.

Things I did not expect.
    Lego Milhouse, and Star Wars with real C3-P0 and real Lando.

I read Billy Dee Williams was on the cast early last week and chuckled to myself. I still haven't seen the movie but I'm dying to. I might go tomorrow.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'm so close to having all the sets. I just finished putting together Lord Business's evil lair...

And I'm getting another larger paycheck than usual. Oui!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If you've seen the movie, then these are some fun extras. If you haven't, then there's spoiler-ish stuff in here, but nothing too critical.
    and that same channel on youtube has a bunch of one-minute-ish clips from the movie, which mostly make me want to go and see it again, but also reminded me how much there was to look at; we saw it in '3d imax' which usually seems a bit excessive, but there is a _lot_ of detail here..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDFRA2ACH4Q

djmitchella on
  • Options
    I'm still drooling over the Sea Cow...

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    A nice little touch with Lord Business's Lair, spoiler for the movie:
    The way the Kragle is made up involves a friction shooter piece, a cap that I honestly have never seen before, and a hollow stud to lock the two pieces together.

Because a hollow stud is used as the locking piece, the Piece of Resistance fits over the end perfectly. :D

... Did anyone find the Krazy Glue tree surprisingly pretty for the second it was on screen? Also that was a LOADED bottle of half-used Krazy Glue.

Athenor on
  • Options
    I love how Ron Swanson does a squinty eyes pirate face when recording lines for Metalbeard even though no one will see it.

• Options
    The Lego Movie game is pretty good. Has all the people from the movie doing new lines. Also the code that comes with Rescue Reinforcements seems to be general use. If anyone else has the game and needs a code let me know. It unlocked some musical pants and the Blacktron Fan minifig in game.

• Options
    I got the lego movie trash truck off barnes and noble.com when I discovered they sold Lego. I've had two B&N giftcards sitting on my desk for at least three years now. (Kindle user)

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    http://slickdeals.net/f/6716476-google-shopping-express-25-off-your-first-order-sf-bay-area?src=pdw

This is a thing that I just used to get the Trash Chomper for more than 75% off, and you can too!

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I just picked up the Trash Chomper and put it together as the trash truck. I'm going to take it apart sometime this week and rebuild it as the flying machine and see how that goes. I like it as the trash truck. If I put it back to this build I think I'm going to forgo putting the wings inside of the garbage holding part because they don't really serve a purpose in that build. I really like the handles on the side of the truck so the non-driver gets to hang off the side. I also like that the garbage truck serves as a good storage place for extra parts. I did put the extra parts in there even though all my tubs of LEGO pieces were around me as I built it.

Magell on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Oakey wrote: »

When I was a stupid teenager I sold all my Lego that I had as a kid at a yard sale but I still have that base plate and the two large translucent yellow panels from that Blacktron Spy Base. Wish I had kept what I had, so much 90's space, castle, and pirate Lego sets.

I did the same thing. Regret it, but am busy making up for it. I have so many more cool things now than I did as a kid.

• Options
    I never had any blacktron sets. I had the ice planet sets and my beloved monorail, but nothing blacktron.

I love that the fire truck mech comes with a blacktron fan minifig.

This discussion has been closed.