As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 2: New Thread Go!

• Options
    JulesJules Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    Put my sentinel playthru on hold to restart as an infiltrator last night.... wow. The 'sniper slowdown' spoils me to no end, and I've already passed my sentinel character in the story.

Made me chuckle with my first encounter with the Collectors:
    "Assuming direct control"
    *Snipe*
    "Hope he enjoyed that. Did he get a shot off?"

I do wish I had a little more sniper ammo, but I don't feel starved. I just get selective with targets and make sure I don't miss :)

Anyone else bring Grunt to Recruiting the Convict?
    "Jack is small..."
    *Jack goes nuts*
    "Hurry, let's get down there! I want to see this!"
    *My opinion of Grunt++*

Loved Jack's path of wreckage and the recruitment mission itself. The minor 'twist' they pulled caught me off guard, though I knew I wouldn't simply walk out of there without some kind of fight. I expected more resistance from her before cooperating. Looking forward to learning more about her.

Also, the fact that we're not getting XP for kills did make me feel better about sniping the last guy before recruiting Jack and ignoring almost all of his little buddies. <3 Infiltrator.

Convict recruit spoiler:
    Grunt: I like this girl! She's blowing up everything!

Jules on
    (USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Operator-C wrote: »

The conflict is that the Krogan aren't really a space-faring species, they can't deal with having their regular reproductive rate and being able to travel in space, they're just too much trouble. At least the Rachni aren't intentionally pains in the ass.

I suspect the Krogan destroyed each other and left their planet in nuclear winter because of overpopulation. So, even if...
    ...Wrex can kick start the Krogans in a more positive direction, which is really going against their evolution post-self destroyed world, they're still going to over-breed, which is still going to be a problem.
    The point is the new genophage, which supposedly stabilizes the Krogan population. That thing needs to keep Krogans at the appropriate birth rate so they can exist peacefully with other galactic civilizations.

Pretty much this. As unfortunate as it is, I don't really see any benefit in
    Curing the Genophage. It would just put us on a fast track to Krogan Rebellions 2, and then the Krogan would have to be either exterminated or sterilized again.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, Illium is pretty much Planet Rich Bitch. From the snooty attitudes of a lot of the Asari and that disgusting Volus stock trader.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Regarding Yeoman Chambers:
    has anyone playing a female Shepard gotten anything beyond the first three dialogue choices with her? Because I never did and I'm hearing of other people saying the opposite and it's really quite strange!

Yes.
    Even had dinner with her as femshep, whatever that implies.

But!
    How did this occur? Do you have to like, get to a certain point, ask her the same questions like ten times, talk to her a certain number of times, I mean what do you have to do for that to happen?

Because I've beaten the game and I'm in new game+ and she's still sayin' the same old stuff

Won't even feed my fish for me
    If you chat with her after every recruit mission (maybe after some of the loyalty missions) she'll make a comment about the newest crewmate. You can then respond in a flirtatious fashion.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Man, Illium is pretty much Planet Rich Bitch. From the snooty attitudes of a lot of the Asari and that disgusting Volus stock trader.

It does provide an interesting contrast to Omega, it sorta reminds me of THE FUTURE as imagined in the fifties.

Plus it gives us Blasto and the bartender who may be Liara's dad.

Z0re on
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    has anyone playing a female Shepard gotten anything beyond the first three dialogue choices with her? Because I never did and I'm hearing of other people saying the opposite and it's really quite strange!

Yes.

But!
    How did this occur? Do you have to like, get to a certain point, ask her the same questions like ten times, talk to her a certain number of times, I mean what do you have to do for that to happen?

Because I've beaten the game and I'm in new game+ and she's still sayin' the same old stuff

If you chat with her after every recruit mission (maybe after some of the loyalty missions) she'll make a comment about the newest crewmate. You can then respond in a flirtatious fashion.

"So, are you into aliens?"
    That one didn't strike me as flirty so much as overly forward. But I did mentally do a complicated handshake and go "awww yeah my boy Garrus gon get him some! shiiieeet"

Sakeido on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Z0re wrote: »
    langfor6 wrote: »
    I hate to admit this publicly, but I'm having a hard time with the combat in this game. My squad takes down most of the enemies. I'm notoriously bad at shooters, and I find the controls too lose, so as I panic I end up pointing at the ceiling.

There was an instance while playing last night where a varren was running at me across a room and I managed to miss every shot slightly behind him. I don't care though. The non-combat aspects of this game are awesome.

I'm playing as a vanguard, which was my class in the first game. I used to love the shotgun but it doesn't seem as useful this time around. I get gunned down every time I come out of cover. Also the charge power seems to get me killed all the time.

I had envisioned myself charging around the battlefield, shotgunning fools in the face, but really I knock one guy down, shoot the ceiling a bunch of times, and then die. Then I resume and hide behind a wall and shoot with a pistol.

Finally, on the PC is there any way to just sort of shoot from the hip? Every time I hit the left mouse button it zooms for the shot and then zooms out, and some times I just want to shoot without the zoom feature. Am I doing something wrong?

If the combat gets too intense hit left-shift and reorient/aim every few seconds. Abuse the heck out of the ability to freeze the battlefield and observe everything and aim. It gets much easier if you do.

When the combat finally *clicks* with you, and you get into that zone; you're pretty-much unstoppable.:wink:

Scotty on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is best game ever.

Hensler on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Agh what the fuck. The sound cut on the final part of Samara's loyalty quest. That's not a part you want that happening on. I'm going to restart the game and see if works this time.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    This is best game ever.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have to say that Bioware did an admirable work in turning the Soldier into a pretty fun class to play as. I'm still debating whether I should start over with a Vanguard or an Infiltrator but this far in ME 2 I'm not even bored with my Soldier, which I was after 1 hour in ME.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dashui wrote: »
    Agh what the fuck. The sound cut on the final part of Samara's loyalty quest. That's not a part you want that happening on. I'm going to restart the game and see if works this time.

This happened to me, too.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Yes.

But!

Oh, well, it was after some plot point. I forget which though. I made a point to talk to her since she always has something to say about new squadmates.

Creepy things to say.

I've talked to her after every new squad member!

This is madness. My game is broken

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I just tried it again. It cuts out at the same spot. Did you get it working or did you just end up turning on subtitles?

Dashui on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    This is best game ever.

I would scan every planet on the galaxy map if it would give me a way to 'uber-lime' this. Lime just doesn't properly convey how true this is.

Bobble on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    early Citadel spoilers
    Man, I feel bad for picking Anderson as Chairman of the Council. No one listens to him, everyone vetos his motions, and he just looks like he's having a miserable time. He looks like he'd rather be wearing bermuda shorts and a hawaiian shirt drinking pina coladas out of coconuts on some beach somewhere. I think in my next Renegade playthrough for ME1, I'm just going to saddle Udina with the crap job and let Anderson have his retirement.

Also, about the end of Moridin's recruitment quest
    I love the reaction his assistant has when he's back at the lab, and Moridin reveals that he is perfectly ok with killing people. The guy looked like someone ran over his dog.

Havelock on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Havelock wrote: »
    early Citadel spoilers
    Man, I feel bad for picking Anderson as Chairman of the Council. No one listens to him, everyone vetos his motions, and he just looks like he's having a miserable time. He looks like he'd rather be wearing bermuda shorts and a hawaiian shirt drinking pina coladas out of coconuts on some beach somewhere. I think in my next Renegade playthrough for ME1, I'm just going to saddle Udina with the crap job and let Anderson have his retirement.

I love the reaction his assistant has when he's back at the lab, and Moridin reveals that he is perfectly ok with killing people. The guy looked like someone ran over his dog.

You remember though that Udina is one of the biggest assholes in the universe? Seriously, fuck that guy. His idea of politics is at the expense of everyone else except him.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SekxtionSekxtion Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Beat the game last night. 'Twas incredibly epic.
    I lost Jacob and Zaeed. I don't care about either, but I'm going to try and save everyone this playthrough.

That being said,
    What power should I take? I'm a...whatever one has the Tech Armour. The name escapes me right now. I have full shield upgrades both for normal shields and for my Armour. I have maxed armour. So what lets me bring the pain in an over-the-top manner? My playstyle is mid-range combat, preferably with a solid assault rifle or heavy pistol, and very liberal use of my biotics. Any suggestions?

Bioware did an amazing job with Mass Effect 2. My god. I have a sore on my ass from playing this game for the past three days straight. I took leave to play this game. Totally worth it.

edit: reviewing this post, I ramble. I've been up since 0800PST yesterday playing this. Yes. It's that good.

Sekxtion on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Yes.

But!

Oh, well, it was after some plot point. I forget which though. I made a point to talk to her since she always has something to say about new squadmates.

Creepy things to say.

Every time you recruit a new squad member, leave the conference room and go talk to Yeoman Chambers. She'll give her opinion of the new recruit, and then you get one opportunity to respond. Many of the responses involve not-so-subtle flirting.

Flirt enough times, and you'll invite her upstairs for "dinner."

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I just tried it again. It cuts out at the same spot. Did you get it working or did you just end up turning on subtitles?

Didn't have a recent save. I just pretended that all the biotic fighting blew out Shepard's hearing for a second.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Chambers...
    I felt so gutshot and betrayed when she MELTED IN FRONT OF MY EYES! Not my bedwarmer! Not my flirtatious sex-retary! D:

Sekxtion on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sekxtion wrote: »
    Speaking of Chambers...
    I felt so gutshot and betrayed when she MELTED IN FRONT OF MY EYES! Not my bedwarmer! Not my flirtatious sex-retary! D:
    And just remember, you could have saved her if you weren't screwing around in the galaxy!

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ...but I had to ensure Legion's loyalty...

Sekxtion on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So someone mentioned a background creater dlc for the PC a few pages ago. Does this exist? Can someone link it to me?

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Z0re wrote: »
    Speaking of Chambers...
    And just remember, you could have saved her if you weren't screwing around in the galaxy!

If its not already this really needs adding to the OP.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    So someone mentioned a background creater dlc for the PC a few pages ago. Does this exist? Can someone link it to me?

No, they were just wishing for it.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, I was thinking last night after stopping playing for the night.

I never had a problem in ME with the squadmates and other secondary characters. Sure, some could be a little wooden but overall I felt that everyone in that game had a good personality and added to the story well enough to not ever question it.

Enter ME2.

Now, I'm probably 1/3-1/2 of the way through the game, if not more and it has me wondering: "How and why did I ever give a rats ass about any of the squad members of ME?". The level of personality all the squadmates have compared to those in the first game, helped immensely by the "loyalty missions" makes the ME characters feel more like paper dolls than actual characters in a galaxy saving quest.

I mean like literally blown away. I am totally eating my words after bitching about Subject Zero when she was first revealed way back when. She looked dumb and a really lame attempt at being "edgy" by saying fuck a lot. Fast forward months to actually playing the game and she's easily one of the most compelling characters in the game, with a genuinely interesting personality and story, and more depth than pretty much the entire ME squad combined. And she's just one character. They're all like that. Even Zaeed, the DLC guy, is more "alive" than anyone in ME was.

So kudos to all you writers at Bioware. I enjoyed ME so much I was honestly worried that there was no way ME2 could ever meet the expectations I had and was prepared to be disappointed, if not entertained. ME was arguably my favorite game of all time, at the very least in the top 5, and it has been dethroned handily. And I haven't even beaten the game.

Just...in ME3...please don't bring back this horrible planet scanning system.

Anyway...question about later-game squad members and their loyalty:
    Is it like ME where you have to have conversations spread out via missions to open up dialogue? I'm asking because I'm at the second set of recruits and I'm going and doing my early-game members loyalty quests.

What I'm worried about is that if I do these quests before picking up the other members, when I get those new ones there won't be enough missions to do to open up their loyalty quests via dialogue.

At the same time I'm worried about picking up the new members because after picking up the first 4 you are forced into a story section that you can't avoid and I don't want to get stuck with that again.

Can someone clarify this for me?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Machismo wrote: »
    Havelock wrote: »
    early Citadel spoilers

You remember though that Udina is one of the biggest assholes in the universe? Seriously, fuck that guy. His idea of politics is at the expense of everyone else except him.
    I don't like Udina, but it takes a politician to fight politicians, and while Anderson is a competent soldier, he isn't a competent politician. He even admits as much when you talk to him.

Havelock on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "Now. Drink it."

It's good to have you back, Angry Shepard.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So, I was thinking last night after stopping playing for the night.

I never had a problem in ME with the squadmates and other secondary characters. Sure, some could be a little wooden but overall I felt that everyone in that game had a good personality and added to the story well enough to not ever question it.

Enter ME2.

Now, I'm probably 1/3-1/2 of the way through the game, if not more and it has me wondering: "How and why did I ever give a rats ass about any of the squad members of ME?". The level of personality all the squadmates have compared to those in the first game, helped immensely by the "loyalty missions" makes the ME characters feel more like paper dolls than actual characters in a galaxy saving quest.

I mean like literally blown away. I am totally eating my words after bitching about Subject Zero when she was first revealed way back when. She looked dumb and a really lame attempt at being "edgy" by saying fuck a lot. Fast forward months to actually playing the game and she's easily one of the most compelling characters in the game, with a genuinely interesting personality and story, and more depth than pretty much the entire ME squad combined. And she's just one character. They're all like that. Even Zaeed, the DLC guy, is more "alive" than anyone in ME was.

So kudos to all you writers at Bioware. I enjoyed ME so much I was honestly worried that there was no way ME2 could ever meet the expectations I had and was prepared to be disappointed, if not entertained. ME was arguably my favorite game of all time, at the very least in the top 5, and it has been dethroned handily. And I haven't even beaten the game.

Just...in ME3...please don't bring back this horrible planet scanning system.

Is it like ME where you have to have conversations spread out via missions to open up dialogue? I'm asking because I'm at the second set of recruits and I'm going and doing my early-game members loyalty quests.

What I'm worried about is that if I do these quests before picking up the other members, when I get those new ones there won't be enough missions to do to open up their loyalty quests via dialogue.

At the same time I'm worried about picking up the new members because after picking up the first 4 you are forced into a story section that you can't avoid and I don't want to get stuck with that again.

I was worried about this, too, but you have nothing to worry about. It seems that the loyalty missions of the second set of recruits unlock MUCH faster than Miranda, Jacob and the rest.

Sekxtion on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Citadel shop spoilers...
    Shit, my fish died!

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok, thanks.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I was worried about this, too, but you have nothing to worry about. It seems that the loyalty missions of the second set of recruits unlock MUCH faster than Miranda, Jacob and the rest.

Sekxtion is correct. Additionally; N7 missions count.

If you don't want to scan planet 'cause it sucks (and it's not really very fun, but I've done much worse things), you don't have to actually scan the planet to know if it contains an N7 mission. Just get into orbit and if EDI doesn't say it has an anomaly, move on to the next planet. (You might want to read the planet's description to see if it mentions element zero, tho. If it does, it has some available from scanning.)

quarthinos on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Operator-C wrote: »

The conflict is that the Krogan aren't really a space-faring species, they can't deal with having their regular reproductive rate and being able to travel in space, they're just too much trouble. At least the Rachni aren't intentionally pains in the ass.

I suspect the Krogan destroyed each other and left their planet in nuclear winter because of overpopulation. So, even if...
    ...Wrex can kick start the Krogans in a more positive direction, which is really going against their evolution post-self destroyed world, they're still going to over-breed, which is still going to be a problem.
    The point is the new genophage, which supposedly stabilizes the Krogan population. That thing needs to keep Krogans at the appropriate birth rate so they can exist peacefully with other galactic civilizations.

Pretty much this. As unfortunate as it is, I don't really see any benefit in
    Curing the Genophage. It would just put us on a fast track to Krogan Rebellions 2, and then the Krogan would have to be either exterminated or sterilized again.

I think the way they handled the concept of the genophage in this game was pretty excellent:
    This is what real moral ambiguity looks like. And the amount of depth they were able to fit into Mordin was awesome, especially if you try to guilt him about the genophage during his quest. He is absolutely my favorite character so far, and his loyalty quest was my favorite.

I think that Mordin's idea that the Krogan having such a fast birth-rate would always lead to a rebellion isn't necessarily the only outcome of curing the genophage. He admits himself at one point that while the Krogan on the whole can be reckless and bloodthirsty, you can't make a judgment on individual Krogans. If the Krogan had someone as totally badass as Wrex to lead them they might be able to develop into a race that fits peacefully in with the rest of the galaxy, and no amount of simulations will account for fucking Wrex (man I'm glad he didn't die). Furthermore, when you talk to Mordin later he mentions that the Krogan rebellion was really the Salarian's fault, because they poured all this incredibly destructive technology on a warrior society that never had to develop it themselves. They weren't ready for the technology they were given.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    quarthinos wrote: »

Sekxtion is correct. Additionally; N7 missions count.

If you don't want to scan planet 'cause it sucks (and it's not really very fun, but I've done much worse things), you don't have to actually scan the planet to know if it contains an N7 mission. Just get into orbit and if EDI doesn't say it has an anomaly, move on to the next planet. (You might want to read the planet's description to see if it mentions element zero, tho. If it does, it has some available from scanning.)

Oh I know that. I don't mind scanning for missions, or hell, even just exploring the galaxy and reading the planet info's which are almost always interesting.

It's scanning for minerals. I currently have about 25k element zero, 150k Iridium, 100k Pallidium and 5k Platinum.

Guess which resource I need the most of? Guess which resource I can't seem to find at all now? :(

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    A question for those who have completed the game, is there a time limit imposed on the game if I want to get the ending where everyone makes it out alive? Is there some kind of limit to the amount of sidequests that you can complete before you are locked into the "bad" endings or are there other things that factor into what kind of ending you get? Please, don't spoil me, just inform me if I can mess around as much as I want in the galaxy or not.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Silpheed wrote: »
    A question for those who have completed the game, is there a time limit imposed on the game if I want to get the ending where everyone makes it out alive? Is there some kind of limit to the amount of sidequests that you can complete before you are locked into the "bad" endings or are there other things that factor into what kind of ending you get? Please, don't spoil me, just inform me if I can mess around as much as I want in the galaxy or not.

Theres only a time limit once you collect a certain device.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Silpheed wrote: »

You can until you do a certain mission, then you can do max one more before bad things happen.

Cut-off point
    Don't do the Reaper IFF mission until you are done

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmmph, I think I ran into a side-quest bug.

Omega: Packages for Ish
    I got the package from the Citadel, then went back to Omega to talk to Ish. I told him he should let this go, because Aria would get to him eventually. He agreed and left. In my quest log, however, it's still an open quest. When I expand it, it says for me to still deliver the package. Of course, if I collapse it, it says I've delivered both packages and Ish offered me his thanks. Both of those things are incorrect. Weird...

Dashui on
  • Options
    voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think the in-combat gameplay was pretty greatly improved over ME1, I'm ambivalent about gutting the items, and, while I do like my crew mates more this time, I think the overall story was a bit of a disappointment.

All of the game spoilers:
    The game starts off and you're off to fight the Reapers and their minions. The reveals had no punch. Collectors were repurposed Protheans, which I just didn't care about at all. I actually did like the Geth reveal, but it just wasn't enough.

Then there's the fucking terminator. With the explanation we have so far, this part is just stupid. I am open to the idea that it will be a lot less stupid as we find out more about the process (maybe even awesome), but fucking christ, they ended the game with it being stupid. We are the Reapers, we are out to destroy all organic life and have done so many times over the past hundreds of millions of years. Also, we like to dress up like our greatest enemies, and we really only destroy most organic life and repurpose what's left to make baby Reapers.

In the first game, you were out to prove yourself and humanity to the galaxy at large. You started off chasing a rogue agent and it snowballed into saving the galaxy in a spectacular and pretty public fashion. You earn your place in the SPECTREs and a lot of rad shit happens.

You start off as space Jesus in ME2. Nothing really happens. The whole game feels like a day in the life of Shepard. Fucking bitches and gettin' paid. From about half-way through the game, I kept expecting something big to happen. Instead, I got a lot of what is, at best, setup for ME3.

Also, none of my crew really ever challenged me in this game. Maybe I was playing it wrong, but they were all sucking my space dick the whole fucking time. There were no verge of mutiny moments.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the fuck out of playing the game. I didn't like that they replaced the pleasurable tedium of inventory management with the stupid tedium of scanning planets, but it didn't impact the game hugely for me. I just expected the Bioware Special and walked away disappointed.

voodoospork on