As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] Lich King? We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I am so rolling a warrior tank.

It is super fun. And I only just got devastate.

Hmm...Heroic Leap sounds like it'll make Heroic Throw obsolete for Trash Pulls. No new AoE abilities for Trash Tanking either.

No no no, what you do it hit heroic leap, and while you're mid air leaping, use heroic throw.

Leap, throw weapon, land with thunderous force, slam enemy in face with shield, yell THIS IS SPARTA!, pull weapon out of guy you threw it at, and proceed to kick ass.

Can you throw your weapon while you're still in the air on the way to the target? That would be pretty epic

I don't see why not, I use Heroic Throw while I'm Charging bosses all the time, just in case my SS misses when I get there.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Paladins are again proving to be the bastard child of design and require half a month longer for them to make decisions on .

Blizzard has never had any idea what the hell to do with paladins

override367 on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Hmm...Heroic Leap sounds like it'll make Heroic Throw obsolete for Trash Pulls. No new AoE abilities for Trash Tanking either.

No no no, what you do it hit heroic leap, and while you're mid air leaping, use heroic throw.

Leap, throw weapon, land with thunderous force, slam enemy in face with shield, yell THIS IS SPARTA!, pull weapon out of guy you threw it at, and proceed to kick ass.

Can you throw your weapon while you're still in the air on the way to the target? That would be pretty epic

I don't see why not, I use Heroic Throw while I'm Charging bosses all the time, just in case my SS misses when I get there.

I wish they'd make it so that Heroic Throw did its own Thunderclap when it hit too.
    THAT would be epic.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    So, as far as I can tell, there's even less stuff for me to do on my fury warrior. Because they're taking away WW from single target junk and not really giving fury anything new. Right? Or did I miss something?

Heroic Strike replaces WW in your Fury Rotation.

Also, fury gets a talent to make sunder armor do damage, while not a ton, it will allow you to fill in the holes with something spammable

Kai_San on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mturalon wrote: »
    Also, why are all of these priests saying they have too many abilities and their bars are filling up not running Mods? Decursive and Healbot essentially remove ALL of your requirements for keeping your healing/cleansing spells on your action bars... I find it hard to believe that anyone has that many necessary spells that they fill up 6 action bars worth of spells...

There isn't a :v: big enough for me to express my distaste for healbot.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am not a fan of healbot. Grid and macros are good enough for me.

Langly on
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Same here, Grid + Mouse-over macros has served me well in my tenure.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    a few things.

I want to see a smite build dps priest

Warrior changes seem pretty fuck awesome.

I want a fury war that wields 1h's again.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    MillbuddahMillbuddah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Alas, even with the charge glyph, I've yet to be able to charge first then heroic throw on my way in due to a crappy compy. Oh what a glorious day it will be if leap will allow for what you're talking about. In
    fact, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter good sir.

Millbuddah on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    a few things.

I want to see a smite build dps priest

Warrior changes seem pretty fuck awesome.

I want a fury war that wields 1h's again.

Looks like I'll have to improvise!

Oh wait, wrong Smite?

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    well like they were saying after casting the same spell 3 times in a row it improves it, maybe even smite.

I know they would never make holy a viable dps tree though.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have Decursive because it makes noise to let me know when people are cursed or poisoned. Then I use Clique + Raid Frames to click the debuff off. I'll use the Decursive unit frames to decurse only when I need to decurse a lot in a row (like the Curse of Doom trash pack on the way to the airship in ICC).

Opty on
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Eh, don't understand the distaste for healbot. It does everything you want it to efficiently without the need for anything else. And it makes noises if you want it too i think. I used to manually heal without it before, became in general a waaay better healer with it, even when it fails(patch days etc, tho this hasnt happened in a long long while).

Sammich on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are the plate heirlooms ok to use for tanking northrend instances?

jackal on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    while levelling, sure

all of the normal instances are tuned to be doable in levelling gear using dps specs to fulfill healing and tanking roles

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have never ever used healbot and the only times I've needed to use Decursive was back in the vanilla wow days for MC and AQ20 to cleanse the mass poisons and magic debuffs.

I'm mostly anti-mods unless it's frill like WoW Peggle or Atlas Loot. Mods that are supposed to do tasks for me or supposedly assist me with being a better healer/buffer, I don't bother with. Personal peeve: PallyPower. Fuck that mod. One paladin in your 10 man? Everyone gets Kings, no questions asked. If there's a shaman, you're getting Mana Spring, and if there's a warrior you're getting Battle Shout. 4 Paladins? Same damn thing, and as long as one of them is prot-spec, you're all getting a bonus in Blessing of Sanctity.

I hate being in raids with weeaboos who demand Blessing of Might for their piddly DPS numbers, especially after seeing 3 warriors in the raid already. One of them is likely to put up Battle Shout, and guess what? I'm holy spec. Their shout will overwrite my buff anyway.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's a QA up. For you furies, looks like they might add another attack since they don't want WW to be part of the rotation. This is interesting for Ret Pallies and Divine Storm; wonder if they have something planned along the same lines.

EDIT: QA in spoiler.
    Q: Will the rotation for a Fury Warrior just be Bloodthirst and Slam with Heroic Strike to burn off rage?
    A: We think Fury is going to end up needing another attack in there for single-target fights. Furious Sundering was intended more as having to Sunder being less of a penalty, but at only 3 stacks, it may not end up being a big deal and we don’t want Fury to feel like they have to purchase a talent that they may not always use. We don’t want Whirlwind to be a good button against single targets however. It essentially gets “free” damage against groups of targets when it’s effective at using against single targets. It’s okay if warriors still do more damage in fights where they can use Cleave and similar attacks often, but right now it’s too extreme.

Q: Are one-handed Fury warriors going to be competing with rogues for one-handed weapons?
    A: This is unlikely. Rogues and shaman will want one-handers with Agility, while warriors and death knights will want them with Strength. I won’t be surprised when one of these classes picks up the other’s weapon as it could be an upgrade simply based on the damage, but it won’t be optimal.

Q: Why are warriors not getting some kind of AoE tanking tool?
    A: We think the newly buffed Thunder Clap plus Shockwave are sufficient abilities for AoE tanking. The design of Vengeance should make sure that threat generation doesn’t start to slip behind as the dps characters gear up. It’s not our intention that tanks face a constant struggle to generate enough threat, even in group situations, but we also don’t want threat to be totally irrelevant either. The danger for tanking too many creatures should also be tank death not threat management.

Q: Is only Sunder Armor being changed?
    A: Rogue Expose Armor and other abilities that apply a similar debuff are being changed accordingly. They will all provide the same debuff at 12% armor reduction.

Q: What about rage loss when changing stances?
    A: We still want the act of changing stances to require more consideration than just clicking two buttons to use the ability you want. One idea we are going to explore is that you don’t lose rage when you change stances, but you won’t gain additional rage for a short period of time after changing. This lets you say swap to do an Execute without losing your rage bar, but still keeps the idea that shifting constantly comes with inherent efficiency risks.

Q: Is the intent of Gushing Wound that warriors constantly ask for targets to be kited around?
    A: No, it’s intended to be a bonus when you’re in an encounter where the target either moves around a lot (Ex. BONNNNE STORMMMM-ing Marrowgar) or just has to be moved around a lot (say Lich King). Warriors shouldn’t have the expectation of forcing every PvE opponent to move but it would be entertaining to watch this (from a third party perspective).

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sooo...you don't use grid or any other party frame addon? The Blizz ui is good enough for you?

You must be doing 10 mans only...

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PallyPower is an awesome mod. Makes buffing as a pally much less headache-inducing and lets someone else in the raid take care of what you're actually buffing.

As far as healing goes, it's grid and clique all the way. I honestly don't know how I'd heal without them. You might think of this as a bad thing, but frankly, grid hasn't had an update in an absurd amount of time and it still runs perfectly fine. Clique I think is a similar situation. If a major content patch hasn't ruined them yet, it is unlikely ever to.

So I'm perfectly fine being dependent on them, as they suit my healing style vastly more than the normal UI.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can understand the Healbot hate, because it's something that significantly reduces the required skill for good gameplay but... I've never considered buffing to be a part of gameplay. Ever. I don't sit there and go YESSSS! I HIT 3 BUFFS PER SECOND TODAY! Buffing is annoying but useful. The easier and faster it goes, the quicker we can get to and down content, which is the REAL meat of the game.

PallyPower hate is just silly. It's like hating on an accountant who uses Excel formulas to make their job faster. Using the formulas doesn't make them a better or worse accountant, necessarily, it just means that they will work faster with fewer headaches. It's purely a time savings device.

Hence: silliness.

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PallyPower is an awesome mod. Makes buffing as a pally much less headache-inducing and lets someone else in the raid take care of what you're actually buffing.

As far as healing goes, it's grid and clique all the way. I honestly don't know how I'd heal without them. You might think of this as a bad thing, but frankly, grid hasn't had an update in an absurd amount of time and it still runs perfectly fine. Clique I think is a similar situation. If a major content patch hasn't ruined them yet, it is unlikely ever to.

So I'm perfectly fine being dependent on them, as they suit my healing style vastly more than the normal UI.

Grid got an alpha update less than a week ago. Clique in December, both have been updated since 3.3. :3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

Grid got an alpha update less than a week ago. Clique in December, both have been updated since 3.3. :3

Well, at some point in time, Grid went without an update for several months. It's why some other group was working on Grid2.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I love how wow.com has started to talk about Naxx like it was 'Nam. "Back then we slogged both ways uphill in slime to face Grobbulus with only our teeth - AND WE LIKED IT!"

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love how wow.com has started to talk about Naxx like it was 'Nam. "Back then we slogged both ways uphill in slime to face Grobbulus with only our teeth - AND WE LIKED IT!"

I'm unable to get there now. Is there any way you could copy it and spoil it here for those of us goobers at a place of employment that have really odd firewall rules?

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I'm unable to get there now. Is there any way you could copy it and spoil it here for those of us goobers at a place of employment that have really odd firewall rules?

It's just an article about evil achievements that's all like IMMORTAL WAS SO HARD IT GAVE US ULCERS AND NERVOUS TICS

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oats wrote: »
    Blizz said they don't like the five second rule, and I think they wanted to replace it with in and out of combat regens.
    Yet another idea I pitched them about 3 or 4 years ago. :D

forty on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    To be fair they are talking about the immortal achievement

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honestly I don't look at PallyPower as a 'Healing AddOn' since its just a 'Paladin AddOn' that can't even be used while in combat. Coordinating Pally buffs is some seriously tedious shit.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have never ever used healbot and the only times I've needed to use Decursive was back in the vanilla wow days for MC and AQ20 to cleanse the mass poisons and magic debuffs.

I'm mostly anti-mods unless it's frill like WoW Peggle or Atlas Loot. Mods that are supposed to do tasks for me or supposedly assist me with being a better healer/buffer, I don't bother with. Personal peeve: PallyPower. Fuck that mod. One paladin in your 10 man? Everyone gets Kings, no questions asked. If there's a shaman, you're getting Mana Spring, and if there's a warrior you're getting Battle Shout. 4 Paladins? Same damn thing, and as long as one of them is prot-spec, you're all getting a bonus in Blessing of Sanctity.

I hate being in raids with weeaboos who demand Blessing of Might for their piddly DPS numbers, especially after seeing 3 warriors in the raid already. One of them is likely to put up Battle Shout, and guess what? I'm holy spec. Their shout will overwrite my buff anyway.

No, it won't. Most holy paladins (like me) spec into improved of both blessings, because you go up the ret tree anyway. Not only that, but battle shout is a bitch to keep up, whereas greater blessing of might is a 30 minute buff. Pally Power is a very easy to use, very important raid mod because it streamlines the buffing process and takes roughly ten seconds to set up and use. It also tells you what auras the other people are doing, and you can set it up to assign 10 minute, personal buffs for people so you can have someone do greater wisdom on the druids but still keep the bear tank mighted.

It's very useful, and people who get some sort of e penis about not using mods are retarded.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I should re-iterate. Raid tools and mods that some RLs considering mandatory like healbot/grid/clique or what-have-you, are the ones I'm against.

I personally still run xperl (I like the 3D animated portraits) as my UI and I'm aware it comes with party window colourization when one of the raid members gets poisoned or diseased and I need to cleanse. In that regard, I concede, I know who to cleanse and when and it's valuable. But I refuse to get something like healbot which clutters up my screen space and doesn't do a whole lot for me. I've stared at green bars for the last 4 years enough to know who to heal and which spell to use, and I'm consistently on top for healing in my 10s and usually not far behind the shamans and druids (of equivalent gear and skill) in ICC25.

My issue with PP is that everyone expects me to have it. Part of me is rebellious in that I detest catering to the whims of others, but also, seriously: buffing is not a complicated job and shouldn't even be a source of headaches if everyone wasn't a fucking baby about it like life depended on full buffs being up or god forbid, you'll be out a couple hundred dps. All it takes is a little designation among your paladins.

Assuming there's no shaman, warrior or kings drums in your 5/10/(lol)25:
    1 paladin: Kings all around. Maybe Might for the rogues/DKs if you're feeling generous, of they grovel at your feet.
    2 paladins: If one's prot, sanctity the tanks, kings the rest. Other pally can kings the tanks and wis/might as necessary.
    3 paladins: Same as above, but now you have wis and might covered across the whole group.
    4 paladins: Profit.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    It's not a question of how many paladins there are, it's just less of a headache for everyone to remember who and what they are buffing.

And, like I said, you can assign 10 minute spot buffing if you have two paladins and need to wisdom/might the same class.

For instance:

We have two paladins, me and a prot paladin. He kings/sancs everyone, and I might/wisdom everyone. By setting up pally power, I can make it so that I remember which classes have mixed melee and caster spots, and also have timers on those shorter buff.

Langly on
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

See, this is exactly why I hate PallyPower (and I do use it). Some tool who has little to no idea how it actually works gets into a pug and then proceeds to screw up buffing because he/she is used to having someone else set it all up for them.

I'd much rather people have to use some sense in the buffing process (sans addon if necessary) than believe that it should be automated for them. PallyPower allows silly geese to be lazy and not pay attention, which is great in your own raid (your guild can deal with your bull) but a massive headache in a pug.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

See, this is exactly why I hate PallyPower (and I do use it). Some tool who has little to no idea how it actually works gets into a pug and then proceeds to screw up buffing because he/she is used to having someone else set it all up for them.

I'd much rather people have to use some sense in the buffing process (sans addon if necessary) than believe that it should be automated for them. PallyPower allows silly geese to be lazy and not pay attention, which is great in your own raid (your guild can deal with your bull) but a massive headache in a pug.

to be frank, it isn't as though people too stupid to know how to use their blessings (and you have to be stupid) are going to mess them up with or without pallypower. the mod has little or nothing to do with it.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Back in the day when Blessings were 5 minutes only (upgraded to 15 midway through Molten Core progression!) PallyPower was a literal godsend. These days? I'm not handing out 30 minute buffs with 10 minute off-buffs to the hybrids to clear the two toughest bosses in VoA. Usually everyone's overgeared for the encounter anyway, and it's a sure win, but people need their buffs or we'll all doomed to fail. *snort*

Just let the healers do their jobs and don't stand in the fires.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like a mentality that'll get you far in the more tightly tuned hardmode raids.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like a mentality that'll get you far in the more tightly tuned hardmode raids.

You're ridiculous. Clearly coordinating with other players to maximize a valuable series of buffs and increase everyone's efficiency isn't worth the extra time it takes! We need that to stand around alt-tabbed out while waiting on the boss pull!

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The "free purp tuesday" mentality of ridiculously easy encounters is what makes groups wipe, and makes bad players.

Langly on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So with those levelling revamps they did around the end of tBC, how did it go again?

level 20 = more quest exp, and level 30+ has reduced xp per level?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm too cool to properly buff my group. It's not like this shit's even that har-- GOD DAMMIT DPS WHY ARE THOSE FROZEN ORBS NOT DOWN YET?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    The "free purp tuesday" mentality of ridiculously easy encounters is what makes groups wipe, and makes bad players.
    I really don't have a problem with VoA, and never have. It's 2 encounters. 10-man, and 25-man. The individual bosses don't really count enough to matter. The people who are going to become bad players from VoA aren't going to matter enough to make any difference in anyone's lives.

Cilla Black on
This discussion has been closed.