As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 Info and FAQ Thread (ASK QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    RadioactiveTRadioactiveT Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hey i just recently moved, about a week ago actually, and realized that all of my pax registration and mailing address is set to my old address.

I did go through USPS change of address form for forwarding all of my stuff but I am concerned about getting my registration packet. Is there any way i can change that info to make sure next month i recieve all of my stuff in the mail.

RadioactiveT on
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Are there any cosplay restrictions?

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Nothing nakie. :o

Otherwise, as long as it's something you wouldn't mind a 12yo seeing, it's okay. At least that's how I understand the restrictions, family friendly show and all.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    hey i just recently moved, about a week ago actually, and realized that all of my pax registration and mailing address is set to my old address.

I did go through USPS change of address form for forwarding all of my stuff but I am concerned about getting my registration packet. Is there any way i can change that info to make sure next month i recieve all of my stuff in the mail.

From the FAQ in the OP:
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I have moved since buying my PAX passes. How do I change my address information to ensure that my passes get mailed to my current address and not my previous address?
    First, you should submit a change of address through the USPS. This will ensure all mail sent to your previous address is sent to your current address. As far as changing your registration, you can do that via the registration site (accessable from http://www.paxsite.com/registration.php). Just click the question mark, select the last option, and it should guide you through the process of changing the address to whatever you want.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

Nothing nakie. :o

Otherwise, as long as it's something you wouldn't mind a 12yo seeing, it's okay. At least that's how I understand the restrictions, family friendly show and all.

that, and no weapons. not even nerf, por favor. a good guideline there is nothing that may appear threatening or menacing to others.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also nothing that fires projectiles.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What about fake knives? Just checking because I know PAX is more strict on fake weapons than other cons. It won't have any metal, probably just plastic but I'm just making sure and I'd go out of my way to make sure it doesn't look authentic.

Also one of my costumes has a walking stick, would those be allowed?

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Walking sticks would definitely be allowed. My prop at PAX East was basically a spray-painted walking stick, and nobody said a word to me.

Knives you would definitely have to run through one of the enforcers - it would probably be on a case-by-case basis.

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sure it's a no on the knives. The policy tends to go "if it looks like a weapon, don't bring it"

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okee dokee artichokee. I'll keep that in mind. :)

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    LBJWADE33LBJWADE33 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Question about parking...
    The Washington State Convention & Trade Center has it's parking, but it closes at midnight according to their site, when the events seem to last until 2AM.
    Anyone know any parking areas around there that don't close before the events end?

LBJWADE33 on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Hyatt's parking is open 24 hours, and is just across the street. http://www.standardparkingnw.com/locations/lot.asp?id=39

I believe, however, that if you are paying by credit/debit card and pay using the machine, you'll be able to leave any time you wish, but you won't be able to re-enter the parkade. Don't quote me on this, though.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think you're right, GeeCee. Especially since you can get to the garage from inside the WSCTC.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    GamesharkGameshark Watch how I soar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Here's a question I've got now that the other gaming website I visit has started to get PAX planning into gear:

Other the past two years people at Noobtoob have invaded the console freeplay room every Friday night in order to take part in what we call the "Kickle Cubicle Thon". Whoever has worked in the freeplay rooms may remember us from 08 when we took over a whole room and didn't want to leave until 3am, and from 09 when we were the largest group of people in the free play space making a ton of noise. We also provided the awesome enforces with cake/pizza last year. It was an absolute blast, and I'd like to thank everyone for putting up with us. I do have bad news though, we plan to do that same thing again this year.

Last year we had some confusion going on though because while the Kicklethon was going on we also had the "Noobathon" (a small version of the Omegathon for our community) running in the same area. I understand that there is a one hour play limit on all console/games, but I was wondering if for the Friday you guys could bend the rules for us? If this isn't the right place to ask a question like this, pointing me in the right direction would be extremely awesome.

Gameshark on
  • Options
    RomulasRomulas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hey, im called bullet, im that brit that goes to PAX every year and brings his hookah, just wanted to see if i could get contact info from of the enforcers i know and find out about being an enforcer since ive been every year to pax since it was a behbeh, i have a few of you lots phone numbers "codeninja" but would prefer not to bother you on the phone. so if you recognize me, send me a pm! thanks.

Romulas on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Unfortunately this year there hasn't been a call for new enforcers. Better luck next year or at East!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    ValanderValander Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

From the FAQ in the OP:
    I have moved since buying my PAX passes. How do I change my address information to ensure that my passes get mailed to my current address and not my previous address?
    First, you should submit a change of address through the USPS. This will ensure all mail sent to your previous address is sent to your current address. As far as changing your registration, you can do that via the registration site (accessable from http://www.paxsite.com/registration.php). Just click the question mark, select the last option, and it should guide you through the process of changing the address to whatever you want.

Your link is broken, Moe. Should be http://www.paxsite.com/paxprime/registration.php, but that doesn't work, either, because it seems to only take you to the "buy new pass" option.

It appears that if you still have your confirmation email from when you initially purchased your pass (you should!), you can click on the link provided in there to print your tickets, then you can get to the help thing. It doesn't look like there's an option to actually change your address, but the "I have a question about the show" does seem to bring up a form that might work.

EDIT:
    Actually, scouring the help there, found this tidbit, which I'll just paste here because it's easier.
    Q: My address, phone number, and/or email address has changed. Where do I update my information so the packet goes to the right place?
    A: Email the updated information to:
    Cathy Glickstein
    Senior Registration Manager
    Reed Exhibitions
    cglickstein@reedexpo.com

Valander on
    D.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I updated the OP with that information, thanks.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Another question about cosplay weapons : Would it be ok to bring a drill Big daddy(Delta) style? Non-spinning, plastic and not threatening looking, would that be acceptable?

Like this:
    Untitled-6.png

TheParasite on
  • Options
    ShervynShervyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gameshark wrote: »
    Here's a question I've got now that the other gaming website I visit has started to get PAX planning into gear:

Other the past two years people at Noobtoob have invaded the console freeplay room every Friday night in order to take part in what we call the "Kickle Cubicle Thon". Whoever has worked in the freeplay rooms may remember us from 08 when we took over a whole room and didn't want to leave until 3am, and from 09 when we were the largest group of people in the free play space making a ton of noise. We also provided the awesome enforces with cake/pizza last year. It was an absolute blast, and I'd like to thank everyone for putting up with us. I do have bad news though, we plan to do that same thing again this year.

Last year we had some confusion going on though because while the Kicklethon was going on we also had the "Noobathon" (a small version of the Omegathon for our community) running in the same area. I understand that there is a one hour play limit on all console/games, but I was wondering if for the Friday you guys could bend the rules for us? If this isn't the right place to ask a question like this, pointing me in the right direction would be extremely awesome.

Hey, I totally remember you guys and actually meant to start a thread over on the NoobToob Forum about it weeks ago, but RL caught up with me. I am the CCFP manager and would love to work with you guys so you can have the resources you need. PM and we can start figuring stuff out.

Also, this is a general invitation to any member of the PAX community. If you guys have some event that you would like to put on that is related to Classic Consoles please get in touch with me and if we can reasonably accommodate you we will.

For example at EC we had some guys come by who wanted to do a versus MegaMan 2 speed run with color commentary. We were able to set them up with consoles and copies of the game and it turned out to be an enormous amount of fun for the 80+ spectators and for the participants. I would love to have more of this stuff going on all weekend.

Shervyn on
    A man who could afford $50 had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in 10 yrs' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a $100 on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. -Vimes
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Another question about cosplay weapons : Would it be ok to bring a drill Big daddy(Delta) style? Non-spinning, plastic and not threatening looking, would that be acceptable?

Like this:
    Untitled-6.png
    That looks to me like it should be fine (not an official opinion of PAX organizers).
    As long as you're responsible with it and not menacing, it should be fine. Looks pretty damn cool, btw!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    arcadenightsarcadenights Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I would like to Exhibit at PAX , who is in charge of this? I've e-mailed the address given at the site but no response. Time is ticking; is PAX full?:?

arcadenights on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Try emailing Mike Fehlauer, I think that's his department: mikef@penny-arcade.com

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    FriskachuFriskachu Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Id like to order two hotel rooms at once, but I am not a business. wat do? I just dont want to put down false information or anything.

Friskachu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just call up the hotel and tell them you want two rooms. You don't have to be a business to to that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    GoosecheckaGoosechecka Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This will be my second time at PAX. The first time I was a speaker and definitely enjoyed getting into the hall early. This time, I have a media badge and was wondering what kind of perks, if any, come with it. Thank you.

Goosechecka on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This will be my second time at PAX. The first time I was a speaker and definitely enjoyed getting into the hall early. This time, I have a media badge and was wondering what kind of perks, if any, come with it. Thank you.

The only thing you get is access to the expo hall one hour early on one of the days (I dont recall which) and access to the media room. You still have to wait in lines and such (no different than a normal attendee in that regard).

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    PyrrockPyrrock Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Sorry if this has been asked. I recently moved, how do I update my mailing address for my badge? Thanks in advance.

Pyrrock on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pyrrock wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked. I recently moved, how do I update my mailing address for my badge? Thanks in advance.
    Q: My address, phone number, and/or email address has changed. Where do I update my information so the packet goes to the right place?
    A: Email the updated information to:
    Cathy Glickstein
    Senior Registration Manager
    Reed Exhibitions
    cglickstein@reedexpo.com

Heleor on
  • Options
    CrimsonNekoCrimsonNeko Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Edit: Sorry if my post worried anyone still planning their trip. As has been clarified (and was probably posted somewhere obvious considering the speed of response), tickets are not sold out. Just a system bug that should be fixed by Monday. Look forward to PAX! Although, let this be a painful reminder to anyone who is just procrastinating on tickets! ;P

CrimsonNeko on
  • Options
    LightdrowLightdrow Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys this will be the first year my fiancée and I will be going to PAX and I didn't get enough money for the tickets till today but it looks like the 3 day tickets are out. I was wondering if they ever get more or if I can get them the day of the con or if I am SOL.

If they really don't have any more 3 day tickets and there is no chance of them getting them back then I would be looking for anyone who found out they cant go. I need 2 tickets and would be willing to pay a little extra or anything I just don't really have the money to pay the $105 for each of us that we would have to pay if we got a ticket for each day.

Any info would be really awesome, we had planned to go down with some friends and we would really hate to miss this chance since this would be our first year attending.

Lightdrow on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There will be more available Monday.

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There will be more available Monday.

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    LightdrowLightdrow Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    really oh thank you for that info, thank you, thank you.

Lightdrow on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There was an error on our registration page that we are working on fixing this weekend, fear not! We are not yet sold out of three day passes! It should be up again by Monday at the latest.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    CrimsonNekoCrimsonNeko Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the clarification. Set me and my friends into all out panic mode. All good though. Might want to post a sticky til its fixed or something though. Actually, nevermind, just having this thread here will probably give any panicking PAX planners the heads up they need.

CrimsonNeko on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Registered!

I can't wait. This will be awesome again. Hear that everyone? Bring your awesome game!

Such a convenient locale! I walk by that place all the time, now I'm really looking forward to seeing the interior.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    not to be a nusance, but there was an announce ment up earlier that was mentioning the 3-day pass error, and that announcement is gone now. also, 3-day passes still not working, but it's not mondya yet...

I would like to move to put that announcement back up maybe?

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey Spiffy,

Moe has created an announcement thread at the top of the forum mentioning three day passes are in fact not sold out, it's a little harder to see, but we are still letting people know :)

UPDATE: Tickets are now back on sale.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks heels!

Usagi on
This discussion has been closed.