As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On!] Shadowrun 3rd PbP "Celtic Double-Cross"

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blackstone accompanies Morgan, his Pistol up and ready for anything.

Stealth Roll = 16, 1 Um. Either I did something wrong in Orokos....or my Stealth check was fantastic.
    Athletics = 2, 1, 4

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Somewhere in Tir Na Nog. 9:13PM, 04.18.58

After a few minutes creeping back through the woods Morgan and Blackstone find a slightly beat up off-road bike, a still unconscious goon in security armor, and one clip of ammo for an uzi.

The sound of the helicopters further back quiets down, you imagine some dozen or so TRC men checking out the scene. The woods are somewhat dark and foreboding like in that fantasy book from the last century with the little half-man guys and some old wizard. You wonder what that old oak tree would look like if it jumped up on it's roots and started chasing you too.

You push those silly thoughts out of your mind. What now, chummers?

illgottengains on
  • Options
    BeerbabyBeerbaby Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Quietly, Lumiere hisses to the others. "If that man is alive, he will sing for us, I promise you."

Lumiere moves towards the crash, signalling to Morgan and Blackstone to lift the target up. Once done, she quickly concentrates and applies another telekinetic helper; this time to affect the hostage and silently carrying him with the retreating group.

Lumiere will use Levitate to carrying the future target of interrogation to somewhere safer.

Dice rolling to cast Levitate @ Force 3 -

Sorcery Test: Spellcasting (7) + Spell Pool (2) vs TN: 6 - If he weighs less than 300kg, 1 success. If he weighs less than 200kg, 4 successes.
    Drain Resistance: Willpower (6) + Spell Pool (2) + Power Focus (2) vs 4M = 7 successes - no drain taken

The target unconscious guy is now flying low to ground at either 4 meters or 12 meters per turn (depending on weight).

We can move along pretty well now, I think.

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hey guys I'm still interested in this but my PC shit the bed until Monday or so assume I voted with the group unless I find a place to post from

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That's all good johnny. The game will still be here on monday. In the time being if your dude is called upon to do something I'll handle the rolls for him. :D

If anyone wants that off-road bike it is still drivable. It's going to be real hard to fit in out in public in security armor, but if anyone wants it you can strip the goon. For the time being I'm assuming that one of you will want the bike and that you move on away from the lodge.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've got Bikes 2, so I can probably drive it the best out of all of us. If we're just riding it somewhere, though, I doubt that matters much.

Do we have any idea where we're going? Or where we're hauling the goon?

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010
    No point in the bike unless we can all be faster than walking, somehow. It just makes a lot of extra noise in that case.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010
    I've got Bikes 2, so I can probably drive it the best out of all of us. If we're just riding it somewhere, though, I doubt that matters much.

Bike 3 here :P ;)

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »

Bike 3 here :P ;)
    Curses! Foiled again.

You're right about the bike, but I'd hate to just leave it out here. It might not be worth the trouble, though.

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    IMO the bike is definitely not worth the trouble.

"Further away", "until we reach a cliff" or "until we reach a road" are my preferred destinations.

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The woods. Sometime around midnight. 04.19.56

Weird hoots and howls fill the night as you wander through the forest. You wish that the noises didn't sound so much like someone being strangled - it's starting to get on your nerves a bit. Something tells you that setting up camp here is not a good idea. You press on through the dark and fog peering ever ahead for some sign of a road or town or something. Gradually, you make out a few hillocks to your left that look like enormous molehills. As you near them they rise up from the earth and charge straight for you! The fragging things look a little like trolls, but they have huge limbs, hands and feet like shovels, and knobs sticking out all over their skins. The four of them stand at about 3 meters and if they went on a diet they might just get under 300 kilos.

It's time for action.
    These monstrous trolls are about 20 meters away from who ever is leading this party.

Ok the players win the init average again. All PCs may take their first pass. Everyone except Sawbones, Gabriel and Tank receive 2 passes this combat turn.

You have four running targets at 20 meters with light fog.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In anticipation of the assault, there is a quiet thump within the group as the captive rider hits the ground. She quickly fires off a couple of bursts at the oncoming trolls, though in the light it is hard to tell the impact made.

Free: drop Levitate, our captive falls to the ground

TN: 5 (20 meters)
    -2 (Smartlink)
    +2 (light fog vs low-light)
    +2 (target running)
    +1 (light stun)
    TN: 8

Simple Action: Ares Predator, 5d6 + 2d6 (Combat Pool) = 0 successes

Simple Action: Ares Predator, 5d6 + 1d6 (Combat Pool), TN: +1 (9, SA) = 2 successes

One semi-automatic burst hits for 9S damage

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010
    Knowledge check against paranormal creatures: 3, 3, 5, 5

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    They're fomorians. Or trolls affected with the HMHVV-II virus.

Ugh. Orokos is down atm and I can't be bothered to figure out invis castle right now. Resist test coming later on hopeully.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Ugh. Orokos is down atm and I can't be bothered to figure out invis castle right now. Resist test coming later on hopeully.
    Orokos isn't down. Try clearing your cookies first, you're using the right account name but wrong password. There was a change to the way cookies are handled that might be screwing you over.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010

"Dem be Fomorians. Fomorians can pass de vampiric virus, so unless anybody want a severe alergy to sunlight, I suggest we kill dem quick."

Shushnik on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010
    Aim, then shooting with the Browning.

5 range
    -1 aim
    -1 laser sights
    +2 fog
    +2 target running
    Total TN = 7

2 successes, 9S damage

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "I do not suppose they would know of any nice hotels nearby, then?"

Alistair tried to sound cheerful, as if getting charged by a small group of large trolls were an everyday occurrence.
    Only in the Tir does the land itself come after you.

Note for the future: stay in the cities if you ever come back to this place.

In a blur of motion, the Predator was out of its holster, up and firing on these monstrosities, and the monofilament whip was swinging free from the clasp around his other wrist, the line snapping against the night air as it extended to its full length.

The shot grazed off the fomorian’s thick hide, not even scratching it.
    He grinned, cruel and vicious, and readied himself for the charge.
    Quick Draw (successful) + Shoot

Base 5 (range), -1 smart goggles, +2 visibility, +2 target running = TN 8
    Pistols (+2 Combat Dice): 0 successes

Use other simple to ready the mono whip

Hooray for melee combat finally!
    Now watch closely as I get eviscerated by my own weapon. Or get my shit pushed in by some trolls.

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Exhausted, Cross shifts the briefcase around for the hundreth time as he walks in the middle of the group. "We've been walking for a long time, we should have hit a road by now." Talking to no one in particular, the ol' ork speaks to cut through the tension of possibly being hunted. Shouting from up ahead snaps him to attention as he narrows his eyes to see through the fog. Whatever it was, they weren't friendly.

Reaching into his coat, he withdraws his Predator and lets loose with a single bullet in their general direction. "Stop or we'll keep shooting!"
    Quick Draw: 2,5,3,1,5. 2 Successes

Base TN: 4
    +2 Long Range
    +2 Fog
    TN: 8

Using 3 Combat Pool.
    Miss - 3,1,3,4,2,3,4,1,4

Take Aim for second action.

Ammo: 10/15, 11/15

Valkun on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, our friend is still asleep I take it? Guess the interrogation will have to come later.

Valkun on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010
    Valkun wrote: »
    So, our friend is still asleep I take it? Guess the interrogation will have to come later.
    It's quicker if I read the information from his mind without an interrogation, but I'd hate to deny others their fun. :)

Shushnik on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tank extends his handblade with a careful flick of his wrist, then levels his roomsweeper to add his own fire to the troll that's already been shot.
    Free: Activate Handblade.
    Simple: Take Aim.
    Simple: Fire roomsweeper at the troll everyone else has been shooting.
    TN = Base 5, +2 Running, +2 Fog, -1 Take Aim, -2 Choke = 6
    Using 4 combat dice: 3, 1, 6, 5, 3, 4, 3, 1, 5, 1 = 1 Success, 7S damage, or 7D if the troll isn't armored.

For clarity, I'm assuming that Tank is in the front of the group, since he would want to act as, well, a tank. It's also unlikely that he would have put the roomsweeper away, since he has nowhere to put it.

Denada on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got a laptop I can use now. are the additional expanded rules for auto fire in play here? the ones from CC for spraying areas and stuff?

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Lumiere's shot catches the massive troll in the shoulder. As thick as their hides might be they aren't bulletproof. The fomorian roars with anger at the all too familiar sensation of lead ripping into his flesh. (hits for moderate damage.)

Cross and Alistairs' shots miss their marks while Tank's shotgun blast simply flattens the monstrous beast that Lumiere softened up. It's limbs and chunks of flesh exploding back from where it's body once stood. (hits for deadly damage)

Gabriel calmly levels the browning max power that he'd been carrying and puts a magnum round into a second fomorian. It reels back clutching it's stomach as tendrils of blood spill to the forest floor. (hit for serious damage)
    I'm 6/9 for the players if I counted correctly. You have one dead fomorian and one that's hit for serious physical damage. We'll call him Fomorian B. Tank that roomsweeper is now out of ammo. You will need to reload it or use something else. Everyone else, please keep a running count of your ammo. Think of it like resident evil. You are stuck in the Tir with limited resources. Guns and Ammo aren't sold here like they are in the states. You'll have to go through Mrohgg to get your hands on it and that means time.

Johnny, as stated in the OP and throughout the thread, I want to stick to the core SR3 as much as possible for this run. The reason being is that it's been a while since I've run SR and I want to reacquaint with the original rules before I expand into other areas. Not to mention that you guys don't have a full auto weapon at this point.

You can put some AOE damage out there though with some stunbolts. Tank could have nailed more of them with the choke down on the shotgun but he would probably not have outright killed the one.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Blackstone braces his trusty Predator in a marksmans grip, drawing a bead on the second monster. Then his chummers opened up with a hail of bullets and magic, both beasts taking hits. Ignoring the cacophany around him, Blackstone kept his aim true.

Seeing the first infected troll gets its guts blown out puts a smile on his face as Blackstone's face as he pulls the trigger once and then twice, sending a double-tap downfield. Both shots hit thier mark, and more blood flows.

Simple Action: Aim at Formorian

Pass 1: Fire! 8d6o6t2: 6 [8d6o6t2=2, 1, 4, 1, 4, 3, 4, 11] Thats 6 successes, Damage = 9M (Target Number = 2 = 5(range) + 4(fog) - 2(Smartlink) - 4(Thermo-vision) -1(Aimed Shot))

Pass 2: Fire 2! 8d6o6t3: 6 [8d6o6t3=5, 2, 11, 3, 5, 3, 1, 3] Thats another 6 sucesses, Damage = 9M (Target Number = 3 = 5(range) + 4(fog) - 2(Smartlink) - 4(Thermo-vision) -1(Aimed Shot) + 1(second shot))

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Steelhawk, I was about to say that you had one too many actions on your pass but I see here that you meant for each of your passes. I'll try and be as clear as possible in my less than sober state. Each combat turn = all combatant's initiative passes. Since you score an 18 on your init you have two passes in this combat turn. The first set of actions you take is you first pass for this turn. After you state you actions and all the other players do as well, the NPCs will take a go and then you get your second pass after everyone has taken their first pass.

As it stands now you have a take aim and a fire weapon which are both simple actions. That's the first pass's actions. On your next pass you could take aim and fire again since you have two simple actions left on that pass.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    IAmUnawareIAmUnaware Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Looks like a TN 5 for Blindside (5 range + 2 running target - 2 smartlink + 0 fog/thermographic). I'll take two shoots, each aiming for Fomorian B if he's still up or the next closest if he's not.
    First shot, adding four combat pool: 4, 3, 11, 5, 1, 3, 7, 10 = 4 successes
    Second shot, adding three combat pool: 5, 13, 2, 1, 1, 2, 11 = 3 successes

"I appreciate your style of negotiation!" Blindside yells to Cross, snapping his arm up and firing so quickly that it seems like he couldn't have had time to aim. He figures that his own fire combined with the barrage from his allies should stop these monstrosities in their tracks.
    Unfortunately, he may be slightly overestimating his own prowess.

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Steelhawk, I was about to say that you had one too many actions on your pass but I see here that you meant for each of your passes. I'll try and be as clear as possible in my less than sober state. Each combat turn = all combatant's initiative passes. Since you score an 18 on your init you have two passes in this combat turn. The first set of actions you take is you first pass for this turn. After you state you actions and all the other players do as well, the NPCs will take a go and then you get your second pass after everyone has taken their first pass.

As it stands now you have a take aim and a fire weapon which are both simple actions. That's the first pass's actions. On your next pass you could take aim and fire again since you have two simple actions left on that pass.
    I realize that, but I figured since I was the last player to go (I think?) I'd bundle my actions into one IC post.
    The double-tap was not an actual move, but more of an explanation for the two shots. And you're right, I should have put the aim action and the shot under the first pass, and not split it up like that. Sorry for any confusion. Nothing about my post needs to be edited, does it?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Lumiere lines up another shot at one of the remaining trolls, managing what looks to be a good shot at its torso.

Simple Action: Aim

TN: 5 (20 meters)
    -2 (Smartlink)
    +2 (light fog vs low-light)
    +2 (target running)
    +1 (light stun)
    -1 (Aim)
    TN: 7

Simple Action: Ares Predator, 5d6 +4d6 (Combat Pool) = 2 successes

One semi-automatic burst hits for 9S damage

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    hehe getting some confusion going on here. We're on Pass 1 (players) atm. Looking for Sawbones actions annd... who else.. morgan I think. Beerbaby you've already made actions on this pass and will need to wait until after the fomorians go to take that third shot. Steelhawk no you don't need to edit that post but if you could paste your second pass when the second pass occurs it'll save me from searching through the posts to find the rolls.

You guys have two unscathed Fomorians C and D left.

Sooo... Next up! and On Deck!

1st pass

Morgan and Sawbones

Enraged Vampiric Trolls!

The fog lights up like lightning arching 'cross cloud as Blindside's ares predator cracks twice. The injured troll drops to his knees as blood pours from his wounds. He sputters, his lungs already filling, chokes and falls limp.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    hm. ok if we don't get posts from Morgan and Sawbones I'll be rolling them into my turn :p

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ok in the absence of Morgan and Sawbones posts I'll take their actions for them, if I don't hear from them before long I may have to have them get lost in the woods or something. Hopefully not.

A cacophony of gunshots erupts suddenly, without thinking Morgan brings his pistol up from hanging at his side and lets two bullets fly. Unfortunately he misses his mark by some margin.

At about the same time Sawbones brings the uzi he nabbed earlier and lets a burst off into one of the trolls. The bullets sinking into the things hardened flesh. It howls and charges at the ork attempting to slam one burly fist into Sawbones.

And Sawbones taking a huge hit the sternum. He staggers back but is still on his feet. (serious stun)

The other unwounded troll approaches Tank. They tangle a bit, the troll using his superior reach to his advantage ( Fomorian D has 6 successes for his combat test. You may use unarmer combat +combat pool TN is 4+2(light fog)

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man, I am going to fuck these fomorians up.
    Could we get a run down on conditions once this pass is resolved?

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Unarmed Combat vs. TN 6 = 4, 4, 4, 1, 6, 2, 3, 6 = 2 Successes

My total impact armor is 3, or 5 if my pants and coat stack.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Although the fomorian is unskilled in pretty combat techniques it is more than capable of bringing a huge knee to Tank's face.
    Yer looking at 9 deadly stun with 4 unchecked successes for 13D minus your armor for a final TN of 8D (stun)

Status report.

Fomorian C Serious physical damage. In melee with Sawbones. No longer running.

Fomorian A and B DEAD

Fomorian D uninjured. In melee with Tank.

After the damage is resolved all of you with second passes may take them.
    Sawbones, Gabriel and Tank are the only ones who didn't manage to get a second pass.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    LockeJawLockeJaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Pass 2:

The eerie silence of the Celtic night ruptured by gunfire, Morgan staggers back, away from the hulking shapes of the Fomorians and raises his Predator, taking a moment to focus on the one tearing up the medic.

"Hey, doc. Don't worry. You won't feel a thing."

Just as his finger tightens on the trigger, the creature lunges at Sawbones again causing the shot to miss.
    Assuming I have at least 4 combat pool left and that now that they're in melee range it's short range
    Short Range 4
    Target Running +2
    Light Fog/Thermographic vision +0
    Recoil (2 shots already this turn) +2
    Smartlink -2
    Aim -1
    Target 5

Denada:
    Wouldn't you need a MILLION Kilogiggles to make one Gigagiggle?

LockeJaw on
    "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Orokos wouldn't let me log in, so I rolled on IC. Infidel, if you're reading this, can you delete "denada2" and reset the password for "denada" and PM it to me, pretty please?

Damage Resistance check: 1 Success. Ugh.

Gigagiggles are a whole other level of funosity. In fact you need a completely different kind of funometer to even measure them, and they're super expensive.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The sound of the fomorian's knee hitting tank's face is almost as loud as a gunshot. The huge ork crumples to the ground, out cold.
    LockeJaw. That attack roll looks pretty good but you want to add the +2 for target in melee. I didn't think the target running would apply but after further investigation it apparently does since the fomorian was running during his previous action.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    LockeJawLockeJaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So Morgan misses even worse... I'll keep the +2 in mind for the future.

LockeJaw on
    "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010
    Don't forget guys, you can use your karma pool every encounter to get some rerolls should rolling go bad

Shushnik on