As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Fever

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    There was that summer where a whole lot of Swedish lakes turned to sludge due to all the goddamn mosquito larvaes.

Damn hippies banning DDT!

electricitylikesme on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spider [chat]

Spoiled for pansies:
    birdeatingspiderGiantgoldenorbspide.jpg
    That can't be for real.

Thanatos on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Echo on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Spider [chat]

Spoiled for pansies:

What the hell! That's one of the scariest things I've seen.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Started Mass Effect 2, finally.

So awesome. Everything about it seems better (and I love the first game). Especially the characters; the characters are fucking awesome.

Everything in this post is correct.

Ooh Than - make sure you get the Arc Projector DLC. You get to use it right away, and it is the funnest heavy weapon in the game.

electricitylikesme on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dislike spider [chat].

BobCesca on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    how many wrpg's before mass effect really tried innovating their combat beyond the basic dice-roll stuff found in baldur's gate and diablo

not many, i think

Rust on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Than you are in for a rollercoaster of awesome. And who ever linked fuguri, I hate you. I forgot this page and now I will be distracted for ages. Coke tends to hit it up and some of the stuff he downloads makes me go o_O.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    There are lots of flies, mosquitoes and spiders here. I have no idea what would give you an impression that there aren't. This isn't the tundra you know.

People in cold countries have no goddamn clue about flies, I tell you what.

I do have a clue about flies.

How many flies enter your mouth every second? If the answer is less than eight don't even bother talking to me.

I doubt you have that many flies entering your mouth every second.

You may have more flies than us but there are still a huge bunch of insects flying around here every summer, because it's a wet country and evil creatures seem to thrive because of it.

Actually I live in the UK now, so I'm in a pleasantly fly-free zone. And I've never even been to Sweden, you could have giant killer locusts for all I know.

Aroused Bull on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Spider [chat]

Spoiled for pansies:
    That can't be for real.

it's called the bird spider, i am pretty sure

can you guess why

they don't eat birds regularly, though, it's more of a rare and delicious treat

Rust on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Even Scotland, a place filled with glaciers and a terrible undead creature called the Haggis has terrible winged insect problems in the summer. I had always laughed off the tales of the Midge, until I went driving in the Highlands one summer. I stopped a pleasant looking river near Loch Lomond, opened the door and started walking towards the water. About 1 minute later I was back in the car, furiously slapping my arms trying to stop the biting. I have never experienced anything like that before or after

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

his kung fu is strong

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2010
    Actually I live in the UK now, so I'm in a pleasantly fly-free zone. And I've never even been to Sweden, you could have giant killer locusts for all I know.

Only during three months of the year. Vampiric penguins, you know.

Echo on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    To be fair those hummingbirds were being dicks.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

So awesome. Everything about it seems better (and I love the first game). Especially the characters; the characters are fucking awesome.

Ooh Than - make sure you get the Arc Projector DLC. You get to use it right away, and it is the funnest heavy weapon in the game.
    Yeah, I have it; haven't tried it yet, though.

Thanatos on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I dislike spider [chat].

Spider [Chat], Spider [Chat], does what ever a spider...can't.

Lawndart on
    edited April 2010
    Praying mantis's are the badasses of the insect world. There was a series of pictures where one pretty much just stabs a hummingbird through the chest and then starts eating it.

electricitylikesme on
    edited April 2010
    To be fair those hummingbirds were being dicks.

Do not taunt mantis.

Echo on
    edited April 2010

Yeah, I have it; haven't tried it yet, though.

Basically, don't get all uptight about hoarding heavy weapon ammo. You will have so much fun with it (also there's actually a lot of HW ammo about).

electricitylikesme on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Even Scotland, a place filled with glaciers and a terrible undead creature called the Haggis has terrible winged insect problems in the summer. I had always laughed off the tales of the Midge, until I went driving in the Highlands one summer. I stopped a pleasant looking river near Loch Lomond, opened the door and started walking towards the water. About 1 minute later I was back in the car, furiously slapping my arms trying to stop the biting. I have never experienced anything like that before or after

Nobody ever takes the midges seriously until they have been exposed to them.

I dread to think how many of them I've eaten over the years riding bikes in the Trossachs.

japan on
    edited April 2010
    Going through my photobucket and found my favorite gif of all time.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee40/SOTAR22/1181805099604xp3.gif

edited April 2010

Only during three months of the year. Vampiric penguins, you know.

Aside from those though, our wildlife is decidedly un-dangerous. But the mosquitoes can really ruin a lot of outdoor fun.

No poisonous things, but I'm still terrified of the spiders. I've even petted bird-spiders though, I seem to only have a problem with small ones and the larger ones that have freaky body types.

Like that one eating the bird in that image.

Honk on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    how much does tux rental cost and whats like the cheapest i can roll with

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    that spider is a type of orb weaver

and orb weaver's are pure evil

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »

I dread to think how many of them I've eaten over the years riding bikes in the Trossachs.

I think you are right on that first point - it just does sound unbelievable - I mean how bad can it be? Back in NZ we have loads of flies and other flying stuff, including horrible sandflies, but they don't quite measure up to the Midge

Kalkino on
    edited April 2010
    No poisonous things

Just this guy.

Vipera_berus_%28Marek_Szczepanek%29.jpg

Echo on
    edited April 2010

i love it

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    No poisonous things

Just this guy.

I want eyes like that

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2010

i love it

It gets even better when you realize that is Mr. T punching the shark.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am being horribly unproductive today.

Quid on
    edited April 2010

I think you are right on that first point - it just does sound unbelievable - I mean how bad can it be? Back in NZ we have loads of flies and other flying stuff, including horrible sandflies, but they don't quite measure up to the Midge

Sooner or later an Australian is going to post and we'll all just shut up about our "terrible" bugs and hang our heads in shame.

Aroused Bull on
    edited April 2010
    No poisonous things

Just this guy.

True, true but you have to make him angry before he bites you. And I haven't heard of a fatality because of them for years.

Honk on
    edited April 2010
    remember when i had that spider sig and av

remember how so many people freaked out

ridiculous

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    That snake really has the silliest Swedish name. Huggorm. "Striking snake".

As opposed to all the snakes that never open their mouths.

Echo on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I think what always gets people is the fact that they naturally form big slow-moving clouds, are too small and numerous to swat, and that despite their size they can bite through clothing.

japan on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Colorado we have...

timber_rattlesnake_2.jpg

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2010
    Apparently this thing roams Sweden, well, according to GIS

EuroBoar.jpg

Kalkino on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gamestop was a success. A word of warning: I was paranoid about not getting into the beta after days of waiting so I got my receipt and entered the code right there in the store from my phone. It failed! Three times! I showed the cashier and he was mystified. The other employee there talked to the guy who checked me out, they cancelled by previous order, tried again entering the promotional offer code manually and a new code came out. I tried that on my phone and:

sc2_beta.jpg

So if you can, bring a smartphone.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited April 2010
    cheats-chameleon.jpg

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    Quid I just noticed my decrepit septuagenarian has pretty much the same power list as your poorly dressed loon. Sorry to step on your toes.

Aroused Bull on
This discussion has been closed.