As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Fever

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Erasure sucks

Tav on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    every time you guys do one of your horrible quote trees, I get the urge to kill again. And then someone dies.

EDIT: So don't, okay? Don't do fifteen fucking horrible puns in a row this time

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I ended up with 3 beta codes. One I used, one I gave to pretty much my bro in rl and one went to Tarranon. Because he asked first and I was talking to him on Steam. Plus his is my SupCom 2 partner most of the time so figured he deserved.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    every time you guys do one of your horrible quote trees, I get the urge to kill again. And then someone dies.

Okay, fine, we'll strangle the quote tree in its crib.

/slashies!

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited April 2010
    Gosling wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Okay, fine, we'll strangle the quote tree in its crib.

/slashies!

oh goooood

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2010
    I wrote my beta codes on a piece of paper and flushed them down the toilet

mostly symbolic, but I have no way of retrieving the codes anymore either so

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That gearn fellow doesn't seem like he's long for this forum. He is the exuding the "gonna have a massive flipout" mentality.

electricitylikesme on
    edited April 2010
    Man, I am so sad that I missed VH's game. But lunch was delicious.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2010
    I'm a little irritable because I have a driving lesson tomorrow that interferes with a mock-exam and I can't move it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That gearn fellow doesn't seem like he's long for this forum. He is the exuding the "gonna have a massive flipout" mentality.

Also he is doing that thing where instead of actually addressing other people's points he demands to know what qualifications they have and where they obtained them, which suggests he has some insecurities about the strength of his arguments.

japan on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Most of his time here seems to be arguing with Evander. It's probably to be expected.

Quid on
    edited April 2010
    kurt-russell_headerwm.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

He just PMed me an "invite" to the "Consumers to Apple" thread.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Goattee.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I went to a talk on the pratice of medicine, by someone extremley respected in the field. It was scary as hell. Example which sticks out is one of her PHD students did a study on those who'd recently had a stroke which had paralyzed their ability to swallow.

Of the 30 selected for the study (they were all 50 plus mind), one survived. The one who surivived discharged himself two days in. The rest were quite literally just left on drips to starve to death because they'd have 'no quality of life'. Of course this wasn't made explicitly clear to the patients families. One quote was by a junior consultant who was shaken up by this to one of the senior consultants, pretty much saying 'it's been four weeks and she's still hanging around, what do I do?' the response was 'stay the course, it won't be long now'. She lived for three more weeks. Oh, and all these patients were conscious for the duration.

Leitner on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    So I went to a talk on the pratice of medicine, by someone extremley respected in the field. It was scary as hell. Example which sticks out is one of her PHD students did a study on those who'd recently had a stroke which had paralyzed their ability to swallow.

Of the 30 selected for the study (they were all 50 plus mind), one survived. The one who surivived discharged himself two days in. The rest were quite literally just left on drips to starve to death because they'd have 'no quality of life'. Of course this wasn't made explicitly clear to the patients families. One quote was by a junior consultant who was shaken up by this to one of the senior consultants, pretty much saying 'it's been four weeks and she's still hanging around, what do I do?' the response was 'stay the course, it won't be long now'. She lived for three more weeks. Oh, and all these patients were conscious for the duration.

locked-in syndrome

another delightful argument against a loving god

Rust on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Goattee.

Sinsiter goattee.

Aroused Bull on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

guess who finds this ultra-horrifying?

guess!

Pony on
    edited April 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Goattee.

Sinsiter goattee.

Hi 5!

Honk on
    edited April 2010
    i have experienced locked-in syndrome for a very short period

about 10-20 minutes or so

it's... well, i mean when i was a child hell was described to me as this place of horror and pain where you are tortured for eternity

pretty sure that i've experienced that

no

thank

you

i have nightmares about it still

Pony on
    edited April 2010
    Has anyone here installed EasyTutu?

Am I supposed to install both the Tales of the Sword Coast AND DirectX8 patch, or just the latest TotSC patch (and no DX8 patch)?

I don't think it matters too much. The DX8 patch is for multiplayer. But I cannot seem to find an answer.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    guess who finds this ultra-horrifying?

guess!

If you're under 40 they're far more likely to help, by the time you hit 50 treatment begins to go down by orders of magnitudes for every ten (and then five) years.

Leitner on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    emnmnme on
    edited April 2010
    when i was laying around in the stroke ward recovering

the nurses were all aflutter and waiting on me hand and foot and coming in just to talk to me

but before i let that inflate my ego i had to consider i was like, half the age of the youngest guy in the ward

they probably don't see a lot of that

Pony on
    edited April 2010

How can that be legal? Even leaving aside all the other horrifying things about it, starvation is an extremely painful way to die. I don't understand how a doctor could be allowed to starve their patient to death.

Aroused Bull on
    edited April 2010
    For some weird reason my iphone only shows up under "My Computer" every second time I connect it.

Honk on
    edited April 2010
    I figure there isn't a whole lot they can do to prevent it. They could put them on a nutrient drip but eventually it won't matter, they will probably just wither away. No matter what it is horrible being stuck in your body and unable to do anything yet still thinking. Horrible horrible way to go. I think it rates up there with being eaten alive.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I figure there isn't a whole lot they can do to prevent it. They could put them on a nutrient drip but eventually it won't matter, they will probably just wither away. No matter what it is horrible being stuck in your body and unable to do anything yet still thinking. Horrible horrible way to go. I think it rates up there with being eaten alive.
    Even with euthanasia laws, they can still drug them up to brain-damaging levels rather than leave them to rot.

Aroused Bull on
    edited April 2010
    I consider long-term locked-in syndrome to be worse than being eaten alive or really almost any other sort of torture.

It's possibly the worst thing a person can experience.

I only experienced it for maybe about 15 minutes and that experience was harrowing and traumatic.

Pony on
    edited April 2010
    Our legislation regarding voluntary euthanasia is being shaken right now by the case of a 30 something year old who can't do anything except communicate through eye movements (or something similar). She's been in that state for well over a decade and wrote a letter to authorities asking them to cut the machine off and let her die in peace.

Honk on
    edited April 2010
    Even with euthanasia laws, they can still drug them up to brain-damaging levels rather than leave them to rot.

Problem is people can come out of it after an extended period and you don't know if they will or if they will just drop dead. It isn't like someone turns into a vegetable they just are basically stuck in a body that is completely paralyzed.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2010

Uh, they can either put a tube down the nose to feed them (incredibly uncomfortable, but standard practice as it's much easier to remove, and requires less official oversight), or a 'peg', in the side which is far more effective, but surgical. These patients only had a parlyzed throat, not body.

I couldn't tell you the exact reason they can do it RBB. Medical practice law isn't exactly my field, but I believe it's to do with it not being direct intervention, and the fact that whilst patients can order these if they want to, they're systematically discouraged from doing so.

Leitner on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Erasure sucks

you motherfucker

Organichu on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    christ I have to learn to save once in a while

Elendil on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Erasure sucks

you motherfucker

Let's get him!

So It Goes on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Good afternoon [Chat]!

1271251825.jpg

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    Two-button, double-breasted jacket.

If closed, one button, bottom, right?

Drez on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »

I think top button.

So It Goes on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Erasure sucks

you motherfucker

Let's get him!

i'll hit the legs

you hit above the navel

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

I think top button.

Thanks. And uh is it right over left for a dude or left over right? I hardly ever wear this coat.

Drez on
This discussion has been closed.