Options

Phil [chat]man

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    ]Yeah I am not making excuses for the cop. What he did by the sounds of it was illegal and dickheaded and completely fuilfils the stereotype of cops being giant powerhungry bullying cockbites.

And I understand that you feel like carrying a gun around is your right and that you shouldn't get hassled for it and it's unfair and so forth, but I'm just pointing out that you know that it invites trouble.

Like I said, there is being hassled

and then there is being harassed

And if it's both, it's harassled

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    quick copyright question:

Okay, so lets say that I intend to make money of of something down the road, but right now I don't, so there's no reason to start an LLC yet.

Lets say I've got a site called amateurhournews.com ( I don't)

So I've got that name registered, and I've checked around and there's no amateurhour LLC or anything like that in my state.

So at the bottom of my site I put in all of my copyright info and stuff. And in a couple years the site is making money, over $700 so I need to file taxes, and I decide to start amateurhour LLC.

How protected am I in the mean time.

I mean, Kurtz and the PA crew didn't start out with toonhound inc or PA inc right? They just started with "Copyright (Name) (C) 1998" , and when they started making money the formed the company?

I can give more specifics if needed. Just need to lay the groundwork right now.

I don't know what you mean, really.

You mean protected insofar as the copyright of your posts/content is concerned?

Everyone is protected by commonlaw copyright, which I assume is extended to web posts on a server one owns. You don't need a company to have copyright protection.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    that cop sounds liek a douche, chu

but in fairness i can't think of any real city that you can carry without getting hassled

maybe some of the western suburb-on-steriods cities you'd be okay

i don't mind getting hassled

i mind being told to lay down on the ground in the middle of a busy avenue at 1pm in broad daylight when i'm dressed business casual and looking at a game i just rented

What game did you rent?

bayonetta awwwww jyeah rude titties 8-)

Man now i know why the cop was really hassling you

he was trying to save you from making a terrible mistake

Yeah wait a second I take it back

this was completely justified now

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    ]Yeah I am not making excuses for the cop. What he did by the sounds of it was illegal and dickheaded and completely fuilfils the stereotype of cops being giant powerhungry bullying cockbites.

And I understand that you feel like carrying a gun around is your right and that you shouldn't get hassled for it and it's unfair and so forth, but I'm just pointing out that you know that it invites trouble.

Like I said, there is being hassled

and then there is being harassed

:lol:

Arch on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I feel like I should send you some of these cupcakes I'm making.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    No, they're the least important.

There are important freedoms, and unimportant freedoms. According to the California constitution, residents in California have the protected right to recreationally fish; if that right got violated somehow, I wouldn't really give a shit. I mean, I like fishing and all, I don't really have a problem with it; it's just that I don't really see the right to fish as vital to having a free and functioning democracy.

Much like the right to bear arms, or the right for states to treat unempowered groups like shit.
    such horse shit

that's fine, than

you let cops stomp wherever they want, as long as where they're stomping- in violation of law, and in betrayal of the massive confidence and responsibility with which they are entrusted- isn't something that personally bothers you

real fucking great liberal, you are

no wonder this country hates you guys as much as the racists and homophobes
    Oh, this country hates liberals way more than it hates racists or homophobes.

And really, I'm just kinda happy that the cops took some time off from putting the darkies in their place to harass a white guy for awhile.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    actually

i'm looking around

i'm not sure where bayonetta is

i am not sure whether i lost it in the course of all this shit with being told to lie face down and everything

that would suck if i owe blockbuster money D:

really diarrhea flavored icing to go on my shit-cake of a day

Organichu on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh God those ears.

14358.jpg

It's just too freakin' adorable. <3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    that cop sounds liek a douche, chu

but in fairness i can't think of any real city that you can carry without getting hassled

maybe some of the western suburb-on-steriods cities you'd be okay

i don't mind getting hassled

i mind being told to lay down on the ground in the middle of a busy avenue at 1pm in broad daylight when i'm dressed business casual and looking at a game i just rented

What game did you rent?

bayonetta awwwww jyeah rude titties 8-)

Man now i know why the cop was really hassling you

he was trying to save you from making a terrible mistake

bayonetta great game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmE4YOIHE8k

Rust on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

There's getting hassled and then there's what happened to Chu, though. It seems to me that Chu fully expects to be "hassled" for OC--asked for his license and whatnot even if he's just bummin' around on the street. But really, it's really... patronizing* to call what happened to just a simply hasslin'.

maybe not patronizing, but definitely a stretch and needlessly dismissive.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

There are important freedoms, and unimportant freedoms. According to the California constitution, residents in California have the protected right to recreationally fish; if that right got violated somehow, I wouldn't really give a shit. I mean, I like fishing and all, I don't really have a problem with it; it's just that I don't really see the right to fish as vital to having a free and functioning democracy.

Much like the right to bear arms, or the right for states to treat unempowered groups like shit.
    such horse shit

that's fine, than

you let cops stomp wherever they want, as long as where they're stomping- in violation of law, and in betrayal of the massive confidence and responsibility with which they are entrusted- isn't something that personally bothers you

And really, I'm just kinda happy that the cops took some time off from putting the darkies in their place to harass a white guy for awhile.

or we could just go

how about they not unduly harass anyoe

that would be cool i think

Organichu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

I would love that

as long as it's not too much of a hassle, anyway

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hahaha harassled. Brilliant.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's almost time for the final debate.

Would it be too much to ask for David Cameron to fuck up badly?

I have my fingers and toes crossed.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu, you're lucky you weren't wearing a short skirt!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

right everybody all

"look at dat bitch with the big ass titties, lying on the ground

titties all smashed against the pavement

i can see her snatch!"

Organichu on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

And if he had a long jacket, the cops would never have seen his piece.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I would love that

as long as it's not too much of a hassle, anyway

They're rose flavored, with cardamom. So good.

But I have no money to send them, alas.

Settle for the recipe instead? :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

such horse shit

that's fine, than

or we could just go

how about they not unduly harass anyoe

that would be cool i think

it would also be cool if every investment banker in this country simultaneously experienced excruciating and incurable genital pain for seven days and seven nights before exploding

but it ain't gonna happen

Rust on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

right everybody all

i can see her snatch!"

Followed by a new world record for simultaneous puking.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

right everybody all

i can see her snatch!"

Actually I was drawing a parallel between being blamed for being harassed because you were showing off your gun and being blamed for being harassed because you were showing off skin.

You were totally asking for it!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Goddamn I love me some cardamom. So good in coffee.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i'm not gonna lie rust, that video makes me kind of want to play bayonetta

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    ]And I understand that you feel like carrying a gun around is your right and that you shouldn't get hassled for it and it's unfair and so forth

it's not just how i feel, man

it's the law

but yes, i know i have a greater chance of this happening while open carrying... but i just don't find it productive or valuable to be told that i invited it. i do it partially because i am prepared to step up- and invest the time and energy into pursuing this stuff- if it ever happens, sure. but i don't 'invite' it and saying 'you can kind of expect' it feels perilously close to 'you had it coming'. i'm not a girl wearing a short skirt, here. i was wronged.

I know! From your perspective you were doing something that was completely legal and was wronged for it!

And, like you said, you are "prepared to step up- and invest the time and energy into pursuing this stuff- if it ever happens." I have heard a lot of gun advocates spout all kinds of tough talk about what they're gonna do if the gummint comes for their guns or the cops mistreat them or violate their rights or whatever. But ultimately dudes who carry guns in the city get hassled and there never seem to be any cases brought beyond basic complaints to police departments.

I'm not saying "you had it coming". And I'm agreeing that the cop was a cockbite. And I agree that he behaved illegaly and that you were wronged.

But also that carrying in Philly is not a safe proposition for a number of reasons.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's a pretty fun game if you can look past the massive amount of idiocy therein!

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

right everybody all

i can see her snatch!"

Actually I was drawing a parallel between being blamed for being harassed because you were showing off your gun and being blamed for being harassed because you were showing off skin.

You were totally asking for it!

chu was totally asking for it

Arch on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No joke though if you can't find Bayonetta you could probably get them for unreasonable seizure. BONUS!

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Yissssss. This halal restaurant in Northgate makes the best Turkish coffee. Oh man.

Cardamom and coffee were meant to be together.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh God those ears.

14358.jpg

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

it's unironically awesome

just makes you go FUCK YES at least once a level

it's like someone took all the bullshit cutscene action in something like final fantasy XIII and let you actually do it yourself

Rust on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I mean if you didn't want to be forced to lay on the ground with a gun pointed at your head you wouldn't be wearing that piece!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010

chu's jewish

not really all that white anyways

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rust wrote: »

it's unironically awesome

just makes you go FUCK YES at least once a level

it's like someone took all the bullshit cutscene action in something like final fantasy XIII and let you actually do it yourself

just so we are clear that i would be playing this unironically awesome game ironically

Arch on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

chu's jewish

I heard that being a Jew makes you an Honorary Negro!

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    okay will

i just basically think

ok listen i am gonna pee in the cop's gas tank if i ever see him

that's what i am trying to express on a basic level, here

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Oh God those ears.

14358.jpg

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Dumbo rats are the best rats. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Tos is comming out in favor of the cops? This is a red letter day.
    The only thing he hates more than cops is [strike]Jews[/strike] gun owners.
    And in a case where the cops were clearly breaking the law.
    What the cops did was totally wrong, totally bullshit, fucked up, and exactly what you should expect walking around Philadelphia showing off your fucking gun.

On the scale of fucked-up shit cops do, though, it doesn't even rate a mention. If that was the most fucked-up thing those cops did that day, those are a couple of great cops.

Maybe that girl shouldn't have been in that neighborhood and wearing that skirt. I mean, the rape was really what she should have expected.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited April 2010

chu's jewish

He looks pretty darn white.

Maybe it was the lazy eye that triggered it.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Yissssss. This halal restaurant in Northgate makes the best Turkish coffee. Oh man.

Cardamom and coffee were meant to be together.
    I bought an ounce of this spice blend that goes in coffee up in Napa a few months ago. It's called hawaj - I think it's... Yemeni? Not sure.

Anyway, it's delicious. Gives coffee a whole new twist. Can't seem to fine what's in it online though :?

And yeah, Turkish coffee is <3. My old Israeli housemate in college used to make it all the time.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tos is comming out in favor of the cops? This is a red letter day.
    The only thing he hates more than cops is [strike]Jews[/strike] gun owners.
    And in a case where the cops were clearly breaking the law.
    What the cops did was totally wrong, totally bullshit, fucked up, and exactly what you should expect walking around Philadelphia showing off your fucking gun.

On the scale of fucked-up shit cops do, though, it doesn't even rate a mention. If that was the most fucked-up thing those cops did that day, those are a couple of great cops.

Maybe that girl shouldn't have been in that neighborhood and wearing that skirt. I mean, the rape was really what she should have expected.

Rape analogy made. Your move, Than.

stevemarks44 on
This discussion has been closed.