As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Fuel Spill

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Which is better out of the M16A4 and the FAMAS? And is it ever worth using Danger Close?

Well, the FAMAS is generally recognized as being the best AR (and arguably the best overall gun). The only thing the M16 has over it is a quicker reload time and if you put a Holo on it the recoil is almost nonexistent. And because of how good the FAMAS is, if you run the M16 you won't have nearly as much of a douche nozzle vibe.

As for DC, it depends on if your running explosives, obviously.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Which is better out of the M16A4 and the FAMAS? And is it ever worth using Danger Close?
    Famas has the best stats, but I prefer the M16. I think its a mental thing though.

Danger Close is 100% worth it on an explosives class. I wouldn't use it if I'm not running a tube or a thumper though. It might be worth it for a javelin or RPG. If you can get DC Pro though, then it's awfully fun because your killstreaks do more explosive damage too. So the airstrike at the start of a Harrier run is more dangerous, etc.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Famas has the best stats, but I prefer the M16. I think its a mental thing though.

Danger Close is 100% worth it on an explosives class. I wouldn't use it if I'm not running a tube or a thumper though. It might be worth it for a javelin or RPG. If you can get DC Pro though, then it's awfully fun because your killstreaks do more explosive damage too. So the airstrike at the start of a Harrier run is more dangerous, etc.

I almost never run explosives, but I've been meaning to open up DC Pro specifically to pair with Harrier/Airstrike/Stealth.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So does anyone use One Man Army for something other than endless noob tubes? I haven't seen it myself.

Edit: Wow. I really did not want to be TOTP.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, today I discovered AUG HBAR + Grip, Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Ninja.

AUG... where have you been my whole life? I am in love. <3

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Caedere wrote: »
    So, today I discovered AUG HBAR + Grip, Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Ninja.

I've been running a very similar build, but in place of sleight of hand I put Scavenger and carry a claymore. You can go for some pretty ridiculous stretches. The AUG is the only gun I have a mastery title for, now.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    claypoolfanclaypoolfan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's easy to plow through danger close for the points too if you're running tube/thumper/scav/DC/whatever

I also sometimes use slight of hand instead of scavenger there.

Also nice: at the same time you're racking up kills for whatever AR you're using. Do this on one you don't particularly like. I go nuts on Skidrow, Rust, Salvage and Scrapyard with that build. It makes you kind of a goose, but in defense you have to do it to get through DC.

claypoolfan on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Getting throwing knife kills is very satisfying.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got a game winning kill by thowing knifing a witcher camping my TI. Was pretty awsome.

Also, any tips for getting the Dictator title? The one where you have to fire an entire LMG magazine into your enemies without missing. Yeah. Beyond using the AUG I dunno.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've just been using the F2000, thinking it was horrible and terrible.

I was wrong, it's just terrible but it's hilariously good fun to use! Headshot machine!

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wheee. 13 more kills until I get the holographic sight for the M16A4.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So my copy should arrive today. I haven't played an fps online since Ghost Recon 2. Got any tips to help me get out of noobtastic deathstreak hell as quick as possible?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Follow your team mates, don't run at the enemy unless you can knife them, if the enemy calls in a jet or a helicopter get inside.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My GT usually gets at least one person in the lobby to yell "fuck you, jew." Ahh, good times with XBL.

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Musicool wrote: »
    So does anyone use One Man Army for something other than endless noob tubes? I haven't seen it myself.

it can be used instead of reloading your LMG because most of them take longer than 3 seconds to reload.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Co-op is back for Black Ops, I see.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

it can be used instead of reloading your LMG because most of them take longer than 3 seconds to reload.

OMA pro isn't 3 seconds anymore.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ran into a guy OMA tubing out of the bar on Rundown next to B. Just runs up to the top floor and tubes anyone who runs into it. It was great killing that guy repeatedly for the M4 fmj challenge.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »

I've been running a very similar build, but in place of sleight of hand I put Scavenger and carry a claymore. You can go for some pretty ridiculous stretches. The AUG is the only gun I have a mastery title for, now.
    You should Bling it with a Grip and Silencer. It becomes a silent death machine. SoH and SP as well. Ninja or Steady Aim. Previously I'd use SA but lately I've been enjoying Ninja.

People are looking at the kill log wondering where this dude with the AUG is and then they get riddled with bullets.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

OMA pro isn't 3 seconds anymore.

oh really? where the hell have I been?

I guess I've been derelict in my duties as a toober :(

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When they patched the game for the Stimulus Pack, did they make any game changes or balance tweaks?

The Scar-H used to be my go-to weapon, and I had it in like 3 of my loadouts, but for some reason lately I've really noticed it having pretty bad recoil on it. I don't remember it having as bad of recoil as its had since the map pack released. Maybe its all just in my head, but I can't really stand using the Scar-H anymore which is pretty crazy, since it is my closest weapon to a completed mastery.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    When they patched the game for the Stimulus Pack, did they make any game changes or balance tweaks?

The Scar-H used to be my go-to weapon, and I had it in like 3 of my loadouts, but for some reason lately I've really noticed it having pretty bad recoil on it. I don't remember it having as bad of recoil as its had since the map pack released. Maybe its all just in my head, but I can't really stand using the Scar-H anymore which is pretty crazy, since it is my closest weapon to a completed mastery.
    I'm pretty sure that there weren't any changes like that made that came out with the map pack update. I have heard people say that other weapons had had their damage levels changed. Specifically the underslung M203, but there was no notes or anything about those changes. I don't think they happened, I think its just a mental thing.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only changes, as far as I know, were fixing the Pavelow glitch (it counts towards your KS now, unless it comes from a care packedge) and changing the timer on OMA/OMAPro

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I got a game winning kill by thowing knifing a witcher camping my TI. Was pretty awsome.

Also, any tips for getting the Dictator title? The one where you have to fire an entire LMG magazine into your enemies without missing. Yeah. Beyond using the AUG I dunno.

The AUG is realistically probably the only way you'll ever get it due to magazine size.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only changes, as far as I know, were fixing the Pavelow glitch (it counts towards your KS now, unless it comes from a care packedge) and changing the timer on OMA/OMAPro

If they changed the timer on OMA, I didn't notice it. It really should be 10 seconds for pro and 20 for non-pro.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This many games into the series and people still hold the weapons wrong on the world model...but still, AUG related.
    500x_snowguy.jpg

Also, try the AUG suppressed with an ACOG. Works wonders.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

According to the Call of duty wiki (Yeah I occasionally read that crap) The F2000's recoil got reduced to hell also in a patch, I never noticed.

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The F2000 was never bad, people just didn't like it. It still kills just fine.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

Oh no doubt about that, it kills just as well as most other guns, it's just the recoil makes it hard to aim at times. Granted, I've not gone negative K/D with it so far.

Least not untill I play with you guys! Thanks to me being in an island nation called the uk!

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm in the UK and I do alright. Jump into a game with us soon.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    I'm in the UK and I do alright. Jump into a game with us soon.

I should do, I'm Groltag. So I've played before, maybe it's just my internet.

Still, I do give the F2000 respect, as it's a tough nut to use. Well kind of.

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    hotlunchhotlunch regular
    edited May 2010
    I have seen the light that is the AUG HBAR. Just unlocked the silencer for the MG4 and was sad because it wouldnt work. So I was like screw it, I like the silencer too much, this relationship is doomed to fail. But now I've met a new gun and things are just going great! I've never been happier in my life.

Haha anyway this game is starting to click for me I think. I still have bad, even terrible rounds. But I feel like I am playing more intelligently and able to get high killstreaks more frequently. Yay getting better at video games!

hotlunch on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Volatile, Brutle and I are killing mans. Come kill mans with us, people.

twmjr on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I saw a guy use it to set up a rats nest on top of the building on highrise. Two claymores and a TI. A predator fixed that right up.

Arrath on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I love the silenced RPD now. It still kills people so quickly, but I'm very fond of not turning up on enemy radars. Also, I played a bit of TDM this morning and got two match winning kills where I was just blindly spraying a wall. People were not too happy about that, but what do you expect from an LMG? I don't think I'll be using it on HC though, because I'd be racking up those friendly kills like crazy.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

I use it to spawn with a weapon that requires Stopping Power, then switch to Cold-Blooded if necessary.

Also to try for a key position with a fast SMG build, then switch to something that can pry the enemy out of said defensive stronghold, if they beat me to it.

I've also used it with a sniper class when I wasn't sure there'd be worthwhile shot opportunities.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You can use OMA to spam hand grenades! :^:

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    hotlunchhotlunch regular
    edited May 2010

Seems like itd be useful for switching to an AA class to get the air support out of the sky quickly without having to die and respawn. That being said I've not once used OMA for anything. so.. yeah

hotlunch on
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

nope, always bad.

Even as a steady aim only weapon, still bad.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, there's nothing like switching to a cold-blooded/stinger class when the enemy has a ton of air support, only to continually spawn right near your teammates so you get killed every time before you can even get out your stinger, much less fire it.

AnteCantelope on
This discussion has been closed.