Options

LittleBigPlanet 2 confirmed by Media Molecule - Will be a FULL GAME creator

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, typo. Anyway, CE codes are working. I changed my avatar and I'm running around as Daxter now too.

Anyone hear anything about the week 1 t shirts? I didn't see it in PS store. I also heard we'd be able to get the Spacesuit for a short time.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    ReisReis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    And Amazon was offering 20 dollar credit? That sucks, it wasn't offering it when I made my preorder for the collector's edition.

It didn't apply to the CE, but if you care to put in the effort, you might be able to get a CSR to apply the credit. The credit on the standard edition does not say anything about excluding the CE.

So wait, the CE was effectively $40 more than the standard edition then?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU

Oh well, too late now, my copy should be on my doorstep in mere hours. <3

Correct, which is why I went with the standard. If you ordered the CE through Amazon, you can try to hassle the CSRs into giving you the credit, though.

I just this afternoon emailed the CSRs, and within a couple hours they responded saying "CE is not eligible, but we like your business, so here's $20 credit."

The game is waiting for me at home; can't wait to leave work.

Reis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone else having problems where your pod is mostly engulfed by your moon? This is also preventing me from using the pod controls and thus I can't even play.

Vray on
  • Options
    Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So glad to be getting this game at launch. Not to mention I only got a PS3 about a couple months ago with LBP GOTY packed in. 4 hours of updates when I decided to play before I went to bed that day. D:

Mystic Terrapin on
    Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Reis wrote: »
    And Amazon was offering 20 dollar credit? That sucks, it wasn't offering it when I made my preorder for the collector's edition.

It didn't apply to the CE, but if you care to put in the effort, you might be able to get a CSR to apply the credit. The credit on the standard edition does not say anything about excluding the CE.

Correct, which is why I went with the standard. If you ordered the CE through Amazon, you can try to hassle the CSRs into giving you the credit, though.

I just this afternoon emailed the CSRs, and within a couple hours they responded saying "CE is not eligible, but we like your business, so here's $20 credit."

Wow, really? Doing this. CSR is customer service rep, I'm assuming, right?

anoffday on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anoffday wrote: »

Same here. Mind posting the email you sent? Don't want to sound off whiny or like I deserve the gift card but it would be nice. Specially since I have Amazon prime I plan on getting more games from Amazon from now on.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Yeah, I just used the amazon help "contact us" link.

edit: Letter and response:

"I preordered LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition back in July, but now I see that the standard edition is being offered with a $20 Amazon Credit. Am I eligible to receive this credit even though I have ordered the Collector's Edition?

Thank you,"

"Hello,

I've researched this promotion, and I see that the $20 Amazon Credit promo only applies to the LittleBigPlanet 2 Standard Edition.

However, in appreciation of your valuable business to Amazon.com, I've issued you a $20.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order."

Reis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I also have amazon prime, and LBP2 CE was the first game I had pre-ordered from them. It went so smooth, I think I'm going to be spending a lot less money at Gamestop. It's just not worth it compared to Amazon, especially with release date delivery, and it being free for prime members.

anoffday on
  • Options
    Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I've been trying to not buy at Gamestop. I only bought LBP2 there today since the people are actually nice at this specific one. All the other ones I've been to are balls and the employees couldn't give two shits about you. If I were going for the CE, I would have totally bought from Amazon.

Side note: Also, GS wanted 30 dollars for a used Katamari Forever. I got it online brand new in shrink wrap for 16. Though it was pretty glorious seeing a new mom customer ask why is she paying full NEW price for an opened unwrapped game. Me and my friend both turned and looked at each other with a funny grin.

If any of you guys wanna do LBP2 tonight, feel free to add my PSN name. I'm sure I'll be up late playing.

Mystic Terrapin on
    Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Amazon Prime has been so excellent that I had to struggle to use the last of my GameStop credit.

Reis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, does anyone have any idea how they did those 8-bit platformer games they showed in the Arcade trailer? Cause that's where my attention is going to be directed.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There are a couple I like at mine, but there are also some jerks. I'm trying to keep my purchases there strictly to used hard to find games, and even then I use goozex a lot for that. I just really don't approve of the whole selling opened games as new policy. I understand why they do it, I guess, but it drives me crazy. If it's a new game, I want to open it. Otherwise sell it as used.
    InkSplat wrote: »
    So, does anyone have any idea how they did those 8-bit platformer games they showed in the Arcade trailer? Cause that's where my attention is going to be directed.

I'm interested in making games in this style as well. I couldn't tell you right now, though, I've playing the story all day.

anoffday on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just saw someone as Clank. I'm going to try to use my code now.

edit: It works now. Downloading costumes.

I thought that said 'Crank' at first and I got all excited about having a Jason Statham costume for my Sackboy...

Just picked up the CE today. Didn't even preorder (didn't think I'd be buying it, but my new tires wound up being cheaper than I planned), but there was one cancelled order behind the Gamestop counter. I'm digging the bookend and the mini-Sackboy.

Also the game. REALLY digging the game. The LBP games are pretty much the most relentlessly charming games I've ever played.

My PSN tag is in my sig if you want to roll together for anything (sorry, I am without a mic, so if I'm quiet don't take it personal).

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    MannyTheManateeMannyTheManatee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone pick up a copy of the CE? How are the bookends, good build quality?

MannyTheManatee on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    They could be better. But they hold my PS3 games together just fine. They look nice too, but they feel a little on the cheap side.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anyone pick up a copy of the CE? How are the bookends, good build quality?

The bookends feel very LBPish. They're like.. composite board, and then the "Characters" on them are like the same material but really thin, and attached to the main bookend by foam blocks hidden behind them. Looks sort of like a pop-up book. Just very very LBPish. I was really happy with them.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They look nice and add class to my now-upright standing games. Probably won't be able to take much abuse, but they certainly look nice.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I guess I wasn't expecting solid oak. They really do look nice. As long as you aren't an angry gamer and throw them against the wall, you should be ok.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just got off the phone with Amazon and they refuse to do anything about the CE not being eligible for a gift card.

Feeling pretty soured on Amazon right now. Heavely debating returning the CE, as I feel I paid 40 bucks extra for it now.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just picked up this and Heavy Rain. After my nightly duties are taken care of, it's so on.

Sack up, boys.

...and any occasional ladies who visit the thread.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, Reis, you must have got a nice person. I don't think I'm getting it either. They said the same, "I researched the promotion," BS but just let me know I could return for a full refund if I wanted to. I emailed them back and let me know I know people have received 20 dollar credits for the CE and don't understand why I can't get it. I also asked why the people who pay less are getting 20 dollars while the people who pay more are not. It doesn't seem to make much sense.

Either way, I'm not returning it. I got free shipping with Prime, and had a 10 dollar credit, so really got the CE for about 8 dollars more than the regular edition goes for. I'm happy with it. I just wish they'd be fair about this.

anoffday on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just got off the phone with Amazon and they refuse to do anything about the CE not being eligible for a gift card.

Feeling pretty soured on Amazon right now. Heavely debating returning the CE, as I feel I paid 40 bucks extra for it now.

Yeah, I just got an email with essentially the same message.

Also thinking about returning, it's pretty crappy only the regular edition got the gift card. $40 is a lot to pay for a plush sack boy and some in-game costumes.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Leetful wrote: »
    bsjezz wrote: »
    Leetful wrote: »
    bsjezz wrote: »
    you're right, man. the controls were truly fatal

Fatal to sales, clearly not review scores.
    SCEE President Andrew House announced at Gamescom 2010 that the game has now sold over 4.5 million worldwide.[145]

To put things in perspective, an article relevant to the time of release -
    http://www.destructoid.com/littlebigplanet-sales-are-lacking-sackboy-develops-a-drinking-problem-114548.phtml

And if you doubt the overall interest in LBP2, have a quick google trends -
    http://www.google.com/trends?q=littlebigplanet+2,+dead+space+2,+batman+arkham+city,+dragon+age+2,+max+payne+3&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=2

You're quite set on trashing this game...why so? The first was a ground breaking title, I loved everything about it, including the controls. Pretty much everyone I know that had a ps3 bought the game, those that didn't really dig "creating" got plenty of time from the story levels and user created levels, those that enjoyed creating got possibly the best experience they could from a console.

I'm pretty sure the controls had little to do with any potential poor sales.... other than the beta (which only fans got in) it took forever and a day for a demo to be released anyway.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Are we going to have contests to see who makes the best level/game like we did for the First LBP?

Those were a lot of fun.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think we pretty much have to, especially now that the creator is easier to use and so much more robust.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Add me on PSN if you haven't already!

PSN: MarioGuzman

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Disclaimer - Anyone who joins a game with KayleSolo needs to know they may be playing with my 5 y/o son instead of me. So yeah. There ya go. Not me playing and having fun instead of being serious and trying to unlock everything.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MarioG wrote: »
    Add me on PSN if you haven't already!

PSN: MarioGuzman

Added. PSNID is in my sig so anyone feel free to add me.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hey, I ranked 13 on one of the levels. I have no idea how, though.

edit: Oh, now it's 18. Cool, I also got the pin for placing in top 5% on a level.

anoffday on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, I ranked 13 on one of the levels. I have no idea how, though.

edit: Oh, now it's 18. Cool, I also got the pin for placing in top 5% on a level.

Nice. Something I'll never accomplish. That's for darn sure. After not playing the first game other than a few minutes, I'm just exploring every nook and cranny of every level. Testing all the walls and whatnot.

For me the game is built for comfort, not for speed. Hah.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That's typically what I do too. Just take my time and explore. Like I said, I have no idea how I ranked so high on the level.

Also, for anyone who's interested the spacesuit costume is up on the psn store and it's free, but I don't think it's up for long so grab that. They also have the rare week 1 LBP2 shirt up, but it's 5 bucks which is kind of insane. It's even more insane that I'm actually considering buying it. hmm. I've never bought any other LBP DLC content, though.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What the hell. Out of all the people who had the beta, I cannot find a single resource about how to make those 8-bit levels. I mean, they're used right off the bat in the demo and such in those little arcade machines--I'd think it'd be an easy question to find the answer to.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    What all is included with LBP2: CE?

http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-2-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6ED7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1295374685&sr=8-1

Basically the game, a sackboy plushie, game/book ends, and 11 costumes and 5 psn avatars. The costumes are basically all the pre-order bonuses from different places, and a jak and a daxter costume just for CE.

unless you're in Europe, in which case you get: fffffuck all!

Other than a metal box. And possibly a couple costumes or something.

I'm still buying it <3

Also- has everyone seen this crazy thing?

It appears to be a live map of every LBP-related thing which is happening in the entire world.

Tig on
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    InkSplat wrote: »
    What the hell. Out of all the people who had the beta, I cannot find a single resource about how to make those 8-bit levels. I mean, they're used right off the bat in the demo and such in those little arcade machines--I'd think it'd be an easy question to find the answer to.

I worked out a few things about that.

First off, they're all built with the new Hologram material.

You can switch the visibility of holograms on and off using input signals, and that is the key to doing sprite animation - create your individual "frames", then switch the visibility of the frames on and off using input signals (Probably from a selector or a sequencer).

Unfortunately holograms cannot be made to collide with each other. So for those 8-bit platforming levels, I suspect they built a 'solid' version out of regular material, and then stuck holograms on top of everything.
    Controllable objects are created using the controllinator and the Mover tools.

sorry for the sloppy explanation, I should be going to bed

Tig on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well my bitching paid off. Got a 20 gift certificate. All it took was an email, phone call and a negative review.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well my bitching paid off. Got a 20 gift certificate. All it took was an email, phone call and a negative review.
    Hopefully mine will too. I sent an email, did a negative review, and sent another email. But I'm still waiting to hear back from that one.

anoffday on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What do you think would happen if I called them up and said that the only reason I didn't pre-order the SE was because it didn't get the 20 bucks and now I'm seeing everybody getting it by just sending an email or calling them.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    TomaToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh wow, they import everything, so even the LBP1 levels I did will count towards 2's trophies and such.

Oh man, no, maybe it was a mistake to pick this up. The frustrations I had making the gas fortress level were enough to have me quit the first one, and now there's so much more to do.

Also, add me to whatever friend list thingy exists.

Toma on
    tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Crap. So I got a 10 dollar credit, but not a 20 dollar one. Oh well. It's better than nothing I guess. I wish I talked to the people you guys got.

edit: Oh wait, I got 12 dollars.

This was after the second email, where I basically said I know people are getting the 20 dollar credit anyway.

"I've reviewed our previous correspondence and your LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition order.

The information provided in our last message correctly represents our policy at this time. This $20 promotional credit on 'LittleBigPlanet 2' was only offered for the Standard edition.

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon."

I only got the 12 dollar credit after talking to a guy in the live chat on amazon.com

anoffday on
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My connection seems to go in and out as far as someone elses games go. I'm hoping it's just first day traffic.

Vray on