As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Splunking in yonder Caveran - D&D

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    how are the prepackaged adventure packs for 4th edition, typically?

i'm running a one-off game pretty soon and that $15 is pretty tempting for not having to prepare a ton of shit

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thought this was gonna be a Spelunky thread

Same here. You see that Tastes Like Spelunky mod? Pretty cool.

No but thats pretty cool, also a new round is up on frozen synapse you piece of shit lets goooo

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have not once played a rogue that was not universally hated by my group, and at the same time, absolutely critical for their success.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    I have not once played a rogue that was not universally hated by my group, and at the same time, absolutely critical for their success.

This is essentially my warlock at the moment. He treats the party like minions, spends party money on fancy clothes (I have about 1600 wrapped up in just my nonmagical outfit), and is generally a jackass.

However, with 20 Charisma, and the Beguiling Toungue encounter power, plus being a tiefling, he gets about +19 to his bluff checks. His fast talking not only gets us more gold for every quest, but has gotten out of several near death situations.

He is fun to play.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

in my pathfinder campaign, I am playing a calvalier of the order of the cocatrice

my order's oath REQUIRES ME to be a braggart, and ALWAYS accept rewards, and demand even more

I do on average 40+ damage a hit at lvl 10 in 3.5, and crit on a 15+

also I have a 24~ for intimidate

I'm even scarier on my mount

my party hates me, but I am so crucial that they can't say shit

also I can pretty much kill everyone but maybe the paladin

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I played a half-orc warrior one time where I basically just loaded all the stats into killing shit and was barely able to speak let alone comprehend.

I was almost as dangerous to my party when going full tilt as to enemies. Basically the leader kind of pointed me in the right direction and aimed me. Same thing, they kind of hated the character but I was a machine of nerdly destruction so they always kept me.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    also I have the highest diplomacy and pretty good int AND cha too

it's pretty fantastic how much the lawful good people hate me

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

This is essentially my warlock at the moment. He treats the party like minions, spends party money on fancy clothes (I have about 1600 wrapped up in just my nonmagical outfit), and is generally a jackass.

However, with 20 Charisma, and the Beguiling Toungue encounter power, plus being a tiefling, he gets about +19 to his bluff checks. His fast talking not only gets us more gold for every quest, but has gotten out of several near death situations.

He is fun to play.

This sounds like one of my favorite characters, a cowardly changeling private investigator

He was a rogue, but he very rarely fought or anything, unless he thought he could get a distinct advantage (which once he had a cohort, was increasingly often)

His charisma was ungodly high, and his constitution was jack shit because he was a chain smoker

He embezzled group money to buy himself new clothes, and his cohort consistently had all the best weapons and armor in the group and nobody ever even realized it

Straightzi on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    pip you suck

i wanna play dnd

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    pathfinder literally is d&d

monte cooke designed it

it even exists within the cosmology!

it's just wotc does not produce it

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    the theory is that it is an mmofps/rpg

literally waiting to throw all of my dollars at relic

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    holy shit pip

holy shit

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If it is let's hope it's better than Warhammer Online because that game was shitty shitty shit shit.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    just

I have this wad here of dollars

I will mail it to you relic

right now

just

fuck

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Butters wrote: »
    If it is let's hope it's better than Warhammer Online because that game was shitty shitty shit shit.

nope

bad at videogames

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    mail me pip

i will be the bribe

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010

The only bad thing about Warhammer Online was some latency issues that they never could get right. The game was awesome in both PvE and PvP.

Dwarf Engineer 4 lyfe

Hunter on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    mail me pip

i will be the bribe

Update SCP thread

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    mail me pip

i will be the bribe

Update SCP thread

oh noooo you found me
    yes today will be the much-awaited update

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

nope

bad at videogames

Sorry, hun, but Warhammer wasn't hard. It was just boring as fuck and that's why nobody plays it anymore.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

nope

bad at videogames

Sorry, hun, but Warhammer wasn't hard. It was just boring as fuck and that's why nobody plays it anymore.

I foresee myself following this very closely as more information is released. Then I will pay out the money for a pre order.

Then I will be ultimately disappointed.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Did you hit the level cap Butters?

Did your server get into Fort captures and taking the home city of the other faction?

Hunter on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    honeyed words snowbeat. honeyed words.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

Did your server get into Fort captures and taking the home city of the other faction?

he got to like lvl 10 and declared it terrible

cause he's gay

for boners

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do it now Snowbeat

I'm abusing company resources to read SCP things, I need you

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

he got to like lvl 10 and declared it terrible

cause he's gay

for boners

So he missed the vast majority of the game, including the massive world PvP.

Hunter on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh shit what's up chris

what's going on with your financial aid shit? I saw you were having some kind of bullshit to deal with, but never heard the details.

The financial aid dept told me bogus info and I lost all my grants because of it.
    I'm appealing it and was told I will "almost certainly" get it back.
    But they also told me false info before, so I'm not believing it until I get proof.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do it now Snowbeat

god

god damnit

fine give me a minute jesus

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    neville wrote: »
    oh shit what's up chris

what's going on with your financial aid shit? I saw you were having some kind of bullshit to deal with, but never heard the details.

The financial aid dept told me bogus info and I lost all my grants because of it.
    But they also told me false info before, so I'm not believing it until I get proof.

What happened, did they tell you a Nigerian prince would contact you with a way to triple your aid money by helping him get his money out of the country before the new government confiscated it?

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do it now Snowbeat

god

god damnit

fine give me a minute jesus

You're my favorite!

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    neville wrote: »
    oh shit what's up chris

What happened, did they tell you a Nigerian prince would contact you with a way to triple your aid money by helping him get his money out of the country before the new government confiscated it?

Well, he said that he would transfer the money into my bank account, HOW WAS I TO KNOW OTHERWISE?

alt post: Veretas' mom.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I got to like 13 once I think and declared the time it took me to get there extremely boring. I shouldn't have to throw 40 hours into an RPG for it to finally start being fun. I am paying for every second I play after all.

Though I'll concede that I have yet to play an MMO I liked (never played WOW) and perhaps what I find to be a dull grind is really just a gameplay style that isn't for me. But the fact that most everyone I knew that played it doesn't anymore and didn't for very long should mean something.

Pip being one of those people. :P

Butters on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I stopped because it was eating into school time and dru left me

also, I really can't enjoy traditional mmo's anymore

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dru left because he realized the game sucked. His words, not mine.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I got to like 13 once I think and declared the time it took me to get there extremely boring. I shouldn't have to throw 40 hours into an RPG for it to finally start being fun. I am paying for every second I play after all.

Though I'll concede that I have yet to play an MMO I liked (never played WOW) and perhaps what I find to be a dull grind is really just a gameplay style that isn't for me. But the fact that most everyone I knew that played it doesn't anymore and didn't for very long should mean something.

Pip being one of those people. :P

Every single MMO ever in the history of ever is basically:

1) Level up and experience the game

2) Hit level cap and realize the game is actually this instead of that.

Warhammer Online was infinitely better at level cap then leveling. That's why you could level to 20 before ever stepping foot in a PvP zone and worrying about other players ruining your shit. You also could level in PvP quite well. Hell, you could level crafting.

I just really liked their PvP and the concept of collision impact. Tank characters could block people and perform a good service on the front line by keeping waves of enemies away from my Engineer in the back throwing hand grenades and napalm at people.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah and Order was way overpowered when I played because everybody wanted to be Chaos. That's not really Relic's fault but it sure didn't help. Bright Wizards, Witch Hunters, and the Bezerker rape squads rolling over everything in their path.

And again, I think it's dumb that I should have to get to level 20 or whatever to even have any fun.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    But in all seriousness, I dropped a class because they said it would be fine, Hunter. Turns out it dropped me below the required number of hours. I asked three separate times to make sure it would be fine.

Meh.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I always say that about WoW. Why does the game have to get fun at the end? fuck that.

Melding on
This discussion has been closed.