Options

Door to Door [Chat]iac

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was going to protest but I heard rumblings that this shit was going to go down days before anything happened, so I abstained

Being caught up in a riot would not be fun.
    You heard rumblings?

Cass, every single protest of an international summit turns to a riot. Every single one. Every damn time. It's as predictable as the sun rising.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm trolling the WC thread

man, fuck Americans who think that every sport not conceived by them needs fixing

I'd rather watch my broken sport than fucking NASCAR

6M4k9.jpg

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    why don't they put G-20 in a real city where the police aren't afraid to shoot first and plant weapons later?
    Why don't they just video-conference the damn thing.

Or as someone in the Canadian politics thread said, hold it on cruise ships or a abandoned oil rig in the middle of the ocean where no one can get to it.

those solutions don't result in a lot of dead anarchistic protesters worried about something that isn't happening and protesting it by destroying shit.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    why don't they put G-20 in a real city where the police aren't afraid to shoot first and plant weapons later?

Or as someone in the Canadian politics thread said, hold it on cruise ships or a abandoned oil rig in the middle of the ocean where no one can get to it.

Because then there'd be some idiot protesters with boats

and then you can't just tear gas them and beat them over the head with truncheons

your options are basically 1. shoot them a little 2. shoot them a lot

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm for cauldrons of hot oil personally

Ludious on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    It isn't Americans dumbing up the WC thread. It's Atomic Ross.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was going to protest but I heard rumblings that this shit was going to go down days before anything happened, so I abstained

Being caught up in a riot would not be fun.
    You heard rumblings?

Cass, every single protest of an international summit turns to a riot. Every single one. Every damn time. It's as predictable as the sun rising.

To clarify I was going to stick with a group of people

then I heard that the people I was planning to go with were planning on throwing some bricks "if someone else started it"

Suddenly I had pressing engagements elsewhere

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

nah, there have been a good few of them over the past two weeks like wet bandit and some dude whose name was just random letters and numbers.

Tav on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, the more dead middle-class anarchists, the better.

Chanus on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

and then you can't just tear gas them and beat them over the head with truncheons

It would be a pretty small group of rioters who were dumb enough to try to storm your ship in international waters.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Now that America isn't playing in the WC, I really don't have a reason to care about soccer.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Thank you.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    So I think the annoying woman that sits behind me was messing with my computer when I was gone.

I walked away with the desktop up.
    Go on the mail run
    Come back and Outlook is up on my screen.

Hmmmmmm.

She's already been caught sending an e-mail from another user's log in. But my boss won't do anything about it because it was reported a day or two later and I wasn't able to catch her.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Honestly, the more dead middle-class anarchists, the better.

This is the reason I hate the rioters so much.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So I think the annoying woman that sits behind me was messing with my computer when I was gone.

Go on the mail run

Hmmmmmm.

She's already been caught sending an e-mail from another user's log in. But my boss won't do anything about it because it was reported a day or two later and I wasn't able to catch her.

Windows-L solves that problem for you at least.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

It would be a pretty small group of rioters who were dumb enough to try to storm your ship in international waters.

yes but it only takes one

because a ship manned by protestors that are refusing to stop is indistinguishable from a ship full of explosives refusing to stop

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Go on the mail run

Hmmmmmm.

did you check your sent messages?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There are very few people that inspire perfectly genuine ill will towards their well being in me.

People who think that it is OK to destroy property because they're angry about politics or a sports game rank pretty high up there.

Followed closely by Paul Watson and his brainwashed Sea Shepard cronies.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Middle of the ocean.

I'm not saying "five miles off coast where you can still swim back to land".

I'm saying "middle of the motherfucking ocean".

I'd like to see some anarchist anti-capitalist moron take his rich daddy's fishing boat from the second summer camp and drive it to the middle of the motherfucking ocean.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Go on the mail run

Hmmmmmm.

Lock your computer every time you get up.

James on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i kind of hate protesters. i feel really bad about that.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

because a ship manned by protestors that are refusing to stop is indistinguishable from a ship full of explosives refusing to stop

Yeah, but to go further: nobody is going to get very upset about a boatload of dickheads ignoring repeated warnings of "stop or we will fire" and getting blown out of the water. Compare with the police beating down anyone in arm's reach.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    we had a anti-israel riot here

we don't have many riots

god, the whining

the whining!

they were whining about how violent the police was (tear gas and batons. The police actually sat rather passive through the whole thing, just trying to contain the rioters)

and whining about how horrible the conditions was in jail

and whining

and whining

jesus, shut up, or next time we won't send the police

we'll just send the king's guard and tell them to fire at will

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i kind of hate protesters. i feel really bad about that.

The problem is how often they're middle-class joiners just along for the party.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Go on the mail run

Hmmmmmm.

That's not a good excuse for someone snooping on my computer though. Especially someone that's not a manager or supervisor, but a co-worker. It's still an invasion of privacy, especially considering the work that I do is supposed to be for my eyes only. I've been sitting at this same desk for over 3 years and I haven't had an issue until this woman showed up.

My other point of evidence is that these PCs turn off their monitor after 10 minutes and auto lock after 15 minutes of inactivity. I was gone for 20. It was unlocked and the monitor was still on.

And Duna, I did. Nothing, unfortunately.

I told my boss if he doesn't do something about it, I will. And if I do, it won't be pretty.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yeah, but to go further: nobody is going to get very upset about a boatload of dickheads ignoring repeated warnings of "stop or we will fire" and getting blown out of the water. Compare with the police beating down anyone in arm's reach.
    Yeah that too. There are no innocent bystanders in the middle of the ocean.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    would your boss be opposed to you setting up a honeypot webcam trap?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Go on the mail run

Hmmmmmm.

That's not a good excuse for someone snooping on my computer though. Especially someone that's not a manager or supervisor, but a co-worker. It's still an invasion of privacy, especially considering the work that I do is supposed to be for my eyes only. I've been sitting at this same desk for over 3 years and I haven't had an issue until this woman showed up.

My other point of evidence is that these PCs turn off their monitor after 10 minutes and auto lock after 15 minutes of inactivity. I was gone for 20. It was unlocked and the monitor was still on.

And Duna, I did. Nothing, unfortunately.

I told my boss if he doesn't do something about it, I will. And if I do, it won't be pretty.

Well, I know it doesn't solve the actual problem... but it protects your shit.

Set up a hidden camera or something. Does your office have security cameras?

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    would your boss be opposed to you setting up a honeypot webcam trap?

Probably not but the PC would. The USB ports are disabled. We still use the PS/2 ports.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Middle of the ocean.

I'm not saying "five miles off coast where you can still swim back to land".

I'm saying "middle of the motherfucking ocean".

I'd like to see some anarchist anti-capitalist moron take his rich daddy's fishing boat from the second summer camp and drive it to the middle of the motherfucking ocean.

okay

that's not hard

what you do is, you take a boat, then you go out into the ocean for a while

after a few days you'll be in the middle of the ocean

Aroused bull: Oh yes they'd be upset. They'd be so very very upset. Because if they in fact weren't terrorists everyone would say "they shot unarmed protesters!" ignoring the fact that it's like shooting a bear that was charging you to give you a hug

EDIT: Also dead is far worse than beaten up a little then arrested.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

we don't have many riots

god, the whining

the whining!

they were whining about how violent the police was (tear gas and batons. The police actually sat rather passive through the whole thing, just trying to contain the rioters)

and whining

and whining

Pre-1988 they basically could have done that here too.

I think the fuss here is the possibility of Charter violations and the odd way it was handled. If people do illegal shit, we have a thing called due process.

James on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Protesting shouldn't really be allowed.

It's just middle-class kids talking about stuff they don't know anything about.

No first-hand experience=shut the hell up.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aroused bull: Oh yes they'd be upset. They'd be so very very upset. Because if they in fact weren't terrorists everyone would say "they shot unarmed protesters!" ignoring the fact that it's like shooting a bear that was charging you to give you a hug

It would depend entirely on media spin, really. If you leave out enough facts it would get very upsetting indeed.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    okay

that's not hard

surviving on a small boat in the middle of the ocean, or getting there without wrecking your boat in the first place, is a big problem

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »

Do you also want those damn kids to turn their music down and get off your lawn?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    James wrote: »

we don't have many riots

god, the whining

the whining!

and whining

and whining

Pre-1988 they basically could have done that here too.

I think the fuss here is the possibility of Charter violations and the odd way it was handled. If people do illegal shit, we have a thing called due process.

Uh, yeah. And no-one is receiving extrajudiciary punishment unless the police are beating people up after they've been locked up or something like that.

Aroused Bull: Yeah, I mean, isn't there already a lot of fuss over this where nothing bad has happened AFAIK?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »

Uh, yeah, sure.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    I will return to the WC thread later, when it's about football.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    okay

that's not hard

surviving on a small boat in the middle of the ocean, or getting there without wrecking your boat in the first place, is a big problem

It isn't.

Have you ever been on a boat, by the way?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    okay

that's not hard

It isn't.

Have you ever been on a boat, by the way?

I'm on a... No, I'm not doing that. I do it enough when I'm not on the internet.

YamiNoSenshi on
This discussion has been closed.