As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ExaltedOOC] "Rollan rollan rollan, raaaawhiiide"

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, it does get easier with practice.

I think I have a pretty solid feel on who the Khan is, what he's about, and how he will tend to react to things.

It gets more interesting of course as time goes on and your character changes

So folks with first time jitters: don't worry about it! your character is going to be evolving anyway so don't sweat it ;)

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yep, going to chime in here. We're kicking off. The important thing is to get momentum going, playing your character will come more naturally given a little time posting. I really don't want to see this RP die, so getting some progress in the first week is critical!

Postpostpostpost!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Posted

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ringo you get a free point of XP for making me burst out laughing.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You said really persuasive!

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And so he was.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry for the delay gentlemen. Was recovering from the long weekend, and todays the girlfriends birthday.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The ceiling is about 10 feet high, a 4-yard jump will get you through the hole in the roof. Looking down the corridor not filled with advancing guards reveals that it leads deeper into the prison-complex, with stairs leading down below ground level at the end of the corridor, a few doors leading off to the sides.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Where do we want to go?

I'm partial to the ceiling if we're looking to escape, or deeper into the prison complex if we want to strike a blow against the order - we might encounter political prisoners who we could free as well.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hey i need stats for my falcon

he's my go-to guy on the awareness and perception front

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, without the survival Charms that let you talk to animals, it's not going to be able to communicate anything beyond visual information(especially at only Familiar 1.) It can tell you where enemy troops are, where the guy wearing the fancy hat is, but it can't tell you what's on the map the guy with the fancy hat is looking at, or tell you what he's talking about unless you invest more into it.

Your Falcon's statblock, though. It's an improved Mospid from page 348.
    Strength 2 Dexterity 4 Stamina 2, Perception 3, Intelligence 2, Wits 3, Willpower 3
    Athletics 5, Awareness 4, Dodge 5, Integrity 1, Investigation 2, Martial Arts 2, Presence 1, Resistance 1, Stealth 2, Survival 4
    Attacks - Claw - Speed 5, Accuracy 6, Damage 2L, Rate 2
    Dodge DV 5, Soak 0L/2B
    Health Levels - 0/-1/-2/-4/Incapacitated/Dying/Dying
    A successful survival+charisma roll(you've got a large enough pool that you don't need to roll, but under stressful situations I may require it, like in the heat of battle) allows it to communicate visual information that it's seen, without further investment in Charms or Familiar he won't be able to communicate more specific items

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    that's fine for now

later on i will have some talkin' to animal charms if i can meet the reqs

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Friendship With Animals Approach requires Survival 1 and Essence 2, pretty sure you meet that req. Ignore the Majestic Radiant Presence requirement because it doesn't make any sense at all.

That also lets you get Bestial Traits Technique, which would allow you to turn your hawk into an absurd monster. With enough time it would end up like...

Str 5/Dex 6/Sta 5 Perception 5

Valor 4, Athletics 5, Awareness 5, Martial Arts 5, Resistance 5, Survival 5, another 5 health levels, and adult-human intelligence.

so awesome.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    sounds like barbarian lord stuff to me

"Hazar... KILL!"

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bah, I went with the familiar instead of the 'tame your own familiar' charms because of the majestic radiant presence technique requirement. Can we also ignore how using the animal training wipes out your original familiar dots? Because that was similarly stupid. I want to ride a claw strider so bad!

As for the perception check - I should just roll that on invisiblecastle post it, and add my reaction if I get two or more successes?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It is a 100% inconsequential perception check, you can roll however you want. Invisible Castle or Orokos preferred, though. Be consistent in your use and reporting rolls and I'm fine with it.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Tsas Khan!

What is Best in Life?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think Tsas Khan is actually the dude asking that question.

Or maybe the guy that got it wrong.

If he was the guy that got it wrong... well he probably killed the dude asking the question afterwards.

Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30tyaXv6EI

edit: so i guess Tsas is a Hyrkanian in the R.E. Howard way of things

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So there's a couple of doors in this corridor if you want to start kicking them down, or you can just head straight into the basement. It's up to you.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    can pluto shoot a door into flaming wreckage?

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    can pluto shoot a door into flaming wreckage?

It is something I will have to take into consideration, especially if we're sprinting towards a locked door and can't afford to lose any momentum while at the same time looking so awesome.

I'd rather save that sort of moment for the future.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "It's locked! Luckily, I possess the key."

*BOOM*

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay, so, the prisoner list. The top sheet is the main holding area list, only three prisoners are on it. The Ethereal Voice, listed as Anathema, placed under heavy guard in the top-security public cell, and a pair of murderers, Jaghai and Stoke, who you passed on your way in.

The other pages are lists of various anti-Realm political prisoners who are being held in the private holding cells in the basement, none of the names mean anything to you, but they might to other people.

Some of the pages handed to you by the clerk would be gibberish to anyone else, but your well-trained eye spots the shipping times and schedules for delivery that shouldn't be mixed up with a prisoner list. They're shipping multiple agents of the Tri-Khan and the Guild who are in holding back to the Scarlet Empire for 'leverage' over the next few days.

A hastily-scrawled interrogation report reveals the name of a prisoner that isn't on the list, Cathak Sindle. A single word scrawled on the bottom: 'Unresponsive'

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Some of the pages handed to you by the clerk would be gibberish to anyone else, but your well-trained eye spots the shipping times and schedules for delivery that shouldn't be mixed up with a prisoner list. They're shipping multiple agents of the Tri-Khan and the Guild who are in holding back to the Scarlet Empire for 'leverage' over the next few days.

ooh! they're like currency with legs!
    A hastily-scrawled interrogation report reveals the name of a prisoner that isn't on the list, Cathak Sindle. A single word scrawled on the bottom: 'Unresponsive'

ooh! plot hook with legs!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OP needs my slightly changed sheet from the spoiler on page 8

Also remind me to get at least one dot of investigation when I get a chance.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Khan and Ethereal Voice got investigation covered decently i think.

All Judge's Ear.

Don't be tellin' no lies around them two.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Judge's Ear" sounds like one of those old-timey sicknesses that they tried to cure with snake oil.

i.e.

"Gul'demnit ah cain't hear straight since ah's been sorely afflicted wit dat Judge's Ear y'know."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hey rainy

since we didn't have the chance to flesh out allies and mentor i only got what we yapped about in IRC

mentor i recall: "put in two dots. your mentor is a god."

i digged that concept, would be cool to visit it.

also the three dots in allies... i had assumed that the Khan is Oathbound with three other war chieftains in the south who are at or at least near his level of power and influence, but we didn't work out anything specific. not that we have to right now, but i'm sure i will draw upon that at some point.

until i can get that fifth dot in followers and have a real army going, will need all the help we can get there

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, it very much depends on what sort of God you want to be your mentor. For example, it could be the minor war god of Tsas Khan's tribe, who is now teaching him and training him in hopes that he'll make the tribe, and by extension the god, more powerful.

Or really any other relatively minor god that could have a stake in seeing a friendly Solar Exalt get more powerful. Your options are practically limitless, it just depends on what you want.

As for your allies, none of them are Exalts(I'm trying to keep your Exalted foes and allies relatively sparse, as a flavor thing) but they're potent god/faebloods, with their own tribes and resources to call on, separate from your main force. Since you're good at this stuff, feel free to write up some basic descriptions/ideas for your allies, and I'll stat 'em up.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    spear god li should be his mentor

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Better than having Spear God Li's dad as a mentor I suppose.

Unless of course you love Rockslides.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Arc

make a night caste assassin with a band of loyal until death Hashashin.

a band of terrifying assasayun

led by one who could kill Al-Tair and Batman at the same time without either of them noticing.

do it

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    fuck

okay

because shoe asked

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Arc

led by one who could kill Al-Tair and Batman at the same time without either of them noticing.

do it

I still remember how I first explained Exalted to a friend of mine.

"Listen, using the rules in the game I was able to create a beginning level character who is so stealthy he hides from peoples memories."

Apparently we are going to have a campaign going during the school year.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    fuck

okay

because shoe asked

don't forget your loyal and deadly followers!

mang i even had a 'how an assassin met the khan' thing

basically Tsas Khan wakes up one night

there is a dude sitting on his bed with a dagger at his throat

"Hi."

"Nicely done. Did you kill the dozen guards outside as well?"

"Thirteen. And no."

"I assume you want something because you're still alive?"

"Looking for work."

"It so happens I'm looking for assassins."

And then probably being Oathbound. Shoulda asked to get paid first!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    lodwilk wrote: »
    Arc

do it

"Listen, using the rules in the game I was able to create a beginning level character who is so stealthy he hides from peoples memories."

This is pretty rad. Stealthy characters are the shit, they are simply impossible to see or stop, the only way to survive is with an anti-surprise charm, but that doesn't stop him from killing all your mans anyway.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »
    lodwilk wrote: »
    Arc

do it

This is pretty rad. Stealthy characters are the shit, they are simply impossible to see or stop, the only way to survive is with an anti-surprise charm, but that doesn't stop him from killing all your mans anyway.

"hah! there you are! you've lost the moment of surprise, anathema!"

"hate to break it to you this way but i killed you a few seconds ago and i'm just cleaning my knives now."

"but... i would have remembered that!"

"yeah... i hid from your memories too. oh, and then i also killed them."

"aw shi --" (drop)

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nah, Solars don't play with time. A Sidereal could manage that sort of trick, though.

Also, I've been chilling on #criticalfailures on slashnet if you guys want to chat game outside of this thread.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    any good assassin knows how to make the right deal to get shit done

"i want to kill some dude's memories and also him. no i do not know what that means but it's what the client wanted. get a sidereal on the phone."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ya we were joking about how a Night Caste assassin would go into a targets home and slaughter every single person inside the house in front of his target. Then instead of killing him, he just erases himself from the mans memories.

So now there's this man in a house full of corpses and he has no idea what the hell happened. Anyways I'm off to my LGS for the weekly dnd encounters. I shall be back to post later tonight gentlemen.

lodwilk on