As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tron: Evolution - Average & Tron = Above average

123457»

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so I understand this is a good rental

my problem is that no one is renting it out

Joolander on
  • Options
    FiannawolfFiannawolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just to let people know:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Tron-Evolution/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802425607ed

A 2ed MP Map pack was released. The Sam Flynn Pack is included with new copies of the game. All I had to to was log in and change out my outfit once Sam was activated. The 2ed map pack has 5 new MP maps with some old school cycle action.

Fiannawolf on
    N7+Ghostwolf.gif
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How many people actually play this online (360 versus PS3).

Is it any fun? I'm really tempted to grab a copy even with the game getting destroyed reviews wise. I won't play the single player campaign though ... it would be soley for multiplayer.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bamelin wrote: »

Is it any fun? I'm really tempted to grab a copy even with the game getting destroyed reviews wise. I won't play the single player campaign though ... it would be soley for multiplayer.

$39 at Best Buy this week. 360/PS3/(Possibly) Wii

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Not on sale at BB in Canada sadly.

Game retaining an online community? Is multiplayer fun?

Bamelin on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well, from what I've heard the single player level affects the multiplayer so if you wanted to be on top of your game you needed to play the multiplayer.

That being said, I ordered this for the 360. I was just looking for a decent deal.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well, from what I've heard the single player level affects the multiplayer so if you wanted to be on top of your game you needed to play the multiplayer.

That being said, I ordered this for the 360. I was just looking for a decent deal.

It's actually better to grind out experience in the single player portion of the game than the multi player. The first time I wandered on-line I got utterly destroyed by a higher level character. The power difference is very noticeable.

Of course that only really counts on the disc wars side of things. If you're planning to concentrate on Light Cycle maps, then your level becomes somewhat less of a concern. It doesn't matter how powerful an opponent is when they slam into your Light Cycle trail. :lol:

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    trondis wrote: »
    I'm actually Jeff Bridges.

You were awesome in True Grit!

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mego Thor wrote: »

I would laugh if jeff bridges actually visited PA forums and hung out with us.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fiannawolf wrote: »
    Just to let people know:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Tron-Evolution/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802425607ed

A 2ed MP Map pack was released. The Sam Flynn Pack is included with new copies of the game. All I had to to was log in and change out my outfit once Sam was activated. The 2ed map pack has 5 new MP maps with some old school cycle action.

Guys I just wanna say, the second multiplayer map pack is fucking amazing.
    * Skyline: On the upper echelons of TRON City, combatants deftly navigate massive gaps among rooftops while battling.
    * Spires: A Nexus Stream maintenance spire hangs precariously under the expanse of Arjia City. Vertical mobility is the key to survive.
    * Classic: The first-generation game grid meets the next generation of grid combatants.
    * Relic: A legacy of the past, the original game grid is slowly being eaten away by the Outlands.
    * Drydock: In a highly secure part of the Grid, Clu’s Regulator is nearing the final phases of its construction.

http://www.destructoid.com/more-tron-evolution-multiplayer-maps-on-the-way-190132.phtml

Kochikens on
  • Options
    trondistrondis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mego Thor wrote: »

EVERYONE was awesome in True Grit. "YOU HAVE SHOT ONLY FOODSTUFFS!"

Anyway, just wanted to duck back in and give the PS3 folks a heads-up that the 2nd DLC pack will be available on PSN on 1/18, so start saving yr pennies! Also if anyone has any feedback about the DLC which they'd like the House of Mouse to hear, feel free to post it and I'll gladly pass it along. Thanks!

trondis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And Propaganda Games is gone.
    LA Times wrote:
    Disney Interactive Studios has closed its Vancouver, Canada-based game development studio Propaganda Games, representing another in a series of shake-ups since John Pleasants was installed last fall as head of the games group.

Propaganda recently completed work on Tron: Evolution, a console game that explores events leading up to the conflict in the film "Tron: Legacy." Even though it featured voice talent from the film, sales have been weak. Disney has sold only 190,755 copies, according to NPD Group.

The Canadian studio had been hit with a round of layoffs last October, after Disney cancelled Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned, a role-playing game inspired by the movie franchise. Propaganda employed about 70 people.

Propaganda's closing signals a new emphasis for the games group under Pleasants, who was brought into Disney with the acquisition last summer of online social gaming company Playdom, where he was chief executive. He oversees all of Disney's video game business, including console titles, mobile and online games, and Web-based virtual worlds such as Club Penguin and the recently launched World of Cars.

In a recent earnings call, Disney Chief Executive Robert A. Iger noted that the games business is undergoing a shift away from consoles toward social and mobile games.

"We've seen a pretty big shift in games from console to what we'll call multiplatform, everything from mobile apps to social networking games," Iger said on the call. "By putting John Pleasants in to run games, not only will he focus on turning those businesses to profitability, but diversifying our presence in the business."

And damn I'd have thought that they'd have sold more than that. Tron Evolution wasn't the greatest game, but it was surprisingly good fun when all was said and done.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I hate this campaign so much. If I wanted to play a jumping game i'd play mario galaxy where it's actually fun.

After tron 2.0 this is a huge disappointment. The huge problems are; Poor camera angles, Single button does all, Poor combo system, SAVE CHECK POINTS!

Save points are the worst thing ever. HAVE VIDEOGAMES FINALLY EVOLVED PAST THIS YET?!

This game is worse then I thought. The only thing that is getting me through is the enjoyable story. The MP better be worth it.

It's really obvious the developers threw this together sloppily from a videogame standpoint. The art is fantastic and the environments are cool but that's it.

Meocre is being generous. But If I can make myself suffer through halo reach on legendary- I can do this though.

ALSO

ARJIA THEATER CAN GO DIE IN A FIRE!

if I find the SOB who made that part I will kick them in the crotch for green lighting it.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MP is great fun as long as you make sure you play on the light-cycle maps. Haring around at full speed on a light-cycle never gets old.

I really should wander back on-line and see if people are still playing the MP. Maybe my connection speed will have improved and I won't be lagging behind everyone now.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    And Propaganda Games is gone.
    LA Times wrote:
    Disney Interactive Studios has closed its Vancouver, Canada-based game development studio Propaganda Games, representing another in a series of shake-ups since John Pleasants was installed last fall as head of the games group.

Propaganda recently completed work on Tron: Evolution, a console game that explores events leading up to the conflict in the film "Tron: Legacy." Even though it featured voice talent from the film, sales have been weak. Disney has sold only 190,755 copies, according to NPD Group.

The Canadian studio had been hit with a round of layoffs last October, after Disney cancelled Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned, a role-playing game inspired by the movie franchise. Propaganda employed about 70 people.

Propaganda's closing signals a new emphasis for the games group under Pleasants, who was brought into Disney with the acquisition last summer of online social gaming company Playdom, where he was chief executive. He oversees all of Disney's video game business, including console titles, mobile and online games, and Web-based virtual worlds such as Club Penguin and the recently launched World of Cars.

In a recent earnings call, Disney Chief Executive Robert A. Iger noted that the games business is undergoing a shift away from consoles toward social and mobile games.

"We've seen a pretty big shift in games from console to what we'll call multiplatform, everything from mobile apps to social networking games," Iger said on the call. "By putting John Pleasants in to run games, not only will he focus on turning those businesses to profitability, but diversifying our presence in the business."

And damn I'd have thought that they'd have sold more than that. Tron Evolution wasn't the greatest game, but it was surprisingly good fun when all was said and done.

Guess we won't be seeing a proper tie-in with the next film.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thank heavens propaganda games was eliminated. Playing this game... *sigh* I want to like it but. The endless jumping puzzles, the terrible light cycle controls.Just everything! It all feels SLOPPY.

I've seen my fair share of bullshit puzzles and I'm only to chapter 5. I'm going to finish it and then get rid of it. I'm not expecting people to even put up with this kind of garbage for the MP portion of this game.

Propaganda games- I'm glad your gone.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    trondistrondis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    HE LIVES

Sup folks; I just got a bunch of cheat codes to use in TRON: Evolution: Battle Grids and thought I'd pass 'em along:

Disc Battle
    o DBBombs
    o DBHealth
    o DBUnlimited
    o DBFast
    o DBTurbo

Tanks
    o TKShield
    o TKMissle
    o TKMortar
    o TKMines

Light Cycles