As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RADlands - Everyone shut the fuck up, VAMOS A BAILAR

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a bunch of people gettin' mad on the internet.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

100.png
(click for 2.0 rules)

Seasons now available in interpretive dance: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15]

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

Update Schedule:

MF: One update per day
TWR: Persistent updates from 1200-1400 or 1800-2000 Pacific time
Weekends: itisamystery5if6jb.gif

There are currently five missions happening simultaneously:

[Black as Light] [Viscount Islands, Speed Racer]
Estimated Location: Rome
Description: Things kind of went to shit back there, yeah? Times are alright now though. Time to keep spreading the good word for the BPs.

[Sydney's Quest for Fire] [Neotoma, Tommy2hands, Thor4242, Shock G]
Estimated Location: Chicago
Description:Sydney will not be at peace until she was the strongest there every was. She needs to fully explore and understand her pyrokinesis. Cassandra has found large amounts of heat radiating from the ruins of Chicago, along with some heavy psychic energy. She believes Sydney may find what she is looking for there.

[Jayce Needs to Get Over Himself] [Krosius, Raneados, Shabooty, Scarlet St., Cyense, VALVEjunkie, Lockout, Corom]
Estimated Location: London
Description:Jayce's internal conflict is wrecking his subneural security. He needs to find a way to deal with it, and Cassandra believes the leader of a particular mutant colony in the RADwrecked carcass of London may be able to help him gain some insight into his inner conflict.

[Robots are People Too] [Squall, Antimatter, Kueller, DontShootToasters, Marshmallow]
Estimated Location: Tokyo
Description:Sorta. The robots need to figure out who, and what they are exactly. Until they can truly understand what they are, they can't hope to stand up to a subneural intrusion. Cassandra has found a large robot colony in Tokyo that may be able to help them discover their true potential and seal up the gaps in their Subneural Signatures.

[RAD Enough Dudes][Fire Truck, Stilts, Cheeseliker, Dux, Dubh]
Estimated Location:
Washington DC
Description: The Ocean King's heart and subneural network beat in the same rhythm as his nation, a nation currently being ruled by a hockey-mask wearing loony. This country's only big enough for one delusional, self-styled monarch. Are you a bad enough dude to depose the president?

[PENDING MISSIONS]

[Jimothy's Mom May or May Not Have it Going On] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Miami
Description:Jimothy wants to find his mom. Cassandra hopes that doing so will sure up the security of his Subneural Signature, and Clams hopes that doing so will shut him up. Cassandra has discovered a lead on a possible genetic match in the ruins of Miami that she believes looks promising.

[DLC MISSIONS]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St., Tommy2hands]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.

[Bring Down This Guy] [DLC] [Purchased by: Tommy2hands, Dux, Lockout]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo's sister has sent him word of a pro-human organization in Atlanta by the name of "Hellhound". Mutants have been going missing around the area, and Hellhound is believed to be the cause. She'd like someone to investigate the problem.

[DLC ACCESSORIZERS AND BAUBLES]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Whore's Armor][25%][Armor: -5% [P] Damage; Distracting: Inflicts a -10% penalty on attacks against you, or a -15% penalty if you have Hot]

[Bloody Raccoon Armor][25%] [Leo's cousin has acquired a set of hide armor he found on a dead woodsman in what used to be yellowstone. It appears to be a heavy leather jacket lined with blood-stained, and highly iRADiated, raccoon fur. It's quite comfortable.] [Armor -5% [P] Damage; Gliding: After running your full [P] in feet, you may glide an equal distance.][32000 RADLand Points]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain +10% character points.][89000000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account.][Special: The Card increases your RAD cap by 10%; VIP: You're a very important person, NPCs know it, and will react favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

[Introducing the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection! Be the envy of your friends! Impress women! Show that dick at work who's boss! You are! If you collect Glossolalia Collectible Card Colelction Cards! Each Card comes with a unique, useful, and occasionally devastating Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Capability! Collect all the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards and be the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Collection Commander! And, thanks to the patented Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Carry-Over, all Cards remains with you through all Glossolalia-Brand Games! Only 50000 Glossolalia Points, ORDER NOW!
[Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards Currently Available]
[Speed Racer]
[Jo'Marli]
[Locth]
[Feli]
[Thieresai]
[The Urson]
[Kih'tan (Planet)]
[Grezzibel]
[Skyaergarigyth]
[Starfish Cove]
[Ol' Stregged]
[Kih'Tan (Species)]
[ICEberg]
[Page 97]
[Loeli]
[Ytlkrek]
[SECommandos]
[Reavens]
[Urson Gateway]
[Benevochlorians]
[Malevochondria]

...and many more coming soon!

Addendum C/O Raneados

Squall is the best around, ain't nothin' gonna keep him down.

100% Beta Testing

DE?AD is running a beta test for the new system this week, only a handful of us are giving it a whirl. Here are the rules because scarlet can't be arsed to save them somewhere after being pointed to them dozens of times.

Skills: You have 100% to spend on skills at character creation. Try to spread them out if you can, there are 56 skills to choose from.

[Physical Skills] Acrobatics, Athletics, Archery, Melee, Ride, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Throwing
[Tech Skills] Computers, Demolitions, Drive, Electronics, Firearms, Heavy Weapons, Mechanic, Sabotage, Pilot
[Knowledge Skills] Behavioral Sciences, Biology, Business, Civics, Cryptography, Geology, High Culture, History, Languages, Medicine, Mythology, Physical Sciences, Popular Culture, Tactics, Technology, Streetwise, Philosophy
[Interaction Skills] Persuasion, Manipulation, Animal Handling
[Intuitive Skills] Observation, Empathy
[Artistic Skills] Visual Arts, Music, Theatre, Writing
[Esoteric Skills] Magic, Psionics, Elemental Control

Traits: You have five traits that abide by the following format
Talent, Personality, Profession*, Background*, and Flaw. [*Replaced by Species when necessary.]
Make them count, let them perfectly describe your character, and don't muss it up with frilly and unneccesary words.

Tags: Make your choices!

Tag Skill Mods: When you select your Tag Skill, choose one of the following modifiers.
[Easy]: Actions attempted with your Tag Skill are one step less difficult.
[Inspired]: Your Special acts as a bonus to your Tag Skill.
[Potent]: Successes are treated as having been +40% higher.
[Adrenal]: Your Stress acts a as a bonus to your Tag Skill.

Tag Trait Mods: When you select your Tag Trait, choose one of the following modifiers.
[Heart]: You gain +5% Special for every step your Tag Trait modifies the Chance of an action.
[Armor]: Your Tag Trait can negate, instead of lower, relevant Stress Gains.
: You lose +5% Stress for every step your Tag Trait modifies the Chance of an action.
[Focus]: Your Tag Trait grants an additional +40% to Chance when used with your Tag Skill.

Overdrives: When you have 100% Special, you may enter your Overdrive state. Overdrives may only be activated in Conflict. Your Special drops by 20% each round while in Overdrive, and your Overdrive ends when you reach 0% Special. While in Overdrive, you gain one of the following benefits:
[Fated]: All Chance is swayed 50% in your favor.
[Swift]: You may take two actions on each turn.
[Invincible]: Your Stress resets to 0% at the end of each turn.
[Specialized]: While in Overdrive, your Tag Skill gains a +100% bonus.

Your character sheet should look like this:
[Name] Special (Mod name) 0% Stress 0%
Traits: Trait, Tag Trait (Mod name), Trait, Trait, Trait
Skills: Skill 00%, Skill 00%, Skill 00%, Tag Skill (Mod Name) 00%, Skill 00%

Difficulty: Roll are handled entirely by DE?AD, who determines how difficult an action is by the following table. Note that the [Easy] skill tag helps you out here.
[Chance Levels]
[100%] Not Worth Rolling
[80%] Easy
[60%] Average
[40%] Problematic
[20%] Challenging
[0%] Difficult
[-20%] Very Difficult
[-40%] Herculean
[-60%] Preposterous
[-80%] Absurd
[-100%] Nigh-Impossible
[-120%] Inconceivable!
[Skill Benchmarks]
[5%] Dabbler
[10%] Amateur
[20%] Professional
[30%] Expert
[40%-50%] Master
[60%-70%] Best-in World
[80%-90%] Absurdly Proficient
[100%+] Superhuman Mastery

Squall on

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    we're a tight knit group

we're gonna argue

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ADDENDUM: I DON'T KNOW ANY SPANISH

Squall on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    try Latin

it's way more cool

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    try playing a saw

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    also way more de?ad

Squall on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    [CHETQUEST]

Because of his 4 prehensile dicks, and every women who has ever scorned him being nearby, things get ugly fast.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Leave to dance?

(I suck at spanish.)

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Frrrrrp.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's like the whole thread was suddenly DE?AD

If I couldn't see usernames or avatars I wouldn't know the difference.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Gf6nNXj28

(I haven't seen Scarface either)

Squall on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hello, new thread,

Let us together foster an environment in which only good emotions may form and encompass each and every one of us, leaving us as better individuals, and a better family.

Sincerely,
    HHHhhhhhhhhhhdgfj

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    [CHETQUEST]

Because of his 4 prehensile dicks, and every women who has ever scorned him being nearby, things get ugly fast.

Also declaring my appreciation for this post.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that song is really bad holy shit

Squall on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I was thinking about you when I wrote that, vis

er, I mean I knew you would like it

Shabooty on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "we are going to dance"?

Raneados on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    [CHETQUEST]

Also declaring my appreciation for this post.

:^:

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    "we are going to dance"?

That's probably what Squall meant

but he wrote "We go to dance"

It should be either "estamos voyendo a bailar" or "seamos voyendo a bailar"

I forget which

I think it's seamos

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I meant 'Let's Dance'

but 'we are going to dance' works too

like I said, no spanish retained from high school

Squall on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh wait

no

I think you're right

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have cleansed this thread

Speed, you're now playing as Miley Cy- I mean, Hannah Montana

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Aw man

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    worst kept secret

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Quiet Shabooty, or I'll make you Gaga's understudy

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can't even follow this thread

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you don't need to yet

it's cool

Raneados on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone else just watch youtube videos from an uploader simply because their voices are interesting? Am I the only one that does this?

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [-{Jack Helical}-] [London] Stress 0% RAD 0%
    [Skills]: Slashing and Stabbing 40%, First Aid 20%, Tracking 40%, All-Terrain Mobility 25%
    [Traits]: Inhumanly Quick 15%, Garg. Chitinous Spider-Monster 15%, Deadly Attacks 5%, Arachnid Senses 5%, Terrifying -5%
    Black Card, White Hoodie, Medal

Jack skitters up beside the bat-man and looks over to Stonehenge. Chet appears to be doing a funny and adorable little jig. Jack reminds himself to give Chet a terrifying hug later on. Still looking out, Jack rears slightly and clasps his hands behind his back.

He turns to the bat-man, brows raised

"So what do you need with me, bat-man?"

Raneados on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    Quiet Shabooty, or I'll make you Gaga's understudy

H-hey, Dubh...

Can I be Bowie?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I already called Bowie

I'm not sorry

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    and Bowie answered and then bowie hung up

Raneados on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awwwww

:(

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I call Billy Idol!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am lonely, irritable, and eating Chef Boyardee Forkables which I just purchased with quarters I found on my bedroom floor.

I am not a man to be fucked with.

Which, I guess, makes it a good thing no one is trying to fuck with me.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    and Bowie answered and then bowie hung up

Bowie only said one word. But tt was enough to turn my life around from the dark hole it was squirming into.
    (read this in Morgan Freeman's voice)

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkEpnkJvxm4

just dig some enrique iglesias alright

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dammit adobe

why must photoshop be so expensive

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    use Gimp or paint.net

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    http://www.gimpshop.com/

I think this what I want

Shabooty on
This discussion has been closed.