PiptheFair wrote: »
    gin is the devil's asshole

shut your mouth boy

Usagi on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hahah no rush man, gives me something to look forward to in the mean time

also - last year around christmas, bombs mixed every alcohol in our house (i think it was bombs who did it) - which included wine of various kinds, kaluha, vodkas, fireball, gin, etc., and we tried it

it tasted like chocolate licorice and was not at all terrible

oh - nap - if i find myself in seattle, i want you to take me to a place with good long islands. they aren't very strong up here, at all. i seem to recall the place folks ended up last year at PAX (i dont remember where it was ... i was with mysst and berk and wook was there and munkus ...?) had WAY stronger long islands. i'm wondering if it's a canada thing, for them to be weak.

mully on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've got a three year old bottle of makers at home

I will have some tonight I think in honor of this thread

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    hmmmmm right now my go to whiskey is jack

i need to branch out and try more

i had lots of evan williams this weekend and it wasn't as good, in my opinion

when i walk into my local pub after work, they pour a j&c before i sit down.

clyde's in reston has jameson's for $4 during happy hour, which is riiiiiight....

now.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    [url=http://www.pintspub.com/[/url]This place[/url] is awesome, they have more whiskys than I could ever imagine trying. A fancy 4 page menu of whiskys from all over the world

Some of them are upwards of $800/dram; they're from distilleries that, in years past, been demolished/burned/etc. Some day I would like to afford one of these just to say that I had it

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    naporeon wrote: »
    mully wrote: »
    i've still never tried whiskey of any kind
    I happen to know that this is technically untrue.
    3687196179_be63a49d9f.jpg

that's the kinda shit hobos turn down

georgia-moon-corn-whiskey.jpg

We were drinking this stuff this past weekend. I bought it primarily as a joke.

The smell is so potent that it is physically painful. It luckily tastes a lot better than it smells.

Not good by any means, but surprisingly drinkable.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    naporeon wrote: »
    i've still never tried whiskey of any kind
    I happen to know that this is technically untrue.
    3687196179_be63a49d9f.jpg

that's the kinda shit hobos turn down

georgia-moon-corn-whiskey.jpg

We were drinking this stuff this past weekend. I bought it primarily as a joke.

The smell is so potent that it is physically painful. It luckily tastes a lot better than it smells.

Not good by any means, but surprisingly drinkable.

that is pretty much shine

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    One of my friends who I drink with has no taste for whiskey, he hates it. He can polish off vodka, 151 and the other clear hard-a stuff like nothing but apparently whiskey just doesn't work for him.

It is the greatest shame.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i need to find a bar that i enjoy to do cool stuff like that munky

all the ones here are weird tourist traps full of brodudes

except maybe the gryphon but that is one of the farthest bars from my house, if not THE farthest

Arch on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I went all pax last year drinking whisky and bourbon. On the plane to seattle, one of the engine turbines malfunctioned and we had to wait on the runway for a good hour, they gave us free alcohol, glen livit rocks. Get to the bar, johnny walker black, neat. Tonkkas show, johnny walker, rocks. Then I think it was rusty nails for the rest of pax. I am trying to get my hands on a bottle of johnny walker green, which I have heard was pretty good.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh god straightzi i thought no one else had ever had that

it is so bad/good

Arch on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also - last year around christmas, bombs mixed every alcohol in our house (i think it was bombs who did it) - which included wine of various kinds, kaluha, vodkas, fireball, gin, etc., and we tried it

it tasted like chocolate licorice and was not at all terrible

I've done this at the end of parties before to clean up the nearly empties. I actually stumbled on a drink that my friends are all rather partial to that we call the kitchen sink this way. I have the recipe somewhere.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I went all pax last year drinking whisky and bourbon. On the plane to seattle, one of the engine turbines malfunctioned and we had to wait on the runway for a good hour, they gave us free alcohol, glen livit rocks. Get to the bar, johnny walker black, neat. Tonkkas show, johnny walker, rocks. Then I think it was rusty nails for the rest of pax. I am trying to get my hands on a bottle of johnny walker green, which I have heard was pretty good.

Out of all the Walker colors, Green is by far my favorite. It has that nice peaty flavor that the Gold and Blue just don't have

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am a fan of tequila

mmmm tequila

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Usagi wrote: »

shut your mouth boy

holy gods, i was gonna make a joke about gilbey's and welch's grape juice and found

5250.jpg

gis'ing for purple passion is NSFW btw.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    edited July 2010

it is so bad/good

Yeah I was running out to the liquor store and I asked if anyone had any requests, and my roommate tells me to bring back whiskey.

Now I know for a fact two things:

1. He doesn't really know his good whiskey
    2. He will not pay me back for this

So I bought that. It was the second cheapest bottle of whiskey in the store.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can't say that I've ever just sipped bourbon before. I feel the need to go buy a bottle of bourbon now to try it out.

I have however had scotch, and if it is at all similar then I might be in trouble. It is easily the most difficult "acquired taste" thing that I have tried to pick up, and I am still pretty far from actually liking it.

edit: and holy crap this thing is moving now.

For the record, I could drink gin straight from the bottle. I won't. But it is delicious enough that I could.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zonugal, I am going to bring a rediculous polyester shirt and some white bellbottoms to pax, we are going to go to a club, and consume whiskey like men. Then neville can drive us home.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »

it is so bad/good

Yeah I was running out to the liquor store and I asked if anyone had any requests, and my roommate tells me to bring back whiskey.

Now I know for a fact two things:

1. He doesn't really know his good whiskey
    2. He will not pay me back for this

So I bought that. It was the second cheapest bottle of whiskey in the store.

my friend came down from ohio and was blown away at the fact that whiskey existed

so he bought a jar and we all had some

i was surprised that it was at least drinkable, but yeah it did smell like something evil

Arch on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    cadmunky wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

shut your mouth boy

holy gods, i was gonna make a joke about gilbey's and welch's grape juice and found

5250.jpggis'ing for purple passion is NSFW btw.

ahaha, I can only imagine

Usagi on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zonugal, I am going to bring a rediculous polyester shirt and some white bellbottoms to pax, we are going to go to a club, and consume whiskey like men. Then neville can drive us home.

And all of this will just be the pre-funk for Neville's place?

Right?

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have made sure there is always a bottle of whiskey or scotch by my computer at all times. Reading some of your poss is just too much to take sober.

Right now there is a 1/8 of a bottle of Jamesons and a bottle of Glenfiddich ready to replace it.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spudge wrote: »

Out of all the Walker colors, Green is by far my favorite. It has that nice peaty flavor that the Gold and Blue just don't have

I got a little bottle of Green for christmas and I love it so much. If I ever come into money I am going to get a bottle of it so fast my head will spin.

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It's not even that expensive. $60 for a fifth of that shit is a great price

Much better than paying $Texas for a bottle of Blue, and much more enjoyable

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

Right?

Naturally

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm currently tasting the rose water and orange blossom water that I got. trying to figure out what it would incorporate well with.

whoooooooooooboy is rose water fragrant

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    oh - nap - if i find myself in seattle, i want you to take me to a place with good long islands. they aren't very strong up here, at all. i seem to recall the place folks ended up last year at PAX (i dont remember where it was ... i was with mysst and berk and wook was there and munkus ...?) had WAY stronger long islands. i'm wondering if it's a canada thing, for them to be weak.
    Boy, do I have a place for you!

(Just a warning...they are very, very strong, and sometimes taste like a hobo smells.)

P.S. It's totally a Canada thing. I ordered three of them when I went to Vancouver a couple years back, and they were all made with 2 shots of vodka, plus sweet & sour and Coke.

naporeon on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spudge wrote: »
    It's not even that expensive. $60 for a fifth of that shit is a great price

Much better than paying $Texas for a bottle of Blue, and much more enjoyable

I'm a poor college student though, sixty bucks could buy groceries for a month

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i dont want to drink dog urine, nap, i just want to make that clear

mully on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Back in March, I went round to a friend of a friend's house. They knew of my love of whisky and they broke out an expensive bottle for my, and anyone else who wanted some pleasure. Best damn scotch I've ever had the fortune to drink but unfortunately I forgot to take a note of what kind it was and I've not had a drop since. Bah.

Also can't have a whisky thread without this advert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSIp76CvUI

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

Right?

Naturally

I've said it before but if I find my way into Neville's home this scene will take place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ezLBGzYbk

That is a guarantee you can take to the bank.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Davoid wrote: »
    I drink crown royal (because I have no taste you see and don't know any really good whiskeys, please help me)

crown royal is pretty decent actually

stop supporting our commie friends to the north though and drink gentleman jack

but Pip I am a canadian

I will look for your gentleman jack though

I'm so sorry

gentleman jack is jack daniel's higher quality blend

you can also try their single barrel, but that can be iffy

that is ok, I do not mind, it is not so bad

I will definitely look for what you have recommended, I should really try to cultivate a palate for spirits

Thank you Pip

jameson is also a fantastic irish whiskey

:^: :^:

The day that I went to the Jameson Distillery in Dublin was a very fine day for me indeed

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    as much as I love whiskey, the smell of JW Red is enough to make me retch a little

I have had some bad nights with JW Red

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of 52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hey whiskey, alright!

i mostly drink scotch whiskey (usually single malt, most blendeds i find i don't care for, although i did enjoy famous grouse the few times i've had it) and will occasionally meander into some irish whiskey.

some favorites include:
    the balvanie
    the macallan
    isle of jura

and when you're looking to get irish whiskey drunk, you can never go wrong with jameson.

i don't mind bourbon, but would pick others over it.

e: kinbote, Red Label might as well be rotgut...stay far and away.

spazmojack on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does it have to be completely alone to be neat, or can you call it that if you add a little water to it?

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Back in March, I went round to a friend of a friend's house. They knew of my love of whisky and they broke out an expensive bottle for my, and anyone else who wanted some pleasure. Best damn scotch I've ever had the fortune to drink but unfortunately I forgot to take a note of what kind it was and I've not had a drop since. Bah.

Also can't have a whisky thread without this advert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSIp76CvUI

I was about to post this.

Good man

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Howdy there whiskey thread.

Howdy howdy howdy!

You sound delicious!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tonkka don't drink the thread.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am drinking scotch.

right now.

straight, of course. I'm not a homo.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have a confession to make

I love sipping some whiskey while playing some video games

Like some sort of classy geek

Last night I had a glass with kotor

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!