Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

13468961

Posts

  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think they would have to actively work at it to make a roster less balanced than 2. So the assumption that it will be more balanced than 2 is pretty safe.

    Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well...I would say that DoA's online is shitty because of lag and lag making counters completely useless.

    That being said...I did know you were supposed to give your opponent a chance in fighting games.

    Dragkonias on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hopefully the smaller cast means a better ability to balance.

    But I mean, it's not as if TvC doesn't have balance problems as well.......

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think the problem with TvC was that well I don't think the versus series was ever that big in Japan to begin with so it probably didn't have much playtesting.

    MvC3 has been in development for some time and seems to be going to a lot of testing, so I have a lot of faith.

    Dragkonias on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Only marvel.

    CvS2 was pretty big I think...

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://kotaku.com/5595524/street-fighter-x-tekken-unveiled-as-capcoms-next-fighting-game-crossover

    SF vs. Tekken.

    Meh, I would have much preferred Capcom vs. Namco but whatever.

    Dragkonias on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User
    edited July 2010
    ehhhh it being 3d sours it for me almost completely

    undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Come visit the SSF4 thread some time Drag. You'll find that you won't be so late on everything. :P

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Come visit the SSF4 thread some time Drag. You'll find that you won't be so late on everything. :P

    If you haven't figured it out by now, I kind of hate SF.

    I mean honestly.

    Dragkonias on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/5595524/street-fighter-x-tekken-unveiled-as-capcoms-next-fighting-game-crossover

    SF vs. Tekken.

    Meh, I would have much preferred Capcom vs. Namco but whatever.

    Well, adding in Soul Calibur characters would have made this even harder I think, and Capcom characters they would have added were unlikely to fit stylistically with any of the Tekken characters.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Stand, Killer QueenStand, Killer Queen Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well...I would say that DoA's online is shitty because of lag and lag making counters completely useless.

    That being said...I did know you were supposed to give your opponent a chance in fighting games.

    I didn't mean the mechanics of online as much as the mechanics of juggling in DOA. Couple presses of X and Y and you're in the air for a full 6 or 7 seconds if someone has committed the right combos to memory. I just don't like juggling, I guess. I'm sure it takes some kind of talent to do these things. I just don't dig on it. Games like Guilty Gear give you a chance to react defensively in air and you're only truly helpless if someone does just the right thing (in GG, Dust attack)

    I DO know I don't mind being juggled in Tekken as you seem to plummet pretty fast if the player makes a mistake. Might be my imagination though.

    Stand, Killer Queen on
    sig.gif
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User
    edited July 2010
    oh woops i misread that announcement and there's a 2d one too

    okay now i am hyped

    undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Come visit the SSF4 thread some time Drag. You'll find that you won't be so late on everything. :P

    If you haven't figured it out by now, I kind of hate SF.

    I mean honestly.

    It's not my favourite franchise, but I still enjoy it.

    Still though.

    Just saying. :P

    Anyway, with namco doing this tekken 6 style too I think I might skip MvC3. I don't need that many VS series in my life. :lol:

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SFxTekken/TekkenxSF seem like they will be not even inthe same ballpark as MvC3, gameplaywise

    Ah_Pook on
    Pancho needs your prayers it's true
    But save a few for Lefty too
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know.

    But you know what, there is kinda a fuckton of fighting games coming out. :lol:
    3S online fuck yeah.
    Possible new characters in SSF4
    Tekken x SF
    SF x Tekken
    Possible darkstalkers
    MvC3
    BBCS
    KoF13
    Tekken 7
    arcana heat 3

    I need to be a little bit more selective this time.

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I know.

    But you know what, there is kinda a fuckton of fighting games coming out. :lol:
    3S online fuck yeah.
    Possible new characters in SSF4
    Tekken x SF
    SF x Tekken
    Possible darkstalkers
    MvC3
    BBCS
    KoF13
    Tekken 7
    arcana heat 3

    I need to be a little bit more selective this time.

    I'm going to end up getting all those.

    Also Soul Calibur 5 if they ever get around to fucking announcing it. And I'm probably only going to keep playing half of them.

    Dragkonias on
  • Stand, Killer QueenStand, Killer Queen Registered User
    edited July 2010
    I've never played Darkstalkers.

    I feel like I'm doing wrong by that...

    Stand, Killer Queen on
    sig.gif
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    im going to get whatever characters come out for SSF4. maybe/probably MvC3. probably SFxTekken, whatever year that sees the light. and im definitely down for new darkstalkers, if that ends up ever happening. beyond that im good. i dont really have enough ttime or energy for more fighting games than that. honestly i dont need more than SSF4, but i know i'll end up getting suckered into MvC3 or something anyway.

    Ah_Pook on
    Pancho needs your prayers it's true
    But save a few for Lefty too
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Ugh. I shouldn't have GIS'd Okami. I was just looking for the fancy art, but it seems drawing Ammy as a person with dog ears is a thing now.

    You're surprised by this?

    And aside from the one furry on the second page, there are only like 4 pics of human ammy

    Here's the only good one:

    okami__amaterasu_by_risacha.jpg

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know it's unlikely given who we've already seen, but is anyone else hoping that Vanessa Schneider makes the cut for the Capcom side?

    Honestly half the fun of games like this or Smash Bros. getting announced is just dropping names of all the people I want to make an appearance.

    Taramoor on
  • LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I know it's unlikely given who we've already seen, but is anyone else hoping that Vanessa Schneider makes the cut for the Capcom side?

    ME! I thought I might have been the only person who suggested her for TvC.

    Litany on
    Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Am I the only one who's going to be pissed if they go with any Megaman but classic for MvC3?

    Yeah, Volnutt's neat but I'll take Rock over him any day

    Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Litany wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I know it's unlikely given who we've already seen, but is anyone else hoping that Vanessa Schneider makes the cut for the Capcom side?

    ME! I thought I might have been the only person who suggested her for TvC.

    I want Bayonetta and Captain Spencer.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't really like the way Volnutt plays in TvC, so I would much prefer MvC Megaman.

    Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    Litany wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I know it's unlikely given who we've already seen, but is anyone else hoping that Vanessa Schneider makes the cut for the Capcom side?

    ME! I thought I might have been the only person who suggested her for TvC.

    I want Bayonetta and Captain Spencer.

    Bayonetta is sega.

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Litany wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I know it's unlikely given who we've already seen, but is anyone else hoping that Vanessa Schneider makes the cut for the Capcom side?

    ME! I thought I might have been the only person who suggested her for TvC.

    I want Bayonetta and Captain Spencer.

    Bayonetta is sega.

    Doesn't change the desire to bring the entire series to a dramatic climax of hair and stripper dancing

    Psychotic One on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I know.

    But you know what, there is kinda a fuckton of fighting games coming out. :lol:
    3S online fuck yeah.
    Possible new characters in SSF4
    Tekken x SF
    SF x Tekken
    Possible darkstalkers
    MvC3
    BBCS
    KoF13
    Tekken 7
    arcana heat 3

    I need to be a little bit more selective this time.

    I'm going to end up getting all those.

    Also Soul Calibur 5 if they ever get around to fucking announcing it. And I'm probably only going to keep playing half of them.

    I don't know about SC5. I mean Ivy is already a brick house they couldn't possibly top that

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Litany wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I know it's unlikely given who we've already seen, but is anyone else hoping that Vanessa Schneider makes the cut for the Capcom side?

    ME! I thought I might have been the only person who suggested her for TvC.

    I want Bayonetta and Captain Spencer.

    Bayonetta is sega.

    Doesn't change the desire to bring the entire series to a dramatic climax of hair and stripper dancing

    Fuck. Studio...publisher. I might as well have been calling her Lady Dante.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm surprised more people aren't shitting a brick over the news that MvC3 is actually going to be balanced

    Furu on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's because I'll believe it when I see it. :wink:

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    That's because I'll believe it when I see it. :wink:

    This right here.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did they say it would be a well balanced game, or did they say it would be more balanced than MvC2? Because the difference between those two things is night and day.

    Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seth Killian basically said they wanted to make it more balanced than MvC2 but they didn't want to take out all the crazy shit that made MvC2 the game it was.

    So probably trying to strike a balance.

    Dragkonias on
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    See there we go, more balanced than MvC2 doesn't necessarily mean it will be the most balanced game. BB is more balanced than MvC2 and not considered all that well balanced. I'm sure they'll try their best, but time will only tell.

    Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    X-men vs Street Fighter was more balanced that MvC2, and it was still broke as fuck.

    Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Page- wrote: »
    X-men vs Street Fighter was more balanced that MvC2, and it was still broke as fuck.

    Didn't every single character in that game have an infinite?

    And MvC2 is more broken than that, somehow

    Probably because if everybody is broken, then nobody really is

    /Incredibles

    Oh, and the Assist system they had in MvC2, that was probably the primary catalyst of most of the high-level shenanigans MvC2 is infamous for

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    notsoy wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    X-men vs Street Fighter was more balanced that MvC2, and it was still broke as fuck.

    Didn't every single character in that game have an infinite?

    And MvC2 is more broken than that, somehow

    Probably because if everybody is broken, then nobody really is

    /Incredibles

    Oh, and the Assist system they had in MvC2, that was probably the primary catalyst of most of the high-level shenanigans MvC2 is infamous for
    The problem with X-Men vs. Street Fighter was that, against a good player, getting hit in the right way once meant you lost the match. Infinites flat-out killed characters and they didn't even need to reset you like they have to do in MvC2. The other thing with that game is it only had 17 characters. With MvC2's 56, it's just more noticeable that a large portion of the roster doesn't have the tools to compete, while with 17, the bottom rung is just much smaller, even though in the end it's probably more broken a game engine overall.

    SabreMau on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    notsoy wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    X-men vs Street Fighter was more balanced that MvC2, and it was still broke as fuck.

    Didn't every single character in that game have an infinite?

    And MvC2 is more broken than that, somehow

    Probably because if everybody is broken, then nobody really is

    /Incredibles

    Oh, and the Assist system they had in MvC2, that was probably the primary catalyst of most of the high-level shenanigans MvC2 is infamous for
    The problem with X-Men vs. Street Fighter was that, against a good player, getting hit in the right way once meant you lost the match. Infinites flat-out killed characters and they didn't even need to reset you like they have to do in MvC2. The other thing with that game is it only had 17 characters. With MvC2's 56, it's just more noticeable that a large portion of the roster doesn't have the tools to compete, while with 17, the bottom rung is just much smaller, even though in the end it's probably more broken a game engine overall.

    I still think MvC2 is the only game in history to manage the "So broken it's balanced" title.

    I mean, there IS a perfect team for each playstyle, Perfect Keepaway, Perfect Chip-to-death, Perfect Runaway, Perfect RTSD, etc. but you still see pretty decent variety in how those teams are played at a high level. Not to mention that until you reach real tourney level play about 3/4s the cast can really compete.

    And not every team is Storm/Sent/Magneto or MSP, there are a lot of Strider/Doom and Cable/CapCom and stalwart Blackheart, Tron, and Iron Man players out there.

    Taramoor on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Out of a possible 56 characters? I wouldn't really called it balanced.

    And I thought that title belonged to guilty gear accent core +.

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dead or Alive 2 also achieved it's measure of balance through giving every character as much broken shit as possible.

    Such a fun game.

    But anyway, xvsf without infinites is reasonable, with infinites anyone can win. Interestingly enough, Magneto and Storm were broken in that game in just about the same way they're broken in mvc2.

    Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
Sign In or Register to comment.