As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[futurama] "almost ten deliveries per year!"

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You know what's sad? I've watched Futurama enough that just the title and preview of those clips makes me laugh in remembering them.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When does this restart? I seem to remember it being quite good.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    We get half a season next year and then the other half in 2013.

Sheep on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There will be new episodes this Thursday, huzzah!

I really can't wait. The Late Phillip J. Fry really was fantastic and I don't think the new episodes will disappoint.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait.

New EPs this Thursday? Is this like... the second half of Season Six or something?

Oh man.

Sheep on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yep! There will be two new episodes this Thursday, then one new episode a week for every Thursday after. So yea. Lots of awesome.

And then we still have the two halves of season 7 to look forward to, in 2012 and 2013. So lots of Futurama to come!

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait... when did the second half of season five and first half of season 6 hit? If this is supposed to be the second half of season 6?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Despite what the episode order looks like, the official numeration of the the series places all the episodes from last year as "Season 5," meaning the next three years' episodes will all be individual seasons. The movies, despite their taking up a season's worth of air time, apparently don't get a season number, but are still considered canon.

Sum up: the upcoming episodes are the start of Season 6.

Atomika on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Good. I don't hold with a given series being split over an extended period. It makes no damn sense.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    and just in time after season 1 of GoT

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dear lord, at least according to Amazon UK there has as yet been no release of Series 5 on DVD or Blu-Ray.

I do understand that US>UK localisation is perhaps a more involved process than it may seem to my untutored eye, but it is almost July and the US release was December last year!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Apparently Patton Oswalt is going to be in one of Thursday's episodes.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Apparently Patton Oswalt is going to be in one of Thursday's episodes.

May he be put to better use than David cross

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Dear lord, at least according to Amazon UK there has as yet been no release of Series 5 on DVD or Blu-Ray.

I do understand that US>UK localisation is perhaps a more involved process than it may seem to my untutored eye, but it is almost July and the US release was December last year!

Oh Lord. I can only imagine Bender with a British accent.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'd expect something like this

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    New interview with David X. Cohen, which clears up the question of how many new episodes we're getting:
    It’s a promising batch of new episodes for a show that, despite ricocheting between networks like a charged particle since its 1999 debut, has remained an inextricable part of the sci-fi universe. After the show was dumped by Fox and syndicated by culture vulture Adult Swim, Comedy Central finally saw the light and gave Futurama 26 new episodes in 2009, and another 26 last year, to be aired in 2012 and 2013.

For those keeping score, that’s nearly 70 new episodes — including 16 splintered off from four straight-to-DVD movies — of an award-winning cartoon once left for dead.

So, 52 new, non-movie episodes. So far, we've seen 13 of them... leaving 39 new ones we haven't seen yet.

And good news, everyone: another Tales of Interest! Kinda!
    Another Cohen favorite is “Reincarnation,” also previewed below, in which the show is filtered through three different animation styles. The first is a black-and-white look reminiscent of Fleischer Studios, the second apes lo-res 1980s videogame style and the third evokes the tropes and traps of Japanese anime, including Bender’s proud proclamation, “Mighty Merchandise Robot!”

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=389350&title=sneak-peek---action-delivery-force

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »

Director: "yeah about that, we changed some things in the script."
    Bender: "So now my character has a BRITISH ACCENT?"
    Director: "no, now your character is in a coma, lie down and don't move."

Julius on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Joolander on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    YOUR MANWICH!

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh goodness, nude femHermes

also the Boron Kid is awesome

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, the first episode was kind of shit. Most of the references from the first act were out of date before I was born.

Bagginses on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I liked how Zapp showed up out of nowhere to kill that alien.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Alright, I wasn't seeing this twist.

Also, what about all the other robots? Don't they all run on alcohol, too?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Who didn't think "oh god it doesn't converge does it?" when they saw that formula. Its pretty obvious to anyone who has taken calculus. Well, entry level college calculus...

Ok, a lot of people didn't.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Jephery wrote: »
    Who didn't think "oh god it doesn't converge does it?" when they saw that formula. Its pretty obvious to anyone who has taken calculus. Well, entry level college calculus...

I just took AB in high school, and I don't get how this isn't asymptotic.

Bagginses on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I love it when shows have episodes where the cast is wasted.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I do like that the only people that even noticed were an accountant and a PhD in physics

also
    Fry's "What? Don't wait on me!"

had me rolling

Joolander on
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bagginses wrote: »

Well its kind of obvious by the context. As long as you knew what a non-converging series was, you knew where it was going.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Well its kind of obvious by the context. As long as you knew what a non-converging series was, you knew where it was going.

I don't.

Bagginses on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "At last, I'm beautiful..."

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fry line had me rolling.

"Don't wait for me."

That's so me.

Atomika on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

All broken down to make more benders?

see317 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    see317 wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

All broken down to make more benders?

Just like all the duplicate Benders between the size of the survivor and subatomic.

Bagginses on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It just looked like M / (n+1) when I saw it. Why multiply by 2^n and divide by 2^n.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The gender episode was kind of shit. They could have done something interesting with it, but instead, they ended up using material that would have been more at home in a shitty standup comedy act from 1991. There were a few decent moments, but not enough to save it.

The shitload-of-Benders episode was pretty good. As a wise person once said, every show should do an episode where the entire cast is drunk. There were a few problems with it, but overall, it was good.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, the first episode was kind of shit. Most of the references from the first act were out of date before I was born.

I was disappointed that they never called much attention to the absurdity of applying airplane physics to a spaceship. Why did it have propellers? Why did running out of fuel cause them to crash? It makes no sense.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zython wrote: »

I was disappointed that they never called much attention to the absurdity of applying airplane physics to a spaceship. Why did it have propellers? Why did running out of fuel cause them to crash? It makes no sense.

They lifted off the get out of the hangar and land on the runway before starting up the props. I don't know if the joke could have sustained much more pointing out than the few sight gags.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Each generation is 1.2x the mass of the previous, since the population doubles in number and each individual is 60% the size of the parent. So if each generation increases in mass, it can't converge to a fixed amount.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    hawkboxhawkbox Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Huh?

hawkbox on