As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[futurama] "almost ten deliveries per year!"

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    the poop falling in someons mouth joke was great

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Captain Vash: The plural of delivery is deliveries.

Also, quite liked the episode, especially the whole part with Bender carrying the souffle and the rickety bridge.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah that shot of Bender and the souffle on the careening ship was just so cool.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really hope that the dvd release for this season really is for the whole season and not like Family Guy and American Dad where they release 13 episodes and call it a volume.

Hocky27 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hocky27 wrote: »
    I really hope that the dvd release for this season really is for the whole season and not like Family Guy and American Dad where they release 13 episodes and call it a volume.

This season was 13 episodes.

But yes Fox DVDs are shit and I hate how they do that.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

This season was 13 episodes.

But yes Fox DVDs are shit and I hate how they do that.

I know wikipedia isn't the most reliable source but isn't it meant to be 26 episodes this season ?

Other then them enjoying our wallets being emptied is there any other reason to why Fox releases their DVDs like that ?

Hocky27 on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    X-mas is invading Thanksgiving too? Stupid X-mas. But yay Futurama!

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Hate to break it to you:

Futurama - Vol. 5 (13 episodes)

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    D: Talk about a disappointment. Is it really too much to want my favourite TV series to be sold by the season ? People wouldn't put up with this crap if it was something like Mad Men or Lost.

Hocky27 on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    D: Talk about a disappointment. Is it really too much to want my favourite TV series to be sold by the season ? People wouldn't put up with this crap if it was something like Mad Men or Lost.

I loved that Futurama was sold by production volume, not season. Sadly, this is the way of modern DVD releases.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Hate to break it to you:

Futurama - Vol. 5 (13 episodes)

But this was the whole season, not like Family Guy which has a whole season of 22 episodes they just split in the middle for no fucking reason after the writer's strike messed up one season.

Magell on
  • Options
    ThesmileyemoThesmileyemo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cost is $39.98 SRP (CA$54.98 SRP in Canada) for the DVD set, and $49.99 SRP (CA$69.99 SRP in Canada) for the Blu-ray Disc version.

Seems a bit pricey for 13 episodes.

Thesmileyemo on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cost is $39.98 SRP (CA$54.98 SRP in Canada) for the DVD set, and $49.99 SRP (CA$69.99 SRP in Canada) for the Blu-ray Disc version.

That's a ridiculous price. I picked up a 24 episode season of Community for $20.

Magell on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Wow, what the fuck?
    They get that the US and Canadian dollars are almost at par with each other, and have been steadily for the past 6+ years, right?

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So when are we getting new episodes, huh??

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Fred Savage Power GloveFred Savage Power Glove Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Wow, what the fuck?
    They get that the US and Canadian dollars are almost at par with each other, and have been steadily for the past 6+ years, right?

Listen, no one cares America's hat.

Fred Savage Power Glove on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Listen, no one cares America's hat.

More like America's Brain Slug

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's what you get for using the metric system, Canada.

Stupid metric dollars.

...or euros, or whatever the fuck they're called.

Fucking metric system.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Mad Men only has 13 episode seasons, so they are essentially doing the same thing.

As far as selling practices go, ABC pulled all the episodes of Lost off Netflix once the final season was over.

Atomika on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Season 5 DVD set is coming out at a lower price than what the other sets came out at back in the day, at the very least.

And it shouldn't take too long for it to go on sale somewhere.

Slicer on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Mad Men only has 13 episode seasons, so they are essentially doing the same thing.

Mad Men's episodes are 47 minutes, though. So it's not really the same thing at all.

Eh, any time there is a multi-month hiatus between episodes it might as well be a season break. And the companies do it because a lot of people would rather have half a season right now than a whole season a year later.

Atomika on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

As far as selling practices go, ABC pulled all the episodes of Lost off Netflix once the final season was over.

Mad men's episodes are twice as long as futurama's though. You're getting twice as much for (roughly) the same price.

Not to mention Mad men's eps are consistently quality while futurama's new season was rather rocky.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Wow, what the fuck?

that extra money pays the team of translators for your special dual language packaging
    actually it's straight profit, we call it the "snowdrift tax"
    <3

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Mad men's episodes are twice as long as futurama's though. You're getting twice as much for (roughly) the same price.

Not to mention Mad men's eps are consistently quality while futurama's new season was rather rocky.

You cannot expect network execs to do things that make sense.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, it's a bit more expensive than I'd expect and it would have been nice to get the whole production season. But still worth every penny and I'm buying it so hard.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't forget that MSRP is rarely street price.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Still, even for an MSRP that's fairly hefty for 13 episodes.

And new episodes start Nov. 21, since people apparently didn't get the hint from the new footage of Robot Santa.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

And new episodes start Nov. 21, since people apparently didn't get the hint from the new footage of Robot Santa.

I was under the impression that Nov. 21st was just a Christmas special, not a new season. That's what they had said a long time ago. The new season wasn't supposed to start until next year.

Cameron_Talley on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Sunday, not Thursday like over the summer?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Sunday, not Thursday like over the summer?

My last post got BoP'ed: It's just a Christmas Special. New episodes won't start until next year.

Cameron_Talley on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Xmas special. Xmas.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    clearly they're just using an archaic spelling of the holiday.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PopeTiberiiPopeTiberii Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    clearly they're just using an archaic spelling of the holiday.

Like when they say "ask" instead of "axe."

PopeTiberii on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I was under the impression that Nov. 21st was just a Christmas special, not a new season. That's what they had said a long time ago. The new season wasn't supposed to start until next year.

Yeah it's just an extra episode. In fact it's going to be on the dvd set, which is one of the reasons why it's not out yet.

Slicer on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "It's just a Christmas special."

Pfft.
    Coolio is reprising his guest-starring role of Kwanzaa-bot in the Kwanzaa segment.
    Does that sound like "just a Christmas special"? Because I don't think it does.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "It's just a Christmas special."

Pfft.
    Coolio is reprising his guest-starring role of Kwanzaa-bot in the Kwanzaa segment.
    Does that sound like "just a Christmas special"? Because I don't think it does.

A year without Kwanzaa? It will be like every year before 1966!
    Yes, that commercial has been playing non-stop.

Invisible on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Same damn book every year. . .

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just bring back the Hanukkah Zombie and everything will be cool.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just bring back the Hanukkah Zombie and everything will be cool.

I was under the impression that the special would be about the Planet Express crew trying to save Xmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.

Hexmage-PA on