As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Vanguard Recruiters land on Planet PS3 early 2011

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kasumi and Kaidan perfect squad

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    mine....

Grunt, Zaeed, Kaiden, Tali, Legion, and Mordin. + kick ass Asari spectre and Armistan Banes (back from the dead baby and voiced by Clancy Brown)

All I need :)

If it was remotely possible to have the ghost of Saren...I would have the ghost of Saren ...

Egos on
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    Kasumi and Kaidan perfect squad

Tal going with an all human squad? Typical.

You humans are all racist.

Ethereal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's not my fault you can beat the entire final mission with only humans.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    gjaustin wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    I'm positive this has been discussed, but I don't remember, or didn't see the conclusion:

Can you complete ME2 with just Zaeed alive?

Yep, if you get very VERY lucky

or unlucky depending how you look at it.

But why would you want to? I just about killed Zaeed on purpose on my playthrough. Someone had to be a distraction after all.

Zaeed was awesome, I don't know what's wrong with you.

Have you ever considered that maybe you hate fun?

I suspect you might be slightly biased.

Or was part of the Bioware interview process leaving people to die in burning refineries? D:

Zaeed was a psychopath, no question.

I still found him to be an interesting character, though!

If you don't agree, perhaps you should meet me in a local refinery so I can convince you.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm gonna go with Nuzak's chart, except I would upgrade Jack and Jacob one notch and downgrade krogans and Zaeed one notch.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zaeed isn't all bad (morally) , if you bring him along enough times you see that.

Granted I'm a bit more forgiving than others as long as someone is a bit courteous/likable in my eyes.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    Zaeed isn't all bad (morally) , if you bring him along enough times you see that.

I liked his lines in Jack Loyalty.

There are a few great ambient lines where he gets some pretty good characterization.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mine....

Grunt, Zaeed, Kaiden, Tali, Legion, and Mordin. + kick ass Asari spectre and Armistan Banes (back from the dead baby and voiced by Clancy Brown)

If it was remotely possible to have the ghost of Saren...I would have the ghost of Saren ...

It is unfathomable to me how people can trust Saren and the Shadow Broker, but not TIM.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

He's not a mustache twirling Sith lord or anything, but anyone willing to let innocents burn to death for his revenge is pretty bad.

Ethereal on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zaeed was awesome, I don't know what's wrong with you.

Have you ever considered that maybe you hate fun?

Zaeed was a less interesting Canderous Ordo and a pretty repulsive fellow in general.

And his stories were pretty dull to boot. "Oh hey I shot some guys." "I shot some Krogan." "I shot some more guys with an old-ass rifle that I have an unhealthy relationship with due to loneliness from being such an unrelenting asshole."

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mine....

It is unfathomable to me how people can trust Saren and the Shadow Broker, but not TIM.

I don't get the Shadow Broker trust after the comic :I ....

I actually wouldn't mind hardened Liara coming back, but people really hate hardened Liara. So I expect delicate miss faint alot to come back; who I hated. Psycho Liara I liked . (bit of a side note)

And the main reason to trust Saren ,well if he somehow managed to get resurrected, would be that he basically got mind raped by the reapers. I don't think he would let that go. :mrgreen: Like I said zero chance. He did go the way of the dinosaurs and apparently all evidence of Sovereign.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    it's not like it was a premeditated choice or something he actively fought against Shepard for, it was an in-the-moment thing and as soon as Shepard ordered otherwise, he followed

when Shepard gave him the paragon talk later on, he really seemed to take it to heart

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PopesnaxPopesnax Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ethereal wrote: »

He's not a mustache twirling Sith lord or anything, but anyone willing to let innocents burn to death for his revenge is pretty bad.

The guy shot him in the face and destroyed everything he ever built.

I'd be pretty upset too! In fact, I would probably also let the slaves die to kill the man who destroyed my life.

Popesnax on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zaeed is not psycho, he is an old, jaded, professional mercenary. He is fucking awesome.

Grunt I find interesting in that I like him and hate him at the same time. I hate him cause he's a barely controlled angst young krogan. A professional like myself would never use him on a mission because his temper can get out of control. You need discipline in a firefight.

On the otherhand, he's intellegent enough to realize that he is a young krogan and sometimes loses control. That shows he's maturing. So I would use him in a few years when he grows up and becomes more like Wrex.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I haven't read the books, but don't they say Saren was a huge dick before the reapers? Plus, hates humanity.

And he dislikes Anderson, and if you dislike Anderson you can get the hell off my ship.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Acronyms don't work very well for this reason.

Plus, there's the whole issue of language. Everyone speaks English in the ME universe, otherwise, I'm sure the Turians or Asari or Salarians would have a far better name for the SPECTERs.

Dragkonias, sounds like your Shepard run went well. Was his name 'Marco'? Or was that someone's else.

Naw. I went with regular old John Shepard. And kept his face covered with the Recon Mask on mission. I wanted to make him as goonish as possible.

Marco is my one night stands only, worse scarring possible I mean damn but those baby blues, renegade adept.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I will go so far as to say that I prefer Ashley to Zaeed. By a significant margin.

And I don't care much for Ashley at all.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Popesnax wrote: »

I'd be pretty upset too! In fact, I would probably also let the slaves die to kill the man who destroyed my life.

I agree, its hard to discern his "Complete Monster" status considering the nature of the guy he is after. Obviously he is mentally unhinged, but he is going after the guy who one could argue destroyed his life. Granted we didn't see enough to infer if that was really the case or if Zaeed just shrugged it off.

I'm inclined to think it fucked him over pretty bad. And its not like he set the people on fire....like a certain turian in a certain prequel or so I hear.

Samara hints at Nihlus being a somewhat evil bastard also O_O

Egos on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'm not sure if you have or not, and I'm not saying you're wrong

But I think you should really try to put yourself in his brain shoes. Imagine your best friend. All the good times you had, playing games, hanging out, inside jokes, girl stories. Then your friend shoots you in the face and ruins all your years of hard work. You'd feel completely betrayed, super pissed, vengeful. And you search for years, tracking, and finally, after all your hard work, you find him.

But there's some random people you don't know on this remote planet that might burn up if you don't save them instead.

I'm just saying, if I was exactly in his position, but it was real life where you can't pause the surrounding action while you think for a few minutes about which path you should run down, deliberating the right thing to do...

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited August 2010

And he dislikes Anderson, and if you dislike Anderson you can get the hell off my ship.

The only thing I disliked about Anderson was how much the game was forcing the fact he was the Good Guy down your fucking throat. It was too bloody obvious and I hate that crap :)

Other than that Keith David is awesome and I wish they made Anderson look like him instead of the model they came up with.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Just because you'd be upset about it doesn't make it morally right to let innocents suffer and die horribly for it. I mean yeah, if there were no collateral damage I'd totally have Zaeed's back since Vido seems like a galaxy-class jerk, but the screams of the refinery workers if you leave them to die, dear god the screams.

Ethereal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Just because you'd be upset about it doesn't make it morally right to let innocents suffer and die horribly for it.

It hardly makes you a villain though either. It just makes you the guy who doesn't do the right thing.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Just because you'd be upset about it doesn't make it morally right to let innocents suffer and die horribly for it. I mean yeah, if there were no collateral damage I'd totally have Zaeed's back since Vido seems like a galaxy-class jerk, but the screams of the refinery workers if you leave them to die, dear god the screams.

It isn't morally justifiable, no (although there is the Utilitarian argument that killing Vido helps more people in the long run), I'm just saying that Zaeed's determination to get to Vido is understandable.

Popesnax on
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

The only thing I disliked about Anderson was how much the game was forcing the fact he was the Good Guy down your fucking throat. It was too bloody obvious and I hate that crap :)

Other than that Keith David is awesome and I wish they made Anderson look like him instead of the model they came up with.

i just mentally impose Keith David over Anderson's face anyway. if they ever get around to making a Mass Effect movie they better cast some of the VA's as their characters, specifically Joker and Anderson.

GaryO on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

It isn't morally justifiable, no (although there is the Utilitarian argument that killing Vido helps more people in the long run), I'm just saying that Zaeed's determination to get to Vido is understandable.

I'm perfectly willing to concede that.

Ethereal on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    deowolf wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Acronyms don't work very well for this reason.

Plus, there's the whole issue of language. Everyone speaks English in the ME universe, otherwise, I'm sure the Turians or Asari or Salarians would have a far better name for the SPECTERs.

Dragkonias, sounds like your Shepard run went well. Was his name 'Marco'? Or was that someone's else.

Naw. I went with regular old John Shepard. And kept his face covered with the Recon Mask on mission. I wanted to make him as goonish as possible.

Marco is my one night stands only, worse scarring possible I mean damn but those baby blues, renegade adept.

Ah, right, you gotta' define your limits. Dragkonias' Shepard was just here to kill everyone around him. Marco is all about hiding his own self-loathing and crying in his closet that he will never feel the love of another sentient being.
    Orca wrote: »
    What's with the Ashley hate?

really?

Remember, this is coming from the man that fellates Martin Sheen.

Yeah, he's one of those. A Cerberus lover.

Hey now. Let's clear this up:

Martin Sheen = Way cool guy.

TIM = Horrible, horrible human being.

Martin Sheen even said that TIM was clearly untrustworthy. President Bartlet knows what the fuck is up. And yeah, I'd put personally Kaiden and Ashley at my bottom tier too. Maybe Kaiden and Liara in the second-to-bottom tier. Maybe.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    I will go so far as to say that I prefer Ashley to Zaeed. By a significant margin.

woah now hey lets not wow

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think the main reason a lot of people have a very negative impression of Zaeed is that his loyalty mission becomes available immediately upon recruitment, which is usually at the very start of the game.

As a result, you probably play his mission relatively early in the game, and in that mission he acts unhinged and psychopathic. Since you haven't really had time to do anything with him at that point (unlike the other characters, who you probably took on some other missions and talked to several times before their loyalty missions unlock) this is the formative impression you get of him.

Regardless I think Zaeed is awesome and everyone who doesn't think so is wrong

edit: Here I use "you" in the general sense. I'm not actually trying to call out anyone in particular, its just the most serviceable pronoun.

Popesnax on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    . I hate him cause he's a barely controlled angst young krogan.

My god if you hated Grunt for his very politely worded feelings of anger... You are getting a flogging if you liked Jack.

Egos on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just because you'd be upset about it doesn't make it morally right to let innocents suffer and die horribly for it.

Twenty years of merc'ing and a burning desire for vengeance will inure someone to bystander casualties. It's not like he guns them down himself. It's not the virtuous thing to do, but that's what I like about him. One of the few characters who isn't relentlessly lightside.
    Samara hints at Nihlus being a somewhat evil bastard also O_O

It makes Nihlus seem more clever than someone who would turn their back on an obvious traitor. D:

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I'm completely and totally serious.

And I've actually taken Zaeed on several missions and not just his loyalty one. The guy grinds my nerves to bits, and I'm very much considering letting his ass die next time I do his loyalty mission.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

And I've actually taken Zaeed on several missions and not just his loyalty one. The guy grinds my nerves to bits, and I'm very much considering letting his ass die next time I do his loyalty mission.

you are mentally ill. i am prescribing you 300 mg of jason statham, stat

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

You only get the option to leave him there if you do it after the suicide mission, don't you?

Because then it would probably be easier just to send him to do something that gets him killed during the mission.

Popesnax on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can you get Zaeed loyal picking the paragon choices?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yup.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

You only get the option to leave him there if you do it after the suicide mission, don't you?

Because then it would probably be easier just to send him to do something that gets him killed during the mission.

Yeah, it's only available after the main mission.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Yeah, it's only available after the main mission.

dammit, I forgot to do that on my last playthrough. ARGH. Oh well. Guess I'll have to do that once I get the firepower pack and run through the game for a 6th time or whatever I'm up to now.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zaeed doesn't even leave those people to burn, you do.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zaeed doesn't even leave those people to burn, you do.

Oh? He's not the one saying "Do it or I'll shoot you in the back with Jessie when the Collectors come calling"?

Orca on