As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP]In the Wake of the Plague [OOC Thread]

• Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I like the on-deck mechanic. And my idea would be a cosmetic growth; but feel free to tie in the growing suspicions of the towns people and so forth.

Squints on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cool beans. I'll allow it.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OloronOloron Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Squint's post on Vimak reminded me - assuming you're ok with it, my plan for Aria is that she has liked her new found abilities, but hasn't told anyone about them. I assume they will become public at some point, but at the beginning it may not be obvious why some of the enemies are clutching their heads or seeing weird visions. I assume party members will know (or at least get suspicious) quickly, but for now it's something she'd keep hidden from the village, etc.

I also like the next/on-deck thing.

Oloron on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sounds good to me.

At least for now, you guys are the only ones around, so no one but the other party members and the bad guys would notice anything.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, good. Snowdown plays a character named Aria with a bow of Sehahine in my cmapagin, and in this campaign Snow plays someone else that follows Sehahine, while there is another character in the party named Aria.

My sweet, beautiful brain.

Squints on
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This character will follow whatever god is appropriate at the moment.

As a matter of fact, I think she's going to carry holy symbols to every god in a beltpouch
    (all stolen from various peoples of course....she wouldn't spend MONEY on holy symbols. that would be a waste.)

We might get a "mummy" moment

Snowdown on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Will Wil's first damage taken be at the hands of an insulted female party member?

Let's find out!

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wil most likely wouldn't be able to SEE Lilika. She's hidden, as in stealthed. I was just waiting for the order to make the roll.
    lemme do that now

Fixed: Doubtful wil has a 21 passive perception, sorry I should've stated it in my post. Cleared with Chanus that she could begin stealthed before I made the character, due to the nonhuman stuff. Since it won't effect the monsters, we can just assume you knew she was there..that works. won't have to change your post

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's entirely possible Wil is just hallucinating, anyway.

He's not one to turn away booze or anything else.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So Wil put his moves on a bench.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Squints wrote: »
    Doubt it would be the first or last time....

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oloron wrote: »
    Doubt it would be the first or last time....
    I'm sure it's a particularly shapely bench.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    They're supposed to be long tables :P

Poast coming shortly!

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    tables then, i'll fix my post ;)

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Here's hoping the minions beat a 12, otherwise my first turn is going to be kind of disappointing.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay... that took a little longer to put together than I expected (a little tougher at work :P )

Should be a little smoother here on out, though... now that I can copy/paste a lot of it!

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I want to punch Database Error in the face. >.<

Note to self: Type long post out in text editor before posting to thread.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ANY time I'm posting here, and click submit and the message doesn't go right away I immediately click the text window, ctrl-a, ctrl-c to select all then copy.

Cause yah.....database error when you've just typed a long post deserves a donkey punch

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeowch

Haven't even gone yet and I'm down a healing surge.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, start hittin' stuff! :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Let me go and I will!

OptimusZed on

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That 2nd arrow should have missed if it was against AC, mine's 20 and you rolled a 19. Awwww yea plate+heavy shield.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And I should be at Q8, though I can't say anything about getting hit unfortunately.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    no u

I was looking at Reflex. My B.

The grace of something or other restores 9 hitpoints to you :P

Ack... I forgot to move Wil.

Updating map!

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Map and HPs and junk updated.

Proceed!

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The tables do provide cover from the archers.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am correct in thinking that THPs don't stack, right? I mean, if I don't get hit before my next turn, my recuperating strike won't put be at 6 THP. It will still be 3 THP?

Also, I had more fluffy text for my move, but I was at a party and got drunk...er... than I thought but I was really jazzed about doing my next turn, so that Vimak could start writing "notches" on his shoulder for each enemy slain ;)

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The standard rule is that they don't stack, but that the highest will always overwrite. e.g. if you have 3 THP for whatever reason and something grants you 5 THP, you would now have 5 THP. if you have 3 and somthing grants you 2, you would still be at 3.

Chanus can do whatever he wants, however. :)

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm going with the standard rule, so it would still be a total of 3 THP :)

Also, I noticed the mark. I thought that was cool

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If I can ever hit, I'll be handing out 4 temp HP a turn.

But if Vimak can do that for himself, I'm going to concentrate on keeping the Paladin up, or the squishies if they get mobbed.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I'm 30+ HP at level 1 with a temp HP power, so I should be rather sturdy despite my low defenses other than fort.

And if I get bloodied, I'll just go into rage and make things really interesting - in rage I also get 8 THP (5 + con) per rejuvenating strike.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Eep... 14 AC on Vimak is a hit. It's only for 4 though... editting.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, Barbs always have crappy defenses.

That's basically the one reason we don't run full parties of them.

Rampaging the countryside, eating the hearts of our fallen enemies while fulfilling the needs of their former women.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    I also realize that a changeling would be an awesome race for this setting. Especially one that didn't "know" he was one, he instinctually changes to the majority race he is surrounded by.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hope you don't mind me pulling your mark, Celgar. Just saw an opportunity to strand that dude with no real good options.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    It's cool, and since I seem to be doing a good meat shield job and got the servant on my ass having someone else around to hurt it while I stand there and get stabbed sounds good to me.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am correct in thinking that THPs don't stack, right? I mean, if I don't get hit before my next turn, my recuperating strike won't put be at 6 THP. It will still be 3 THP?

Also, I had more fluffy text for my move, but I was at a party and got drunk...er... than I thought but I was really jazzed about doing my next turn, so that Vimak could start writing "notches" on his shoulder for each enemy slain ;)

Part of the thing that used to make battlerager fighters so broken is that their THP specifically DID stack.

It no longer does.

Dwarven Battlerager fighter was the ULTIMATE character.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, that just blew my action point and both power points. Though I'm probably more amused than I should be at building up Celgar into the ultimate killing machine.

That's now 2 that have just given up and died at the mere thought of continuing to face him...

Also, my first post forgot to mention the archer now has a -3 to attack rolls on him.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You've killed more people as me than I have. I'm ok with this trend.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just keep them off squishy little me and I'm happy to be your lucky charm.

Oloron on