As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP]In the Wake of the Plague [OOC Thread]

• Options
    OloronOloron Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just keep me alive and I'm happy to scare 'em afterward. :)

Oloron on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wil can be scary, but he's not squishy.

Guess that disqualifies him.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can handle the heal and insight check, but do want to spare him?

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If we'd been sure he was going to run off scared and hide or something, I'd have said spare him. As it is, I'd say kill or tie up.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I say kill him. He's outlived his usefulness.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Celgar is leading towards to pro-killing him if you hadn't noticed.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well then, I think Aria and vimak are the only ones who want to let him live.

Lilika doesn't care either way, she just thinks if she had been turned into a monster and shunned and persecuted by society due to her looks, she probably would've turned to killing people too ;)
    Not that she's going to say that of course.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Heh - Aria mainly doesn't want to get her hands dirty. She wouldn't shed any tears if someone kills him when she's looking the other way.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Given our abyssal Acrobatics of 0, -1, -1, and -4*not count Lilika's evil 12* I think it would be safer to disarm.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wil can help with his -1 Thievery.

And by "help" I really mean "push the midget into the trap and walk over".

OptimusZed on

• Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We can throw the rat dude towards the mounds to see if he sets anything off! XD

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's like help...

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We're good. I disarmed 3 out of the 4, we can squeeze around the 1 I missed without setting it off.

Only needed an 8 to disarm them.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sunrods go for 20 squares/100 feet, so how far back should I be then? Or should I just turn it off?

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Halflings don't get low light vision, so we can't afford to just turn it off.

As an aside, Chanus. Supposedly people without low-light can still SEE in dim light, everyone else just gets concealment (-2 to attack/perception checks, and they can stealth)

That's normal dim light...might be different in this cave.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, you can still see without low-light vision... just not clearly.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Yeah, you can still see without low-light vision... just not clearly.

That was as much for me as for you, I'm still making the switch from 3.5 to 4e and there's a bunch to learn ;)

Snowdown on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm... I guess combat might be a bit tricky (or at least really slow) this week until Oloron has a chance to post.

Edit: Which is totally cool with me, btw... I'm not being all jerky about it... maybe envious of vacation, but... :)

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Squints and I were just musing yesterday about how this seems to be the best PbP we're in as far as schedules synching between all parties involved.

I think I took 3-4 turns yesterday alone, that's absolutely awesome.

With that said, I will be completely out of town for the weekend yet again.

Last weekend I had a tree fall through the deck of a property I'm trying to sell in Virginia.

So this weekend I get to drive 3 hours, and spend an entire 95 degree day chainsawing tree and fixing deck, possibly 2 days if it's really bad.

All I've got to say is my wife better be "appreciative" :winky:

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That sucks about the tree.

I'm in VA as well... the rain lately has been ridiculous. We've had power outages all around us but we've been lucky (there, I jinxed it).

But yeah, in all honesty I could use a bit of slowdown this week to get some notes together and maybe get a little further ahead of you guys. I didn't expect it to move so quickly :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The 2nd encounter took something like only 25 hours first post to last. I guess it's a good thing we are all super nerds with nothing better to do.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Want to buy, or rent a house in Chester, Va? =)

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you want to wait two years, maybe. Chester's not too far from me :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    How about rent to own?

I was, up until November last year, working for Dominion VA Power as a sysadmin
    Until they decided to can the two highest paid people on the team because of the "economy"

Despite the fact that in lieu of the economy, they were still pulling in enough dough to give people like 150% bonuses.....yay

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm in my current place for another two years. Basically renting it from a friend while he's out of the country since he couldn't sell it.

Sucks about Dominion... I don't think I've ever heard anything good about them :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dominion is ACTUALLY a really good company to work for.

One of the few companies where it still pays to work there long long term.

If I had been there 25 years (I was only there 4....) I would've ended up with over 2 months of vacation per year, plus a super ridiculously good pension package.

However, apparently the economy made them reap the fields, so to speak. The specific team that I was on was a really bad one too....

Honestly, I can't even complain about the whole termination. They gave me 6 months of paid severance, they refreshed my three weeks of vacation and paid the entire thing, they paid me a full bonus for the year, and they sent me to a high-dollar placement agency.

Seems like lots of people are having selling issues...ouch.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hi all - thanks about being understanding. I'm back visiting my Dad and, well, they just don't do telecommunications here. (no cell phone, sad, slow internet access that drops out a lot)

I should be able to post a bit in the evenings assuming this *(&*^& connection holds.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, I think i forgot... 50XP each for beating the trap. :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    By the way, I've been able to look in twice a day. As far as I know, I'm not holding anything up, but let me know if so.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lilika needs to take a surprise round attack and roll initiative. I think he's out of town for the weekend, though, so should be back up and running tomorrow.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lilika:

GB3 is still alive, so as far as I can tell you would have just incurred two opportunity attacks from it. Is this what you want to do?

Also, you had concealment when the Blackblades were around the corner, but wouldn't still have it once they came around the corner where you'd be in plain view so no sneak attack damage there (unless there's another reason you applied the sneak attack damage).

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    According to the rules for cover and concealment, I needed total cover to hide, which I had when I went around the corner.

To remain hidden, you only need a single line traced from any corner of your square, to any corner of the opponent's square to pass through an obstacle.

In this case, a line traced from the top of my square passes through the wall that juts out into square N,-2 (I basically imagined it as Lilika hugging the cave wall, and hiding in the shadows provided by that little jut out...tossing her dagger from it)

If that wall doesn't actually block any part of the view, then I'll take 1 OA and flank GB3 to finish him off with CA.

I actually typed the wrong target, I meant to kill GB3 before passing around the wall, not GB1. that was my mistake.

Let me know which you'd rather I do, keep the move, or flank him if the wall doesn't actually block a part of that square.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, okay. I see what you were thinking.

I'll let it go this time as it was unclear... for future moves, let's say if the wall covers half or more of a square, then it is impassable and also blocks line of sight to the wall side of the square.

You would still take one OA from GB1 to get by though. The path would have to be:

M0-L1-K2-J2-I2, passing through GB1's corner.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    (Made an edit)

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll take the OA.
    Lilika's AC is 22 for the OA

And gotcha with the half square or more. thanks!

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That OA should have missed then, since it has a -4 to attack rolls vs her, -2 from me marking and -2 from dishearten.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Effects don't stack, so it would just be a -2, but that's still a miss.

So... editing :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So, also, Wil wouldn't have used Ardent Surge I would guess.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    So, also, Wil wouldn't have used Ardent Surge I would guess.
    If she wasn't almost bloodied, probably not.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    She would not have been injured at all since the attack missed... so I'm going to assume it didn't happen :P

Chanus on