As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood] #2 (Book Spoilers Likely) - Last Ep Season 3 Finale "Evil Is Going On"

• Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I really don't get all the Eric love. He's a one note character, and not really that attractive. Jason and Alcide look better too.
    Not everyone is lucky enough to have been raised in a whiskey tango trailer park by a bow-legged female whose sole qualification for motherhood is a womb that happened to catch a sperm of a passing truck driver.

:P

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I just spent waaaayyy to long staring at that GIF of Jessica...

Although it's incredibly hot, I find that line she says to be verrrrrrrry cheesy. :lol:

I'm just pretending she's saying something else... something cute... but a bit dirty... OH GOD WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    I really don't get all the Eric love. He's a one note character, and not really that attractive. Jason and Alcide look better too.
    Not everyone is lucky enough to have been raised in a whiskey tango trailer park by a bow-legged female whose sole qualification for motherhood is a womb that happened to catch a sperm of a passing truck driver.

Not all of us fawn over the whole "master race" look.

:P:P

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I think you missed the reference.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Godric established that older vamps burn faster, so
    Eric should have an extra second or two to reach safety.
    True, but Eric was out there longer, probably didn't drink as much, is pretty old himself, and even after Russell is gone will still be wearing silver handcuffs.
    Yea if only there was a vampire that's younger than Bill (established as taking a while to burn in season 1 when he suicidally rushes to Sookie's aid against Renee) who is fiercely loyal to Eric and raptly watching the scene unfold maybe 40 feet away.

I think Eric should be fine by the setting's rules and he's probably got plot armor a mile thick anyway

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I think you missed the reference.

Can't watch that at work. Stupid filters. But yes, if there was a reference, I missed it.

I didn't start watching this until half way through season 2.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It was from Generation Kill and is uttered by our favorite foreign heartthrob.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I said I couldn't see it!

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    True, but Eric was out there longer, probably didn't drink as much, is pretty old himself, and even after Russell is gone will still be wearing silver handcuffs.
    Yea if only there was a vampire that's younger than Bill (established as taking a while to burn in season 1 when he suicidally rushes to Sookie's aid against Renee) who is fiercely loyal to Eric and raptly watching the scene unfold maybe 40 feet away.

I think Eric should be fine by the setting's rules and he's probably got plot armor a mile thick anyway
    Where is Alcide? He sort of works for Eric. Besides, Eric had this planned out. He isn't a complete idiot.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »

Where is Alcide? He sort of works for Eric. Besides, Eric had this planned out. He isn't a complete idiot.
    Well, he did say they'd die together. So that implies he didn't plan on getting out alive for sure, but then there's no reason he should go up in flames either.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Well, he did say they'd die together. So that implies he didn't plan on getting out alive for sure, but then there's no reason he should go up in flames either.
    Also Alcide was confirmed as a season 4 regular. So I'd expect him to be back in some way with a bigger story arc.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also Alcide was confirmed as a season 4 regular. So I'd expect him to be back in some way with a bigger story arc.

I will fucking kill people if there is more twilight-esque shit in this show.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shaggy wrote: »
    On a related note, I thought Andy's apology was really sincere, like he was genuinely upset and sorry and not just trying to cover for himself. It also seemed like Tara maybe understood him/believed him. Maybe a dramatic shift in her character? Doubtful.

The actor who plays Andy really nailed it this episode. A fine job.

Brian888 on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's the guy who played Frank Sobotka in The Wire S2, right? I'm looking forward to good work by him in future True Blood episodes. (We're only just getting the second season here.)

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I will fucking kill people if there is more twilight-esque shit in this show.

You and me both, but vampires and werewolves were in movies and books before Twilight.

I'm still looking forward to a fae vs vampire romeo and juliet story arc. I think that would work out well.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

It should be noted that ...
    ... Bill had been drinking some of Sookie's blood previous to going on what he thought was a suicide run when she was attacked by René. Remember that whole thing where he was telling her what vitamins and what not to take to avoid being anaemic or something? And people at Marlotte's getting steamed when they saw the bite marks the scarf was hiding? It wasn't just having a bit of steam rise from his body that helped Bill reach the conclusion he still burns in the sunlight.

Also, isn't Bill a bit indisposed at the moment, tied to a chair pleading with Pam to undo his bonds so he can give Sookie some of his blood?

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

It should be noted that ...
    ... Bill had been drinking some of Sookie's blood previous to going on what he thought was a suicide run when she was attacked by René. Remember that whole thing where he was telling her what vitamins and what not to take to avoid being anaemic or something? And people at Marlotte's getting steamed when they saw the bite marks the scarf was hiding? It wasn't just having a bit of steam rise from his body that helped Bill reach the conclusion he still burns in the sunlight.

Also, isn't Bill a bit indisposed at the moment, tied to a chair pleading with Pam to undo his bonds so he can give Sookie some of his blood?
    Pretty sure he meant that Pam should go out and save him, not Bill......:P

My friends just watched the episode today and they've been sending me text messages rapidly like
    o_O Eric can not die.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Potential spoiler for next season:
    I heard that one reason that they want him back is that he's suppose to fight Eric and they are both the same size.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Also a good point, hell Eric is known to have many human employees some of whom he trusts to some degree. That waitress who constantly gets glamoured probably can't manage to actually drag him inside but hell why not drag Lafayette out of bed? Call him up and say "come around tomorrow morning to drag my ass out of the sunlight", he and Eric even had friendly banter earlier in the season.

What really annoys me is why did he bother handcuffing himself at all. We saw Russell drop to his knees and become feeble as soon as the handcuff slapped around his wrist, that's uh, good enough. No need to apply silver to yourself too. If anything he could handcuff Russell to a pole or something before walking away - but fucking walk away!

But yes I'm fairly confident Pam will zip out there and back in. CanadianWolverine makes a good point that Bill's been drinking Sookie's blood this entire time, but really it's a pathetic distance from that door to where they are. There's even an awning providing some shade most of the way. I think Pam would be fine.

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just wanted to say that Chris Bauer (Sheriff Andy) did an amazing job this episode. He was only on the screen for a minute or two, but I think he had the best performance out of the lot this episode.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Did they explain what happened to Russel's werewolf army? Did they scatter as soon as he killed that dude?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Also a good point, hell Eric is known to have many human employees some of whom he trusts to some degree. That waitress who constantly gets glamoured probably can't manage to actually drag him inside but hell why not drag Lafayette out of bed? Call him up and say "come around tomorrow morning to drag my ass out of the sunlight", he and Eric even had friendly banter earlier in the season.

What really annoys me is why did he bother handcuffing himself at all. We saw Russell drop to his knees and become feeble as soon as the handcuff slapped around his wrist, that's uh, good enough. No need to apply silver to yourself too. If anything he could handcuff Russell to a pole or something before walking away - but fucking walk away!

But yes I'm fairly confident Pam will zip out there and back in. CanadianWolverine makes a good point that Bill's been drinking Sookie's blood this entire time, but really it's a pathetic distance from that door to where they are. There's even an awning providing some shade most of the way. I think Pam would be fine.

In regards to CUFFS!
    My boss just brought this up today... and seriously... it's really stupid. Like somehow it went over my head but that is a painfully bad plot hole. Like... there is zero reason to attach the cuffs to himself.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you wait that long to do something, you god damn make sure it is done right. I find your half assing it to be the stupider plan.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you wait that long to do something, you god damn make sure it is done right. I find your half assing it to be the stupider plan.

I hope you're joking ;) He could have just cuffed Russell and stood over him watching, with all his vampire potential speed, strength, etc. available to him. Or even hastened things along a bit. Or stood watching from the shade =P

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I hope you're joking ;) He could have just cuffed Russell and stood over him watching, with all his vampire potential speed, strength, etc. available to him. Or even hastened things along a bit. Or stood watching from the shade =P

Or put anything silver on him and then shot him with two wooden slugs. :mrgreen:

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Awesome book spoiler, uh maybe 8? Regarding Sam.
    Dude turned into a lion. Last thread y'all were whining about him not turning into a badass animal. Well there you go. He's fighting werewolves.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I was going to say something about how it matters how fast and how much silver alone incapacitates vampires, but then I realized that doesn't matter. What matters is where the hell is the sniper team? The whole plan was to get Russell out into an open area during daylight. Easy shot. If nothing else it should be a backup plan.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Awesome book spoiler, uh maybe 8? Regarding Sam.
    Dude turned into a lion. Last thread y'all were whining about him not turning into a badass animal. Well there you go. He's fighting werewolves.

Book doesn't count. Lafayette breathing proves this.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Proves what exactly? That it doesn't exist? I just read it. I'm not saying it will be in the show.

There were like 5 pages of people raising the question of why what I spoilered hadn't happened. So I tagged it for them.

edit: I guess your post just rubs me the wrong way since it's SO OBVIOUS the books and show have nothing to do with each other. I mean Russel gets married in book 7 to a fat vampire King from Indiana! The books are lame but I can listen to them while I work out.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Proves what exactly? That it doesn't exist? I just read it. I'm not saying it will be in the show.

There were like 5 pages of people raising the question of why what I spoilered hadn't happened. So I tagged it for them.

edit: I guess your post just rubs me the wrong way since it's SO OBVIOUS the books and show have nothing to do with each other. I mean Russel gets married in book 7 to a fat vampire King from Indiana! The books are lame but I can listen to them while I work out.

Yeah, I was just messing with you. :mrgreen: The lack of book/show correlation bugs my wife too. But she is happy Lafayette is still around. As are we all. :)

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is next week the season finale?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is next week the season finale?

The next episode is the season finale but it's not until the following week. :(

Aurin on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That makes my wife very happy; her grandparents don't have HBO and thats the Laborday destination.

I wonder if Eric's (not)demise will be left until next season, or will they end on his book spoiler
    amnesia
    as the hanging point.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The books are soooooooooo trashy. Yet, I'm still listening.

What Eric did makes for good TV. Now I'm all excited for Boardwalk Empire BUT REALLY I just can't wait for it to get the fuck over so I can watch A Game of Thrones. A hundred million nerd boners just perked up at my mentioning it.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That makes my wife very happy; her grandparents don't have HBO and thats the Laborday destination.

I wonder if Eric's (not)demise will be left until next season, or will they end on his book spoiler
    amnesia
    as the hanging point.

I hope they pick the spoilered option there...

Book spoiler:
    Because naked Viking vampire running down the road is something I wanna see. >.>

Aurin on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I have to wonder: what would happen if a vampire accidentally drank colloidal silver?

What if a human injected themselves with immune-system inert colloidal silver?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I have to wonder: what would happen if a vampire accidentally drank colloidal silver?

Eh, if you're a vampire, you have probably learned to avoid white people with blue tinted skin.

Anyway, since we have a couple weeks till the finale, anyone want to speculate on which plot threads are coming to a conclusion and which are going to be left on the table for season 4?
    New threads:
    Jason gets bitten by a werepanther

Continuing/dangling threads
    Jesus and Lafayette's magical journeys
    Eric is dead?
    Arlene trying to end her pregnancy
    Hoyt's mom plotting
    Tara and Sam together?

Ending threads
    Russell dies
    Bill and Sookie's relationship

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »

Eh, if you're a vampire, you have probably learned to avoid white people with blue tinted skin.

Anyway, since we have a couple weeks till the finale, anyone want to speculate on which plot threads are coming to a conclusion and which are going to be left on the table for season 4?
    New threads:

Eric is dead?
    Hoyt's mom plotting
    Tara and Sam together?

Ending threads
    Russell dies
    Wait so were-whatever status is communicable in this setting? Considering there are no downsides people should really grab that. I mean it's shown to be completely worthless in actually fighting any other supernatural but turning into a goddamn panther could come in handy in other situations.

Come to think of it, the series hasn't established what happens if a were-whatever, shifter, etc. is turned into a vampire either. For "balance reasons" I'd expect them to lose the previous "template" and just be a standard vampire (or just have the transformation fail and they stay dead) but there's no real reason for it. Can you "stack" superpowers? A human that plans it could get bitten by a were-whatever before being turned and so on.

If it works, a shifter vampire would be pretty badass. Although some settings have vampires being able to transform into wolves or bats anyway so hmmm. I imagine Faery Vampire is out after all the talk about "stealing your light".

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, we don't know what happens to a Vampire who does steal all of a (full?) faeries "light". Maybe he becomes...something. And people should be lining up to be turned NOW. It's silly people don't. Hell, immortality alone would be enough to have every vampire mobbed with requests.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »

New threads:

Eric is dead?
    Hoyt's mom plotting
    Tara and Sam together?

Ending threads
    Russell dies
    Wait so were-whatever status is communicable in this setting? Considering there are no downsides people should really grab that. I mean it's shown to be completely worthless in actually fighting any other supernatural but turning into a goddamn panther could come in handy in other situations.

Come to think of it, the series hasn't established what happens if a were-whatever, shifter, etc. is turned into a vampire either. For "balance reasons" I'd expect them to lose the previous "template" and just be a standard vampire (or just have the transformation fail and they stay dead) but there's no real reason for it. Can you "stack" superpowers? A human that plans it could get bitten by a were-whatever before being turned and so on.

If it works, a shifter vampire would be pretty badass. Although some settings have vampires being able to transform into wolves or bats anyway so hmmm. I imagine Faery Vampire is out after all the talk about "stealing your light".

According to the books, being turned removes any other supernatural powers you may have.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee