As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadows of the DAMNED- Hot girlfriends... FROM HELL. Suda X Mikami X Yamaoka

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    did anyone else reach 4-5 and hit a bug where you just noclip through the world

because that was weird

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Holy shit at Stinky Crow's story, I don't think I've laughed out loud that hard at a game, ever. So well done.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The way Garcia reads the lines really makes it the best story book I've found.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, the delivery was pitch perfect.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    One of the weird things about this game is that if you are on an incline, you can't aim your melee attack downwards. You will swing at the same level. So if you and a basic enemy are on a stairway together, you can get into a situation where you can't hit them by swinging, and they just won't attack you.

I remember the "not being able to aim melee swing up/down" in Dead Space, though that game had the curb stomp button. Seems kind of weird that aimable melee being a staple of RE4 wouldn't be in here.

I'm still only a few stages into the game, and so far... the game is alright, but I'm really not seeing the raving 9.5/10s here. Garcia and Johnson and the dialogue in general is funny, there's at least one highly synthetic tootle when you open doors (I kind of expected more, it being a GHM game), the loading screen music is really great, but the combat with the enemies isn't especially inspiring. I'm going to beat it since I've spent money on it, but so far I don't feel utterly astonished from the outset the way I usually am with games from Grasshopper.

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The way Garcia reads the lines really makes it the best story book I've found.

YES. Ugh, this game is so fucking good and charming. Like I can't even explain to people coherently that it just works and is fun as fucking balls.

I was trying to explain to my friend about the storybooks but it wasn't working.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Done with 4-4 now.

Probably gonna be able to finish the game tomorrow. I guess I'll have to do a second playthrough eventually for achievements on the various weapons, since you cant get them once you've upgraded I guess. I really am hoping they patch in the ability to have a NG+, since it is so well suited to one.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is out?

Damnit. Time to get out my wallet.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know right? I feel like I should have known when this was coming out. I haven’t followed it at all since the first trailer I saw for it.

Anyway, I bought it. Will be playing tonight.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh god, choices! I still need to play LA Noire, Bulletstorm, Portal 2, and I wanted to check out the new Red Faction. Now there's this! After watching the first fifteen minutes, I'm sold. Now I can't decide whether to get this first or Noire--I only have enough for one. Anyone played both and have an opinion to share?

Currently I have LA Noire, Infamous 2, Dungeon Siege 3, Hunted... all unfinished because Shadows of the Damned is just better. Its stupidly fun and it manages to feel different than most shit nowdays. Those games I have unfinished are surely good, I will finish them, but this is just so much more entertaining. Its constantly throwing me curve balls and making me laugh.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    The Iron ChancellorThe Iron Chancellor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Act 5:4 Boss Question
    How do you force the last split with flemeth?! I cannot for the life of me get the damn crack to light up no matter what I try on Legion Hunter. Do you need points in the skull launcher to do it?

The Iron Chancellor on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Got it yesterday--played up until 2-2 at my friends house. After work, I get to start over since I saved everything under his profile, and I couldn't be happier.

My thoughts so far: 'yes' and 'I want to play it right now'.

Absolutely happy I went with your suggestions and got this. I dig the shooting in this, it feels better than RE4 in many ways. I'll agree the lack of an aim-able melee attack hurts the game a teency bit, but I just shoot mans anyway.

Damn I wish I weren't at work.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/3/

Judging from the response of the forums in here, this game is probably not going to sell very well huh. :cry:

Peas on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm stuck in a 2d part late chapter 4...
    I'm fighting Justine and took down the three red spots on her face. Then her face was outlined w/ yellow and I keep shooting it. Nothing happens. Nothing else to shoot...?

So yeah, any help?

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm stuck in a 2d part late chapter 4...
    I'm fighting Justine and took down the three red spots on her face. Then her face was outlined w/ yellow and I keep shooting it. Nothing happens. Nothing else to shoot...?

So yeah, any help?
    light shot

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    _Debaser__Debaser_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Act 5:4 Boss Question
    How do you force the last split with flemeth?! I cannot for the life of me get the damn crack to light up no matter what I try on Legion Hunter. Do you need points in the skull launcher to do it?
    That last part of the fight took me twenty minutes to get past. You need to get enough damage to make the crack stay long enough to do the Big Boner's secondary attack.

Try this:
    - wait until he puts up his dome, then shoot the skull bomb inside.
    - reload and charge another skull bomb
    - when his dome goes down, he's stunned (always)
    - the minute you get a clear shot, shoot him with another skull bomb
    - IMMEDIATELY change to the pistol, set up the secondary, and shoot

With any luck you'll be able to make him disintegrate. It's not even that he's a difficult boss, it's just the window on the kill shot and the damage needed to get it to activate is really harsh on Legion Hunter.

Let me know if that works.

_Debaser_ on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just got to 4-3. Big Boner level was... interesting. Let's just say I'm glad my gf was asleep and I had the headphones on. Granted, she probably would have laughed her ass off, but I'm not taking any risks.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Okay, so this game is totally rad. Like everyone else said, it is just plain fun.

I'm not very far, but I love the characters and setting and everything about the world. It really is a genuinely funny game. It doesn't take itself seriously enough to be unintentionally comical, like a lot of shooters.

My only problem is that sometimes if you go on the "right" path, you get locked into it and can't backtrack and go down some corridors you may have missed.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, couple things I wish the game had:

The ability to back-track a bit better or, barring that, a way to make periodic saves. Since there's no chapter select, they should have at least let people save at certain points in order to revisit areas. In fact, chapter select would be nice. So would new game+.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just beat the first big boss. I'm on Act 3 now. It was pretty fun. and that's a big relief. With the exception of No More Heroes 1 and 2, the bosses in Grasshopper games tend to be... not very good.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well now I'm stuck in the stupid fucked up room. you can only spin the thing either where you can walk on it or you can't. And when you can't, it won't let you go to the fucking switch> UGGGGGHHHHHHH. I bet I have to shoot something.

That is always the answer in this game.

edit: nevermind. three. dimensions.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow. There was not a single thing I didn't love in The Legend of Stinky Crow.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So there is no new game +, whats the playtime and are there like new costumes so i don't have to watch the same back twice or whatever.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't say there's a whole lot of replay value. you don't get anything for finishing it

also might be worth mentioning difficulty achievements don't stack, so thats the only real incentive to doing it more than once.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Game bugged out on me the other night during:
    the 2nd Paula chase. Tried to get into the cabin and Garcia froze on me in the "T" pose.

Kinda bummed me out so I shut it off for the night. Despite that, I'm enjoying the hell out of this game, so much charm and personality to the characters.
    Gilder wrote: »
    Wow. There was not a single thing I didn't love in The Legend of Stinky Crow.

Had me in stitches. So many good line reads from that one.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just got this. I'm excited.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game is amazing and I cannot believe this topic is so tiny.

Especially Christopher.

Every game should have Christopher selling you upgrades.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, I just beat level 4-2.

This game is fucked up.

But it's MY kind of fucked up.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game is fucking great.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I..... I didn't know this came out. I am heading to walmart to pick it up. right now.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Xagarath wrote: »
    This game is amazing and I cannot believe this topic is so tiny.

Especially Christopher.

Every game should have Christopher selling you upgrades.

:^: Ya'll take care, now.

Also, I hate to be that guy but I had no trouble with 4-1.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You dudes aren't helping my wallet stay full. Now I have to go buy this game.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mulletude wrote: »
    You dudes aren't helping my wallet stay full. Now I have to go buy this game.

You must...no NEED to taste Suda51's big boner

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, that was a pretty awesome ending.

Chance on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wanted to try and avoid this for the sake of my wallet but the impressions here plus my own curiosity are getting the better of me.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I played it for about two hours, and besides the horrible japaneseness of some of the game design decisions, the game is just beyond words for how awesome it is.

I am referring to the 'underwater section, you can only breath for so long, so panic' mechanic.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Okay, guys. This game was an amazing rental, but I don't think I'd buy it. There's no replay value at all and it had some weird design decisions that make it more slog than romp so onto F3ar. Which is also amazingly fun though in a different way.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd definitely classify it more as a romp than a slog. I don't think I can ever point to a part where I specifically wasn't having fun. I suppose I got a little frustrated at one boss fight where I didn't figure out the strategy soon enough, but beyond that?

Fun.

It's certainly not fun that lasts, and with little replay value it's a fine rental - but for me it's definitely earned a spot on my shelf next to Vanquish. It's part of the Shinji Mikami Story.

Chance on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    5-1 Completely awesome until...
    Johnson: I think your girlfriend has gone mental
    Garcia: She's not mental she's just confused

Cue 3 trips to the loading screen and then later in the level an accidental pooping of the pants.

Psychotic One on