Options

MINECRAFT: Tonight, we build stone dongs in Hell!

• Options
    MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Monthenor wrote: »
    Hey Ein (or anybody who hosts a server), have you seen an error "send buffer overflow" in your server logs? It's started disconnecting my friends. Our map file is under 10MB, maybe that's still over the limit?

Google only points me to the official forum, which is worse than useless.

Never mind, figured it out. It turns out Minecraft can't handle my awesome sign.
    Quite literally.
    awesome_sign_web.gif

Who knew that >300 redstone torches set up to blink as fast as possible could overload a server? Used MCEdit to move that waaaaay off to the side and now people can log in and play.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Did you guys see this? I guess Notch hired 4 guys and opened a studio with all of that money.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/01/minecraft-devs-profits-spawn-new-six-person-studio/

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mspencer wrote: »
    Ein, next time I'm on, mind if I clear the rest of the mountain on top of my maze, and make the top into pixel art representing the cartridge art for the game (a.k.a. my avatar)?

It's freebuild island. Do what you want.

Ein on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sweet, my statue foot doesn't look to bad from the render.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ein wrote: »
    mspencer wrote: »
    Ein, next time I'm on, mind if I clear the rest of the mountain on top of my maze, and make the top into pixel art representing the cartridge art for the game (a.k.a. my avatar)?

It's freebuild island. Do what you want.

*lightbulb goes on*

Ahhh, gotcha. Understood.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ein is it possible for us to sanction off that little island in the corner of the map for the vault project?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

This is pretty fucking unbelievable. This map is evolving at an amazing rate every day.

I mean, shit, there's an emmaculate airship there being built near Columbia... unbelievable towers and castles in the middle island... just, amazing.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I set the world expo server up. If you guys want to test it:

worldexpo.dyndns.org

Ein on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GPIA7R wrote: »

This is pretty fucking unbelievable. This map is evolving at an amazing rate every day.

I mean, shit, there's an emmaculate airship there being built near Columbia... unbelievable towers and castles in the middle island... just, amazing.

I just want to know what's going on with the large field to the left of the prototype Columbia Guns. That's a wheat field in game but it's invisible or something there.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What exactly is this expo server?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So here is what I've been up to in single player since I bought the game a few days ago. This area started out as a haphazard sod hut next to my first mining project. Next thing I know this all just sort of happened.

Here's a pic of my current project. It's a Skyway, so I can get around to certain locations in style.
    skywaygv.jpg

This is my current destination for the project. The first stop are those islands sitting inside of a bay. Then I think I'll continue on towards that mountain in the distance. After that, who knows?
    skywaydest.jpg

Early on, I'd get lost a lot. Especially if I got sploded or arrowed up at night time and sent back to my spawn. I got tired of it, so I built a beacon on top of the big hill that is the location for my Fortress. It's pretty irrelevant now that my fortress is more built up and I'm getting to know the lay of the land. I still like it's eery floating in the air quality though, so it's going to stay. Currently I've gone from thinking of it as my Locator Beacon to thinking of it as a strange altar to an Elder God or something. I love how this game tickles my imagination.
    fortlb.jpg

Now, for a view of the Fortress itself. This is the front door, and it's built into the hillside and goes all the way through the hill. There's also some cave systems underneath, where I'm experimenting with underground farming. Also I find a decent bit of coal an iron down there. I also have a borehole project going on. The interior is under constant expansion.
    fortcurrent.jpg

Here's a view of the back door. It's still being roughed in. I'll finish it soon I keep thinking to myself, but I always find myself getting into other things (like the Skyway and the Borehole)
    backdoort.jpg

Finally, here's an aerial view that captures my unfinished Skyway and front door area. Nothing special, but it helps pull the other perspectives together.
    skywayhv.jpg

Drake on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have this feeling if I bought this I would create my own little island and would build on it. Would that be kosher?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    On my server? You can go right ahead. The Archipelago'd be a good place for it.

Ein on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    From other thread, didn't get the memo about new thread.

Kasanagi wrote: »
    So, I know wildfire is generally frowned upon, but for the purposes of clearing tree brush that lacks it's tree, can we make flint and iron on the colapture server? I've found it to be immensly helpful in that role, though I know it has a potential for griefing as well.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fire is currently disabled on my server. If you need to burn shit, an admin or mod will help you.

Ein on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    From other thread, didn't get the memo about new thread.

So, I know wildfire is generally frowned upon, but for the purposes of clearing tree brush that lacks it's tree, can we make flint and iron on the colapture server? I've found it to be immensly helpful in that role, though I know it has a potential for griefing as well.

Brushfires lag the server something fierce.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    D34THROWD34THROW Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ein, what software are you using to get the iso renders? I can't find anything to get an iso render from an infdev/Alpha world.

D34THROW on
    Minecraft Nickname - D34THROW

Current Server - None.
    Current Project - Surviving in SSP.
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Damn, I don't think I had seen the rapture dome before. Very impressive. I also liked the cactus tower. That's a lot of books.

jackal on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've abandoned my treehouse on the island next to lavaland (Follow the coast south from FightTest's grass bridge). If anyone wants, they can continue construction on it (the signs outside have been changed to reflect this). If the site is unclaimed in a week, though, I'll dismantle it and split the wood between the Ember and Columbia warehouses.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hrmmm

...Maybe I should recreate 2fort

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I need my server's IP off the steam page. It's too easy to find with a simple google search, without even being a member.

Ein on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ugh. my perfectly square hole.

That's what she said, I guess...

c'mon restart.

belligerent on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Are you turning on building only for approved peeps?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ugh. my perfectly square hole.

That's what she said, I guess...

c'mon restart.

weren't you the one who filled that column with TNT?

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Are you turning on building only for approved peeps?

I could, but I don't want to have to yet.

Ein on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lol, I don't even know how to make TNT. No I didn't spend 2 days doing it by hand to have it fucked up at the last minute. I know you didn't do it either.

I have no idea where it came from.

belligerent on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Seems to me the issue is just as much running around elsewhere to show off what people have built. Had no problems for weeks and now suddenly shit's blowing up.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lol, I don't even know how to make TNT. No I didn't spend 2 days doing it by hand to have it fucked up at the last minute. I know you didn't do it either.

Wait, what happened to Moria?

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

ahhh. I thought it was you. lol. that makes more sense. I felt bad for hitting the bottom of that stack, but I couldn't imagine how it would have turned out differently if whoever put it there had hit it.

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Someone help me out, please.

I found a spider spawn under my keep and excavated around it (the boxes held some pig saddles! sweet!) I've managed to build a simple water trap that drowns the spiders, but so far I've been unable to design it in a way that it deposits web in an accessible location without spiders also getting through.

It's really simple at the moment. The spiders can only get out of the mossy area through a gap about 5 cubes wide and tall, where they must then jump into a hole full of flowing water. The hole is as wide as the gap, two cubes long, four deep (it's surrounded by a fence so they cannot go over) and if I remove the bottom layer of the hole (its a wall, basically) items will siphon through with the water, but so will some of the spiders.

Estilo on
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Estilo wrote: »
    Someone help me out, please.

I found a spider spawn under my keep and excavated around it (the boxes held some pig saddles! sweet!) I've managed to build a simple water trap that drowns the spiders, but so far I've been unable to design it in a way that it deposits web in an accessible location without spiders also getting through.

It's really simple at the moment. The spiders can only get out of the mossy area through a gap about 5 cubes wide and tall, where they must then jump into a hole full of flowing water. The hole is as wide as the gap, two cubes long, four deep (it's surrounded by a fence so they cannot go over) and if I remove the bottom layer of the hole (its a wall, basically) items will siphon through with the water, but so will some of the spiders.

You can try putting a block to make that bottom layer have an opening of one block, or make the drop 2x3 and put the block in the center. I use the latter and rarely have to open the middle block to get string. Most just flows around the block.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I've got a question for the denizens of this thread, and it is this:

How many of you remember Blockland?

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Recoil42 wrote: »

The Lego one right? I sure do. I Built World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, I built a cobblestone factory, but it kind of sucks, because I'm losing half of my blocks to the lava. Is there a particularly good design anyone's seen out there? It still beats having to go out of my way to mine for it. Odds are I'd stumble upon a cave and spend a couple of hours exploring, rather than working on my bridge.

ContentContext on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    Recoil42 wrote: »

The Lego one right? I sure do. I Built World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros.

The Lego one.

1113803645db6b82d552wv8.jpg

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, could I get an Invite?

MechMantis on
  • Options
    RaernRaern Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I spent a while running around Ein's server, awesome job to everyone involved there, especially Rapture and Colombia.

I think my favorite was the display case museum in Colombia.

Raern on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I too could use an invite:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/stabbitystyle

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Could I get the server info? I'd like to join in the minecrafting with you folks.

Shivahn on
This discussion has been closed.