Options

MINECRAFT: Tonight, we build stone dongs in Hell!

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i do not know how you changed history, and minecraft with others is just wonderful.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So guys... tree farming. I've got a space dug out with dirt laid down. The room is about seven blocks tall, which I think should be enough for trees to grow. I place the saplings spread out so there is always one block in between each sapling, and I've thrown torches all over.

And yet things don't seem to be growing. Any advice?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MARCO

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    POLO. :P

Ein on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    FightTest wrote: »
    Days later and I have changed history.
    lavagrass.jpg

I cleared away the land bridge from my base, but left most of it intact if anyone else wants to spread it to their area. I'll knock it down completely in a couple days.

I'm glad I took a trip across it yesterday before it was removed (you mat have seen my flitting around Black Mesa for a bit when I reached the end). I'm a sucker for funny signs in out of the way areas. :P

So.. If Columbia doesn't have an office for the Columbia Chronicles yet, can I try to build that if/when there's room?

Either that, or an Aquarium Shop (would only carry domestic fish, of course). The main character of Infinite needs something to get his head dunked into and building little aquariums out of glass and half blocks would be fun.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    pabhpabh Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So guys... tree farming. I've got a space dug out with dirt laid down. The room is about seven blocks tall, which I think should be enough for trees to grow. I place the saplings spread out so there is always one block in between each sapling, and I've thrown torches all over.

And yet things don't seem to be growing. Any advice?

trees need 10-12 blocks minimum and possibly higher as they might be supertrees

pabh on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Things that I am currently most proud of in Minecraft #2
    Secret Project that I didn't want to reveal until the latest isometric view update came out.
    OHHHYEAAAAH
    IsoCactuar.png

Man, fuck you :P

I was gonna build one of those standing up with cactus blocks when I finally got onto the server.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Please send me a personal message in-forum about the IP address of the Ein server. I don't have a steam account.

ImperiusV on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, hey guys.. setting things on fire so they don't destroy themselves.. is there a trick to this?

For example this:

ujHcd.jpg

But, if I do a 2x2 (4 blocks) of wood to put on the top of my lighthouse they'll burn themselves out.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    So, I built a water trap from one of the less helpful videos on youtube.. so now at the back of my mansion I have my own little creeper etc mining/drowning facility.

DROWN! DROWN!

I love trapping them in that. "What's that Mr. Creeper? Can't explode? Sorry, I can't hear you too well over all the gargling noises you seem to be making."

That is.... terrible...

I mean, cruel! Terribly cruel! Look at his poor face as he screams to you for help!

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think what you do is wall up the wood from all sides so that only the top is visible, then light the top.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, hey guys.. setting things on fire so they don't destroy themselves.. is there a trick to this?

For example this:

ujHcd.jpg

But, if I do a 2x2 (4 blocks) of wood to put on the top of my lighthouse they'll burn themselves out.

On my lighthouse I set them in a wood/stone checkerboard pattern.

jackal on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you use logs, not planks.

belligerent on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So an idea for a project occurs, someone should make Cthullu in the ocean with diamond/obsidian blocks.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I see someone built a pyramid in the desert... I wish I was creative enough to build a sphinx :(

Falx on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey could I get an invite to the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/join_now

101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Falx wrote: »
    I see someone built a pyramid in the desert... I wish I was creative enough to build a sphinx :(

Get an image of the sphinx from the side, reduce it to whatever resolution you want where 1 pixel = 1 block. Then work on it using that image as a reference.

Once you've gotten the basic 2d shape use a front/top image to then work out cutting it out from the essentially 2d shape. There are also programs that can do this for you to import into minecraft I believe like how Halkun did the Enterprise.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Falx wrote: »

That was me. The inside of the Pyramid is completely empty though, so I'm going to have to think of things to add in it. I really want some traps to be in it, with chests if you're lucky to get through them, but first damage has to be added for that.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I have been having a hell of a time making obsidian on ein's server. I have tried dumb water on still pools of lava and nothing happens. I had managed to spawn 1 block of obsidian but after trying to mine that 1 block for 5 minutes I gave up.

I just want to make a pretty picture. :(

wakkawa on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Guys I have a question that is terribly important because someone is accusing me of THINGS on my Youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwRt5VVzqRY
    He says lava doesn't work like that unless you use some editing program, though at first he said I was doing it on a multiplayer server with something, despite the video being posted before multiplayer was even out.

Anyway what the hell is he talking about, did Notch change something about lava since early July?

EDIT: "Um..Lava is defying gravity..unless of course you used a multiplayer server to build this by using the data values..like everyone else.."

"Then MC Edit. Lava doesn't work like that. I own the game, my cousin and I do commentaries on this game..Lava doesn't work in that manner unless you use a program/datacode"

He's one o' them Internet tough guys I guess.
    He's full of crap, just remove his comments. Also, what song is that? It's very catchy.

Also, being unable to unignore Rane is pretty fucking annoying.

It's an OCRemix from, I think, Kirby Superstar.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Guys I have a question that is terribly important because someone is accusing me of THINGS on my Youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwRt5VVzqRY
    He says lava doesn't work like that unless you use some editing program, though at first he said I was doing it on a multiplayer server with something, despite the video being posted before multiplayer was even out.

Anyway what the hell is he talking about, did Notch change something about lava since early July?

EDIT: "Um..Lava is defying gravity..unless of course you used a multiplayer server to build this by using the data values..like everyone else.."

"Then MC Edit. Lava doesn't work like that. I own the game, my cousin and I do commentaries on this game..Lava doesn't work in that manner unless you use a program/datacode"

He's one o' them Internet tough guys I guess.
    He's full of crap, just remove his comments. Also, what song is that? It's very catchy.

Also, being unable to unignore Rane is pretty fucking annoying.

It's an OCRemix from, I think, Kirby Superstar.

I think I know what he's talking about.

Due to a perspective issue, it looks like your lava is flowing like this

LLL
    LLL
    LLL
    xLx

Which is, of course impossible. I realize that isn't what happening, but that's what it looks like from the angle you were at.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    From the humblest of beginnings....
    survival.jpg

If anyone's interested I can put up some more detailed pics after I get some much needed rest... D::lol:

Estilo on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, I built a water trap from one of the less helpful videos on youtube.. so now at the back of my mansion I have my own little creeper etc mining/drowning facility.

DROWN! DROWN!

I love trapping them in that. "What's that Mr. Creeper? Can't explode? Sorry, I can't hear you too well over all the gargling noises you seem to be making."

how does this work exactly?

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    trednistrednis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my element garden on the Rapture/ Columbia server. (on freebuild island)
    elementalgarden.jpg?t=1286042694

trednis on
  • Options
    LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    trednis wrote: »
    my element garden on the Rapture/ Columbia server. (on freebuild island)

You forgot magnets.

Lizard on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Guys I had an idea. Since you're building the Mines of Moria, I'm going to build the tower with the Eye of Sauron in Lavaland.

I hope no one else has this idea! Unless they want to help because I won't be able to start until later tonight.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Im still on shift.... did stuff get released on Friday?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Notch is busy setting up the company.

After that, maybe!

Joeslop on
  • Options
    Sir PenguinSir Penguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Do the larger trees' leaves disappear when you take out all the wood blocks? I've had trouble getting the leaves to go away even when it seems I've gotten every block of wood out, leading to the rather obnoxious chore of destroying all the leaves by hand (or fire, but I don't think you get saplings that way...).

Edit: Oh wait I think just answered my own question, since these leaves seem to be disappearing now... is it just that the leaves can't be directly touching any blocks other than leaves? I just took out some that were beside some stone blocks and I guess that's what triggered it to start disappearing?

Sir Penguin on
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Do the larger trees' leaves disappear when you take out all the wood blocks? I've had trouble getting the leaves to go away even when it seems I've gotten every block of wood out, leading to the rather obnoxious chore of destroying all the leaves by hand (or fire, but I don't think you get saplings that way...).

Edit: Oh wait I think just answered my own question, since these leaves seem to be disappearing now... is it just that the leaves can't be directly touching any blocks other than leaves? I just took out some that were beside some stone blocks and I guess that's what triggered it to start disappearing?

Correct, they can't be touching any other blocks.

downer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ok, thanks. :D

Sir Penguin on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guys, we do entirely too many epic projects. We should focus on setting up three block high mud huts for the less advantaged who join the server.

MILLIONS OF THEM.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    RandomUser: Where should I build my house?

Admin: Because of overcrowding you have been assigned hut 1142. You will spend your days laboring in the iron mines, and your nights fighting zombies because we didn't have enough wood for doors.

RandomUser: :(

jackal on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    jonxp wrote: »
    Guys, we do entirely too many epic projects. We should focus on setting up three block high mud huts for the less advantaged who join the server.

MILLIONS OF THEM.

Minecraft: Tropico Edition?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Damn. That tower makes my shitty tower to the sky with lava flowing out the top and a small glass overlook look even shittier.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, by the way. Can I get an invite to the steam group thing?
    How do I do this...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996327450
    ?

Sir Penguin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

For example this:

ujHcd.jpg

I think that once a block of wood is set o fire like that, it can count as one of blocks surrounding another wood block that you wish to set on fire, so you do them one at a time
    (Don't think i've explained this very well)

Also I'm not entirely sure I linked my steam profile correctly, does this lead to a profile correctly?

101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

DROWN! DROWN!

how does this work exactly?

See this:

qRJ3B.png

This is a side view I made, the dark blue is a water source. The long channel that ends just before the water drops off is 8 blocks long. The light blue is the run off water.

At the end the enemy drops down and because of the current moves into the two block height of water, because the enemy (in this case creepers, zombies etc) cannot move beyond that water they drown.

The little single channel of water pushes any drops to you. I think this works with spiders too. (at least I think I killed a spider a while ago)

I'll make a video showing it in action.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    how do you get them into the trap?

101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    101 wrote: »
    how do you get them into the trap?

Bait them, get them to follow you. I'm encoding a video now showing how I do it.

Also, you need to make sure this is a few blocks below the main ground level so they can't jump out once they're in the water.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
This discussion has been closed.