As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie Brigade, PAX East 2011: OVER 9000! ($9600 - and counting - for Child's Play!)

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    RE knowing a true Brigadier:

"You will know me by the scent of cooking sugar, chocolate, divine ambrosia scent from the mountains of Olympus. Yea, verily, sent by Odin himself and delivered unto us from the hands of virgin Valkaries! You will see us, and you shall WEEP!! Tears of joy that shall cleanse away all the pain your empty tummy feels. An' we shall give unto you the COOKIE!"

/sniff

So... beautiful...

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    RE knowing a true Brigadier:

"You will know me by the scent of cooking sugar, chocolate, divine ambrosia scent from the mountains of Olympus. Yea, verily, sent by Odin himself and delivered unto us from the hands of virgin Valkaries! You will see us, and you shall WEEP!! Tears of joy that shall cleanse away all the pain your empty tummy feels. An' we shall give unto you the COOKIE!"

The peasants rejoice! Yeah!!!

Oh yeah The Purple Pie Man say the ovens will be working over time to meet the demands of the PAX Community.
    5466075743_614359556c_m.jpg

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Today I made 86 Bacon-Chocolate Chip cookies, in case the 66 Butterscotch/Chocolate/Potato Chippers I made weren't weird enough.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bacon-chocolate chip? Sounds very interesting.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bacon-chocolate chip? Sounds very interesting.

If they're anything like the bacon chocolate chip cookies I've had before, be on the lookout for some amazing stuff.

Knuckles056 on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Attention Brigadiers!

If you haven't already, be sure to go to the "Events" section of our website and register for the PAX East 2011 Event itself! This will help us get a better headcount of who's actually going to East instead of just being in the Cookie Brigade forum for Prime (or who thought they might be able to go to East but actually can't make it).

Thanks guys!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is the Cookie Brigade site loading slowly for everyone, or just me?

Ixmasat on
  • DJ LushiousDJ Lushious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Today I made 86 Bacon-Chocolate Chip cookies
    As a vegetarian, this both disgusts and intrigues me.

Speaking of which, how are us vegetarians to know which cookies are safe and which aren't? Though I'd like to think the days of using animal shortening in cookies is long gone.

DJ Lushious on
  • ValantineValantine Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow Brigaders! Bacon must be the "in" thing this year, as I planed on also adding bacon to my contribution. The French Toast mini cupcake, maple whipped frosting topped with a flag of tasty candied bacon. I'm Also baking a Monumental batch of Mario's Marvelously Mocha Mischievous Mustache Macaroons....on a stick.Mmmm ...mouth full Much? Myself and a hand full of enslaved brainwashed..uh i mean recruited at own will baker buddies will be storming up a bake. or baking up a storm all of Saturday and Sunday. mustache cookies will be vegetarian. cupcakes will not. also, enjoy the cookies, but please don't eat/harass people with the stick.

Valantine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
    edited February 2011

Speaking of which, how are us vegetarians to know which cookies are safe and which aren't? Though I'd like to think the days of using animal shortening in cookies is long gone.

But here is where it gets interesting, DJ! I used...... BACOS!! Specifically for this reason! Per Betty Crocker, there are currently no animal fats used in Bacos. They're soy based! While the cookies aren't Vegan (butter) they are dead animal free!

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • DJ LushiousDJ Lushious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    But here is where it gets interesting, DJ! I used...... BACOS!!
    :shock:

You're selling me one of those cookies now. Wait... Did I just agree to a bacon cookie? O_o

I'm still trying to come up with an ingenious way for all of you cookie brigadiers to quickly identify that my belly wants some lovin'. <3

P.S. You are correct about Bac-Os. Copyrighted, brand name Bac-Os are, indeed, vegetarian friendly. It's always puzzled the mind.

DJ Lushious on
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I put full ingredients on the space invader candy. Its just sugar (granular and powdered), corn syrup, citric acid, and flavoring (flavor oils so they are vegetarian).

So whether or not you can eat it is dependent upon whether or not you consider cane sugar vegetarian or not.

As of writing this I've got 230 bags of candy and hopefully will get one more batch knocked out this week. *crosses fingers*

ransim on
  • JimmyJimJimmyJim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey! I signed up on your site but haven't heard anything. So I just wanted to let you know I'm still waiting! :)

JimmyJim on
    edited March 2011

You're selling me one of those cookies now. Wait... Did I just agree to a bacon cookie? O_o

I'm still trying to come up with an ingenious way for all of you cookie brigadiers to quickly identify that my belly wants some lovin'. <3

P.S. You are correct about Bac-Os. Copyrighted, brand name Bac-Os are, indeed, vegetarian friendly. It's always puzzled the mind.

Just WAIT until you see the labels I made. "Vegetarian Bacos-Choco Chippers" There's a picture of bacon on it. Honestly? I just really, really, REALLY wanted to be able to say that out loud, "Vegetarian, bacon flavoured, chocolate chip cookies." Bacon (and flavoured as like) is an undervalued sweet ingredient.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • yockyock Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I make cookies day of (I'm not signed up for the Cookie Brigade or anything), would I be able to find someone to give them to to then distribute them to the hungry hungry PAXers?

Ginger cookies, lemon poppyseed scones, or chocolate chip scones...

yock on
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yock wrote: »
    If I make cookies day of (I'm not signed up for the Cookie Brigade or anything), would I be able to find someone to give them to to then distribute them to the hungry hungry PAXers?

Ginger cookies, lemon poppyseed scones, or chocolate chip scones...

Sending you a PM.

ransim on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, I was catching up on Loading Ready Run videos (you know...the guys who do Desert Bus) and at the end of the most recent one, I saw someone I recognized, and a banner I helped "protect" at the omegathon of PAX Prime last year.

In other words, at the end of this very humorous video, the guys from loading ready run pimped the cookie brigade!!!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/2811-Cursing

JonnyNero on
  • kimbellinakimbellina Berkeley Heights, NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hi! I don't know where else to go with this...

I tried to sign up for the cookie-brigade.com website last week. I made the mistake of trying to create an account (kimbellina) before having the Penny Arcade forums account created. Now I still can't get to any of the pages on the cookie brigade website. There's a big red banner that says "... If everything checks out, you\'ll be in within the next 48 hours..." Help, someone, please? :?

I did cookie brigade at PAX East last year, and I plan to join in again.

I'll be making the following cookies (sorry, nothing special):
    chocolate chip cookies
    M&M cookies
    sugar cookies with assorted types of sprinkles
    sugar cookies that are particularly phallic, reserved primarily for the more generous, polite, and/or funny donors

kimbellina on
    edited March 2011
    Kimbellina: I sent you a PM on the 27th in regards to the account, but I haven't heard back from you yet. Please reply to the message as soon as you can so I can get you processed! No need to create multiple accounts: the problem isn't the account creation, it's that I never heard back from the PM I sent you. Check your inbox when you get the chance!

JimmyJim: It looks like you replied to my PM this morning/late last night: I'm on it, I just can't check during the day (hence the delay!)

And this brings up a good point for everyone: anyone looking to be in the Brigade, please respond to the PMs I've sent you! There's ~15 people currently on the list who have signed up and not replied to me! I will not let you in if you do not reply to the PM I sent, due to the previously stated concerns that we have to account for with open signup.

Also, if you want to be in the Brigade, decide now: the cutoff for Brigadier signups for East is going to be Wednesday 3/9/2010 (which means both signing up and responding to my PM message in time!), so that we can actually know who to expect to be at PAX East. If you do not complete signup by this time, you'll unfortunately have to wait until Prime to join the Brigade! So don't delay!

VThornheart on
  • Alucard_TepishAlucard_Tepish Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    This sounds awesome. I would like to join.

Alucard_Tepish on
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I remember you from last year - I'll find your belly to feed it cookies! ;)

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
    edited March 2011
    Kimbellina, are you there? Did you receive my PM?

VThornheart on
  • MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    How do I spot a "True" Cookie Brigade helper at the PAX East? Thank you.

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
    edited March 2011
    I heard we'll have buttons.

TheRobotGuy on
  • SchlockSchlock aka, KoalaBro2 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    My fiancee makes some awesome macaroons. If I can get her to give me the recipe, and made them, and brought them to PAX, how logistically involved is it to be a distributor? I guess what I'm saying is, I'm interested in theory, as long as it doesn't overly interfere with actually enjoying PAX.

Schlock on
    edited March 2011

We'll have awesome Cookie Brigade patches, patches on flags, and I think we'll have buttons and our very own Cookie Brigade cards. (VT, we do have PAX trading cards, right? Or am I making that up?) :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    edited March 2011
    Trading cardz. I haz them. I type-set and ordered them I didz. I bringz them with me, I does... Prrreeeccciiiioooouuuusssss..

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    edited March 2011
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Look for the person in the middle of a large, hungry crowd of people clamoring for sweets ;)

Ixmasat on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dear diary, the final day of the bakening is upon me. I was unsure if I would be able to undertake this ordeal and still fear for my sanity. The cookies, oh the cookies. They speak to me in my sleep, clamoring for me to produce more minions for their inevitable takeover. I resist as best I can, claiming to require sleep and food, but they are insistant. I am haunted by the ghosts of all of those broken eggs. Well, my friends, I may soon be joining you in the compost heap. I fear the cookies will decide that I am no longer of any use once the bakening has ended. Oh no, they have found my hiding place and are forcing me to return to the kitchen. Until later, dear diary.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
    edited March 2011
    I got everything I need. I'm going to bake 6 to 7 dozen cookies on Sunday.

TheRobotGuy on
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

We'll be sporting pins and/or flags with the cookie brigade logo on it

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
    edited March 2011
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......

/gigglesnort

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    edited March 2011
    I got everything I need. I'm going to bake 6 to 7 dozen cookies on Sunday.

Hey, Manchvegas guy... Yeah, you... ;) I'll be baking on Sunday as well as all day Wednesday. Hooray, cookies!

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    edited March 2011
    Hey, Manchvegas guy... Yeah, you... ;) I'll be baking on Sunday as well as all day Wednesday. Hooray, cookies!

Sweet! This is what I got.

185876_1785427747785_1002247843_1991882_3395416_n.jpg

TheRobotGuy on
    edited March 2011
    Nice! =) Yay cookies! =)

VThornheart on
    edited March 2011

Sweet! This is what I got.

185876_1785427747785_1002247843_1991882_3395416_n.jpg

Nice! I love those Betty Crocker bagged cookies. For home, I always make the oatmeal chocolate chip, and stir in dried cranberries. SOOOO good! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    edited March 2011
    That sounds pretty good. I might have to try that sometime.

TheRobotGuy on
    edited March 2011
    Okay, things are really spinning up now!

Brigadiers, please head to the PAX 2011 East forum on the Cookie Brigade website, and check out the "IMPORTANT – OFFICIAL CONTACTS AND MEETING LISTS" Thread! You will want to print the lists contained therein, they will give you all the info you will need in order to successfully pick up and drop off cookies once we're at PAX itself!

VThornheart on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hittin' up the cookie brigade is perhaps one of the things I am most excited about. My mouth is watering all over the place just thinking about all these delicious cookies. I want to try one of each! Hopefully I can find some of you good people. Last year I didn't see any cookie brigadiers!

Going to make sure I have lots of single bills available.

You all should attach bells to your belts or play music from speakers or something, so people will know you're around! Like the ice cream man! Except the music could be video game music.

I am going to buy SO MANY COOKIES. :3

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!